Discussion - Manhwa that deserves its own anime | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Manhwa that deserves its own anime

Petrit Zeneli

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Totally agree on Tower of God.

We got some Noblesse animation and I thought that came out pretty well. So more of that for sure.

Not sure about Breaker anymore. I'd love a good Breaker animation but knowing that series I can't shake the feeling that is the exact kind of series an animation studio would mess up. So I'm not sure I even want to see them try with that one.

---------------

My biggest wish right now though would be for an animated version of Legendary Moonlight Sculptor.

The webtoon adaptation of the webnovel has turned out so well. It gave everything the perfect visual style and I think it's one that would be amazing as an animated series.
Ufotable is the only animation studio that I would trust to do the animation for Breaker, and they would do a great animation for Breaker New Waves and I'd trust them...why? The animation they did with Fate Stay/Night Unlimited Bladeworks was off the chain...I could watch that and never get bored.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ufotable is the only animation studio that I would trust to do the animation for Breaker, and they would do a great animation for Breaker New Waves and I'd trust them...why? The animation they did with Fate Stay/Night Unlimited Bladeworks was off the chain...I could watch that and never get bored.
They did a good job with that. I'm just not sure how well they could match the art style of Breaker. And they also tend to lean a bit on CG. Not sure how much of that they'd be able to get away with.

If I had to pick anybody to try it. I'd probably go with Madhouse but I'd be a little worried.

---------------

With Legendary Moonlight Sculptor I'd be hoping for Studio Mir. Whose style is a nice hybrid of western animation and Anime. Perfect for something like LMS.

Carnality

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Hardcore Leveling Warrior, really love this series and wish a Edited Manga group would pick it up again. It's one of the best underrated series, with a protagonist like Deadpool, and a rich world with potential similar to Moonlight Sculptor.

The other series that would work incredibly, even by an American studio, is Gosu. Gosu feels like it's drawn with the intent to eventually be an anime.

Clockworkerr0r

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I would really love to see Appetite or Unknown Code as an anime. They're not super popular, but they honestly should be. They've both got all of the classic elements to make really awesome action and drama animes. The art for Appetite would also be really awesome to see animated. It's an unusual style and would probably get a lot of attention. If anyone is curious, I read them both on Lezhin. Appetite is a really cool take on a vampire story, and Unknown Code is about a dystopian Earth that's been invaded by mysterious codes that are trying to eliminate humans.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
My new pick for this, outside of Tower of God, is 4 Cut Hero. I just think the art style would be perfect for an animated series. Lots of offbeat comedy too.

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well, there's a list of manhwa that deserve anime, although I'd be worried about the studios that would make the animation. But here's a list:

1. Noblesse (there are two OVAs already)
2.Tower of God
3. The Gamer

Petrit Zeneli

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How about Solo Leveling?

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Hardcore Leveling Warrior!

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Agreed about both Hardcore Leveling Warrior and Solo Leveling.

Also need to bring up Veritas again for emphasis. Just because an anime is probably the only way we'd ever get that great series to be continued.