Discussion - Art Contest Discussion Thread | Page 119 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Art Contest Discussion Thread

I Am Atomic

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the next contest Pets colouring, what program does people normally use? Is it paint? I have never coloured before using pc. Thx.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
I think the most common one will still be Photoshop, Barrier^^ One you could try and that I liked a lot (it's waaay easier to get nice effects and results with its brushes than on Photoshop) is Clip Studio Paint. I SUPER love this tool and was able to use it well after a single tutorial and with my mouse only, it's super easy.
Those are paid tools, tho. For a simplier but free tool you got Gimp and for a free and online one you got Pixlr (that has pretty much the same layout as Photoshop). In all of them you can get the job done without a tablet. Dunno if I said only things people alrdy know, but yeah xD hope it helps.

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
England
Wow! Not sure I deserve it but thanks just the same. And a great big thanks to all those who participated.

Especially, @Purity of Magi whose submission is way better than mine and probably would have sole possession of the award if I had only... remembered to vote.:fail
This.... is... unforgivable....... This is a disgrace Jammin-kun... A DISGRACE. UNFORGIVABLE!!!! You will.. pay for this!!!!
..... But.. I just can't do it......​

I would lie if I say that I did vote... I would if I say that I didn't forget about the contest... I would lie if I say that I hated you story or everyones entry.. I would lie if I say that I hate you for praising me ... I know that I'm not the most serious member here... I know that everyone is an impure creation compared to me... I know that I'm quite a great being that everyone praise. But you know..........​

Even all the trhuu words I just said.. you guys most know.. that.. even though I barely/rarely say it... you guys .... are doing a splendid job.
YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING! GIVE IT YOUR ALL!!! MAGI SHALL WATCH YOU GUYS FOREVER FROM MY GODLIKE THRONE.​

(#AltairAwesomeness #BestGirl #FuckingEpic #PraiseTheAltair!!!!

Gratz @Jammin I found your story hilarious. I totally see myself making something like that as well. xD
Gratz @Lady pompom for second place and the rest for their nice entires. LET THE MANWHA LOVE REACH THE WORLD)

Last edited:

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I don't even know where to start colouring this thing :D

I Am Atomic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't even know where to start colouring this thing :D
I was like you at the beginning. I found a mobile app called "Recolour" (I don't get sponsored for this xD), it gave the start i needed. If you need access to more shades then you will need to get a membership. After getting the initial touches, I used 3D Paint on Microsoft to get it done.

I won't call my end result wonderful but it gets the job done.

User @Kappa123 colouring looks wonderful. He might have a better advice.

Kappa123

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
I was like you at the beginning. I found a mobile app called "Recolour" (I don't get sponsored for this xD), it gave the start i needed. If you need access to more shades then you will need to get a membership. After getting the initial touches, I used 3D Paint on Microsoft to get it done.

I won't call my end result wonderful but it gets the job done.

User @Kappa123 colouring looks wonderful. He might have a better advice.
Charing money for more shades sounds like a scam to me.
Krita is the best free option in my opinion.
Other than software, I don't think there is any real advice I can give. My entry is pretty much flat colors.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Thxs everyone ♥ didn't expect to be 2nd and congrats to @DiMaria Yesta
and all the contestants.

@Farfalla Im so sorry as actually i did the pet coloring (on exactly september 19 :p) but i had some issues with my computer and also couldn't achieve what i wanted, honestly im not at all an artist, i m just playing around because it's fun, also i want to support the amazing intiatives as much as i can. You're all doing great stuff please keep it on !!

here what i did, I didn' expected there would de pnly 2 submissions, maybe should have submitted as it was.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada