Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 659 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Any reason in particular they skipped an issue go release the new entries instead of doing them back 2 back?
The reason is on the TOC: The Disastrous Life of Saiki K (Cover, Lead CP, Live-Action Movie Premiere)
They wanted Saiki on the cover for the Live-Action Movie Premiere.

Nemesis

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So you don´t want an expansion in form of anime-only content? Am I the onyl one who wants it? God, I thought you said that Black Clover is shallow and boring, because that´s what it is
No, I actually want that but for most people in our community, this is just a boring filler.

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I always assume that an author knows what he is doing with his series, meaning that what is in the manga and what is not in the manga were fruit of the authors's plaining. It is very strange to me the anime complementing the original work with serious extra information. If Tabata agreed with that, I think it just proves once more his lack of maturity as an author. If he forgot to add such important information that we are having to have this conversation in the first place, it is lack of maturity.

Nemesis

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I'm hoping that TPN/KnY don't get Toei, Madhouse or MAPPA. Madhouse/MAPPA are pretty good but there's definitely better studios out there
I don't know about Neverland but I think that if Kimetsu have an anime in the future, it would be made by Toei. Shueisha really trust them with these adaptations and to popularizing the original material so I can really see them making this.

Tamil

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Bakemonogatari + Kizu movies were directed by Tatsuya Oishi and the rest by Tomoyuki Itamura.
Shinbo from what I've heard hasn't directed anime episodes for many years now. He has done some minor stuff (Kakushigoto ads & Madoka concept short film storyboard), but that's it.

Also to mention, Nisekoi was done by Naoyuki Tatsuwa (he left Shaft after S2 apparently).
I thought he directed them and like most if not all Shaft shows? Anyway, doesn't take away from the fact they are well directed.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I don't know about Neverland but I think that if Kimetsu have an anime in the future, it would be made by Toei. Shueisha really trust them with these adaptations and to popularizing the original material so I can really see them making this.
I'm kinda worried about that. They got a record of messing up series like Toriko a prime example. I heard World Trigger got it bad too.

When I said TPN, I meant I don't want Madhouse/MAPPA getting it. Toei was more specifically for Kimetsu. Either way, I don't want Kimetsu in Toei, MAPPA or Madhouse's hands. Toei is the worst case scenario by far. Fuck that studio, they ruined Toriko.

Toei is bound to pick up one of these titles so yep there's a possibility.

I hope you're wrong tho cuz not only are they going to censor it like crazy but also make it a long runner. If Kimetsu anime becomes long running it's fucked. (Long running anime & censorship is the Toei starter pack)

Last edited:

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought the censorship from Toei was mainly for OP and DBS brig early morning shows.
Didn't the Tiger Mask show they recently make come on late with a good amount of blood?

I feel like Toei COULD handle Kimetsu well if they got it. It's just that's there's a bigger possibility that they won't

Rica_Patin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I could see toei picking up Dr. Stone.
Long shot but I'd like to see David pick up Kimetsu.
Madhouse for The Promised Neverland
Liden for Yuragi.
Production IG for Robot x Lazerbeam.

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I thought the censorship from Toei was mainly for OP and DBS brig early morning shows.
Didn't the Tiger Mask show they recently make come on late with a good amount of blood?

I feel like Toei COULD handle Kimetsu well if they got it. It's just that's there's a bigger possibility that they won't
Yeah and where else do you think Kimetsu will be placed? Toriko had far more blood/gore than OP (even Kimetsu) yet still aired in the early morning slot. I'm not against censorship, it's just extreme censorship that bothers me. I know regardless of whatever studio/staff gets it, there will be some censorship involved.

Kimetsu will be given the long runner treatment and most likely placed in a morning timeslot. OP, Toriko and even WT were placed in morning timeslots. I don't like Toei's direction of their shows, most just feel completely bland and no soul put into it. I have little faith in them and can't see them capturing Kimetsu's style/feel of the manga.
Liden for Yuragi.
If Dr.Stone is the scapegoat then I'll take it.

David unlikely since they will be hard at work with Vento Aureo. It would be cool though.

