Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 808 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElJin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Maybe everything BUT the hair colour? I agree with Tyvip, the face structure is almost exactly the same. Was not expecting it at all when I went to check out Hungry Joker for the first time. HJ dude is Asta with Blue hair and without the birds nest thingy on top. Not surprising considering Tabata’s same-face syndrome for female characters, though it’s not as prevalent for his males in BC at least.
Wow, I can't believe. I have experience with drawings because I work with art, and I can't literally see any similarity between Heidi and Asta (just eye color being green like I said).

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Wow, I can't believe. I have experience with drawings because I work with art, and I can't literally see any similarity between Heidi and Asta (just eye color being green like I said).
Tabata has a strong same-face syndrom.
Pink hair is Noelle, black hair is the yandere, blond hair guy is the fire lion sister, headphones is Jack the Ripper, wounded guy is the siscon, green hair is Noelle's cousin and blue hair is Asta who doesn't scream.

ElJin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Tabata has a strong same-face syndrom.
Pink hair is Noelle, black hair is the yandere, blond hair guy is the fire lion sister, headphones is Jack the Ripper, wounded guy is the siscon, green hair is Noelle's cousin and blue hair is Asta who doesn't scream.
I agree with you with the majority of characters, Tabata have this problem (even more with girls), my problem is just Heidi and Asta... They're nothing equal. You guys are asking for Tabata to change his art style if Heidi and Asta aren't different enough.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I think its fine to reuse chara designs from failed manga
Speaking of this, I really love when mangakas use characters from old series in the manga. Horikoshi do this A LOT, it's incredible. I'm just waiting some HJ character to appear in Black Clover.

Last edited:

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Karada Sagashi ended today on Jump Plus

they're pulling a Dragon Ball and it's getting a sequel in January called Karada Sagashi: Kai

My Hero Academia Lead CP
I was going to ask why did Hori put the color red in everyone design

then I remembered he's dying and bleeding and he have to do something with all the blood, very crafty

Nakurawari

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I think the red might be a reference to the new Star Wars movie, since red is the primary colour in the promotion for it. That's the only thing I can think of at least.

Speaking of the art though, I'm really glad that Horikoshi has started to do analog colouring occasionally. I think it looks better than his digital colouring.

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I thought all the red was so cp would go with the Christmas cover

but you explanation make way more sense

Tanzo

Reaction score
Country
United States
One Piece: World Seeker PS4 Game Announcement

My Hero Academia: The Movie Announcement

My Hero Academia Lead CP
Visual for the movie will be revealed at Jump Festa from that page.

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would love if Horikoshi also got to draw a poster for Marvel Infinity War in May

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Did you guys see the new Megaman game trailer?

kinda make me wish we had a great action robots manga but nope! we got fucking Spring Weapon, because what else can a robot do besides going to a fucking highschool

we had some pretty good robots/action oneshots recently like Million Kingdom and Poppy no Negai (I think if the authors duo ever serialize this it would be just as successful as Neverland)

anyway, I hope Made in Abyss success would lead to more manga around androids and robots because why not Jump? think of all the merch you can sell

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
For every success there is a failure that is overlooked. Where was all the praise for ATOM The Beginning anime?

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
For every success there is a failure that is overlooked. Where was all the praise for ATOM The Beginning anime?
Not much to praise, it was below mediocre. Speaking of Atom, I feel like Atom Boy is probably a good reason why we rarely get these kinds of characters.

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
there tons of failed battle manga about samurais and magic and exorcists

didn't stop the Jump from producing manga about these subjects

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
there tons of failed battle manga about samurais and magic and exorcists

didn't stop the Jump from producing manga about these subjects
True, I feel like maybe people didn't want to seem like they were copying such a legendary manga or something.

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
After reading the descriptions I think I'm more excited for Art Age than I am for Bozebeats.

Don't want another exorcist/demon fighting series. Plus I think Kimetsu No Yaiba already has that void covered in the magazine.

I agree with Mammo though. Really want a robot/mech battle serialization.

De La Croissant

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
After reading the descriptions I think I'm more excited for Art Age than I am for Bozebeats.

Don't want another exorcist/demon fighting series. Plus I think Kimetsu No Yaiba already has that void covered in the magazine.

I agree with Mammo though. Really want a robot/mech battle serialization.
Zippo!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Drawing robots in a weekly magazine must be a pain in the ass.

ruggia

Reaction score
Country
South Korea
Did you guys see the new Megaman game trailer?

kinda make me wish we had a great action robots manga but nope! we got fucking Spring Weapon, because what else can a robot do besides going to a fucking highschool

we had some pretty good robots/action oneshots recently like Million Kingdom and Poppy no Negai (I think if the authors duo ever serialize this it would be just as successful as Neverland)

anyway, I hope Made in Abyss success would lead to more manga around androids and robots because why not Jump? think of all the merch you can sell
I'm sure CoroCoro still has a few Megaman/Bomberman/Rockman spinoffs running :cheez

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
at the moment? I checkout Corocoro and Bessatsu Corocoro whenever I can, and unless I missed it they don't have any Megaman stuff

but there is a new manga called Game Warrior Bit or something which is about a mc that plays real life video game so maybe you're thinking of that?

also isn't Bomberman and Megaman different franchises from different developers? I wouldn't mind a manga like Bomberman tho, that anime was my childhood and I know a certain MH member that will like it too

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Speaking of this, I really love when mangakas use characters from old series in the manga. Horikoshi do this A LOT, it's incredible. I'm just waiting some HJ character to appear in Black Clover.
No bullshit, Hori ripped a couple characters like Uwabami, Gang Orca, etc. I agree with the criticism of the same face issue but BC fans should praise Studio Pierrot cause they did right and fixed this big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.