Discussion - SERIES ALL TIME BATTLE RATING (ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!) | Page 14 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion SERIES ALL TIME BATTLE RATING (ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!)

Do you want a shipping rate?

• Yes

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Come on, Ultear and Meldy interfering was straight up hilarious xD. The worst part, imho, is Jellal actually trying to win. I can't remember the exact reason, but wasn't it for Fairy Tail? :teehee I rated it fairly highly for comedic value and choreography. It was devoid of asspulls too, and one of the few fights where they use spells rather than punches for the whole time (despite this being Jura's strength). This fight was also great for forum power levels anarchy, not that I scored this, just provided some entertainment back in the day.

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was referring back in GMG arc
Oh lol. Lucy didn't do a lot in that arc but she was still a step above damsel in distress.

Oh damn, two awesome fights going out back to back, what a shame.
I mean i'm not going to criticize people's opinion on these fights, to each his own really, but there's one thing bugging me. It's to see such low scores on overall good fights...
Giving a 1 or 1.5 to fights like Natsu vs Zeref i can understand, but Yukino vs Kagura, or Jura vs Jellal... I just don't, that feels extreme to me. I mean if you dislike most fights to such an extent i'm wondering why you'd keep on following the series.
I don't see how disliking the Jellal vs Jura or Kagura vs Yukino equates to disliking the series? Just bcs you don't like two fights, which aren't even essential to anything in the series, doesn't warrant dropping the series. You like the fights good on you but just bcs others don't care for a oneshot or an anti climatic fight shouldn't dissuade them from still reading or watching a series. Like I said before these fights don't have any affect on the core of the series whatsoever and they didn't hold any weight to them. Disliking two fights doesn't warrant a drop of a series or practically everyone here would have dropped the series at one point or another for boring a fight here and there.

Takuan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't see how disliking the Jellal vs Jura or Kagura vs Yukino equates to disliking the series? Just bcs you don't like two fights, which aren't even essential to anything in the series, doesn't warrant dropping the series. You like the fights good on you but just bcs others don't care for a oneshot or an anti climatic fight shouldn't dissuade them from still reading or watching a series. Like I said before these fights don't have any affect on the core of the series whatsoever and they didn't hold any weight to them. Disliking two fights doesn't warrant a drop of a series or practically everyone here would have dropped the series at one point or another for boring a fight here and there.
I agree with you but that's not what i meant. It's fine to dislike a fight or think it is boring, i can see why you'd think so for these fights. But a 1, or 1.5, in my book is REALLY PATHETIC. And if you think these two fights were really pathetic, i can't even imagine what you'd think for more atrocious fights.
Basically, i think your score was extreme. But eh, i guess we just have different ways of ranking stuff.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
@Emperor Spriggan such a shame though isn't it?I personally think GMG Jellal would have the easiest possible victory(still pretty difficult though i believe GMG Jellal was the strongest fighter in GMG) against Jura that time.But sadly it didn't happen.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree with you but that's not what i meant. It's fine to dislike a fight or think it is boring, i can see why you'd think so for these fights. But a 1, or 1.5, in my book is REALLY PATHETIC. And if you think these two fights were really pathetic, i can't even imagine what you'd think for more atrocious fights.
Basically, i think your score was extreme. But eh, i guess we just have different ways of ranking stuff.
I get what you mean but to me Yukino vs Kagura was boring as hell to me. It served as nothing but a oneshot stomp fest. I dont see how that deserves anything but a 1. It didn't fufill anything, and was just bypass fight in order to get to the real fights. It was one of the most forgettable fights in the series.

Jellal v Jura just didn't appeal to @Tirl. I can see why. Jura was just throwing around a bunch of rocks while Jellal was just zipping around, and then the end was anticlimatic.

Differ in opinions. He or I might like one fight you hate, you might like one he or I hate. The scaling isn't going to be the same all around. Maybe those fights were just as bad as the atrocious fights you are referring to.

Edit: Edited this up a bit.

