Predictions - The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama Part 5 - Totto Land Arc / Whole Cake Island Arc | Page 17 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama Part 5 - Totto Land Arc / Whole Cake Island Arc

Who's the Next Mugiwara Nakama, and what will be the role in Straw Hat Pirates?

• Carrot

• Caesar Clown

• Charlotte Purin

• Jinbe

• Marco

• Pedro

• Pekoms

• Wasatsumi

• Others - please specify

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.

Deleted member 182576

Katakuri. In chapter 874, he has already made himself home by chilling on Sunny. Luffy need to adopt him already, just like he did with Robin. Then we need someone to kidnap Katakuri and see him say "I wanna live. Take out to sea with you".
i got the same vibes but i was like wait, never have i ever thought about katakuri joining. that would be the biggest plot twist. but oda is kind of famous for his plot twists. i mean, he would literally punch all the readers and theory makes in the face.

side note: if zeus is really coming with nami (which actually would be hiliarious, side note: dragonball had a cloud too so that would be funny too, since momonosuke kind of reminds me of shenlong) is zeus then a member of the strawhats like a nakama or just a "weapon/tool" for nami? i mean he has got a soul. what do u think?

EddyBob15

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
i got the same vibes but i was like wait, never have i ever thought about katakuri joining. that would be the biggest plot twist. but oda is kind of famous for his plot twists. i mean, he would literally punch all the readers and theory makes in the face.

side note: if zeus is really coming with nami (which actually would be hiliarious, side note: dragonball had a cloud too so that would be funny too, since momonosuke kind of reminds me of shenlong) is zeus then a member of the strawhats like a nakama or just a "weapon/tool" for nami? i mean he has got a soul. what do u think?
Well, since he counts as a member of the Big Mom Pirates, I'd say that would also apply to being with the Straw Hats. Gotta say, I didn't expect this. I mean, I knew about Jinbe joining, but I didn't expect one of Big Mom's weather homies to do the same, even if I did make a comment a while back when I learned about Zeus and Prometheus that the Vivre Card would probably enable Nami to get control of them.

In any case, I'm all for Zeus going with the Straw Hats. His powers would definitely give Nami a boost. For the record, though, I'm still backing for Pekoms to join, but I guess we'll have wait until after Wano to find out.

strawhatcrew

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Katakuri. In chapter 874, he has already made himself home by chilling on Sunny. Luffy need to adopt him already, just like he did with Robin. Then we need someone to kidnap Katakuri and see him say "I wanna live. Take out to sea with you".
that doesnt make sense at all lol.. i see pudding have better chance to join in this arc than any other char bcoz she will directly betraying bigmom and have nowhere to go.. but, i dont want see pudding in strawhatcrew -_-

tsundere char aiming for sanji adventuring together is... weird xD

I Am Atomic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
that doesnt make sense at all lol.. i see pudding have better chance to join in this arc than any other char bcoz she will directly betraying bigmom and have nowhere to go.. but, i dont want see pudding in strawhatcrew -_-

tsundere char aiming for sanji adventuring together is... weird xD
It is a joke -_-
I know he can't join, but I love Katakuri
I don't want Pudding to join either xD
Jinbe has already joined so no more nakama this arc, i think

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
In any case, I'm all for Zeus going with the Straw Hats. His powers would definitely give Nami a boost. For the record, though, I'm still backing for Pekoms to join, but I guess we'll have wait until after Wano to find out.
pretty sure if that was to happen, Big Mom would get rid of Zeus. If she gave him life, she should be able to take it back and get her soul back.

I can't see anyone joining this arc, nor do I want anyone to. Apart from Jinbei, that is.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I agree, zeus and the homies made with big mom's soul can at the most work in the short term for the strawhats. Zeus went a tad rogue but even that probably happened because big mom herself is completely out of a control. And perhaps in context, the issue here is that nami offered zeus "food". Zeus has a piece of big mom's souls, in a way perhaps it is not a stretch to suggest zeus, napoleon and prometheus are big mom herself hence why "food" had such a strong effect on him. Without both of those factors (being basically extensions of big mon along with big mom's rampage) odds are they wouldn't be able to oppose her. That said, the possibility of any homie being able to turn on big mom is interesting. It is not uncommon for oda to turn enemy abilities against them and doing such a thing now could deal more damage to big mom than anyone currently with them has the capacity to.

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
In any case, I'm all for Zeus going with the Straw Hats. His powers would definitely give Nami a boost. For the record, though, I'm still backing for Pekoms to join, but I guess we'll have wait until after Wano to find out
I have my doubts, since Zeus is made from mama's soul, they may not function away from her. We know that other homies can stay away since we saw the singing ship, but maybe not Zeus.
I dont think he will make a good Nakama either. Zeus and Prometheus will share some of Mama's personality, Zeus shares her gluttony, maybe he will get fits too...

I can see a grand fleet only beyond this, no permanent members yet.

