Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 501 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
An extremely bad idea and it proves that Oda doesn't have all the control because he wouldn't allow this crap to happen. :derp

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have to ask, why are live actions so like noteworthy? Every mainstream franchise has gotten one but like what's the appeal? Even if I lived in Japan I'm not sure I would even go to one for my favorite series. It's cool for the author though.

shoyoboyo

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Getting a bit worried here. How could they possibly make a One Piece live action anything? They would have to really abuse CGI effects for it to look somewhat decent.
Also, this reminded me that there's also a Naruto and Bleach live action in production. What's next, another Dragon Ball live action (please no)? Hero Academia? Place your bets people.

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Please don't tell me it will be similar to Netflix Death Note

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Getting a bit worried here. How could they possibly make a One Piece live action anything? They would have to really abuse CGI effects for it to look somewhat decent.
Also, this reminded me that there's also a Naruto and Bleach live action in production. What's next, another Dragon Ball live action (please no)? Hero Academia? Place your bets people.
It is too early for My Hero Academia. This unfortunate event only happens with series that they don't have anything to milk anymore. :derp
One Piece is a on going series, sure, but they already made everything they could possibly make from the series.

Tanzo

Reaction score
Country
United States
OP Live-Action Series info:

shoyoboyo

Reaction score
Country
United States
So an American made production? The despair has just begun. What is this, the new Black Clover villain?

AllEyez

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
So the live action series was the 22nd announcement?

God i hope thats not all

iceemperor

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Oda's comment on this announcement:

Oda had actually decided on giving an okay for a live-action 3 years ago. His message to the producers is to "not betray the fans who have supported One Piece for the last 20 years". Oda wants people to expect good things from this production.

Lumilleon

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
One Piece get live tv serie in foreign.
You have to firggin kidding me.
I thought it was some foreign dub but turned out an live tv adaptation?
why nobody learn that adaptating action shounen manga into live action is super impossible, if holywood think OP can be converse into an epic live action movie such as LoTR then you are really wrong.
One Piece is cannot be adapted into Live Action. Holywood super flashy tool, Warner bross trick and anything else in the world cannot adapt OP.
OP is too far defy common sense than LoTR to be conversed into real life. Starting from characters and huge world building how could them materialized into live action?
oh btw inb4 Black Zorro or Black Sanji.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Live Action One Piece would be more like 98% CGI One Piece. Just the first two episodes would need tons of CGI for Alvida, Morgan and the Sea King who ate Shank's arm. Arlong and the other Fishmen would be the stuff of nightmares.
An american studio makes it only worse as they are pretty prude when it comes to nudity and Nami and Robin started to walk around like strippers since Alabasta.

shoyoboyo

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't even know what to expect from this. ShenGao is right when he says there would need to be a whole lot of CGI for many of the scenes. And the fact that it's apparently a series makes it more worrying because what could they possibly make it about? An original story or an adaptation of an existing arc?

Honestly the only thing I wouldn't mind seeing a live action adaptation of is the flashback where Luffy gets his hat from Shanks before he leaves. It would really only need CGI for the sea monster. Make it happen please.

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
You have to firggin kidding me.
I thought it was some foreign dub but turned out an live tv adaptation?
why nobody learn that adaptating action shounen manga into live action is super impossible, if holywood think OP can be converse into an epic live action movie such as LoTR then you are really wrong.
One Piece is cannot be adapted into Live Action. Holywood super flashy tool, Warner bross trick and anything else in the world cannot adapt OP.
OP is too far defy common sense than LoTR to be conversed into real life. Starting from characters and huge world building how could them materialized into live action?
oh btw inb4 Black Zorro or Black Sanji.
Honestly. I truly believe anything can be done well in film and television. It just takes the right person to prove everyone wrong.

Not saying this will be good. But years 12 people said creating a Marvel cinematic universe would be impossible and they shouldn't even attempt and look at it now. And even further back people said adapting Lord of the Rings would be impossible

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
After so many bad experiences, it is hard to believe that they are going to make something good, they just don't know how to make it good, I don't know... They should do like Japanese studios who make dramas from series that are possible to make with human beings. It will end up being a 3D animation like The Incredibles or something like that because they cannot let it of CGI even for a second.

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
After so many bad experiences, it is hard to believe that they are going to make something good, they just don't know how to make it good, I don't know... They should do like Japanese studios who make dramas from series that are possible to make with human beings. It will end up being a 3D animation like The Incredibles or something like that because they cannot let it of CGI even for a second.
Not saying it's gonna be good. I've just always felt like I don't want to write off the talented people behind this type of stuff with seeing or hearing anything.

And honestly. Television special effects has come a long way. And I don't think it would need as much tricky special effect as you guys suggest. The only really tricky think is Luffy's powers. A lot of this stuff could be practical and/or CG. And we see that a lot already in comic book tv shows

Status
Not open for further replies.