Seinen - Onepunch Man by ONE & Yuusuke Murata | Page 31 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Onepunch Man by ONE & Yuusuke Murata

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I haven posted anything for some time and would like to know how the info that comes from the original and hasn't being already relealed in the redrawn version is handled here? I haven't read the original comic and don't want to read spoilers. Please. Thanks in advance.
As ONE's series is ahead of Murata's please simply label and include any discussion regarding the Webtoon in spoiler tags.

Angie7

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Uh, the "messenger" with the parasite immediately reminded me of this:
Even before I saw the reference in its name. Grossed me out just by thinking about it.

And hell yeah, Darkshine! He's so damn cute. :x3 Kinda like Armstrong from Full Metal Alchemist. I swoon over these good-hearted teddy bears.
And of course even Garou believes King did some incredible move to defeat him. The sequence of Saitama getting destroyed in the game followed by Gouketsu's body was pretty neat, but I think it had somewhat more of an impact in the original version (something else than Gouketsu was tied in to that scene of course). Or maybe it simply had more action, which gave the whole thing more thrill.

Seems like Murata's story is finally slowly going back to One's again. I wonder what the roles of the Monster King and the rich man's kid will be 'though.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Not very interesting chapter this time. Curious to see how strong Genos is with his upgrades even though I am certain he will return for repairs soon :D.

Next chapter should be good with Garou fighting all these heroes.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Yea Genos is going to get wrekt. He just gets upgrades so he can get a bigger ass whooping.

Best part was the cover. Fubuki is all kinds of sexy.

BurnSchulz

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Cmon. Why not having a ittle bit more of faith in genos?
At least he tries to be a super serious guy not a punching bag. +1 for effort

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Oh, I think Genos getting wrekt at some point is a part of the power level tropes that OPM parodies. He's not a weakling by any means, and I love Genos

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's all coming together. Everything is nearly in place for stuff to go down.

As for Genos, his entire existence is a perpetual cycle of getting stronger, only to get scrapped, only to get stronger.

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Genos gets stronger just to get wrecked, but it doesn't mean he's weak, that's one of funniest parts about it, Saitama is just too overpower to be compared. By the way, the more Garou appears, the less evil he seems to be.

N0R7H

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I want to begin reading this, but I'm not sure if read the volumes version or the magazine version, since the volumes is the final version, but the magazine version has color pages, and more pages in the "motion scenes". So, which version do you recommend?

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I want to begin reading this, but I'm not sure if read the volumes version or the magazine version, since the volumes is the final version, but the magazine version has color pages, and more pages in the "motion scenes". So, which version do you recommend?
If you can buy the magazines and read it as chapters come out then I think in the end you'll have a much more enjoyable experience.

TrueRaiKage

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm a lil late but this chapter will not be missed lol. I hope he doesn't miss the garbage truck!

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Reading the mag versions first is better IMO.

mstarsup5

Reaction score
Country
France
One week and still no translation... *sad* T_T

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Damn, I loved this chapter. The amount of pages we got was pretty good. well worth the wait in my opinion.

I loved that the guy that left Blizzards group got reincorporated and is fairly high ranked and respected by higher ranked heroes. Chain N Toad's whole thing is just hilarious also.

milek

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Great chapter. It will be nice to see how Garou is going to get out of this. Maybe he will eat monster cells.

Sakakibara Eitaro

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The chapter was great, and even if it is different from the original, it means ONE is giving the plot more substance. It will be a great arc the invasion.

If the plot goes as the original, Garou won't make it out there but will be saved by monsters and taked to their base. In this plot it is great to see that Garou got there because of extensevely fighting out, and the reason for not all S class heroes go to the assault will be mostly Garou.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Nice to see Glasses back. I liked the special chapter about him.

Great chapter.

TrueRaiKage

Reaction score
Country
United States
Loved the chapter. The sudden change in content/dialogue was so welcomed after last chapter. I'm not only impressed but also interested in how hero hunter will escape his current dilemma. Excellent chapter once again..... Just Wow

mstarsup5

Reaction score
Country
France
123 raw out.