I Am Atomic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm still backing for Pekoms to join
Pedro led the Nox expedition party who were chased by the government for searching for poneglyphs, thus they became the Nox Pirates. That's a story from about 15 years ago. The Nox Pirates were wounded and had morale issues, so Pekoms lead the others who couldn't continue their journey, leaving just Pedro and Zepo. And then Pekoms and the others arrived in Big Mom's territory. There their lives were saved, and they entered her care. Pedro and Zepo, who continued searching for poneglyphs, eventually set their sights on Big Mom's poneglyph five years later, and by coincidence Pedro and Pekoms came face to face
From this we can see that Pekom's might not have been interested in searching for the poneglyphs since it is a crime in the eyes of WG. He was tired of being hunted by WG because of those issues. In the future, Robin+SH's is going to do the same thing. Why would Pekom's who left Nox Pirates join the SH's for the same reason? Makes no sense.

EddyBob15

Reaction score
Country
United States
Pedro led the Nox expedition party who were chased by the government for searching for poneglyphs, thus they became the Nox Pirates. That's a story from about 15 years ago. The Nox Pirates were wounded and had morale issues, so Pekoms lead the others who couldn't continue their journey, leaving just Pedro and Zepo. And then Pekoms and the others arrived in Big Mom's territory. There their lives were saved, and they entered her care. Pedro and Zepo, who continued searching for poneglyphs, eventually set their sights on Big Mom's poneglyph five years later, and by coincidence Pedro and Pekoms came face to face
From this we can see that Pekom's might not have been interested in searching for the poneglyphs since it is a crime in the eyes of WG. He was tired of being hunted by WG because of those issues. In the future, Robin+SH's is going to do the same thing. Why would Pekom's who left Nox Pirates join the SH's for the same reason? Makes no sense.
Oh, darn it. I was hoping that the secrets of Pekoms' past would be revealed in a flashback. Usually when Oda does that, it's because he doesn't think the info isn't important enough to put in the manga itself!

Still, that summary was a bit vague. Perhaps Oda might elaborate on it. I mean, what kind of morale issues did they have, not to mention his past on Zou as a delinquent.

And as for the question about why Pekoms might join, other members of the crew joined to pursue dreams they had given up before

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I doubt Pekoms will join. there's no need for him to join, and he has so little to offer to the crew. If anyone was to join the crew, they'd have to be very special. If anything, it'll likely be a focus on Luffy getting more allies and a bigger army, from now on.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I doubt Pekoms will join. there's no need for him to join, and he has so little to offer to the crew. If anyone was to join the crew, they'd have to be very special. If anything, it'll likely be a focus on Luffy getting more allies and a bigger army, from now on.
To be fair, pekoms is probably stronger than half the strawhat crew. He must be quite something if he got a 300 mil bounty while being nowhere near a position of power within the big mom pirates. He can probably beat any strawhat whose strength is inferior to sanji's... and even then give sanji some trouble perhaps. I wouldn't expect him to join the main strawhat crew but the crews affiliated to the strawhats are an entirely different matter. There is plenty of room for pekoms to fit in there, specially if pekoms doesn't have a place among the big mom pirates anymore.

EddyBob15

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, he might join the Straw Hats to fulfill the original objective of the Nox Expedition. We don't really know exactly why the Minks were seeking out Poneglyphs in the first place, after all. And before you mention Pedro could do that, may I remind you that he's running on fumes? What's more, even though it was brief, that summary sounds like a tragic past that could fit the SH criteria. And I'm pretty sure that Oda will elaborate on it. I mean, when has he not introduced a flashback character and not delved into them? The way I'm guessing, the whole story was probably too long to fit in a flashback, so he mentioned a few details in the SBS so the coming flashback won't be so long.

BigBadDogg

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I have a question. Why is it important for another member to join the crew??? To me none of the new characters would really fit with the crew as they are not as interesting.

The 10 members (The crew + Sunny) that we have already takes a lot to draw, especially fight scenes. Remember Oda now has to split up the crew to be able to draw and continue the story at a reasonable pace. Imagine having the whole crew at WCI. Adding more crew members is going to slow down the story even more.

I agree with M3J that the others that join are going to be part of the SH Grand Fleet, nothing more.

Jimbei is the last person to join because he already promised before, but even he might only be part of the Fleet.

I doubt Pekoms is that strong. I believe the bounty is because he is part of Big Mom's crew. The whole crew would be able to put up a fight against him, depending on location for some.

EddyBob15

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a question. Why is it important for another member to join the crew??? To me none of the new characters would really fit with the crew as they are not as interesting.

The 10 members (The crew + Sunny) that we have already takes a lot to draw, especially fight scenes. Remember Oda now has to split up the crew to be able to draw and continue the story at a reasonable pace. Imagine having the whole crew at WCI. Adding more crew members is going to slow down the story even more.

I agree with M3J that the others that join are going to be part of the SH Grand Fleet, nothing more.

Jimbei is the last person to join because he already promised before, but even he might only be part of the Fleet.

I doubt Pekoms is that strong. I believe the bounty is because he is part of Big Mom's crew. The whole crew would be able to put up a fight against him, depending on location for some.
Oda himself said that new crewmembers would be joining in rapid succession, and I doubt he was referring to the Grand Fleet.

