Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 670 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TM2

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Well, Kiruko-san got tons of fan art when it was published but that didn't help it much.
As I stated before that this approach isn't completely solid but I think that your example is a exception or rather a anomaly to the general trend.

In the case of Kiruko-san I think that her popularity was a meme in the same way that the Ellen Baker fanart trend came about rather than any inherent appeal or positive reception of the story itself.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The problem with art is also what site their using but again not everyone is engaged to make art, like Assassination Classroom didnt really have fan arts that were different in number to less performing series. (using pixiv, Assclass at 18K arts while World trigger is at 20K, Haikyuu at 135K arts)

Food Wars would be considered not popular by those same measures (4K arts). BLack Clover is at 354 arts.

Boruto at 3.5K

Caiops

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
How much is Robotxlaserbeam and Kuroko?

Usually when something become really popular with the female audience, it get a lot of fanarts.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
How much is Robotxlaserbeam and Kuroko?

Usually when something become really popular with the female audience, it get a lot of fanarts.
RxL is at 69.
KuroBas is at 220K, which puts it at the top of JUMP (Naruto and One Piece are both ~160K arts each)

Caiops

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
RxL is at 69.
KuroBas is at 220K, which puts it at the top of JUMP (Naruto and One Piece are both ~160K arts each)
WOW...

Like i said, shows popular with the fujoshi usually get a lot of fanarts, and because of that sells a lot to the female audience.

I bet that Yowamushi Pedal, Days, Bungo Stray dogs have a lot of fanarts because of how much they are popular with the female audience.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh yeah, been meaning to ask. What does it mean to "outsource" something regarding anime? I thought I knew but I think my definition is wrong. Is it positive or negative thing?

ChocoBar9

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh yeah, been meaning to ask. What does it mean to "outsource" something regarding anime? I thought I knew but I think my definition is wrong. Is it positive or negative thing?
In animation terms "in-house" episodes are those that are done within the studio itself which usually bringing out the most talented animators to work on an individual episode while "outsource" means any givien episode are done by sub studios to finish and thus have downgraded quality in comparison to a special episode or even a regular episode. Toei for example does everything outsourced to their sub studio Toei Philippines for TV animation while movies and other special projects are done in-house.

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Depends.

Positive examples of outsource was One Punch Man (had minimal in house talent)

Negative examples of outsource was JoJo part 4, outsourcing to some korean company because of time constraints. (not all was badly drawn/animated, just 1 or 2 episodes)

ChocoBar9

Reaction score
Country
United States
Depends.

Positive examples of outsource was One Punch Man (had minimal in house talent)

Negative examples of outsource was JoJo part 4, outsourcing to some korean company because of time constraints. (not all was badly drawn/animated, just 1 or 2 episodes)
Bare in mind what Gray means in the case of OPM is that it was done entirely by freelancers than the usual Madhouse in-house team. A-1 for example is a division of Aniplex that doesn't so much have an in-house team but a rotating circle of animators they outsource from other studios meaning the quality of the shows tend to be all over the place.

razerxs

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Republic
From Kaizou 10

Shounen Jump Issue 47:
Full Drive (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
One Piece
Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
Yakusoku no Neverland (CP)
Black Clover
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Dr. Stone
Boku no Hero Academia
Kimetsu no Yaiba (CP)
Tomatoypoo no Lycopene
Haikyuu!!
Gintama
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Robot×Laserbeam
Hinomaru Zumou
Spring Weapon Number One (CP)
Shoodan!
Shokugeki no Souma
Cross Account
Tomatoypoo no Lycopene (Twice?)

Shounen Jump Issue 48:
Cover, Lead CP: Golem Hearts (New Series)
CP: Gintama, Shokugeki no Souma, Full Drive

Zanpan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
From Kaizou 10

Shounen Jump Issue 47:
One Piece
Black Clover
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Dr. Stone
Boku no Hero Academia
Kimetsu no Yaiba (CP)
Tomatoypoo no Lycopene
Haikyuu!!
Gintama
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Robot×Laserbeam
Hinomaru Zumou
Shoodan!
Shokugeki no Souma
Cross Account
Tomatoypoo no Lycopene

Shounen Jump Issue 48:
Why is Tomatoypoo no Lycopene there twice

Tanzo

Reaction score
Country
United States
48号
巻頭:ゴーレムハーツ
Cカラー:フルドライブ、ソーマ、銀魂(人気投票結果発表))
鬼滅人気投票 応募総数26105票
青春人気投票結果は1月発売の週刊少年ジャンプにて
Gintama will reveal the final popularity poll results next issue.
Kimetsu had 26,105 votes in the popularity poll. Holy shit.
Spring Weapon poll results will apparently be released in January.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Why is Tomatoypoo no Lycopene there twice
It's the new Isobe (it had 2 chapters per issue). It'll probably just only get 1 chapter per issue after a while.

