Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 744 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heiji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
51号
鬼滅
勉強
ハイキュー
ストーン
斉木
ブラクロ
火ノ丸
ゆらぎ
ネバラン ※Cカラー
ヒロアカ
ゴーレム
リコピン
ボルト ※Cカラー
フルドラ
シューダン ※Cカラー
ロボ
銀魂
クロアカ
青春
ソーマ
リコピン

52号
巻頭:ワンピ※みんなのルフィ101体大集合表紙
Cカラー:ロボ(飛び石カラー第1弾)火ノ丸(大相撲編大好評御礼)

razerxs

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Republic
No. 51
Kimetsu no Yaiba (Lead Color)
We Never Learn
Haikyu
Dr. Stone
Saiki
Black Clover
Hinomaru Zumou
Yuragi
The Promised Neverland ※ Color
My Hero Academia
Golem Hearts
Lycopene the Tomatoy Poodle
Boruto ※ Color
Full Drive
Shudan ※ Color
Robot X LASERBEAM
Gintama
Cross Account
Spring Weapon No 1
Shokugeki no Soma
Lycopene the Tomatoy Poodle

No. 52
Cover: One Piece※ 101 Luffys
Color : Robot X LASERBEAM, Hinomaru Zumou,

Last edited:

Caiops

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
RobotxLaserbeam color page next week. YEAH.

Nothing new about Yuragi anime?

Mr.Fujimaster

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
WNL in first surprised me.
It's good to see that Robot x Laserbeam will get color page next week, well deserved.
Souma at the bottom is the saddest part of ToC.

Last edited:

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Boruto has a cover, not Kimetsu.

Mr.Fujimaster

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Nothing new about Yuragi anime?
Probably on Thursday or Friday when the chapter raws come out.
I really want the information about the anime. We'll have more information on this issue.

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
:-_- When will Tsukuda realize nobody give a crap about Eizan:no:no:no

Scruffy8642

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I wonder if Viz will put Boruto on the English Shonen Jump cover since they don't run Yaiba yet in Jump
Boruto IS on the cover this issue... Kimetsu isn’t, its just a lead colour.

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
*Prepares to have his own post deleted*

If I was still moderator over this forum, I would delete so many posts for being border-line nonsense one-liners with no actual content. Like express an actual opinion y'all (you know, one that doesn't solely consist of "my bad," you're wrong," disgraceful," or whatever. What's the point of wasting space with a comment that could be expressed with a "like" and wasting space making a one or two word comment that doesn't add to any ongoing conversion? Those types of posts are boring and kill/stifle any potentially interesting discussion.

But fuck me, I'm an old-head at this point yelling pointlessly into a boring abyss.

razerxs

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Republic
I missed a bit of news earlier.

Gintama is getting a second live action movie.

The first closed at $33,269,878. That makes it the 3rd highest grossing 2017 film in Japan, actually from Japan.

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
Amazing for We Never Learn; really good for Saiki and Dr. Stone (even though it frequently gets in the top 2); fair placement for Yuragi (although I'd like to see it higher); Cross Account surprisingly not in the last spot or two (even though third last still isn't great).

Soma in dead last shocked me since it has an anime adaptation currently airing. Even if this arc is dragging, I didn't think they would put it all the way in the bottom. Hopefully this whole Azami stuff wraps up ASAP and we can get back to something else.

Spring Weapon never seems to be in last place. It's always near the bottom, but somehow manages to have a buffer that prevents it from hitting last place. This series is truly a lucky one!

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Soma in the last place just looks weird, especially with it's anime airing right now.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
There are a lot of mysteries in life and stuff. One of those mysteries is how Spring Weapon No. 1 has survived. How did it do it? What's the master plan of the midget smug mc? So many questions... it doesn't help that it isn't being translated either, maybe it's amazing.

Good to see Kimetsu with a lead CP, it deserves it. Looking forward to the Neverland CP as well, they're almost always great.

Dr. Stone continues to do very well, which pleases me, interesting to see how the writer for Eyeshield 21 took a 7 year break and when he finally returned he managed to get another hit. It's also interesting how Shueisha managed to get Boichi to do the art, I wonder if he was the first choice or they knew they couldn't get anyone else on his level. Still, I wonder how Shueisha managed to get an artist that currently also does a weekly publication for Kodansha. It's pretty wreckless to take 2 weekly serializations head on. The only other mangaka that I can think of that has such an intense schedule is Akiko Higashimura, she always has 3-5 serializations on-going at the same time, but they're all monthly ones I think, check out her Manben manga documentary to see how intense things get for her when deadlines approach. I can't help but wonder if Boichi will be fine, he did a Q&A on his website and I remember seeing him say that sometimes nightmare scenarios happened because of the 2 weekly deadlines he has to deal with. I won't be surprised if he gives up on one of the 2, and if he has to choose, he'll definetely stick to the more popular one.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
BLack Clover at the top 5 and Shuudan color page, today is a really good day.

Poor Food Wars. Kuga should have won

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
There are a lot of mysteries in life and stuff. One of those mysteries is how Spring Weapon No. 1 has survived. How did it do it? What's the master plan of the midget smug mc? So many questions... it doesn't help that it isn't being translated either, maybe it's amazing.
I'm not too sure myself. I've only read the first 3 chapters from Viz's website, and I personally thought it was fairly funny in a cute and absurd way. From what I've seen, there's a lot more of these zany robots that've been introduced since then, so maybe it's popular-ish with younger readers. I get Samon vibes from it in regards to seeing people questioning how it lasted as long as it did, but the magazine decided to extend it the benefit of the doubt and let it last for a respectable run. I'm curious whether Spring Weapon or Samon will end up being longer.

iceemperor

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
396249 1901888 O (OP)
125466 *399804 僕 (Heroaca)
*86570 *261291 食 (Soma)
*67628 *211988 約 (Neverland)
*66856 *217745 ド (Super)
*63986 *200272 B (Boruto)
*27661 **92184 ゆ (Yuuna)