Discussion - The Official Relationship/Pairing/Shipping Thread | Page 119 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Official Relationship/Pairing/Shipping Thread

Why do you like your OTP?

• Total voters

Anti Hero 3:16

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
How do people feel about Cana x Gildarts?
Well they are father and daughter that's all it is to it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I don't know I am kind of feeling complicated on nalu. On ne hand i want them to be canon for the sake of all the nalu keepers but want them to be left open coz natsu is better character as a single.They haven't gone development at all.
Natsu has shown same amount of protection to erza as he has done to lucy remember that time in prison disguised as erza and TOH arc where her saved her.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I actually enjoyed Lucy's moments for the Alvarez arc. She stood up against Brandish, and she showed great resolve in facing Acnologia. Sure Lucy's primary focus this arc has been to make sure Natsu was alright, but I didn't feel it lessened her significance to the story.

I agree. Lucy had feelings for Natsu. All I'm saying, Lucy probably wasn't worried that Natsu would fool around with other girls.
Maybe not explicitly but subconsciously she would. They aren't dating, she doesn't know his feelings and he is gone without her for ten months. He could have found someone and gotten married in that time. Why else would she be stalking him and having a board with his whereabouts? She had friends on there and other members but I'm sure she used it for tracking him first and added people to be less creepy.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I think Erza was closer to Gray and Natsu at beginning of story. They just seemed to have a close rivalry and a unique friendship that some viewed at siblings while others viewed a similar romantic.

But when Natsu and Lisanna rescued Erza who had been abused by Kyoka. He didn't get mad. Natsu did not vow on eternal punishment for Kyoka or any of the demons for what they did to Erza. I think Mashima forgot to add Natsu to have a emotional reaction because really after OS, Erza and Natsu barely interact outside of a battle moment.

Cuz that torture situation had a rapey feel with Erza being naked and Kyoka'a innuendos. Plus when HistoriaKyoka came back and touched Erza'a boobs with remarking about their time inter room together. Along with Kyoka's magic type and the fact she's a lesbian

And really if there was any Naza at all, Natsu would have flipped a switch. Luffy is more asexual but he gets mad any time Robin or Nami or Boa is humiliated and shamed and its not even a ship moment...., Its something I hope any guy would do for their female friend. Look at how Natsu reacting to Yukino's crying about her guild stripping her and making her remove her guildmark. Natsu has no feelings for Yukino but he got so pissed, he went and attacked her whole guild. He also cried when Gray was going to kill himself vs Zeref.

But another problem with Mashima and Naza is that Natsu and Erza barely interact after OS. It actually started in OS when Natsu got taken out of the Jellal subplot. And Edolas, Tenrou, Gmg, Tartaros, Alvarez - Natsu always has his subplots connected to Gray and Lucy and also his fights a lot of time includes them. While Erza moves further and further from Team Natsu except for her growing relationship with Wendy and the small nonbattle moments with Gray in Tenrou, Gmg, Avatar, and Alvarez.

Not only that but Erza rarely interacts with Happy who is basically Natsu's child. Their two main interactions was Happy commenting on "Becaue she's Erza" and Erza kicking Happy to the moon when he made fun of her and Jellal.

I have always said the main promoter of Nalu was Lucy. And her feelings for him. And her preference for him. Also her blushing at him and thinking on him. Natsu has always been the more asexual/demisexual of the two.

Even Nali moments can be considered a really close friendship with people speculating like they do with Nalu. The anime only added to the fuel.

And that's the main issue with shipping Natsu.

Cuz he's a reading sweet guy. He's not gruff like Gajeel or emotionally closed like Gray. He's very open and sweet.
Maybe not explicitly but subconsciously she would. They aren't dating, she doesn't know his feelings and he is gone without her for ten months. He could have found someone and gotten married in that time. Why else would she be stalking him and having a board with his whereabouts? She had friends on there and other members but I'm sure she used it for tracking him first and added people to be less creepy.
Let's not make her Bella from Twilight.....

But I actually always thought this too especially when Lucy forehead touches Natsu's picture on her wall. That she was searching for him while she was tracking the guildmembers.

Last edited:

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think Erza was closer to Gray and Natsu at beginning of story. They just seemed to have a close rivalry and a unique friendship that some viewed at siblings while others viewed a similar romantic.

But when Natsu and Lisanna rescued Erza who had been abused by Kyoka. He didn't get mad. Natsu did not vow on eternal punishment for Kyoka or any of the demons for what they did to Erza. I think Mashima forgot to add Natsu to have a emotional reaction because really after OS, Erza and Natsu barely interact outside of a battle moment.