Last edited:

Linali

Reaction score
Country
Poland
My clash of the titans :crying This fight was short, but intense and imo simply epic, much better than Jura vs Brain, and it had potential to be even more epic. And it's the first and only time I regretted, Ultear was ever introduced into the story. I find nothing funny in the scene with chilli peppers or tickles, just another opportunity to humilitate Jellal and not show his full potential. And he has huge potential, he copied Mystogan's magic probably without knowing or ever meeting the guy. Very sad for me, as I find Jellal the only Wizard Saint, who showed he deserves the title, the rest had only huge amount of MP and hype, nothing special compared to Jellal's arsenal.
I wish the battle continued until the end, I want to know, who'd have won. My bets are on draw because of time limit.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Side note:
Always Remember....

Mira's alter ego from GMG was Jenny Realight

Natsu - Sting
Gajeel - Rogue
Erza - Kagura, Minerva
Lucy - Yukino, Hisui, (Flare?)
Ultear - kamika
Meredy - Cosmo
Gray - Lyon
Cana - Bacchus
Laxus - Orga
Freed - Rufus
Mira - Jenny
Wendy - Chelia
Ivan - Jeimna

Clearly who got the worst end of the copy bargain.

"My apologies, but I'm not going to hold back here."

"Neither am I."

"There's no need to worry, First. That man was once a Wizard Saint himself.In other words, you can say their talents are equal."

Vs

Jura Neekis vs Mystogan Jellal Fernandez

Highest score: 9.75 x 1(@MLG Bradman)
Lowest score: 1.5 x 1(@Tirl)
My score: 8

This fight's ranking..honestly doesn't surprise me. Even as an avid Jellal fan, this is honestly one of his weaker fights to me. The exchange between him and Jura was pretty cool as shortlived as it was, but,as everyone knows, the ending of this fight is somewhat of a meme in the fandom :facepalm Completely unneeded, not to mention the complete shafting of Jellal and Crime Sorciere afterwards in the tourney (Ugh this left a bad taste in my mouth). Jellal copied Mystogan's magic, which was well and good, but why has this never resurfaced in the series ever again? One time plot device much?:-_- Jura was pretty good though, probably the best part of this fight in all honesty.

Best Magic
True Heavenly Body Magic: Sema

:hip
The first time we saw this spell in action (Well, a teaser :XD), and man, this was seriously hype. What really blew me away was how the entire stadium was suddenly dingy, and everyone, literally EVERYONE, began freaking the fuck out over what was about to happen. Definitely the best spell charge in the entire Grand Magic Games.
Sema is an attack in which Jellal bows down and points his hands downwards, with all the fingers closed except the index and middle fingers. He then begins to slowly move his right hand until it points upwards, causing the clouds above Jellal to begin circling, creating what appears to be a cyclone. From the center of the swirling formation, a glowing orb begins to form, growing in size until a humongous meteor emerges, falling quickly to earth towards the intended target. When the meteor hits, the force is strong enough to create a large explosion, which engulfs a wide area and releases a strong hurricane of air, also leaving a large crater in its wake.

Rock Mountain

An extremely powerful defensive technique which Jura performs by joining his palms together. Such gesture prompts a large rock formation to emerge from the ground behind him, this taking the shape of a human clad in an Eastern-looking armor, complete with an helmet and with stone protrusions jutting out, with a frowning look and bright lights visible in the holes acting as its eyes. The strength of such formation is shown to repel enemy attacks, being strong enough to completely negate the effects of Grand Chariot,with the clash between the two moves sending a gale all over the surrounding area.
This, along wiht Rumbling Mount Fuji, are definitely Jura's best spells. It really does remind me of Onoki's Earth Golem in Naruto
(@lakhan220 :3c), being an all round aesthetically looking spell.

Worst Spell

:8C

Why are they unnamed :notlikethis Ffs Mashima:nah

Best Moment
Jellal ditches Mystogan's magic and decides to go with his own

Probably when the battle started getting exciting, there really was no fun in seeing Jellal using Mystogan's magic, his magic is honestly more captivating to me.

Jura realizing that Mystogan is really Jellal

Jura had some really fantastic moments in the Grand Magic Games (Honestly this is where he peaked as a powerhouse for me). From realizing Obra had negated Lucy's magic and Raven Tail had outside help, this was another of his shining moments. Makarov and Mavis were already aware about Jellal being Mystogan, but the fact that Jura found out is really impressive to me since iirc he joined the Wizard Saints after Jellal defected? They weren't exactly particularly close, yet he was able to recognize Jellal after he used one spell.

