Voting - Most Underrated Character | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Most Underrated Character

Most Underrated Character

• Kagura Mikazuchi

• Mirajane Strauss

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Use this thread to vote for the Most Underrated Character.

Kagura Mikazuchi
-
Mirajane Strauss
Voting rules:
  • You are allowed one vote
  • You are permitted to change your vote while polls are open
  • If there is a tie, a staff pick will break the lock
Voting closes on August 13th, 2017.

Mirajane - 8 Nominations
Gajeel - 5 Nominations
Jacob - 5 Nominations
Kagura - 4 Nominations
Lucy - 4 Nominations
Lyon - 4 Nominations
Juvia - 4 Nominations
Brandish - 3 Nominations
Sting - 3 Nominations
Cobra - 2 Nominations
Mard Geer - 2 Nominations
Meredy - 2 Nominations
Panther Lily - 2 Nominations
Zeref - 2 Nominations
Bacchus - 1 Nomination
Hades - 1 Nomination
Hoteye - 1 Nomination
Irene - 1 Nomination
Jose - 1 Nomination
Kyouka - 1 Nomination
Lahar - 1 Nomination
Laki - 1 Nomination
Levy - 1 Nomination
Loke - 1 Nomination
Makarov - 1 Nomination
Mest - 1 Nomination
Minerva - 1 Nomination
Nab - 1 Nomination
Natsu - 1 Nomination
Obra - 1 Nomination
Rogue - 1 Nomination
Rufus - 1 Nomination
Ur - 1 Nomination

Mirajane - 18 votes
Gajeel - 11 votes
Lucy - 16 votes

Kagura - 21 votes
Jacob - 20 votes
Lyon - 11 votes

Please forward any questions to the Awards Info thread.

Last edited:

Costanza

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Jose (First major bad guy, didn't last long but was the villain of one of the best arcs imo. Forgotten)
Gajeel (Always feel he's overlooked)
Makarov (I get he's been useless for a long, long time, but this is same guy who was an early powerhouse and "faced" acnologia

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I looked through the other character nominations (best male/female/villain) before nominating here...

A lot of characters are underutilized or misused and that gives the impression that they are underrated... which is not the same thing in my opinion.

My 2 most underrated...
Hades & Mard Geer - I believe they are hands down the best villains :hmph so one of them should be in everyone's nomination for best villains but they're not :(

Those probably don't spring to mind for most, since they are generally appreciated. I'll try to think of another...

Characters like Zeref/Kagura/Meredy/Mirajane I don't class as underrated since they get a fair bit of love anyway. Same goes for every Spriggan other than Jacob. I was going to suggest Acnologia since he used to be the best villain but since he came back after Universe One I really couldn't suggest him.

Anti Hero 3:16

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I looked through the other character nominations (best male/female/villain) before nominating here...

A lot of characters are underutilized or misused and that gives the impression that they are underrated... which is not the same thing in my opinion.

My 2 most underrated...
Hades & Mard Geer - I believe they are hands down the best villains :hmph so one of them should be in everyone's nomination for best villains but they're not :(

Those probably don't spring to mind for most, since they are generally appreciated. I'll try to think of another...

Characters like Zeref/Kagura/Meredy/Mirajane I don't class as underrated since they get a fair bit of love anyway. Same goes for every Spriggan other than Jacob. I was going to suggest Acnologia since he used to be the best villain but since he came back after Universe One I really couldn't suggest him.
I think larcade and jacob should be considered even more underrated just coz of the hate they get why that to jacob had pretty cool and hax magic.
Rusty rose,aria from phantom lord arc and torafuza are also pretty underrated to.

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mirajane
Lucy
Jacob

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I support:
- Mirajane Strauss

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Lahar

Bro died and nobody remembers him. They only remember Simon even tho Simon only lasted 20 chapters? Lahar was introduced OS, reappeared on Tenrou, for development in Kotss; had his own ship with Mest by Gmg; and died in in Tartaros.

People straight forget him or don't care that he died.

Also Mest - the savior of Loli's and Makarov (who kinda is a Loli if you think about it); had consentent development and prominent moments even tho he's a side-side character

Lucy because she said to be simultaneously both under rated and over rated. Definetly the most underrated of the mains as the normal person in a guild full of monsters but also overrated because she's a MC so always gets spotlight but then she's underrated too for fanservice yet she consistently pulls her weight more than most characters. So for that character that straddles the border.

Juliana

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Levy
Mira

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
So most underrated, Mira Gajeel or Lucy.......

Alright, imo Mirajane isn't underrated. If anything she's even overrated, since people want her to still be relevant and as good as Erza. If "underrated" means "i wish she had more feats because i love her" then i guess she's underrated. In my book she's not underrated.

