Discussion - Dark Guilds Power Rate [ANNOUNCEMENT!] | Page 27 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Dark Guilds Power Rate [ANNOUNCEMENT!]

Do you want a Combined Power Rate?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, but without August and Irene

• Yes, but without August and Irene, and Natsu cannot use "Flames of Savage Emotions" or the 7DS Power

• Yes but Natsu cannot use "Flames of Savage Emotions" or the 7DS Power

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Ebony Maw

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
"I am the strongest mage in our alliance, you demons will pay for crossing us."

"You are the strongest mage in this alliance... but that does not mean you are the strongest individual. I am no mere mage."

"You dare challenge me, Hades, leader of Grimoire Heart?"

"You may claim the false name 'Hades', but Mard Geer is the true Underworld King."

And so we reach the conclusion...

Precht Gaebolg (AKA Hades)

Affiliation: Grimoire Heart
Magic: Chain Magic, Amaterasu, Bullet Magic, Grimoire Law, Requip, Magic Alteration, Katsu, Demon's Eye
Score: 10.125

Highest Score: 11 x 5(@BluePegasus, @Seven777, @Memicky, @Costanza, @Baszko) 10 x 21(@Emperor Spriggan, @CaptainTorch, @Valhalla777, @~Charging Lightning~, @Brandish, @DiMaria Yesta, @Asorx, @natsulucy, @matw123, @Zeref Spriggan, @Crescent_jinxgrace, @Pheromone, @Doughboy, @Gryffindor, @MonkeyD-Dragon, @Raienryuu, @lakhan220, @Star Frost, @Laxus chan-yo, @Zelefomavis, @MLG Bradman)
Lowest Score: 9 x 1(@EmptySoul) 9.5 x 1(@Jko)

My Score: 10/10

The former Second guild master of Fairy Tail and the guild master of Grimoire Heart, Precht Gaebolg is a mage who's sheer mastery of magic was unrivaled pre-x791. Being a friend of Mavis Vermilion, Precht learned magic from the legendary Dark Mage Zeref Dragneel, with the Black Mage even noting Precht's natural affinity to a numerous variety of magics. Being the Second guild master of Fairy Tail for decades, Precht left and gave up his title to go on a journey, during which he followed in his old mentors footsteps and became a dark mage, forming Grimoire Heart and taking the name Hades.

An immensely powerful mage, Hades had mastered numerous types of magic, with his Chain magic arguably being his signature magic. With Chain magic, Hades was able to throw his enemies with ease, being so strong that he was able to toss Makarov Dreyar around with no difficulty, even with the famous mage in his Titan mode. Other than Chain magic, Hades' other arguably signature magic was Amaterasu, a type of magic that generated massive spherical shockwaves via magical formulas in the air. The larger the formulas, the larger and more damaging the explosion, with the largest Amaterasu formula being seen from all across Tenrou Island and breaking through Makarov's strongest defensive spell. In addition to this, Hades has demonstrated expert use of Bullet magic, which allows him to generate small bursts of magic from his fingers, being small and strong enough to pierce flesh. He has also shown the spell known as Katsu, though the effects of this are unknown as the spirit Horologium saved Wendy before it could hit her. It should be noted however that Horologium said that Katsu was the most dangerous spell he had ever sensed before. Though Hades never explicitly named this magic, he has shown the ability to absorb magic and alter it into Darkness magic which he can then shoot back at his opponent.

Even with all of this said, the most dangerous of Hades' magic has not yet been covered. Named the "Devil's Eye", this magic not only boots Hades' already immense Magic Power, but it also gives him access to Living magic. Made infamous by Zeref himself, Living magic allows the user to create living beings from mere objects. Hades used this in his fight against Team Natsu to create numerous powerful demons from simple debris, with the aura of these demons and Hades' Magic Power terrifying all of team Natsu to the point that they all momentarily froze on the spot. It should also be noted that Hades is constantly empowered by a magical generator called the "Devil's Heart" which boosts his Magic Power and makes him almost invincible. However, this is also Hades' biggest Achilles heel, as his power diminishes greatly when it is destroyed.

And this means....

The victor is....

Mard Geer Tartaros

Affiliation: Tartaros
Curse: Thorn Curse, Alegria, Memento Mori
Score: 10.643

Highest Score: 11 x 19 (@CaptainTorch, @Valhalla777, @~Charging Lightning~, @DiMaria Yesta, @natsulucy, @matw123, @EmptySoul, @Zeref Spriggan, @Crescent_jinxgrace, @Pheromone, @Emperor Spriggan, @MLG Bradman, @MonkeyD-Dragon, @Raienryuu, @lakhan220, @Star Frost, @Laxus chan-yo, @Jko, @Gryffindor) 10 x 8(@BluePegasus, @Brandish, @Seven777, @Asorx, @Memicky, @Costanza, @Doughboy, @Baszko)
Lowest Score: 9 x 1(@Zelefomavis)

My Score: 11/10

The guild master of Tartaros, Mard Geer Tartaros was an Etherious whose aim was to use the FACE bombs to cripple the continent of Ishgar, revive E.N.D and create an era where Demons ruled over everything. Coming from a Book of Zeref himself, Mard Geer used the Book of E.N.D to rally a guild of Etherious behind him, dubbing it Tartaros after his name. At some point after this, Mard took the title "Underworld King" and made contracts with fellow Etherious so that they could be reborn in Hell's Core upon death or defeat.