Cuz that torture situation had a rapey feel with Erza being naked and Kyoka'a innuendos. Plus when HistoriaKyoka came back and touched Erza'a boobs with remarking about their time inter room together. Along with Kyoka's magic type and the fact she's a lesbian

And really if there was any Naza at all, Natsu would have flipped a switch. Luffy is more asexual but he gets mad any time Robin or Nami or Boa is humiliated and shamed and its not even a ship moment...., Its something I hope any guy would do for their female friend. Look at how Natsu reacting to Yukino's crying about her guild stripping her and making her remove her guildmark. Natsu has no feelings for Yukino but he got so pissed, he went and attacked her whole guild. He also cried when Gray was going to kill himself vs Zeref.

But another problem with Mashima and Naza is that Natsu and Erza barely interact after OS. It actually started in OS when Natsu got taken out of the Jellal subplot. And Edolas, Tenrou, Gmg, Tartaros, Alvarez - Natsu always has his subplots connected to Gray and Lucy and also his fights a lot of time includes them. While Erza moves further and further from Team Natsu except for her growing relationship with Wendy and the small nonbattle moments with Gray in Tenrou, Gmg, Avatar, and Alvarez.

Not only that but Erza rarely interacts with Happy who is basically Natsu's child. Their two main interactions was Happy commenting on "Becaue she's Erza" and Erza kicking Happy to the moon when he made fun of her and Jellal.

I have always said the main promoter of Nalu was Lucy. And her feelings for him. And her preference for him. Also her blushing at him and thinking on him. Natsu has always been the more asexual/demisexual of the two.

Even Nali moments can be considered a really close friendship with people speculating like they do with Nalu. The anime only added to the fuel.

And that's the main issue with shipping Natsu.

Cuz he's a reading sweet guy. He's not gruff like Gajeel or emotionally closed like Gray. He's very open and sweet.

Let's not make her Bella from Twilight.....

But I actually always thought this too especially when Lucy forehead touches Natsu's picture on her wall. That she was searching for him while she was tracking the guildmembers.
Luffy is totally asexual. I mean, he has a harem and isn't interested. Not everyone is meant for relationships.

I think she started the wall for Natsu then added the members later. Lucy isn't a Bella but I'm sure she is an overthinker but doesn't want to show it. Her man left her and she buried herself in work to distract her from letting her imagination wonder.

thatsvicchan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Oh look....

Gray left Juvia a couple months in...

For Erza...

"Don't tell Juvia."

"Ok."

"Don't tell Jellal."
lol for Erza? More like for his personal reasons- END book. She asked but he accepted because Avatar could have lead him to END, as Silver wished.

He wanted to tell Juvia but he didn't in order to protect her.

---

Cannot believe there are still people who think Erza > Juvia to Gray. Manga is ending in two days basically and Gruvia couldn't be more blatant. Jerza as well.

Last edited:

Reaction score
Country
United States
lol for Erza? More like for his personal reasons- END book.

---

Cannot believe there are still people who think Erza > Juvia to Gray.
Gruvia is practically canon so it should not be of any consequence.
As for erza> juvia for gray
Gray first images were about juvia's death before anyone so it is pretty obvious who is more important to him.

thatsvicchan

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Gruvia is practically canon so it should not be of any consequence.
As for erza> juvia for gray
Gray first images were about juvia's death before anyone so it is pretty obvious who is more important to him.
I know this already, of course.

I am just referring to certain comments.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
lol for Erza? More like for his personal reasons- END book. She asked but he accepted because Avatar could have lead him to END, as Silver wished.

---

Cannot believe there are still people who think Erza > Juvia to Gray. Manga is ending in two days basically and Gruvia couldn't be more blatant. Jerza as well.
Nah; just pointing out inconsistencies as a funny to rebuttal the previous comment about Nalu.

But really.... Especially for Erza. You have weird inconsistencies. Look at ToH. You had Heart of Armor where Cana told Gray that Erza was his special person. You had Jellal and Simon in love with Erza. Natsu and Sho acting like they were in love without Erza. Plus Lucy said she could fall in love without Erza in Eisenwall. Kagura kissed Erza. Mira spanked Erza. Even Minerva blushed when Erza came back in Tartaros.

So in my opinion..... Since Mashima is writing the story. All characters are a bit in love with Erza.

The only one who isn't is Juvia. Cuz she had Erza up in her sleeping bag and was like "Uh..... I would really prefer Gray"

thatsvicchan

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Nah; just pointing out inconsistencies as a funny to rebuttal the previous comment about Nalu.

