Semifinal - Holo vs Yui Yuigahama | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Holo vs Yui Yuigahama

Who wins?

• Holo

• Yui Yuigahama

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luca Blight

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
All this furry talk is weird. Holo isn't less physically human than Sesshomaru or even Inuyasha, I don't recall anyone not shipping them with human characters. Suddenly it matters :'(

This Yui chick scares the hell out of me.. if Hinata can come that close to Holo then who knows what's gonna happen this round.. :m3j

#PrayForHolo

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
voted for Holo just cuz

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Hell no. It's a #SaltVote.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
It could be really awkward if you had to register Holo with your local council (as a pet) and one day wanted to marry it. It wouldn't be legal for a start, and it's very possible you'd be frowned upon by society. Not that you, a loyal husbando, couldn't manage; but you would be forever branded a dog f***** wherever you went. People are that petty.

Another problem for me is that Holo is a deity. You will most certainly be outlived. Which sounds great, because she won't die on you. But if you have a heart you will feel guilty about 'leaving her' when you pass away - that could go on for decades. Not only that, can she modify her hybrid human form to not look like a teenager?

As for Yui's poor cooking skills.... how big of a deal is this? It's like no husbando can cook or something around here.

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It could be really awkward if you had to register Holo with your local council (as a pet) and one day wanted to marry it. It wouldn't be legal for a start, and it's very possible you'd be frowned upon by society. Not that you, a loyal husbando, couldn't manage; but you would be forever branded a dog f***** wherever you went. People are that petty.

Another problem for me is that Holo is a deity. You will most certainly be outlived. Which sounds great, because she won't die on you. But if you have a heart you will feel guilty about 'leaving her' when you pass away - that could go on for decades. Not only that, can she modify her hybrid human form to not look like a teenager?

As for Yui's poor cooking skills.... how big of a deal is this? It's like no husbando can cook or something around here.
Easy.

1. She is not a pet.
  2. Obviously the longevity is an issue, and yet they married. Holo is wise so of course she thought about that, read the LN :heh. Plus she has a kid now so even if you die she won't be left alone.
  3. Yui supporters again trying to avoid this. Waifu qualities like cooking and stuff were mentioned in previous threads a lot, why should it not matter here? You simply don't want to talk about these things because you know Yui can't compare to Holo.

Last edited:

Styx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
My girl Holo! Now, go! Straight to the end and destroy all! Unless it is Beatrix. :)

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Easy.

1. She is not a pet.
  2. Obviously the longevity is an issue, and yet married anyway. Holo is wise so of course she thought about that, read the LN :heh. Plus she has a kid now so even if you die she won't be left alone.
  3. Yui supporters again trying to avoid this. Waifu qualities like cooking and stuff were mentioned in previous threads a lot, why should it not matter here? You simply don't want to talk about these things because you know Yui can't compare to Holo.
  1. She might be classified as one, and if not, I'd have a tough time thinking she'd be considered 'human' right away. Her physiology is a problem.
  2. Yea I can see her getting married. And at the time it would feel right. But when you get much older the sad feeling of the situation will become an issue.
  3. Well I'm not saying it shouldn't matter, rather that it isn't a big deal. It's not too hard to become an average cook with some time. Of course this is an advantage for Holo. And Holo is also a woman, as opposed to a teenager.
I quite like Holo but at this stage of the game she has more deal breakers than Yui. If I was a wolf god I would pick Holo, for example.

Luca Blight

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
I'd love it if my wife had a tail so fluffy and cute. I'd comb it for her with a gentle smile in my face. The smile slowly becomes a smirk, and then I'll take a bite :datass

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
oh Lambu you sure prepared a nice big post there... guess you had that time bc you never had to do much, everyone was just voting for Holo out of blind faith :hmph

Okay I didn't prepare such a big post, but I think I already made lots of good points in regards to why you should vote for Yui. I'm not sure if people will bother, but this right here is a really good compilation video, highlighting why Yui is such a lovely and precious girl:

And before people say if she can be more than just funny or cute or adorable, ofc she can be. Like I said before, she might not be this amazing wolf goddess who apparently is oh so wise and whatnot, but she always tries to improve and to change. Dunno how much change I could expect out of Holo, Yuigahama changed a lot in a matter of months and keeps improving. Even if she feels inferior to others, she will do her damnedest to protect and help the people around her. Just take this scene, it's a very good example.

Also no worries, both vids are pretty much spoiler-free (title of the second vid is misleading), so you would do well to give them a short look at least ;)

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
oh Lambu you sure prepared a nice big post there... guess you had that time bc you never had to do much, everyone was just voting for Holo out of blind faith :hmph
Oh it wasn't everything at all, that was just some character information, and I dont really have time, thats why you posted everything fast, desperate to get early votes :p
Moreover, feels wrong to blame Holo supporters for exactly giving her support when you had your waifu reach this far thanks to another man's campaign. :kappa

Anyway, whats the problem with Holo's tail and ears? Its not like she's a fluffy dog or something and her tail looks beautiful.

Besides @niichan where did you get the idea fo Holo not wanting to improve as a person? She hates when she goes to bed with regrets of the day and keeps seeking the best for her and her close ones. Even if her personality is quite defined she wants to get better and learn from Lawrence (by the beggining of the series he's like a child in her eyes and its not long before they consider themselves equals despite the age difference)

:wtf :wtf :wtf

Wouldn't you like to see her like this every morning? :blush

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Oh it wasn't everything at all, that was just some character information, and I dont really have time, thats why you posted everything fast, desperate to get early votes :p
Moreover, feels wrong to blame Holo supporters for exactly giving her support when you had your waifu reach this far thanks to another man's campaign. :kappa

Anyway, whats the problem with Holo's tail and ears? Its not like she's a fluffy dog or something and her tail looks beautiful.

Besides @niichan where did you get the idea fo Holo not wanting to improve as a person? She hates when she goes to bed with regrets of the day and keeps seeking the best for her and her close ones. Even if her personality is quite defined she wants to get better and learn from Lawrence (by the beggining of the series he's like a child in her eyes and its not long before they consider themselves equals despite the age difference)

:wtf :wtf :wtf

Wouldn't you like to see her like this every morning? :blush
But my point was that Holo basically got carried through this without you doing much. I guess you have to thank Demonspeed and Sky for this. We were both busy it seems, but I guess I was the only one who actually bothered to ask someone to help me bc that's how much I care for Yui :hee

And I never said I have anything against animal ears or a tail. It's just that I prefer horns I guess? :teehee

Your post doesn't strike me as a good argument for her actually improving or changing, I mean there's no person who wants to go to bed with regrets xD Seems to me like she's basically this "perfect kami" since the beginning, I prefer characters who actually develop and improve over time. Not to mention growing old together, I don't want to imagine being an old grandpa with my wife still looking like an 18 years old girl... that would feel wrong :/

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Several nominees have been supported by other members though, a good waifu will obviously have many supporters. After syx , lakhan supported Yui as well.

I supported Erina and Iri too.

Reactions: Sky
Status
Not open for further replies.