Final Match - Mikasa Ackerman vs Holo | Page 10 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Final Match Mikasa Ackerman vs Holo

Who is the ultimate Waifu?

• Mikasa Ackerman

• Holo

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Come on everyone Lawrence did marry Holo and had a daughter with her.So animal features are no problem.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
And that couldn't possibly have anything to do with the subject of said cons, could it?

Sorry... had to get some :pjsalt in this round since @Lovemagi decided to forsake me in the Salt Wars. :kappa
Idk, said cons are "she's boring with 0 personality" '-' not quite elaborated imo.
Then the other said pros are "she's fun and wise". Jammin made a great post about and Lambu will prolly make another soon, but aside from that, others havent said much more than that.

Styx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Okay, I just read the huge post supporting Mikasa and all I really saw was the same thing people from both sides have been saying. Her (insane) devotion to Eren. It was just inflated to appear as if it is more than that, but it isn't. If that's a quality that, itself, deserves victory for then I know who I will cast in these Waifu Wars from now on. Yuno from Mirai Nikki. She's far more devoted to Amano than Mikasa is to Eren. :kappa

Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Idk, said cons are "she's boring with 0 personality" '-' not quite elaborated imo.
Then the other said pros are "she's fun and wise". Jammin made a great post about and Lambu will prolly make another soon, but aside from that, others havent said much more than that.
In all seriousness, I think what most people are getting at here is that Mikasa is a bit too one-dimensional. Yeah she's a dangerous and capable fighter, and is shown to be devoted to the person she loves, but she doesn't really have much of a dynamic personality. So I'm not sure if the positive qualities she has necessarily outweigh those of Holo's as a potential partner. She's admirable, but Holo is still probably more interesting to me.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
In the end it's gonna be a matter of taste, I believe, but in the process saying that a less dynamic person = not having a personality is a stretch, hence what I said before (and no, I'm not implying that's what you just said, that's what I'm getting in those "cons" we're talking about). From what I got, Mikasa and Holo's personalities are indeed worlds apart. I see no problem in someone more serious and reserved, in spite of why she's like that, and that's where taste comes. But that's defo not all what those kind of people are and that's not all what Mikasa has and displays. And whenever the other party wanna agree on something and talk about her positive side they sum it up as combat and devotion. The latter alone should mean a lot but alone it won't represent her at all, lol. And it feels like in spite of people coming here are presenting, it won't matter and we'll go back to the lack of personality bs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Potato-san summarized it quite well:
People ask what Mikasa is without Eren -> People tell -> It's turned against her/It's not important -> Repeat.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
@SirSamuel016 If your tastes are so fickle that they only ride the popularity wave, then in about a month you'll look back on this and cringe at yourself like we're currently doing when you toss Rindou aside for the next popular girl.

If you're here to support Holo the please support Holo! We don't want to hear about your eliminated waifu.

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
So what are Mikasa's waifu qualities again? So far all i've seen is people giving long descriptions of her great devotion and how she became so devoted in the first place, as though having a good reason for it somehow makes those qualities better.
This is a war to decide who is a better waifu, not who is a better character, Mikasa having a sad backstory and being saved by her beloved Eren doesnt add to her qualities as a waifu, at best its an interesting story she can tell you at dinner that leaves you awkward, and silently deciding to never bring it up again.

Is having a woman who thinks of nothing but you really that appealing? And if its not her high levels of devotion thats drawing people in then what is? What exactly is it that makes you think you'd actually enjoy spending time with her? the only other reason i've seen given is that she's good in a fight, I just dont see the appeal. Are people fine with having a woman whos personality revolves entirely around her man? Or is that actually the reason so many find her appealing?

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
So what are Mikasa's waifu qualities again? So far all i've seen is people giving long descriptions of her great devotion and how she became so devoted in the first place, as though having a good reason for it somehow makes those qualities better.
This is a war to decide who is a better waifu, not who is a better character, Mikasa having a sad backstory and being saved by her beloved Eren doesnt add to her qualities as a waifu, at best its an interesting story she can tell you at dinner that leaves you awkward, and silently deciding to never bring it up again.

Is having a woman who thinks of nothing but you really that appealing? And if its not her high levels of devotion thats drawing people in then what is? What exactly is it that makes you think you'd actually enjoy spending time with her? the only other reason i've seen given is that she's good in a fight, I just dont see the appeal. Are people fine with having a woman whos personality revolves entirely around her man? Or is that actually the reason so many find her appealing?
Don't expect to find the answers to those questions in this thread, instead you'll just be another one of the "turn it against her/say it's not important" people who "just don't get it"...

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda

What do you consider waifu qualities then? Please tell us. Because last time I checked it was subjective. Not everyone likes the same qualities so the ones you dismiss might be appreciated by someone else. It's called having different tastes and opinions.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
@SirSamuel016 If your tastes are so fickle that they only ride the popularity wave, then in about a month you'll look back on this and cringe at yourself like we're currently doing when you toss Rindou aside for the next popular girl.

If you're here to support Holo the please support Holo! We don't want to hear about your eliminated waifu.
Whoa, settle down. Rindou has been my best girl since I met her in SnS, that's never changed or come close to changing. Maybe I'm fickle with the more meaningless ones but I know my idea of top-tier and Rindou meets that; she's the one that really matters. At the end of the day I am who I am and I like who and what I like.