But really.... Especially for Erza. You have weird inconsistencies. Look at ToH. You had Heart of Armor where Cana told Gray that Erza was his special person. You had Jellal and Simon in love with Erza. Natsu and Sho acting like they were in love without Erza. Plus Lucy said she could fall in love without Erza in Eisenwall. Kagura kissed Erza. Mira spanked Erza. Even Minerva blushed when Erza came back in Tartaros.

So in my opinion..... Since Mashima is writing the story. All characters are a bit in love with Erza.

The only one who isn't is Juvia. Cuz she had Erza up in her sleeping bag and was like "Uh..... I would really prefer Gray"
This is totally missing the point of my post, as well your previous one.

I know you ship Grayza but saying Gray ditched Juvia because of Erza is absolute bullshit, and I won't stay silent if I don't agree with what I read.

However it's still pointless to prove my points because "Grayza" never existed in the first place, so... (y)

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
This is totally missing the point of my post, as well your previous one.

I know you ship Grayza but saying Gray ditched Juvia because of Erza is absolute bullshit, and I won't stay silent if I don't agree with what I read.

However it's still pointless to prove my points because "Grayza" never existed in the first place, so... (y)
Grayza is my favorite cuz I just love it :blush, but I also ship Gray with Juvia and Ultear. Gray is just really shippable for me. The point of my initial post was a rebuttal poking fun at Gruvia with Grayza for @Emperor Spriggan specifically because he likes Naza, and the way I feel about Naza is the same way you feel about Grayza.

The statement doesn't mean Gruvia isn't canon. Nor was it to put Gruvia down.

And saying Gray ditched Juvia was more for a joke then anything which is why I put

"Don't tell Jellal"
"Don't tell Juvia"

As a joke.

Mashima himself even poked fun at the situation with the guild members speculating about Juvia, Lucy and Erza during the timeskip.

That's cool if it's how you feel. Didn't mean to offend anyone. Yes I do promote Grayza but it's no more serious then other people on this site who promote GrayMi. I don't think my words can honestly sway anyone this late in the game unless they liked that ship already.

Gruvia has been pretty much canon from the first movie. Cuz it was right after that Gruvia became more in the manga as serious and not just teased for fun. I also have also support Gruvia. It's like a more angsty version of Nalu. And always in my arguements compare Juvia and Lucy with Juvia being more outgoing in her affection while Lucy is more internal. Also about Gray being more closed off to what he likes..... treating Juvia like he did Ur while Natsu is asexual. Cuz Gruvia is something that's already canon.

Besides I also support Jerza because it's my second favorite ship after Nalu. And I wouldn't want anything to come between my Jellal x Erza (-.-)

So Grayza would have to die just so my Jerza would happen. That's why I posted that sunset pic of Jerza. Was my most favorite romantic moment of the show. And those two should be together. No matter what all these Jellal haters be saying.

Also I shipped Angel x Gray for a short while for their fight in Kotss. And that's a ship I do not even think is listed under wiki crack ships. It completely has no logic behind it.

The point of the Erza part was because I think Mashima writes all the characters to be a bit in love with Erza or sexually attracted to Erza....

-Laxus gets boner from Erza in omake
-All men line up to see Nurse Erza on tenrou even Freed and Natsu while Levy and Juvia get jealous (this might have not been Mashima tho and ankme only??)
-Jellal and Simon are in love with her; Sho was bordering that but it got played into more brotherly love
-Lucy says she could fall for her in Eisenwall (people on tumble still mention this as a way to promote ErLu even tho the two barely interact the whole series)
- Gray's special person is Erza (chapter: Armor of the heart)
- Wendy wants to protect Erza specifically
-Natsu gets crazy angry for Erza
-Minerva was happy Erza came back to life and blushed
-Mira has this rivalry for Erza leading her to want Erza to put on a maid costume and spank her
-Kagura kissed Erza
-Erza crawled into a sleeping bag with Juvia
-Crowd of Gmg falling for Erza during Pandemonium when previously they had booed fairy tail

I think he does it partially for fanservice but also because in the manga itself..... Erza is the perfectly woman so he wants to show how other characters react to her. And that's why all those crazy crack ships like Naza, Grayza, Laza. ErLu, Ervin, ErMi have a bit of bases for them canonly.

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Natsu and Lucy are honestly better off as friends than lovers. They gel better and have better chemistry as friends who deeply care for each other.