Much like his fellow Etherious, Mard loathes humans, but unlike almost all other Etherious, he isn't sadistic towards them. In fact, he outright punishes subordinates that toy with humans as he views them as mere insects. Almost always appearing cool and calm, Mard "killed" his emotions so he could put his more logical side at he forefront of decision making. With this being said, his fury is terrifying when it does surface, as shown when Fairy Tail infiltrated Cube, which Mard views as his "garden" and takes immense pride in. Even when wronged however, Mard's logical side still takes priority, as before he fought against Sting, Rogue and Natsu and remembered the emotion of anger, he set the Book of E.N.D down as he was unsure of what would happen if he accidentally damaged it.

An absolute monster in battle, Mard Geer's signature curse is the Thorn curse. This curse allows Mard to create vines lined with thorns from the ground, with their use being varied, sometimes being used as restraints that restrict and puncture the target, and other times being used to simply overwhelm and pierce targets. This curse also allows Mard generate explosions made of pure Curse Power by simply swiping his fingers, with he radius of the explosion being quite large. In addition to this, the Underworld King also has access to a curse called Alegria, which turns the Tartaros guild headquarters, Cube, into a demonic monstrosity called Plutogrim. With all of this said, Mard may have access to the most powerful curse of all: Memento Mori. This curse is said to literally erase a person from existence, not simply kill them, but genuinely erase them to the point that it appears they never existed. Despite this curse's full effects not being shown due to Gray negating the brunt of it with his Devil Slayer magic, it was still powerful enough to make the Devil Slayer collapse.

Despite all of the above being said, Mard Geer Tartaros' true reason for being superior to his peers is his unnaturally monstrous endurance and durability. This Demon managed to: fight the Celestial Spirit King and give him trouble in base, almost kill Erza and Minerva with zero effort, casually throw Sting and Rogue around, and then get pushed back albeit by a combined assault between Sting, Rogue and Natsu. This is all done whilst he is casual. Still somewhat casual, he goes on to: completely stonewall Sting, Rogue and Natsu until Natsu goes LFD, at which point he tanks a hit with absolute boredom, regains composure and then launches some thorns at them. This is when Gray enters with his Devil Slaying magic. Whilst initially put on the defensive by Gray, a strike that may have killed him is blocked by Jiemma, and this is when he enters his Etherious form. With Sting and Rogue leaving to fight Jiemma, Mard attacks the two Slayers with his thorns only to have them destroyed, but he then picks the two of them up and uses his wings to fly and drag their faces along the ground. Their battle rages on with Mard taking numerous hits but not appearing to be phased at all, even tanking a direct hit from a Dragon Slayers Secret Art from DF Natsu. It is only when Gray hits Mard directly with an Ice Devil's Zeroth Long Bow that Mard Geer is finally defeated. Even then though, Mard is simply forced to exit his Etherious form, he is not killed until Zeref returns and returns him to his book.

It is for these reasons, I declare....

Mard Geer Tartaros as the victor of the Dark Guilds Power Rate!

Seraph

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Finland

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Guild Score: 7.180059524
--- Double Post Merged, ---
I hope you all enjoyed!

A full score board will be posted tomorrow, as well as thanks to the people that helped make this happen. :super

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
The Final Scoreboard

#1 Mard Geer: 10.643
#2 Precht Gaebolg: 10.125
#3 Silver Fullbuster: 8.679
#4 Bluenote Stinger: 8.50
#5 Kyoka: 8.482
#6 Zero: 8.036
#7 Ultear Milkovich: 7.911
#8 Seilah: 7.839
#9 Jiemma Orland: 7.464
#10 Torafuzar: 7.411
#11 Tempester: 7.357
#12 Macbeth: 7.160714286
#12 Azuma: 7.160714286
#14 Jackal: 6.929
#15 Erik: 6.839
#16 Franmalth: 6.75
#17 Ezel: 6.232
#18 Zancrow: 6.196
#19 Rustyrose: 6.179
#20 Arlock: 6.089
#21 Brain: 5.804
#22 Keyes: 5.769
#23 Meredy: 5.661
#24 Sawyer: 5.339
#25 Richard: 5.232
#26 Zoldeo: 5.143
#27 Ivan Dreyar: 5.036
#28 Jerome: 4.857
#29 Sorano Agria: 4.536
#30 Kain Hikaru: 4.517857143
#30 Mary: 4.517857143
#32 Obra: 4.482
#33 Flare Corona: 4.179
#34 Briar: 4.125
#35 Gouman: 3.518
#36 Abel: 3.268
#37 D-6: 3.179
#38 Lamy: 2.697

The Guild Scores

#1 Tartaros: 7.180059524
#2 Grimoire Heart: 6.821428571

#3 Oracion Seis: 6.135204082
#4 Raven Tail: 4.56547619
#5 Avatar: 4.221938776

Congratulations to Tartaros!