I Am Atomic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oda himself said that new crewmembers would be joining in rapid succession, and I doubt he was referring to the Grand Fleet.
1. Jinbe joined

2. Carrot will join. This has been foreshadowed a bit.

I will explain the theory. In Punk Hazard, Smiley died. It is shown that after it's death, the nearest fruit became the devil fruit. After Smiley's death it became Shinokuni and 'medusa' everything on the island, including fruits. We also know that Monet died (except for the die hard fans - Monet for next nakama). We know from Dressrosa that after a DF user dies, the soul of the fruit leaves the body and enters a fruit. Monet died, her DF soul went to the nearest fruit near Punk Hazard. And guess what? On thousand Sunny there are fruits on the deck all time. Huh.... what? Nope, I am not talking about those 4 melons. I am talking about Nami's tangerines. Yep, a DF on Sunny and no one has noticed it yet.

So, Carrot will eat it and become the first SH logia user.

Why not other SH members eat that?
  • No to Luffy, Robin, Brook and Chopper
  • No to Zoro, Sanji and Franky - they are strong in their own rights. Franky even said that he will not eat the Mera Merano mi. Sanji will only eat the clear clear fruit.
  • Usopp and Nami. They have their own unique fighting styles which Oda will not deviate from
Yeah, so carrot for new nakama.

Reyes

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dude it's just suspose to be Usagi waves.

I Am Atomic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dude it's just suspose to be Usagi waves.
Ok. And? Did you not see the full pic? Monet used a attack named 'Yuki rabbit'. Would be nice if you can elaborate next time.

EddyBob15

Reaction score
Country
United States
1. Jinbe joined

2. Carrot will join. This has been foreshadowed a bit.

I will explain the theory. In Punk Hazard, Smiley died. It is shown that after it's death, the nearest fruit became the devil fruit. After Smiley's death it became Shinokuni and 'medusa' everything on the island, including fruits. We also know that Monet died (except for the die hard fans - Monet for next nakama). We know from Dressrosa that after a DF user dies, the soul of the fruit leaves the body and enters a fruit. Monet died, her DF soul went to the nearest fruit near Punk Hazard. And guess what? On thousand Sunny there are fruits on the deck all time. Huh.... what? Nope, I am not talking about those 4 melons. I am talking about Nami's tangerines. Yep, a DF on Sunny and no one has noticed it yet.

So, Carrot will eat it and become the first SH logia user.

Why not other SH members eat that?
  • No to Luffy, Robin, Brook and Chopper
  • No to Zoro, Sanji and Franky - they are strong in their own rights. Franky even said that he will not eat the Mera Merano mi. Sanji will only eat the clear clear fruit.
  • Usopp and Nami. They have their own unique fighting styles which Oda will not deviate from
Yeah, so carrot for new nakama.
Uh, Carrot hasn't shown any sign of a tragic past or a dream beyond wanting to see the sea.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
To be fair, pekoms is probably stronger than half the strawhat crew. He must be quite something if he got a 300 mil bounty while being nowhere near a position of power within the big mom pirates. He can probably beat any strawhat whose strength is inferior to sanji's... and even then give sanji some trouble perhaps. I wouldn't expect him to join the main strawhat crew but the crews affiliated to the strawhats are an entirely different matter. There is plenty of room for pekoms to fit in there, specially if pekoms doesn't have a place among the big mom pirates anymore.
I'm not talking about strength, but the role, chemistry, and dynamics the potential recruits have to offer to the crew. Pekoms seems to be a serious guy, but we have that in Robin, hopefully in Jinbei, and sometimes in Nami. Plus, while his eyes make him look cute or non-threatening, we have Chopper to fill that role as well.

And to be fair, he could be stronger than Nami, Usopp, and Chopper but still manage to lose to any one of them.

Well, he might join the Straw Hats to fulfill the original objective of the Nox Expedition. We don't really know exactly why the Minks were seeking out Poneglyphs in the first place, after all. And before you mention Pedro could do that, may I remind you that he's running on fumes? What's more, even though it was brief, that summary sounds like a tragic past that could fit the SH criteria. And I'm pretty sure that Oda will elaborate on it. I mean, when has he not introduced a flashback character and not delved into them? The way I'm guessing, the whole story was probably too long to fit in a flashback, so he mentioned a few details in the SBS so the coming flashback won't be so long.
If anything, it'd likely be temporary, like with Vivi. And I doubt tragic past is required to join the crew, more like their reason for joining Luffy and sailing is required, given Luffy will become one of the most notorious pirates since Roger.

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Uh, Carrot hasn't shown any sign of a tragic past or a dream beyond wanting to see the sea.
tragic past is something very easy to add into the storyline at any stage... sanji has two of them.... zoro has none, i dont think his childhood friend falling down the stairs counts much as tragic... we can see a tragic past of Carrot easily added at some stage in the storyline.... not that I think she's gonna be nakama though..

Pekoms would rather join back Pedro and gang and go on a hunt for poneglyphs and travel the world.... they'll make an interesting ally towards the end.