Semifinal - Hunter x Hunter vs. Fullmetal Alchemist | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Hunter x Hunter vs. Fullmetal Alchemist

Who wins?

• Hunter x Hunter

• Fullmetal Alchemist

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
When you see that @Purity of Magi starts campaigning for FMA in the semifinals since all its previous opponents were no match in the first place. :feelsbadman

Should I be salty? Maybe I could instavote for HxH... or I could wait for some kind of bribing... or a super convincing post. :hmm

Yeah, FMA still has the upper hand but this could be its first serious stone in the road, I'll wait a little before placing my vote, as of now:

VS

STORY: FMA
CHARACTERS: Tie (both series are great in this part)
BATTLES / ACTION: H x H
CONSISTENCY: FMA

ART: HxH at its best > FMA > HxH with smoking Togashi
ENJOYMENT: TIE
(though I do have a soft spot for FMA)

@Erinyes and @kira , I wish you luck. :gent

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
When you see that @Purity of Magi starts campaigning for FMA in the semifinals since all its previous opponents were no match in the first place. :feelsbadman

Should I be salty? Maybe I could instavote for HxH... or I could wait for some kind of bribing... or a super convincing post. :hmm

Yeah, FMA still has the upper hand but this could be its first serious stone in the road, I'll wait a little before placing my vote, as of now:

VS

STORY: FMA
CHARACTERS: Tie (both series are great in this part)
BATTLES / ACTION: H x H
CONSISTENCY: FMA

ART: HxH at its best > FMA > HxH with smoking Togashi
ENJOYMENT: TIE
(though I do have a soft spot for FMA)

@Erinyes and @kira , I wish you luck. :gent
The choice is easy, Lambu! The disrespect Magi-senpai showed to you and the other nominations by not campaigning.. and worse! voting for the opponent! :nah make him pay by voting against it.

and if that's not enough.. you got two more reasons to vote for HxH!
Me and Erin-chan!

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
I feel you Ç_Ç

Anyway, I voted for FMA. I dunno HxH and I'm too tired to read campaigns at this point XD, FMA is still one of my fav series of all times, and I'm a sore loser, now I wanna see it win this shit '-' Wanna know that Nana, Punpun and KnK lost to what's seen by the majority as the best thing in this War. Still, fu Magi.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dear oh dear oh dear... What's this? That one over hyped, unfinished manga that only your second grandchildren twice removed will be able to see it through to it's conclusion? Sounds like Hiatus X Hiatus to me.

Now who on earth in their right mind would rash and badly thought out vote here? I mean, I could just say "It's FMA" and it would be enough. That's the power that this series holds in the pages of its volumes. However I've deemed that this isn't enough. It's time for this upstart of a dying manga to be beaten into submission!

If you don't know what Fullmetal Alchemist is, then how about I help you out. Does "The pinnacle of the Shounen Genre" sound familiar to you? How about "Masterpiece". No? "One of the greatest manga of all time?" Yes there you go. I knew it had to click eventually.

Hunter X Hunter has a good story for sure, and certainly well above average writing. But that in no way excuses the lacklustre art in many places and oh god the hiatuses. Any potential and hype that this manga had built up over the years is long gone now. Only kept alive as a sliver of flame on a dying candle by the more hardcore fanbase that hungrily waits on its haunches for the next, what 10 chapters before another 1 year Hiatus? Quite frankly, it's boring now.

On the other hand you have Fullmetal Alchemist. A manga that, many years past, stepped into the competitive ring of Shounen Manga and utterly crushed its competition, such as HxH. FMA is a completed series that offers the full scope of it's masterfully crafted story that covers a lot of the themes featured in HxH. Only better. It's Artwork is on a whole other level. The story is more engaging, and unlike more than one arc in HxH, keeps you keen for more until suddenly you've read it all. The characters that FMA offers are just so much more endearing than the moments of hype that Togashi occasionally graces his own creations with.

And of course...

Anti Hero 3:16

Reaction score
Country
United States
Since all other series I like are out except for FMA I am cheering for FMA to go all the way. God bless my boi edward elric may the voters be with you.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I am voting for FMA. If only because of the hiatuses....