I just want to say a big thanks to:

- @Gryffindor for calculating the scores and helping me run this
- @Emperor Spriggan for doing a couple of eliminations and giving us the idea
- @BluePegasus for letting us do this, helping us out and doing Bluenote's elimination
- @~Charging Lightning~ for doing Silver's post and helping out in general
- @Valhalla777 for providing me with some awesome fan art (seriously, without him most of the art would have been from the anime)

I couldn't have done this without you guys! :super

I also want to say a big thanks for all who participated, I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did!

Last edited:

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Since the manga is finished and all...

How about a combined rating?

So, we've noticed that despite Fairy Tail being officially finished, a lot of the threads have still been active. In particular, the Power Ranking thread, the Shipping thread and, in general, the Domus Flau section. With this in mind, we were wondering if you guys would like us to do one more rating, but with a more mixed pool of characters.

This would involve:

- The top 20 of @BluePegasus' Ishgar Power Rate
- The Spriggan 12
- Mard Geer
- Precht Gaebolg

I've opened a poll to see if you guys would like this: feel free to vote honestly, no one will be able to see who voted for what and we won't take it personally if you guys have had enough. However, there will be three options: yes, no, or yes, but no August and Irene. This is purely for issues of predictability, as we are aware that while Spriggans are hax in general, these two in particular are monstrous and can throw a spanner in the works for some people.

With this being said, vote!

If you guys green light this, it will start after the Fairy Tail awards have finished.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
I'd like to vote "yes, but without August Irene and Natsu".

But if that's not possble and we really have to keep Natsu, i won't complain.

Anti Hero 3:16

Reaction score
Country
United States
Since the manga is finished and all...

How about a combined rating?

So, we've noticed that despite Fairy Tail being officially finished, a lot of the threads have still been active. In particular, the Power Ranking thread, the Shipping thread and, in general, the Domus Flau section. With this in mind, we were wondering if you guys would like us to do one more rating, but with a more mixed pool of characters.

This would involve:

- The top 20 of @BluePegasus' Ishgar Power Rate
- The Spriggan 12
- Mard Geer
- Precht Gaebolg

I've opened a poll to see if you guys would like this: feel free to vote honestly, no one will be able to see who voted for what and we won't take it personally if you guys have had enough. However, there will be three options: yes, no, or yes, but no August and Irene. This is purely for issues of predictability, as we are aware that while Spriggans are hax in general, these two in particular are monstrous and can throw a spanner in the works for some people.

With this being said, vote!

If you guys green light this, it will start after the Fairy Tail awards have finished.

That's a very cool idea, how about adding gmg dragons & f.rogue in the mix.
By the way will the ishgar top 20 & spriggans will be polled again or they will be placed according to earlier rankings?
Anyways, a great idea.

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
honestly, I don't want August and Irene there.

I also don't want Natsu there but the discussions about him will be the best :cheez
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
and I would finally be able to post my favorite panel, right my boy @~Charging Lightning~
--- Double Post Merged, ---
and my second boy @Zeref Spriggan

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Updated the poll so that Natsu is limited in terms of the modes he can use.

I don't want to outright remove him, so I hope this helps. :super

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Maybe rank something else we haven't ranked. Like we can rank magics, spells, races, guilds or something

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think that would be nice and I really don't mind if August and Irene be included but none of Natsu's Flame of Emotions or the power of 7ds mess.:-_- Also if we're gonna rate the power levels since we're combining everybody, should we like maybe increase it to 20 or possibly 21? Kind of hard to explain the reason why I'm suggesting this but it has to do with powerful characters being more powerful than the others. Like the Spriggans being far powerful the the Balam Alliance who majority of the Ishgar Alliance are stronger than but some aren't compared to the Spriggans which I feel may be harder to rate using the 1-10 and possibly 11.

Last edited:

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Updated the poll so that Natsu is limited in terms of the modes he can use.

I don't want to outright remove him, so I hope this helps. :super
awww you removed the fun :(

I won't forgive you

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Maybe rank something else we haven't ranked. Like we can rank magics, spells, races, guilds or something
Those are good suggestions but I’m not sure those would work in this context. Stuff like fights and spells has already been tested in FT awards. The main example being Jellal’s spells, practically all of them got nominated but only Sema made it to the semifinals. There are too many fights and spells for people to come to a consensus regarding a sample of what to rate.