Worst Moment

Ultear interfering with this fight (Why :fail)

:SOON
Why did this happen? No, seriously, was this supposed to happen? Ultear's logic here didn't even make sense, no one else but the two of them have seen Sema in action, so how in the world would people at the GMG recognize who Jellal was:residentsleeper This was just a ham fisted way of making it look like Fairy Tail had lost all their matches on the first day just for the the thrill of the comeback, but honestly, this was executed pretty poorly. The comedy here was just HORRIBLY misplaced :shootme Not to mention that's legit the only thing Meredy did in the GMG, just....disappointing all through :bnah

Overview
Victor:Ultear Milkovich; Crime Sorciere, Jura Neekis;Lamia Scale
Loser:Jellal Fernandez; Crime Sorciere

Excellent post and great gifs

Every battle Mavis said they were going to win.... Jellal vs Jura; Lucy vs Flare, etc they lost, but battles she didn't know about... Laxus vs Jura, Kagura vs Erza vs Minerva, Gajeel vs Rogue..... Fairy tail won...

Jura vs Jellal started so amazing. There was so much hype and the actual spells used, I preferred it to the punching match of Laxus vs Jura later. Jellal was using both Mystogan's spells (not seen since FF arc) and his own spells (not seen since ToH) and Jura was his magic (and he hadn't fought since OS arc).

The only bad part for me was really that Fairy tail was cheating using Jellal as all the participants were suppose to be guild members. The least they could do was give Erza the guild labeler and tell her to stamp his ass.

And at the time I thought Jellal losing was funny but now looking back, it was just to keep Jura's hype intact.

I always like Jura since OS. I loved Jura vs Brain. And he was an interesting character to me, especially when he turned out not to be a stickler for rules back in OS and wanted to free his friend Hoteye along with fairy tail. Plus he was even mentioned on Galuna. Jura vs Brain was awesome and GMG was Jura's peak.

I also like Jura's hair jokes. Funny stuff.

Sad to see this fight go so soon.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Jura was already a member of Wizard Saint as far back as Oracion Seis arc. So Jellal and Jura were both Wizard Saints at the same time at one point.

As for the fight, I actually enjoyed the fight and didn't really took Ultear's intervention into consideration. Another 7.5 for me. Althougj quite short, I really enjoyed short fights between powerhouses where they just throw spells at one another as what you would expect from a mage battle. But I understand if majority would rate it low because of the ending.
Not just his Wizard saint status. Jura was first mentioned on Galuna in chapter 32. He was hyped since then to be a powerful wizard. That's before Gajeel and Juvia and Master Jose was introduced in PL arc.

Last edited:

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
"My apologies, but I'm not going to hold back here."

"Neither am I."

"There's no need to worry, First. That man was once a Wizard Saint himself.In other words, you can say their talents are equal."

Vs

Jura Neekis vs Mystogan Jellal Fernandez

Highest score: 9.75 x 1(@MLG Bradman)
Lowest score: 1.5 x 1(@Tirl)
My score: 8

This fight's ranking..honestly doesn't surprise me. Even as an avid Jellal fan, this is honestly one of his weaker fights to me. The exchange between him and Jura was pretty cool as shortlived as it was, but,as everyone knows, the ending of this fight is somewhat of a meme in the fandom :facepalm Completely unneeded, not to mention the complete shafting of Jellal and Crime Sorciere afterwards in the tourney (Ugh this left a bad taste in my mouth). Jellal copied Mystogan's magic, which was well and good, but why has this never resurfaced in the series ever again? One time plot device much?:-_- Jura was pretty good though, probably the best part of this fight in all honesty.

Best Magic
True Heavenly Body Magic: Sema

:hip
The first time we saw this spell in action (Well, a teaser :XD), and man, this was seriously hype. What really blew me away was how the entire stadium was suddenly dingy, and everyone, literally EVERYONE, began freaking the fuck out over what was about to happen. Definitely the best spell charge in the entire Grand Magic Games.
Sema is an attack in which Jellal bows down and points his hands downwards, with all the fingers closed except the index and middle fingers. He then begins to slowly move his right hand until it points upwards, causing the clouds above Jellal to begin circling, creating what appears to be a cyclone. From the center of the swirling formation, a glowing orb begins to form, growing in size until a humongous meteor emerges, falling quickly to earth towards the intended target. When the meteor hits, the force is strong enough to create a large explosion, which engulfs a wide area and releases a strong hurricane of air, also leaving a large crater in its wake.