Lucy~

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
If all the characters are in love with Erza though - wouldn't that be kinda be bad writing?
I see it more as everyone respects her - I don't remember a single character in this series ever that didn't eventually come to respect her if they didn't like her at the start.

Why do we keep saying Natsu is asexual when he's shown to be sexually attracted to women though. I've never seen Lucy ever sexually attracted to anyone >.>

Unless I missed something or I'm getting things wrong..

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I never shipped Erza with anyone other than Jellal. Maybe at the start of the series before tower of heaven and oracion seis, but that's about the earliest I would go. I'm fairly optimistic that all that pairings I ship will be made official next chapter, so all I'm doing now is waiting.

danny2018

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Natsu and Lucy are honestly better off as friends than lovers. They gel better and have better chemistry as friends who deeply care for each other.
I have to agree with this, from all of the big 4 ships they honestly have the best chemistry as friends and in my opinion the worst as lovers. The other 3 couples look fantastic together, lucy and natsu on the other hand look like bros and that's it.
I have only really been invested in 2 ships ever since I started fiction and one is from fairy tail and that's laxus and mirajane. I know they are not a couple but hiro has cock teased it a bit to give us miraxus fans hope. The other ship was riven and musa from winx club and sadly it failed miserably, in a few hours I hope this ship works out. Strangly the male in these 2 ships riven and laxus were very similar down to their hair style.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Never understood the argument that Natsu and Lucy looked better as friends. Natsu and Lucy started as friends, and eventually it's grown to the point where they consider each other as family. Natsu, Lucy, and Happy are a family. You see this in the movie when they cuddled together at the end, and you see this last chapter when Natsu said "I'm home" when he fell on top of Lucy and Happy. Even though Hargeon is nowhere near Magnolia or the guild, Natsu still felt at home near Lucy and Happy. Besides, when I see an image like this, it's hard to claim that Lucy doesn't have any feelings for Natsu.

kaizen07

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Are we really having that discussion at this point? It's pretty clear for me by looking at how Natsu's sexual reactions were mostly focused on and Lucy's attitude in certain moments. They stopped being simple friends like... after the first TS?

danny2018

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Never understood the argument that Natsu and Lucy looked better as friends. Natsu and Lucy started as friends, and eventually it's grown to the point where they consider each other as family. Natsu, Lucy, and Happy are a family. You see this in the movie when they cuddled together at the end, and you see this last chapter when Natsu said "I'm home" when he fell on top of Lucy and Happy. Even though Hargeon is nowhere near Magnolia or the guild, Natsu still felt at home near Lucy and Happy. Besides, when I see an image like this, it's hard to claim that Lucy doesn't have any feelings for Natsu.
In my opinion and feel free to disagree, everyone is entitled to their own, it looks weird, dare I say it looks almost like incest. Lucy and natsu have this brother sister relationship and this feels extremely forced. Just look at the dragon cry movie in the first 2 minutes of natsu and lucy interacting he has to go 2 inchs from her face just to appease the shippers and his excuse for being mere inches from her face is flimsy. I have no doubt hiro will make them a couple as nalu is his bread and butter, as the nalu fans have probably made hiro more money then any other aspect of fairy tail. The other couples have excellent cheminstry and it does not require one falls on the other and landing on their boobs, they just look fantastic together. look at any cover with jerza, gale or gruvia they look like lead for a love manga, but when I see nalu I think ewww that looks like incest, just my opinion

Reaction score
Country
United States
According to the Top 10 Cutest Anime Couples of 2014 as chosen by a poll of anime fans from YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook Nalu was third most popular ship voted by the fandom.
In my opinion and feel free to disagree, everyone is entitled to their own, it looks weird, dare I say it looks almost like incest. Lucy and natsu have this brother sister relationship and this feels extremely forced. Just look at the dragon cry movie in the first 2 minutes of natsu and lucy interacting he has to go 2 inchs from her face just to appease the shippers and his excuse for being mere inches from her face is flimsy. I have no doubt hiro will make them a couple as nalu is his bread and butter, as the nalu fans have probably made hiro more money then any other aspect of fairy tail. The other couples have excellent cheminstry and it does not require one falls on the other and landing on their boobs, they just look fantastic together. look at any cover with jerza, gale or gruvia they look like lead for a love manga, but when I see nalu I think ewww that looks like incest, just my opinion
No, they definitely don't have brother and sister relationship. Which sister would let her brother fi\oddle her breasts, Lucy definitely has feelings for natsu especially Post TS.

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Also Alzack and Bisca of all characters were in the same page with Natsu and Lucy.