Voting Round 3 - Mahou Tsukai no Yome vs. Gintama | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 3 Mahou Tsukai no Yome vs. Gintama

Who wins?

• Mahou Tsukai no Yome

• Gintama

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda

Mahou Tsukai no Yome
Kore Yamazaki
-

Gintama
Hideaki Sorachi

Rules
- You are allowed to vote for one Manga
- After 5 days, the Manga with the most votes will proceed into the next round
- In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
This one is hard would love to support you nii... but gintama :pout what should I do ?

Will wait before voting !

edit, Voted Mahou sorry for Gintama but I just cant vote against nii-kun considering all the support he gave me, sorry gin-san, thats not an easy match

Last edited:

YumaKuga

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
@niichan

GG on the last round, least I got to show my love for World Trigger and that's what counts :hee
I will vote for your manga this round, so it better win again mate :verily

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Daaaw @Erinyes you're so so sweet, I don't know what to say :wtf :wtf Never thought you would actually vote against Gintama, I can't thank you enough :zomg

Here, let me shower you with all the good Neverland pics I have available:

That's everything I have, I think you've seen the rest already... ofc I will support Neverland in the current round, too :nod
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@niichan

GG on the last round, least I got to show my love for World Trigger and that's what counts :hee
I will vote for your manga this round, so it better win again mate :verily
Wow, thanks a lot dude! :zomg It was a good fight, you definitely have my support in the next war :thumbs if it isn't a really bad manga
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Sadly I don't really have the time campaign now, gotta leave soon and tomorrow is going to be a long day at work. Then I'm most likely away on Saturday, damn you real life :arf still will try my best to make at least one campaign post tomorrow...

I hope not too many people will vote on the spot and instead wait a bit and judge after my campaign. Though with Gintama I can understand if some will give it their vote no matter what, so that's fine :XD

YumaKuga

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Daaaw @Erinyes you're so so sweet, I don't know what to say :wtf :wtf Never thought you would actually vote against Gintama, I can't thank you enough :zomg

Here, let me shower you with all the good Neverland pics I have available:

That's everything I have, I think you've seen the rest already... ofc I will support Neverland in the current round, too :nod
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Wow, thanks a lot dude! :zomg It was a good fight, you definitely have my support in the next war :thumbs if it isn't a really bad manga
Lol no problem man, Its no biggie. I did my best to fight and I feel like I used my writing skills well, ehhhhh?! :p I just feel like Ashihara's work needs some love after him having these bad health issues and such. You should still give it a read at least bro ;)
Also if theres another manga wars, expect either World Trigger again, or Neon Genesis Evangelion (Just finished reading it again, wtf lol) or Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle :celebrate

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Wow thanks so so so much
im confused thats so so so nice thxs a lot :hug

Im definitely going to use them thxs :zomg

Lol no problem man, Its no biggie. I did my best to fight and I feel like I used my writing skills well, ehhhhh?! :p I just feel like Ashihara's work needs some love after him having these bad health issues and such. You should still give it a read at least bro ;)
Also if theres another manga wars, expect either World Trigger again, or Neon Genesis Evangelion (Just finished reading it again, wtf lol) or Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle :celebrate

You did a lovely campaign im sure people who don't know Wt will give it a chance :zomg

Just a modest contrbution :)

Last edited:

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Okay, I think I will try to make a campaign post anyway. First, let me link you two my first two posts HERE and HERE.

Continuing from there, this series isn't just about warm and fuzzy feelings. The manga highlights the good and the "bad" sides from both fantasy and reality. Elias and Chise are encountering multiple entities which aren't exactly friendly.

Those encounters don't necessarily lead to a fight, the manga makes a point that the best solution isn't necessarily confontration. Sometimes it's best to avoid the danger all completely, at other times it's more about overcoming your own mindset, and not the creature or person in question.

Ofc, like I said, this isn't merely about Chise or Elias though. Other people get quite a bit of focus too, and even though they main duo may be involved, they don't magically save the day. Often it's the people themselves who need to handle the situation, even if they get a little push. What's important too, is that it covers all kinds of people. This isn't just about troubled children or anything like that, the people in question vary greatly:

With that being said, there's still kind of a red string to the story, so it's not simply an episodic tale. More about that for my next post though. I hope I could maybe convince some of you to give this manga a chance, or maybe to even vote for it... If not I'm going to try even harder with my next campaign post ;)

Gryffindor

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
For the sake of not repeating myself, I’ll link my posts from the previous round for people to become more acquainted with the series and also for those yet to read them.

[post=4620821] Post #1: Overview[/post]
[post=4621773] Post #2: Small Glimpses[/post]​

Alright, now play these awesome jams to get you through the post;)

The foundation for a really engaging story is of course, the characters, Something that Gintama greatly benefits from for two reasons:
1) It has an amazing cast of characters
2) Basically each character(even the more minor ones) get their story told in some way or form. If not, they are still presented in a way for the reader to relate and understand them.
I bring the point of characters up because these two things allow for the series to build an intriguing dynamic between the entire cast both on an individual basis(meaning 1-on-1) and as a collective group.
The individual relationships in the story are really amazing, if I were to write about them all, this post would probably never end, so for now, I'll focus on the groups(not all of them) in order to offer a glimpse of the wondrous crew that resides in the wacky Edo known to Gintama.

The Yorozuya

Members:
Sakata Gintoki(Silver Perm)
Shimura Shinpachi(Glasses)
Kagura(The Girl)
Sadaharu(The Dog)

The main trio.The Yorozuya essentially do any kind of job for a fee. A jack of all trades, per se. The lack of requests and their inability to pay rent and Gintoki's inability to pay Kagura and Shinpachi their wages is a recurring gag. All that aside, the Yorozuya serves as a family bringing together these individuals who through strife and grief were alone. Shinpachi doesn't really deal with the same circumstances as the other two before the trio formed, but he also had his fair share of hardship pre-formation.