Skylent

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I'd like to add that HxH doesn't need an ending.

It could be a valid point if HxH followed the same kind of global plot as FMA but HxH is not about a overarching plot like Naruto, FMA or other shonens. HxH just follows the adventures of several characters in an universe create by Togashi. It only narrates their different stories, so there is no big purpose behind all this and I think this is enough given how entertaining they are.
As a consequence each arc is sufficient in itself and the lack of a ending to the whole story is not really an issue.

Also: CONSISTENCY: FMA

Hum?

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
FMA no doubt

The President

Reaction score
Country
Canada
FMA has the better story and art. HxH has the better fights and characters. This one is close but I have a soft spot for HxH, it does also have to do with the fact that I like HxH 2011 anime more then FMAB (although both are god-tier anime).

Best HxH characters: Hisoka, Meruem, Killua, Kurapika and Chrollo
Best FMA characters: Mustang, Bradley, Ling, Greed and Riza

I don't mind either one winning the war though.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I'd like to add that HxH doesn't need an ending.

It could be a valid point if HxH followed the same kind of global plot as FMA but HxH is not about a overarching plot like Naruto, FMA or other shonens. HxH just follows the adventures of several characters in an universe create by Togashi. It only narrates their different stories, so there is no big purpose behind all this and I think this is enough given how entertaining they are.
As a consequence each arc is sufficient in itself and the lack of a ending to the whole story is not really an issue.

Also: CONSISTENCY: FMA

Hum?
I know what you mean and you are right, HxH has a different structure and the "end" of the story is not something important as a plot element, its kind of an endless adventure of saga after saga (similar to Dragonball in that aspect, but with better characters and structure).

What I meant with "consistency" was the overall balance of attention I got from it.

HxH had some moments and arcs that were incredibly good but then there were others that weren't that entertaining, still good, but not that good. Also the hiatuses damaged my interest in the series harder than, for example, Berserk's case. Still HxH keeps me hooked and waiting for the next release, and that when taking into account the point I said before is a great thing.

FMA got my full attention from beginning to end since it was really well structured and hit the mark in all the parts of its story, though this could be because I personally love that series.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Hello @Erinyes, hello @Purity of Magi. o/

What to vote for, what to vote for... Let's see how both of them treated me recently:
Your own fault. You don't please me enough so find a better way to satisfy me... if you can anyway.

Gry-kun is quite an adorable being, don't mind him. Also that depressing side of yours at least joys me, hm.

Ohhhhhh! ..You disappoint me once again. Oh well, not sure what I'm even expecting from you anyway....

but well, you're free to choose, im fine dw i won't blame you
thinking about it.... you refused to support HxH ... so ka

You rejected the best manga ever.... won't ever forgive you... traitor ! :hmph

Looks like I hold the whip hand now, heh? What now Erinyes?

Am I still a traitor? You still won't forgive ME? Are you regretting breaking your promise and murdering the poor soul of MINE?

And you Magi... Am I still a disappointment in your eyes?

Or are you too confused, because you can't explain that one feeling you experience right now... you know what that is Magi? That's remorse! Atone for ya sin, the sin of humiliating ME!

Ahh... this feels so good... can't wait for their response...

Last edited:

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello @Erinyes, hello @Purity of Magi. o/

What to vote for, what to vote for... Let's see how both of them treated me recently:

Looks like I hold the whip hand now, heh? What now Erinyes?

Am I still a traitor? You still won't forgive ME? Are you regretting breaking your promise and murdering the pour soul of MINE?

And you Magi... Am I still a disappointment in your eyes?

Or are you too confused, because you can't explain that one feeling you experience right now... you know what that is Magi? That's remorse! Atone for ya sin, the sin of humiliating ME!

Ahh... this feels so good... can't wait for their response...

If not them, support me ;)

Reactions: syx

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Voting FMA, I just simply like it more. And it has Armstrong *-*

But even if it came to nominators only, I must admit in a certain recent game Erin was meaner to me than Magi :rolleyes:

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
@syx Please vote HxH bro! :wtf :zomg

If you do, I promise to write that review on Ergo Proxy like you asked me to on MAL! :blush

Status
Not open for further replies.