Rock Mountain

An extremely powerful defensive technique which Jura performs by joining his palms together. Such gesture prompts a large rock formation to emerge from the ground behind him, this taking the shape of a human clad in an Eastern-looking armor, complete with an helmet and with stone protrusions jutting out, with a frowning look and bright lights visible in the holes acting as its eyes. The strength of such formation is shown to repel enemy attacks, being strong enough to completely negate the effects of Grand Chariot,with the clash between the two moves sending a gale all over the surrounding area.
This, along wiht Rumbling Mount Fuji, are definitely Jura's best spells. It really does remind me of Onoki's Earth Golem in Naruto
(@lakhan220 :3c), being an all round aesthetically looking spell.

Worst Spell

:8C

Why are they unnamed :notlikethis Ffs Mashima:nah

Best Moment
Jellal ditches Mystogan's magic and decides to go with his own

Probably when the battle started getting exciting, there really was no fun in seeing Jellal using Mystogan's magic, his magic is honestly more captivating to me.

Jura realizing that Mystogan is really Jellal

Jura had some really fantastic moments in the Grand Magic Games (Honestly this is where he peaked as a powerhouse for me). From realizing Obra had negated Lucy's magic and Raven Tail had outside help, this was another of his shining moments. Makarov and Mavis were already aware about Jellal being Mystogan, but the fact that Jura found out is really impressive to me since iirc he joined the Wizard Saints after Jellal defected? They weren't exactly particularly close, yet he was able to recognize Jellal after he used one spell.
My boi!

That was a fantastic post, the bit about Sema was perfect, dat hype. And I massively agree on the best moments, that Meteor transitioning into creating Grand Chariot was incredibly creative on Jellal's part. It also let Jura show off a bit, as like you said, he recognized the magic as Jellal's despite not really knowing him.

Worst Moment
Ultear interfering with this fight (Why :fail)

:SOON
Why did this happen? No, seriously, was this supposed to happen? Ultear's logic here didn't even make sense, no one else but the two of them have seen Sema in action, so how in the world would people at the GMG recognize who Jellal was:residentsleeper This was just a ham fisted way of making it look like Fairy Tail had lost all their matches on the first day just for the the thrill of the comeback, but honestly, this was executed pretty poorly. The comedy here was just HORRIBLY misplaced :shootme Not to mention that's legit the only thing Meredy did in the GMG, just....disappointing all through :bnah
While I agree Jellal getting shafted ruined the ending and seemed to only be there to create fake tension, it does make sense for Ultear to interrupt him from casting Sema. IIRC there was a heavy presence of the Magic Council, and Sema would be a massive "I AM JELLAL" sign. That said though, that does make it kinda confusing as to why she let him cast Grand Chariot, as that's what tipped of Jura. Still an epic post, better than I could have done, but just something I wanted to raise.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
. IIRC there was a heavy presence of the Magic Council, and Sema would be a massive "I AM JELLAL" sign. That said though, that does make it kinda confusing as to why she let him cast Grand Chariot, as that's what tipped of Jura. .
But after Jellal vs Jura, wasn't Jellal's main relevance that arc pushed into getting Lahar and Mest to release Cobra? So he was going to have to interact with them anyway. Then Mest wiped the minds of the entire council and basically told the royal family not to play around with stuff like that anymore.

So would revealing he was Jellal and escaping in a blaze of glory to come back later, really changed things? The only thing I could think of would be him meeting future Lucy would have been harder... but he could have been sneaking around and found her. It's not like it's hard to evade the magic council... Sorano learned a whole new magic while in prison.

Then Mest could have wiped their minds at the end of a Gmg like he did anyway.