This was supposed to be a haircut FYI :XD
Manga Panel:

From Lesson 232-"Heavenly Beings' Superiors Are The One's Who Created Topknots"

The Shinsengumi

Notable Members:
Kondo Isao(Bottom Left)
Hijikata Toushirou(Bottom Right)
Okita Sogou(Blowing a Bubble)
Yamazaki Sagaru(On top of Kondo)
Saitou Shimaru(Mask at Top Right)
Sasaki Tetsunosuke(Middle, in between Sogou and Yamazaki)

There's another important member that I omitted, simply because he has his own arc where the bonds of the Shinsengumi are tested. This group is probably the one with the best dynamic. It's a mesh of many personalities all unified and led by one man, whom all the members respect without fail or question. That man of course being Kondo Isao. Bearing this in mind, you'd probably expect Kondo to be the empitome of carnage, stunning skill, and impeccable presence, but he's not, instead this dude is one of the most hilarious characters in the series, but despite that, he is a man of unwavering principle whom the Shinsengumi revolve around.

The Kihetai

Members:
Takasugi Shinsuke(far left)
Kijima Matako(the woman)
Takechi Henpeita(guy cosplaying as Takasugi)
Kawakami Bansai(dude with the shades)

These guys are antagonist group, well sort of. Led by Takasugi, they exist to overthrow the government and to simply destroy the corrupted world. Each member has their reason for joining, and the reader sees this for themselves, let's just say people are attracted to the man known as Takasugui Shinsuke who's out for revenge. Why? Let's just say it has something to do with this picture:

The Jouishishi(Joui 4)

The only new face here is Tatsuma Sakamoto(in the bottom picture-top panel). I won't say much about this group, they're pre-chapter 1(basically in the past) and their time together serve as the basis for the conflict, underlying motivations, and struggles these characters have once post-chapter 1(basically when the series starts in the present day).

There are still more groups I want to talk about like the Mimawarigumi, Naraku, the Ninja Clans, and the Courtesans, but I'll leave at that for now.
I'll leave off with an obligatory comedy panel:3c:

From Lesson 431-"A Bowl of Ramen"
Phew, that was long.
Vote for Gintama!!!

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
@Gryffindor Im really sorry, as i said earlier I couldnt vote Gintama even if i love it a lot, I would have felt so bad, at this stage it was like backstabbing someone who has been so kind and helpful to me, i just cant, my apologies. :pout Also dw Gintama is very popular, Mahou is the one that needs more support.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
GINTAMA :allthe

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Not voting for Gintama even though you posted Kagura-chan in her best outfit... Dang it!

Gomenasai.

But Chise is the better looking red head.

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay
This one is hard would love to support you nii... but gintama :pout what should I do ?

Will wait before voting !

edit, Voted Mahou sorry for Gintama but I just cant vote against nii-kun considering all the support he gave me, sorry gin-san, thats not an easy match

I cant believe this erin, i understand you not voting for snk, but....gintama...?

Luca Blight

Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
Gintama is hands down the best long running Shounen I've read/watched. I don't know anything about the other series though, so I ain't votin' :(

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Gintama is hands down the best long running Shounen I've read/watched. I don't know anything about the other series though, so I ain't votin' :(
Yeah I recently watched the first ep of Gintama and I have really loved it.

I will start the manga soon and I feel I will love it.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
The first episode of Mahotsukai no Yome mesmerized me and if the beauty in the panels that I saw in this thread and in the previous one are an indication of anything, well, then the reasons to vote for it are pretty much clear.
Made me want to read the Manga.
Besides, Chise is Waifu material. :hurr

Last edited:

Dunno1978

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Vote for Gintama, I have mixed feelings for MTnY. Someday I'll give it a read in the same way I gave to Koe no Katachi (and I really became emotional after reading some chapters).

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
For my next post I think I'm going to talk about characters, in combination with something that makes the manga stand out to me.

First and foremost, this is a story happening in England. That's why english and european folklore or legends get a lot of focus, way more than the Japanese legends. It's really fascinating how much research the mangaka has done, and it's refreshing to see legends you know about being brought to life. Even more so, it might give you insight into various western folklore legends you didn't know about.

For example we have a reoccuring character called Joseph/Cartaphilus, who's based on the legend of the "Wandering Jew"

While I won't say much about his role in the story, as you can see, he doesn't really seem like that much of a nice guy... possibly. Or maybe he actually is, who knows :amuse

Another important character in the story is Ruth, who appears like a normal human at first:

But in actuality, he's a beast, based on the legend of the "Black Dog/Grim". He can be quite scary, but he's a lot of fun as well :D

But the manga doesn't stop at folklore, but also incorporates famous plays of old, like William Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream". In this particular case "Titania, the Fairy Queen". Fairy Tail fans might remember the name, but this one is the real deal :kappa

You can spot a "Spriggan" there as well, definitely makes you realize that Hiro Mashima loved to use names from folklore :cookiehand though this one here is way more accurate and better :teehee

As you can see, the story incorporates a lot of western legends into the story, and what you've seen is just the tip of the iceberg. And it handles all of those legends with grace, and never paints them simply black or white.

With that being said, even Chise exceptional status in the world of Mahoutsukai is based on a rather unknown but actual legend, the fairy called Sleigh Beggy. More about that later though, I think I will focus on Chise and Elias for my next post :3

Luca Blight

Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
Yeah I recently watched the first ep of Gintama and I have really loved it.

I will start the manga soon and I feel I will love it.
Pretty sure you will! The series just keeps getting better and better (it peaks at Arc 61 and 62 imo) I recommend starting with the anime, then moving on to the manga when you catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.