Info/Discussion - Winners of the Fairy Tail Awards | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info/Discussion Winners of the Fairy Tail Awards

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Best ArcTartaros Arc

Best ChapterChapter 65

Best CoupleGajeel x Levy

Best DesignMystogan

Best ED (Anime)Glitter (Ending 11) by Another Infinity

Best Fanservice MomentMirajane vs Jenny

Best Female CharacterUltear Milkovich

Best FightTeam Natsu & Laxus vs Hades

Best GuildCrime Sorciere

Best Magic SpellAge Seal

Best Male CharacterJellal Fernandes

Best Omake/OVAFairies' Christmas

Best OP(Anime)Strike Back (OP 16) by BACK-ON

Best Quote

Best TransformationDiMaria Yesta (God Soul: Chronos)

Best VillainHades

Best Volume CoverVolume 58

Most Emotional MomentUltear's sacrifice with Last Ages

Most Surprising MomentIrene Being the Creator of Dragon Slayer Magic

Most Underrated CharacterMirajane Strauss

Worst She's Erza MomentNo Senses vs Kyouka

CategoryWinnerRunner-up
Best ArcTartaros Arc (22)Tenrou Island Arc (18)
Best ChapterChapter 65 (18)Chapter 384 (17)
Best Couple Gajeel x Levy (28)Jellal x Erza (12)
Best DesignMystogan (24)Irene Belserion (23)
Best EDGlitter (ED 11) by Another Infinity (16)Be as One (ED 6) by w-inds (13)
Best Fanservice MomentMirajane vs Jenny (22)Battle of Naked (14)
Best Female CharacterUltear Milkovich (31)Erza Scarlet (30)
Best FightTeam Natsu & Laxus vs Hades (30)Gray & Natsu vs Mard Geer (14)
Best GuildCrime Sorciere (21)Fairy Tail (20)
Best Magic SpellAge Seal (24)Sema (20)
Best Male CharacterJellal Fernandes (25)Laxus Dreyar (23)
Best Omake/OVAFairies' Christmas (20)Fairy Tail of the Dead Meeeeeeeeen!! (8)
Best OpeningStrike Back (OP 16) by BACK-ON (18)Masayume Chasing (OP 15) by BoA (16)
Best QuoteFear is not evil… By Gildarts (20)And that light is your justice?... By August (19)
Best TransformationDiMaria Yesta (God Soul: Chronos) (25)Zeref Dragneel (Fairy Heart) (19)
Best VillainHades (30)Ultear Milkovich (18)
Best Volume Cover Volume 58 (18)Volume 29 (13)
Most Emotional MomentUltear's sacrifice with Last Ages (26)Igneel's Death (18)
Most Surprising MomentIrene being the creator of DSM (25)Acnologia oneshotting God Serena (14)
Most Underrated CharacterMirajane Strauss (29)Kagura Mikazuchi (13)
Worst She's Erza MomentNo Senses vs Kyouka (21)Broken Bones vs Irene (20)

Last edited:

Anti Hero 3:16

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If memory serves me right I think for the 3rd time in a row jellal is winning the best Character role, congrats to him for this hattrick.:super

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
My poor Zeref meme died :(

But that aside, some quality results for this years awards. Really gave me some nostalgia looking through this event and its winners.

Luca Blight

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
I like the results of 11 of these categories :super

The worst imo is Mirajane winning the most underrated character award. She's the most overrated if anything, be it in power or overall quality. Some actually think she can take on enchanted Neinhart with 9 Historia Corpses.. wow. Others seem to confuse underrated with poorly treated/wasted potential.

Age Seal is the most borken spell in the series. It literally killed potentially awesome fights against Kagura/Brandish who sadly weren't plot-protected to bypass it. Without Age Seal, Dimaria could have demonstrated some swordsmanship and lived up to her title "Valkirie"

Irene being the Queen of Dragons is a terrible moment and a massive asspull. "The Queen of Fairies is the daughter of the Queen of Dragons. So much queenism bro!"

