Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 748 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamen Rider Dragon

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
That was pretty lame for ANYC licensing announcements though, glad I only got a Saturday ticket instead of the full weekend even though I'm just going for the games anyway
I was going to to get a Sunday ticket, but still not sure.

Tamil

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Takeshi chapter is out

Caiops

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So glad America continues to have excellent taste in mangas, One Piece booted off the block for continued greatness from Shippuden, HxH, and now, BLack Clover, Im glad it gets to air with my other fav shippuden.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ill never forget when people doubted me when I said BLack Clover would be as big as Naruto. It has and is happening.
So glad America continues to have excellent taste in mangas, One Piece booted off the block for continued greatness from Shippuden, HxH, and now, BLack Clover, Im glad it gets to air with my other fav shippuden.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ill never forget when people doubted me when I said BLack Clover would be as big as Naruto. It has and is happening.
I doubt Peter Jackson isn't already trying to get the film rights of Black Clover, he knows its gonna be the next Lord of the Rings, thats gonna win the Best Picture of Oscar, for sure.

Oda is probably trembling in fear, the next manga who's gonna sell 4 million per volume has come

Scruffy8642

Reaction score
Country
Australia
People tweeting the author before the chapter’s even out smh... poor dude.

iceemperor

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Dang, rabid fans going after Tsukuda on Twitter. I wonder how Japan is taking it

Japan doesn't even have the chapter and won't have the chapter for another 2 days. This just works against the western community. Only a small group of people even know the chapter's out abroad and they belong to the cynical part of the Japanese online community. Soma is already being bashed online in Japan as being carried by the art and having no substance so the online, or at least the 5ch and matome site reaction will not take this week's contents nicely, though you can't really take their reaction as indicative of the general reaction.

OfficialHxH

Reaction score
Country
United States
Damn that's harsh.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's bullshit, I hate when brainless fans do that shit. When Yonkou used to spoil for FT they did the same with Mashima. There's no good that comes from that, who cares about the content. This Food Wars chapter really triggered people, same as in the thread.

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I've said this in the chapter thread, but I'd like to ask here as well.... How would you guys like it if this Azami saga changed the Shokugekis into something closer to Cutthroat Kitchen's format? Honestly, even if it does straight up rip off from the show, at least readers will have something look forward to, and that is the crazy sabotages the author can come up with.

shoyoboyo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dang, rabid fans going after Tsukuda on Twitter. I wonder how Japan is taking it

> @PATISSIERMOMO is complaining that Megumi lost
Oh the irony.

That being said, I was largely disappointed in the chapter, so I understand where those people are coming from. Not like Tsukuda actually cares what the filthy gaijin think though lmao

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
> @PATISSIERMOMO is complaining that Megumi lost
Oh the irony.

That being said, I was largely disappointed in the chapter, so I understand where those people are coming from. Not like Tsukuda actually cares what the filthy gaijin think though lmao
I also wasn't a fan of this chapter (or this arc for that matter), but at the very least people should wait until the chapter actually becomes available where it's supposed to be published. Complaining to the author about a pre-release scanlated chapter is majorly in poor taste

Kamen Rider Dragon

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Guess that is a spoiler, though not surprising. What did people expect? Soma's group were not going to sweep twice in a row because it would make the Elite 10 look like a joke and they certainly not to have Soma lose, Eizan was designed jobber and Somei has won already. People need to calm down. You can express dissatisfaction without looking like an ass.

I've said this in the chapter thread, but I'd like to ask here as well.... How would you guys like it if this Azami saga changed the Shokugekis into something closer to Cutthroat Kitchen's format? Honestly, even if it does straight up rip off from the show, at least readers will have something look forward to, and that is the crazy sabotages the author can come up with.
That might be fun, but the series wants to do the 1v1 battle shonen thing with a hint of teamwork for this battle.

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Who cares SnS is going to end pretty soon if it ranks this poorly and sales aren't doing the best. Shokugeki's lost their impact a long time ago and just become redundant/predictable.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Complaining to the author about a pre-release scanlated chapter is majorly in poor taste
Are you sure people actually know its a pre-release scan ???

Silverblade

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Are you sure people actually know its a pre-release scan ???
Often people lack even basic knowledge like that because the western audience is quite lazy and ignorant in general despite all information being just one google search away.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Anyone know if Cross Account is close to ending or not, it seems like a dead series to me.

Mr.Fujimaster

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Anyone know if Cross Account is close to ending or not, it seems like a dead series to me.
It seems that none of the girls have declared their love for the protagonist.
It's a bit difficult to know, since the current chapters are not translated.

Status
Not open for further replies.