Anti Hero 3:16

Reaction score
Country
United States
As long as I am concerned I like most of the fights in FT as long as there are certain constraints on power levels are maintained, but if there are certain examples like irene vs erza/ wendy or FH zeref vs natsu ( though DF natsu vs zeref was hype)where they screw with power levels then I dislike those fights. Aso as long as friendship speeches have not crossed a certain line after which it looks annoying.
My clash of the titans :crying This fight was short, but intense and imo simply epic, much better than Jura vs Brain, and it had potential to be even more epic. And it's the first and only time I regretted, Ultear was ever introduced into the story. I find nothing funny in the scene with chilli peppers or tickles, just another opportunity to humilitate Jellal and not show his full potential. And he has huge potential, he copied Mystogan's magic probably without knowing or ever meeting the guy. Very sad for me, as I find Jellal the only Wizard Saint, who showed he deserves the title, the rest had only huge amount of MP and hype, nothing special compared to Jellal's arsenal.
I wish the battle continued until the end, I want to know, who'd have won. My bets are on draw because of time limit.
TBH if you ask me the real clash of titans in FT was between acnologia vs Igneel as they were god tiers of FT.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
But after Jellal vs Jura, wasn't Jellal's main relevance that arc pushed into getting Lahar and Mest to release Cobra? So he was going to have to interact with them anyway. Then Mest wiped the minds of the entire council and basically told the royal family not to play around with stuff like that anymore.

So would revealing he was Jellal and escaping in a blaze of glory to come back later, really changed things? The only thing I could think of would be him meeting future Lucy would have been harder... but he could have been sneaking around and found her. It's not like it's hard to evade the magic council... Sorano learned a whole new magic while in prison.

Then Mest could have wiped their minds at the end of a Gmg like he did anyway.
He was going to interact with them at some point but I think there's a pretty big problem with him being identified. Fairy Tail B (and maybe even A) would probably get disqualified. Plus they could get in major shit for hiding a criminal and aiding his accomplices.

Linali

Reaction score
Country
Poland
TBH if you ask me the real clash of titans in FT was between acnologia vs Igneel as they were god tiers of FT.
Well, I have few "clash of titans" in this ranking, Jellal vs Jura, Laxus vs Mystogan, Irene vs Acnologia... Short hyped battles between powerhouses, which could be battles of the year, but were interupted before they started for good. Acno vs Igneel is dragon tier with no doubts, too bad, it wasn't included into ranking.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank God Ultear and Meredy stopped him. Jellal is usually cool headed but the dumbass let his ego run loose tryna impress Erza, and he could've killed like 90% of the audience in the stadium with that meteorite. Then he would really be serving redemptiom all his life lol.

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
While I agree Jellal getting shafted ruined the ending and seemed to only be there to create fake tension, it does make sense for Ultear to interrupt him from casting Sema. IIRC there was a heavy presence of the Magic Council, and Sema would be a massive "I AM JELLAL" sign. That said though, that does make it kinda confusing as to why she let him cast Grand Chariot, as that's what tipped of Jura. Still an epic post, better than I could have done, but just something I wanted to raise.
More like Ultear save both Him and FT ( Yeah FT also because he was " Member " at that time ) from his own stupidity...

Let's be Honest he was about to drop a meteor on a stadium full of non-magician people dunno what was Jellal thinking at that moment ( if he was thinking at all... )

And before someone post, no stadium and people there weren't protected by any barrier or magic.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Side note:
Always Remember....

Natsu - Sting
Gajeel - Rogue
Erza - Kagura, Minerva
Ultear - kamika
Meredy - Cosmo
Gray - Lyon
Cana - Bacchus
Laxus - Orga
Freed - Rufus
Mira - Jenny
Wendy - Chelia
Ivan - Jeimna

Excellent post and great gifs

Every battle Mavis said they were going to win.... Jellal vs Jura; Lucy vs Flare, etc they lost, but battles she didn't know about... Laxus vs Jura, Kagura vs Erza vs Minerva, Gajeel vs Rogue..... Fairy tail won...

Jura vs Jellal started so amazing. There was so much hype and the actual spells used, I preferred it to the punching match of Laxus vs Jura later. Jellal was using both Mystogan's spells (not seen since FF arc) and his own spells (not seen since ToH) and Jura was his magic (and he hadn't fought since OS arc).