So for me it's either Gajeel or Lucy, and i think i personally underrate both of them so it's hard to decide xD
However, sometimes i read incredible posts about Lucy where it is implied that she's top tier due to CSK, a CSK stardress is even invented etc... She's kind of what i explained above with Mirajane: huge fanbase who wants her to shine, she also is overrated at times imo.
So i'm voting Gajeel. Close call though.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I'll choose Gajeel based on how I feel about the character vs how many nominations he got in best character category. I did the same comparison for Lucy/Mira as well. Mirajane, as Takuan said, is not underrated.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Voted mirajane coz she lacked screentime.Even in the given screentime she was made look like a joke, definitely underutilized for girl who is supposed to be rival to erza.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Went with Gajeel, basically what @Takuan said.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Gajeel and Mira are both secondary characters. Gajeel isn't really underrated. The only time he was, was on Tenrou losing to chicken and dog. He is Natsu's dragon slaying rival.

The only thing to actually make Gajeel underrated is the use of Gajevy in his last few fights as a plot device for PoF/PoS (power of ships) that eveyone likes because they support Gajevy.

So really it should be between Mira and Lucy.

For me...

The women of this series who aren't Erza are underrated more than any of males.

Lucy gets overrated in the manga she does something useful then next second she is made to be comedy. So she's totally underrated for being a "weak, unless" character. Can you honestly say you have never heard that? And out of the main cast, she is totally underrated. Even Wendy is made more hyped then Lucy.

Mira is almost as bad as Lucy but she's not truly underrated she only lacks panel time and has to battle against Mashima's favoritism to Erza. Really she's usually used to hype villains because people see her as super strong. And people unanimously love Mira. She just needs more panel time.

This series is kinda weird tho. The under rating really comes from being badly executed in the story as a character. Or lacking panel time. Not from actually being underrated.

Voted mirajane coz she lacked screentime.Even in the given screentime she was made look like a joke, definitely underutilized for girl who is supposed to be rival to erza.
But that's why Mashima did that. He didn't want anyone close to Erza. After Mira vs Freed, he pretty much spent rest of series turning Mira into a minor fighter and fanservice to not steal Erza's shine. Three tom s he used her to hype Erza fights- Seliah giving energy to Kyoka after fighting Mira, Mira losing to Azuma, and being beaten by Irene.

It's also why I believe Lucy's Star dresses were given supporting roles and only a fake fight against Brandish. Mashima even said in afterword that Lucy's star dresses were too similar to Erza's requip.

Look at even Kagura and her treatment over the series. She was super popular (people love her) and her best moments were losing to Larcade, one shotting a celestial wizard with no defense, kissing Erza, kissing Jellal, and being used as a PoF device for Erza to beat Minerva.

Last edited:

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Going with Gajeel, contrary to popular belief I honestly believe he is on par with Gray and Natsu (pre DF). He just doesnt get a lot of screentime like them.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Gajeel and Mira are both secondary characters. Gajeel isn't really underrated. The only time he was, was on Tenrou losing to chicken and dog. He is Natsu's dragon slaying rival

The only thing to actually make Gajeel underrated is the use of Gajevy in his last few fights as a plot device for PoF/PoS (power of ships) that eveyone likes because they support Gajevy.

So really it should be between Mira and Lucy.

For me...

Lucy gets overrated in the manga she does something useful then next second she is made to be comedy. And out of the main cast, she is totally underrated. Even Wendy is made more hyped then Lucy.

Mira is almost as bad as Lucy but she's not truly underrated she only lacks panel time and has to battle against Mashima's favoritism to Erza. Really she's usually used to hype villains because people see her as super strong. And people unanimously love Mira.

This series is kinda weird tho. The understating really comes from being badly executed in the story as a character. Not from actually being underrated.

But that's why Mashima did that. He didn't want anyone close to Erza. After Mira vs Freed, he pretty much spent rest of series turning Mira into a minor fighter and fanservice to not steal Erza's shine. Three tom s he used her to hype Erza fights- Seliah giving energy to Kyoka after fighting Mira, Mira losing to Azuma, and being beaten by Irene.

It's also why I believe Lucy's Star dresses were given supporting roles and only a fake fight against Brandish. Mashima even said in afterword that Lucy's star dresses were too similar to Erza's requip.

Look at even Kagura and her treatment over the series. She was super popular (people love her) and her best moments were losing to Larcade, one shotting a celestial wizard with no defense, kissing Erza, kissing Jellal, and being used as a PoF device for Erza to beat Minerva.
That is the reason I voted for lucy as best female character, she has great moments but some stupid moments too. As for the bolded ones, this is the reason I think mira is underrated she was used to her full potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.