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
The difference is that a manga chapter can be read in 5 minutes whereas you have to sit through a 24 min episode. You can speed it up but even at 2x its still 12 min along with that poorly directed voice. A lot of people, both in Japan and the west are giving it time, waiting to see the main story and battles before making any judgements. I won't say it won't become popular but right now, its lukewarm at best in Japan. Backlog sales are slowly rising, selling a few thousand copes per week so its not like its doing nothing unlike Soma which is not moving any previous volumes other than Volumes 24 and 25.

TOC is only really a factor to stay in the magazine. Sumou has good rankings, being usually in the middle and going to the top 5 once in a while, but Yuragi has gotten a stage at Jump Festa while Sumou which has been going on almost 2 years longer than Yuragi has yet to get a stage. TOC by itself isn't enough to say a series will get an anime. Sumou is basically ripe for a daytime anime on NHK's Saturday evening E-Tele 5:35PM slot, which aired Rinne until this season yet an anime isn't in sight even with a "Part 2" running in the magazine right now.
Wow lol. That's bad for SnS.

Sumou just needs production IG. That would be perfect and if it had a great director, it could possible be one of the best animes Jump had in years. This may sound like a huge stretch...but is it possible that Kawada gotten requests for an anime but denied them because he has a particular studio that he wants to animate his series? I think the 3 gatsu no lion create specifically wanted Shaft to work on it. Or are studio selection entirely in hands of the Shueisha/production committee? Does the creator a lot of power in that decision?

shoyoboyo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Holy shit, WNL in second place. That's not something we're gonna see often.
26000 votes. Again, holy shit. I was honestly expecting no more than 15k, that's awesome to see. The long wait was worth it. :hee Now I need to see the results.
Is MHA going to be a middle ranker from now on? This arc must really be bothering people huh.
Also, it does seem like tomato dog will be the new Isobee. Pretty much expected, I guess.

Any word on Golem Hearts and Full Drive getting scanlated?

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
HeroAca is collapsing, looks like horikoshi needs to bring back kaminari, todoroki, bakugou and mirios quirk or else his manga is good as over.

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Sorry to call you out but LOL.
They are waiting a long time because it is bad to have a poll with one vote only, let's give time to increase to 2 votes at least. :3c
Kimetsu had 26,105 votes in the popularity poll. Holy shit.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Shokugeki is at the bottom lmao. The manga boost for the anime aint doing a whole lot either apparently. Looks like my prediction of food wars ending "soon" may actually be right.

iceemperor

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
From Kaizou 10

Shounen Jump Issue 47:
One Piece
Black Clover
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Dr. Stone
Boku no Hero Academia
Kimetsu no Yaiba (CP)
Tomatoypoo no Lycopene
Haikyuu!!
Gintama
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Robot×Laserbeam
Hinomaru Zumou
Shoodan!
Shokugeki no Souma
Cross Account

Shounen Jump Issue 48:
Soma, even with a color page next issue, being this low with an anime airing isn't really a good thing. Lycopene taking Isobe's spot (presumably) is rather weird as Lycopene has only been around for 2 weeks. Unless it was planned to be like this from the start, it makes you wonder if the reception is/was good enough for the editorial to make it an almost permanent member of the lineup for the foreseeable future.

ChocoBar9

Reaction score
Country
United States
From Kaizou 10

Shounen Jump Issue 47:
One Piece
Black Clover
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Dr. Stone
Boku no Hero Academia
Kimetsu no Yaiba (CP)
Tomatoypoo no Lycopene
Haikyuu!!
Gintama
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Robot×Laserbeam
Hinomaru Zumou
Shoodan!
Shokugeki no Souma
Cross Account

Shounen Jump Issue 48:
Another weird ass TOC. Bokuben 2#? Souma below Shoodan? You're making this harder and harder to take this seriously.

Caiops

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Go up RobotxLaserbeam, please ;-;

WoW, WNL getting a second place, thats good, its a fun manga.

shoyoboyo

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm just going to rejoice in the fact that Kimetsu got almost 3 times as many votes as Black Clover. :hee

Status
Not open for further replies.