Last edited:

ChocoBar9

Reaction score
Country
United States
Liden for Yuragi.
Dr. Stone screams Toei so I can see it. David would be interesting for Kimetsu but that's a show that I can see would benefit a decent budget. Yuragi is getting TNK unfortunately I can feel. And yeah I.G. is Robot. Another good studio for Neverland would be White Fox of Re:Zero fame.

iceemperor

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Yeah and where else do you think Kimetsu will be placed? Toriko had far more blood/gore than OP (even Kimetsu) yet still aired in the early morning slot. I'm not against censorship, it's just extreme censorship that bothers me. I know regardless of whatever studio/staff gets it, there will be some censorship involved.

Kimetsu will be given the long runner treatment and most likely placed in a morning timeslot. OP, Toriko and even WT were placed in morning timeslots. I don't like Toei's direction of their shows, most just feel completely bland and no soul put into it. I have little faith in them and can't see them capturing Kimetsu's style/feel of the manga.

If Dr.Stone is the scapegoat then I'll take it.

David unlikely since they will be hard at work with Vento Aureo. It would be cool though.
Toei has only really done bad with OP and maybe World Trigger. Precure is pretty good for a long running show and DBS has basically picked up after some lackluster parts in the beginning. Tiger Mask was also really good. In recent months, DBS has been pretty consistent in quality whenever I got around to watching an episode. Its unfortunate OP is what most people have been watching consistently from Toei. The scheduling has to be grueling but they won't stop as it makes too much for Toei, Fuji and the sponsors. Toriko had huge mainstream appeal so they paired it up with OP. That slot basically gets a huge kids following, which is the target age group. Fuji TV however probably wants to be as accommodating as possible to these kids and thus, the blood and gore was censored. If kimetsu was to be placed during the day and Toei picks it up, it probably won't get an anime anytime soon as even Toriko began airing 3 years after it began serialization as that slot runs in blocks of 3 years. There has to be at least that much material so that they don't immediately begin adding in anime original content.

It should be noted however that there are not as many morning/evening timeslots as people may think. Most of these timeslots are already occupied by long runners. Fuji TV basically only has 3 daytime anime slots and only the DBS slot is open for any new anime as Monster Hunter probably isn't moving anytime soon and OP is also not moving. The evening is taken up by Sazae-san and Chibi Maruko-chan. Those are untouchable. TBS/MBS as anisata, which Taizai is moving into this winter. TV Asahi is basically done as they have all their slots filled up with Doraemon, Shin-chan and Precure. NTV/ytv only has Heroaca's slot. TV Tokyo is basically the most accomodating for anime to air in the day and even then its filled up with lots of franchises putting their shows in so as to sell toys, etc. If Kimetsu is picked up by Toei and its placed before OP, you will see a lot of censorship as its to not scare the kids. Otherwise, it can be placed in a late-night slot which will probably work better so that the gore can be shown in all its glory. You also have to consider whether Kimetsu will mesh with OP as they look for compatibility between the two shows. Toriko and DB are in the same vein as OP so they run. Kitarou is a household name so compatibility isn't so much an issue and it can be simplified down for kids. Kimetsu though is almost the opposite in atmosphere from OP. Even Heroaca and Conan had a certain level of compatibility so they went fine.

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Toei has only really done bad with OP and maybe World Trigger. Precure is pretty good for a long running show and DBS has basically picked up after some lackluster parts in the beginning. Tiger Mask was also really good. In recent months, DBS has been pretty consistent in quality whenever I got around to watching an episode. Its unfortunate OP is what most people have been watching consistently from Toei. The scheduling has to be grueling but they won't stop as it makes too much for Toei, Fuji and the sponsors. Toriko had huge mainstream appeal so they paired it up with OP. That slot basically gets a huge kids following, which is the target age group. Fuji TV however probably wants to be as accommodating as possible to these kids and thus, the blood and gore was censored. If kimetsu was to be placed during the day and Toei picks it up, it probably won't get an anime anytime soon as even Toriko began airing 3 years after it began serialization as that slot runs in blocks of 3 years. There has to be at least that much material so that they don't immediately begin adding in anime original content.