The only bad part for me was really that Fairy tail was cheating using Jellal as all the participants were suppose to be guild members. The least they could do was give Erza the guild labeler and tell her to stamp his ass.

And at the time I thought Jellal losing was funny but now looking back, it was just to keep Jura's hype intact.

I always like Jura since OS. I loved Jura vs Brain. And he was an interesting character to me, especially when he turned out not to be a stickler for rules back in OS and wanted to free his friend Hoteye along with fairy tail. Plus he was even mentioned on Galuna. Jura vs Brain was awesome and GMG was Jura's peak.

I also like Jura's hair jokes. Funny stuff.

Sad to see this fight go so soon.

Not just his Wizard saint status. Jura was first mentioned on Galuna in chapter 32. He was hyped since then to be a powerful wizard. That's before Gajeel and Juvia and Master Jose was introduced in PL arc.
I was thinking that he should have joined for the time being. I really liked this fight but I was hoping he would master illusion spells so Ultear didn't have to resort to peppers. How did she even get them from that height? I admit it was funny but I wanted him to be like "okay, I went use that spell" and go pow!

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Enjoy some spaces!

Erza Scarlet vs. Azuma
Score: 6,84375

Highest score: 10 x 2 (@Seraph, @Asorx)
Lowest score: 1,5 x 1 (@Tirl)
My score: 8,5/10

I want to release pure hatred on this fight just because of its terrible ending but I simply can't. I can't deny that I did enjoy the majority of this fight very badly! Literally everything went so well until Erza decided to wear her plot armour.

The fight starts off with Erza trying to attack Azuma with many different armours such as Flame Empress Armour, Black Wing Armour and Morning Star Armour. Azuma is surprised by Erza's power and smiles to express his eagerness for the fight. Erza decides to use her Heart Kreuz Armour next.

At a certain point Azuma indicates that they're out of time. He describes his Lost Magic, Great Tree Arc, as a magic type that has true power rooted in the Earth. Much to Erza's shock, the Tenrou Tree suddenly starts to collapse, which results in a decrease of Fairy Tail's strength.

From that moment, the real fight starts that contains many new spells being shown such as Tower Burst that almost defeats Erza. But it all ends for her when Azuma casts Terra Clamare. Well, that's what it looked like for a while...

Nope, she recovers after she hears Jellal 'speak' to her. But that's not even the worst part. After Azuma casts another Terra Clamare, Erza recovers again but then in a way less logical way. And guess what? Azuma is the one that actually does get down in the end.

VICTOR = ERZA

Duration: CH229, 331 & 334-338
Guilds involved: Fairy Tail & Grimoire Heart

Last edited:

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Oh damn, two awesome fights going out back to back, what a shame.
I mean i'm not going to criticize people's opinion on these fights, to each his own really, but there's one thing bugging me. It's to see such low scores on overall good fights...
Giving a 1 or 1.5 to fights like Natsu vs Zeref i can understand, but Yukino vs Kagura, or Jura vs Jellal... I just don't, that feels extreme to me. I mean if you dislike most fights to such an extent i'm wondering why you'd keep on following the series.
I gave 1,5 to Jellal vs Jura not bc I hate this fight, just bc I gave such score (1-3) for 90% of the battles. After end of the rating I will post my full list of scores, and you will understand while some good fight got such low scores from me. I just think in FT most of battles are equal in term of impress. I love FT and almost every battle there. But I can't give 1 point to a trash like Natsu vs Zeref and 5 Point to a good fight like Jellal vs Jura. For me there are more better fight which deserve greater scores.

And I rated battle by their impressive in more. For me old short fight with Makarov and Jose was more impressive than more others battles.

Jellal v Jura just didn't appeal to @Tirl. I can see why. Jura was just throwing around a bunch of rocks while Jellal was just zipping around, and then the end was anticlimatic.
Not an actual point why I gave just 1,5.
36 of 42 battles got scores from 1 to 3 from me. But it dosn't mean I hate them. I just think they are equal on three point. Would we have 100 points to rate, I gave some worst fight (Zeref and Natsu, Twin Dragons) 1 point, others battle (like Jella vs Jura) will have 30-50 points, and some better battles for me around 90-100.
Just because I think worst, good and best battles have so big difference I didnt use all possible scores. I rate more fights around 1-3, and few fights around 5-11.