And I can't believe Erza came so close to beating Ultear. Sounds like people are mixing up "best" with "favorite" I'm guessing most FT/Erza haters didn't take part in this.

sardinestunasalmon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I like the results of 11 of these categories :super

The worst imo is Mirajane winning the most underrated character award. She's the most overrated if anything, be it in power or overall quality. Some actually think she can take on enchanted Neinhart with 9 Historia Corpses.. wow. Others seem to confuse underrated with poorly treated/wasted potential.

Age Seal is the most borken spell in the series. It literally killed potentially awesome fights against Kagura/Brandish who sadly weren't plot-protected to bypass it. Without Age Seal, Dimaria could have demonstrated some swordsmanship and lived up to her title "Valkirie"

And I can't believe Erza came so close to beating Ultear. Sounds like people are mixing up "best" with "favorite" I'm guessing most FT/Erza haters didn't take part in this.
Tbf, Mira also gets underrated just as much as she gets overrated. That's why it was pretty hard for me to chose between her and Lucy. Both gets underrated and overrated too much. I also agree that Mira is more about being "mistreated". But her getting the most underrated character is well deserved. For some one who's also supposed to be a mighty S-Class she indeed gets underrated quite often.

Agree. Age Seal was too broken. There should have been some conditions at least in activating it. Tbh, END bypassing Age Seal for me is just another Plotsu moment. If it was never shown END bypassing Age Seal, then stuffs like August/Irene not being affected by Age Seal would not exist. Because tbh, it doesn't matter how strong you are, you should still be affected by time manipulation. But yeah, for a very op magic, I'm fine with it winning the best spell.

In defense for Erza, take away her "She's Erza moments" and she's actually a decent character. Her dedication to her loved ones + her painful childhood + her struggles with her love interest + her strong character/personality + cute/dorky moments every once in a while actually makes up for a likable character. People used to complain about Damsel in distress characters in Shounen, and Erza is one of the few lead female characters who are actually strong, even stronger than the MC at the beginning. (Yup I voted for Erza :p)

khouji

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I really love the episode where Ezra's mother, Eileen is the former Queen of Dragon Slayers

Last edited:

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm actually very pleased with the winners. Admittedly, every single one of them were deserving of the awards even if I voted differently in some of the categories. With this being the last Fairy Tail event, I had a lot of fun so thanks to everyone who participated whether you voted or commented. Not going to lie, but some of you guys really had me persuaded and your posts definitely changed my outlook on certain parts of the series.

Last but not least, I would like to thank all the staff members and fellow moderators who helped in setting up this event. It was great while it lasted!

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

This there are many other characters that deserve that reward much more quick example Warren that magic was useful in many situations and helped the guild but since he's not in a favourite list of anyone or what he's doing isn't related to combat he isn't taken into consideration..

Meanwhile, we have Mira that people that get title of underrated mainly because some people think that she isn't on Erza level ( which honestly is most accurate considering feats ) while on other side saying that Mira is on Erza level isn't overrating at all :awe

Well whatever not that any of this shit matters anymore :blush

Thanks for all staff members ( Except @Brandish << Your really didn't do anything :whistle ) for making that awards :bobriki

Side Note: Pleasant surprise that FT didn't get the best guild award CS deserve that title much more imo :zomg

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
AGREED. Thank you sir, that is well said.

Tbf, Mira also gets underrated just as much as she gets overrated. That's why it was pretty hard for me to chose between her and Lucy. Both gets underrated and overrated too much. I also agree that Mira is more about being "mistreated". But her getting the most underrated character is well deserved. For some one who's also supposed to be a mighty S-Class she indeed gets underrated quite often.
Well, that S-class thing doesn't mean anything anymore since Tenrou. Pre timeskip characters are now way beyond what was expected from an S-class level. What's in favor of Mirajane is the fact that she's been portrayed as Erza's equal for a while, which people still want to be true despite the absurd difference of feats. But S-class? That doesn't matter in the slightest.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Wow, good year for Crime Sorciere. Best male, best female and best guild. :awe

Mira getting most underrated though... I would have prefered Jacob winning, Transport is an instant "I win" button.

Big thanks to the mods, the awards were (as always) awesome.