And if you're going to mention being on-topic to me then why go on your own off-topic spiel? :P No biggie, but I suppose I'll grant your wishes as I always am here to sirve you ;)

So, while you're running a good campaign, at the end of the day I think people are beating the dead horse that is Mikasa's devotion. Yes, she's devoted to EREN but what else does she really have going for her in terms of being a waifu? Don't get me wrong, devotion is certainly a big up but we need more than that. Holo can also be devoted, plus she's got personality and wits to go with it. Either way, the votes aren't solely decided on who is the better waifu but also popularity so either way it'll be interesting to see what'll happen.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu

You just don't get it '-'

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
What do you consider waifu qualities then? Please tell us. Because last time I checked it was subjective. Not everyone likes the same qualities so the ones you dismiss might be appreciated by someone else. It's called having different tastes and opinions.
Fair enough. Waifu qualities for me would be:
  • Being interesting, consistently. And im not talking about having an interesting life or backstory(though that doesnt hurt), i am talking about having an interesting personality that can continuously keep you engaged.
  • Being fun. Why spend your time with a woman who isnt a joy to be around? Having quiet, loving moments are great, but is that all your relationship is gonna have? Never gonna joke and play around with each other? Never gonna tease each other or have a battle of wits? Never gonna just have a laugh?
  • Being cute. Who doesnt want a cute waifu?
  • Being understanding and kind. Someone who can read the mood, can understand if her man is happy or sad, is doing fine or having troubles, and responds appropriately
Those would be the main things for me, dont need to be all those things to be a good waifu, but the more the better imo. There are other obvious things like being loving and loyal and stuff, but honestly any waifu worth her salt should be those things and all the waifus in this war were, as far as i can remember.

So what do you consider waifu qualities?
Oh and what qualities am i dismissing? From what i can remember I was just asking for what Mikasa's are. Didnt have anything against devotion

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
"What makes a waifu" was asked in the Hangout, and Sky said this...

A waifu is a waifu when you feel it in your heart. When you look at a girl, you go all DOKI DOKI and you somehow know that she is the one.
That is a fair and suitable answer. For this battle, Mikasa made me doki doki within just a few episodes. No need for the full essay on her characteristics. The essays work well in the discussion and they justify your choice; but to doki doki or not to doki doki, that is the question.

I was going to say this too... apparently I'm not on your level. Why weren't you nominated as a salt lord, while a mere mortal such as myself was?

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
That is a fair and suitable answer. For this battle, Mikasa made me doki doki within just a few episodes. No need for the full essay on her characteristics. The essays work well in the discussion and they justify your choice; but to doki doki or not to doki doki, that is the question.
But that's the boring, unremarkable answer :heh. This is the final and people posted countless walls of text already, let them go all out.

And as it's been said before, people have different tastes.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
But that's the boring, unremarkable answer :heh. This is the final and people posted countless walls of text already, let them go all out.

And as it's been said before, people have different tastes.
I will not fall your traps, o wise salt lord. I'd love to write a wall but I saw Spice + Wolf so many years ago, and AoT I've only seen S1. So all you get is doki doki, okie dokie? :derp

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I was going to say this too... apparently I'm not on your level. Why weren't you nominated as a salt lord, while a mere mortal such as myself was?
Always a bridesmaid, never a bride :feelsbadman
Fair enough. Waifu qualities for me would be:
  • Being interesting, consistently. And im not talking about having an interesting life or backstory(though that doesnt hurt), i am talking about having an interesting personality that can continuously keep you engaged.
  • Being fun. Why spend your time with a woman who isnt a joy to be around? Having quiet, loving moments are great, but is that all your relationship is gonna have? Never gonna joke and play around with each other? Never gonna tease each other or have a battle of wits? Never gonna just have a laugh?
  • Being cute. Who doesnt want a cute waifu?
  • Being understanding and kind. Someone who can read the mood, can understand if her man is happy or sad, is doing fine or having troubles, and responds appropriately
Those would be the main things for me, dont need to be all those things to be a good waifu, but the more the better imo. There are other obvious things like being loving and loyal and stuff, but honestly any waifu worth her salt should be those things and all the waifus in this war were, as far as i can remember.

So what do you consider waifu qualities?
Oh and what qualities am i dismissing? From what i can remember I was just asking for what Mikasa's are. Didnt have anything against devotion
Those are some good qualities you look for, and I'm sure many do as well. So naturally you'd vote for the one that fits closest to your ideal. I don't have a set criteria like that tbh. It's like Brandish (and Sky) said, it's the one that you're drawn to after watching them for a while. It could be one episode, it could be 10. Something about the character will just appeal to you. There are many great girls in AoT, some have said even better than Mikasa, like Annie, Historia, Ymir, Sasha. They all have different qualities to appeal to different viewers. Mikasa stood out to me. I happen to like her personality. I can see the potential of her character. Does she focus on Eren a lot? Yes. But I'm not blinded by that. It doesn't block me from seeing Mikasa for what she is. But this is a waifu war not a character assessment thread like many pointed out. So I focus on what I think are her waifu qualities which you see more of when Eren is involved. That's just the way it is. But it's not about Eren. It's about how she would apply the same qualities to you. That's why when people keep mentioning "Eren!!" I just have to shake my head. Apply Mikasa's devotion to you. She would love you. She would be loyal to you. A confidante. Someone who would stand with you even at your lowest point. And as is the case with some guys and what they look for, she's good at house work. I'd assume you wouldn't live in a world with Titans, and as shown in her flashbacks, Mikasa was a pretty lighthearted, happy girl, always eager and ready to help. So take out the Titans and that's what you have. Which is why the situation they're in has to account for something and why I think she's judged too harshly for having "no personality" which isn't even true.

But once again, it's a matter of preference. You like what you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.