It should be noted however that there are not as many morning/evening timeslots as people may think. Most of these timeslots are already occupied by long runners. Fuji TV basically only has 3 daytime anime slots and only the DBS slot is open for any new anime as Monster Hunter probably isn't moving anytime soon and OP is also not moving. The evening is taken up by Sazae-san and Chibi Maruko-chan. Those are untouchable. TBS/MBS as anisata, which Taizai is moving into this winter. TV Asahi is basically done as they have all their slots filled up with Doraemon, Shin-chan and Precure. NTV/ytv only has Heroaca's slot. TV Tokyo is basically the most accomodating for anime to air in the day and even then its filled up with lots of franchises putting their shows in so as to sell toys, etc. If Kimetsu is picked up by Toei and its placed before OP, you will see a lot of censorship as its to not scare the kids. Otherwise, it can be placed in a late-night slot which will probably work better so that the gore can be shown in all its glory. You also have to consider whether Kimetsu will mesh with OP as they look for compatibility between the two shows. Toriko and DB are in the same vein as OP so they run. Kitarou is a household name so compatibility isn't so much an issue and it can be simplified down for kids. Kimetsu though is almost the opposite in atmosphere from OP. Even Heroaca and Conan had a certain level of compatibility so they went fine.
No, Toriko included. They messed up on that and other titles. It's not just OP/WT.

I just can't see Toei doing Kimetsu justice. They let me down too many times.

@bold that's a bit pushing it.

That's my worst fears, making it simplified down for kids. Which is exactly why I never really liked their take on Toriko and Kimetsu will suffer the same faith.

iceemperor

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
No, Toriko included. They messed up on that and other titles. It's not just OP/WT.

I just can't see Toei doing Kimetsu justice. They let me down too many times.

@bold that's a bit pushing it.

That's my worst fears, making it simplified down for kids. Which is exactly why I never really liked their take on Toriko and Kimetsu will suffer the same faith.
I won't talk about Toriko's anime. That's been discussed to death. However, I don't see anything wrong with simplifying down for kids as "王道(Oudou)" battle shounen are aimed at kids and teens. Any other demographic is a periphery demographic. They wanted Toriko to become big and thus put it right before OP. Kimetsu most likely will be late-night so there won't be many issues of censorship. If Made in Abyss is able to show a kid bleed out of all their orifices, then Kimetsu is fine. Honestly, besides Dr. Stone, almost all the new manga are suited for Late-night rather than daytime so censorship will the the last thing to worry about.

Tanzo

Reaction score
Country
United States

Upcoming BC eps' titles:
Episode 3:" To imperial Capital, Clover Kingdom" (クローバー王国、王都へ) (Actual eng. title may be different)
Episode 4:"The Magic Knights Entrance Exam" (魔法騎士団入団試験) [Same title as ch.2]
Episode 5:"The Road to the Wizard King" (魔法帝への道) [Same title as ch.3]
Episode 6:"The Black Bulls" (黒の暴牛) [Same title as ch.4]
Schedule from Newtype magazine via YonkouProd/Animeblue00
[/sp

Caiops

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
For god sake, this is the definition of slow pacing.

shoyoboyo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow, and people thought that MHAs first season was slow paced. Makes me wonder if all of the episodes are going to have slow pacing to stretch it to fit 51 episodes or if there's going to be filler like Twin Star. There's also that light novel that could be adapted to fix the mistake in the manga.

Rica_Patin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
A series as poorly written as this needs a lightning fast pace.
Slowing it all down will just draw more attention to the obvious faults.

Scruffy8642

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Upcoming BC eps' titles:
Episode 3:" To imperial Capital, Clover Kingdom" (クローバー王国、王都へ) (Actual eng. title may be different)
Episode 4:"The Magic Knights Entrance Exam" (魔法騎士団入団試験) [Same title as ch.2]
Episode 5:"The Road to the Wizard King" (魔法帝への道) [Same title as ch.3]
Episode 6:"The Black Bulls" (黒の暴牛) [Same title as ch.4]
Schedule from Newtype magazine via YonkouProd/Animeblue00
[/sp
Geez, Pierott normally isn’t that bad with pacing. This is half the pacing of MHA and almost OP level... it would be a surprise if they only ended up doing 51 episodes at this rate. Hopefully its just these first few eps, though probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.