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Irene being the Queen of Dragons is a terrible moment and a massive asspull. "The Queen of Fairies is the daughter of the Queen of Dragons. So much queenism bro!"
Totally agree with you. Also I don't see how it was chosen as the "most surprising moment". There are many other scenes much more worthy of that title, like Mystogan having Jellal's face...I remember back in the days how big a question mark that raised, and how hyped I was to find the truth behind it ^^

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Thanks for the hosts who made the Fairy tail Awards possible!:kissbunny

I started reading fairy Tail around 2010, at the time, @Farfalla was the portugueses translator and Midoban (I guess the older members know him either) also was involved, many memories come on sight, Jump is losing good mangas lately, but I'm sure promising authors will come with great masterpieces. I was so excited when the first episode of the anime came out, poor me, I'd like more if the anime had more blood. Fairy Tail was a great manga, although the last arcs had been somewhat boring in some aspects, I guess it's because people who started reading back then are all grown -ups now. Time to re-read!

Irene being the mother of Dragon slayers was the most surprising part, though (and also the fact Acnologia was a dragon-slayer that became a Dragon). The most tense moment was on Tenrou Island arc, I mean, the main members of FT disappeared and then, we had to wait like two weeks to confirm they were alive. I really though Romeo would become a "new Natsu" back then.:oh The Grand Magic games were mysterious in this aspect too, we had two people who came from different futures, but not the most surprising at all. Acnologia definitely the best Dragon (after Igneel), I just hoped his backstory was more elaborated.

Erza was a great female character, but talking about achievements, I think Urtear was the one that grew most during the manga. Mirajane had everything to be more explored and developed as a character, she is strong, but I'm not sure if she was really underrated.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I thought the awards went to reasonable choices, all things considered.

I'm happy with chapter 65 just getting across the line for Best Chapter.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would have to agree with the members above this post.

The Awards Ceremony ended quite well, with relatively decent results. Some of which, I would have never picked myself, but it was backed by a strong general consensus. I extremely enjoyed the duration of the Awards while it lasted - courtesy of the moderators' efforts.

The style of this year's Awards was quite different from years past. A lot more work was put into it and the design was more complex. From the pictures to the overall framework, the event was no doubt a complete success.

I commend all the moderators for their stressful work, which really paid off in the end (at least in my opinion).

Out of all the current results, I really liked the victory of "No Senses vs. Kyouka" for the "Worst She's Erza Moment" Category.

As a long-time supporter for Kyouka, I was really disappointed when that happened in the manga. She was one of my favorite demons from Tartaros.

Other than that, I was also rather disappointed at "GrayMi" and "Anna x Ichiya" not making it far in the "Best Couple" Category.

So for that, I give the FT Awards Ceremony 2017 a rating of:

+ 99 / 100

In all seriousness, this year's Fairy Tail Awards definitely deserves a perfect score of +100 / 100, which is what I've just changed my score to. It's an A+ in my book. Congratulations to all winners.

Last edited:

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
This competition is based on little numbers of fans but 70% of it are true.

I will leave my opinion regarding some points.

-Most underrated character.

Erza and Mira were pretty even or portrayed equal until Tartarous arc, Erza surpassed Mira by a tonne when she beat Kyoka while Mira was struggling against flying books. The worst fight in Tartarous was Mira's, She got completely shitted on when it comes to power levels. In Alverz arc MIra showed some awesome feats against the living swords but the problem is she got really exhausted from using her new powers against weaklings which imo very bad, Her attack damage is OP but her MP is shit so it won't help her that much in power ranking compared to Erza who got OP mp and OP damage plus being a tank.

So is Mira underrated? No she ain't, Mashima just reduced her character by over using the moments between the staruss family. She is slowly progressing in power ranking ladder.

-Best arc
Yeah this arc have many fans and Mashima even said that it was his favorite arc if i recall correctly. Imo, This arc is the worst piece of shit i have ever seen in FT.

-Best M/F character
It was good to see them wining, They can win in small communities.

-Best Couple
Gajevy have the best progression but i don't think they are the best couple there.