But should you know, I gave 10 and 11 points for some fights from the list only bc there were no my lovely battles. I thought to not use 10 and 11, but though decided to gave it to some fight which many people think to be the best.

Thank God Ultear and Meredy stopped him. Jellal is usually cool headed but the dumbass let his ego run loose tryna impress Erza, and he could've killed like 90% of the audience in the stadium with that meteorite. Then he would really be serving redemptiom all his life lol.
He can't even kill Orasion Four with Sema:hmph And I know he didn't try to kill them. But in GMG he also didn't want to kill anybody :hi
Erza Scarlet vs. Azuma
How much tomatoes do you have for me now? :pwned

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Enjoy some spaces!

Erza Scarlet vs. Azuma
Score: 6,84375

Highest score: 10 x 2 (@Seraph, @Asorx)
My score: 8,5/10

I want to release pure hatred on this fight just because of its terrible ending but I simply can't. I can't deny that I did enjoy the majority of this fight very badly! Literally everything went so well until Erza decided to wear her plot armour.

The fight starts off with Erza trying to attack Azuma with many different armours such as Flame Empress Armour, Black Wing Armour and Morning Star Armour. Azuma is surprised by Erza's power and smiles to express his eagerness for the fight. Erza decides to use her Heart Kreuz Armour next.

At a certain point Azuma indicates that they're out of time. He describes his Lost Magic, Great Tree Arc, as a magic type that has true power rooted in the Earth. Much to Erza's shock, the Tenrou Tree suddenly starts to collapse, which results in a decrease of Fairy Tail's strength.

From that moment, the real fight starts that contains many new spells being shown such as Tower Burst that almost defeats Erza. But it all ends for her when Azuma casts Terra Clamare. Well, that's what it looked like for a while...

Nope, she recovers after she hears Jellal 'speak' to her. But that's not even the worst part. After Azuma casts another Terra Clamare, Erza recovers again but then in a way less logical way. And guess what? Azuma is the one that actually does get down in the end.

VICTOR = ERZA

Duration: CH229, 331 & 334-338
Guilds involved: Fairy Tail, Grimoire Heart
This fight I just can't.

Nice post as always.

I liked aspects of it and it was interesting. It also visually was beautiful. Too much of a good think and no substance is junk food tho. And while it might be good to have some potato chips and candy now and then..... so much in one fight... makes for a sick stomach.

He was going to interact with them at some point but I think there's a pretty big problem with him being identified. Fairy Tail B (and maybe even A) would probably get disqualified. Plus they could get in major shit for hiding a criminal and aiding his accomplices.
Fairy tail could get into a lot of trouble but with Mystogan=Jellal lie that Yajima backed later. That actually was a really good way Jellal could sneak around as Edolas versions have the same scent and voices as their counterparts.

Plus Makarov had the key to Mest's mind. If he really wanted to cheat he could have.

But I am biased too as I was always an advocate for Fairy tail to lose or get second place. Cuz Raven tail was thrown out, Ft was secretly cheating (plus Natsu's bad sportsmanship against Gajeel), Sabertooth were a**holes at the time, Mermaid heel only had one exceptional fighter, and really Lamina scale should have won as they are a morally upright guild with a lot of hype. Really if Mashima had not shown favoritism - Jura, Lyon, Chelia combo back then would have hard to take out the last day, especially with Sabertooth and fairy tail at each other's throats. And it would have given fairy tail a goal to comeback the next year. Plus Mashima had the perfect set up saying Jura was on Gildarts level since Gildarts did not compete. It just all leaves a bad taste in my mouth as I think Jellal could have been an interesting Vigilante type in the Gmg. Especially with Mystogan's mask.

Last edited:

sardinestunasalmon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Side note:
Always Remember....

Natsu - Sting
Gajeel - Rogue
Erza - Kagura, Minerva
Ultear - kamika
Meredy - Cosmo
Gray - Lyon
Cana - Bacchus
Laxus - Orga
Freed - Rufus
Mira - Jenny
Wendy - Chelia
Ivan - Jeimna

We have Dragon Slayers, God Slayers, Aces of other guilds, then Mira has a Playboy model as a counterpart. Hiro is really unfair :(