Hangout - Boku no Hero Academia Hangout Thread | Page 44 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

DyanSon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Should be All Might or Shiggy

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The character must be someone important. You don't waste a movie's plot and runtime on some side-character like Mina or Kaminari.
My guess it's either All Might, the new number 2, All For One or a previous One For All holder.

Arata

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
The character must be someone important. You don't waste a movie's plot and runtime on some side-character like Mina or Kaminari.
My guess it's either All Might, the new number 2, All For One or a previous One For All holder.
He also mentioned the movie would be featuring class 1A, so there is a chance that Mina or Kaminari is featured

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Uh........what ?

Actually it's usually the exact opposite. In films we tell stories original or marginal characters.

Certainly something as important as the past of Shigaraki should be explained in the manga.

iceemperor

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
The film honestly has to be pretty non-consequential so that people who haven't seen the movie don't get left out of the loop. Shiki was fine for OP as he was mentioned in passing and while what he did may be canon, it didn't have a huge effect on the main plot. Z was similar with the character being canon but the movie not. This character has to be important enough to get big focus in the debut movie but not so big that you have to know their past for some future events in the manga. The comment says that Class A will be featured and is written as more of class shenanigans and the like. Kaminari or Mina being featured in fine but you can't make a movie out of that. That's best left as an OVA. To make a big hit you need something even bigger. All Might and Shigaraki's past has to be in the manga as they're that important so Nana might be a contender.

Calbalacrab

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I expected Dabi and Toga to be there instead of Iida and Kaminari.
They are popular here but I guess not oversea lol

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking at the mha tag on tumblr people are exploding with the fanarts, like more so than in yakuza arc which obviously we know why. Seen so many Todoroki and Momo sweater arts and the sudden barrage of Kirishima and Mina arts lol. I wonder how Japs takes in slice of life chapters compared to westerners, they seem not to care too much about soft chapters like these compared to over here.

Also wanted to mention that 163 cemented this series as my favorite ongoing, like I was always into it but I'm REALLY into now, Hori does his characters exactly how I like and I'm a fan of it. My favorite series of all time (DBZ, Naruto, FT) regardless how you feel on the story and the entire cast of characters in a fishbowl these 3 have some crazy strong individuals characters, which is a huge factor of why I enjoyed all of them through the ups and downs. I'll give an example and I'm not trying to shit on it, but I've watched every Black Clover episode out so far; I'm aware its super generic w/ so many ideas pulled from other series (MHA is hella generic too, Naruto w/ super powers, rivals that grew up together, underdog MC) but I don't think the story is my biggest problem, it's the characters. 10 episodes in and I feel little attachment to any of them. Like I like Luck, Charmy, Yami is cool and so is space guy, but I'm not really attached to any. MHA just gives me this vibe of hype and enjoyment which leads to much more attachment to the characters, it adds to the story which I'm a fan of too. Once Deku teamed up w/ Tsuyu and Mineta and beat those fodder villains I was like "yeah Deku is my favorite". I've already supported the series but I think this might go down into my top 5 over Soul Eater and FMA when it's all said and done, hope Hori's health keeps up.

xAsum0x

Reaction score
Country
United States
You lost me on Fairy Tail

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
You lost me on Fairy Tail
:3c why I said "regardless how you feel" all these series have dope characters imo. HxH up there in my favs but started it way too late but the characters in that one is great too. Point is MHA is on the come up, I digged the interactions in this one.

Kocksmaw

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know about ya'll, but Momo in a turtleneck sweater with her hair down is something I never knew I needed until this day.

iceemperor

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock

Simply put, Horikoshi says that for a while now, he's been looking towards the final battle. He says the story isn't anywhere close to this end but he's planting the seeds for this final battle. He says that in order to slowly reach this end he wants to continuously increase the "heat" and build up to that end.

Its possible that Heroaca might actually end within the next 2-3 years.

Kocksmaw

Reaction score
Country
United States
If we're nowhere close to the end at this point in time, I think MHA ending in 2-3 years would be too sudden?

But that's just me. Would love to hear other's thoughts on this.

Nakurawari

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I wouldn't mind it ending in the next few years, but I think it'll be a bit longer than that. I definitely disagree with people who think it'll be as long as Naruto or Bleach. I'm glad to hear that he's already planning for the end.

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Simply put, Horikoshi says that for a while now, he's been looking towards the final battle. He says the story isn't anywhere close to this end but he's planting the seeds for this final battle. He says that in order to slowly reach this end he wants to continuously increase the "heat" and build up to that end.

I honestly doubt Jump would let it end that soon. This is perhaps their biggest moneymaker right after OP. This is their future. Somewhere around 8-10 years like FT seems to be about right for me.

Nakurawari

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
If they let Assassination Classroom end before 200 chapters, then I really can't see them preventing Horikoshi from ending the series when he wants to too.

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Except that AssClass had a bunch of niche fans, whereas MHA is even more mainstream. Knowing Jump, they're going to want MHA last a long time in people's memories, and to do that they'd have to keep it going for at least 8 years. Exactly 10 years for me, is about the right amount of length. Simply put, Jump most definitely wants this to define a generation of Jump readers. Just like how its predecessors have done.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’d like 7-8, series should no where be near Bleach or Naruto, the world is small and an arc to America or outside Japan seems more doubtful than likely. Just hope my n***a Hori doesn’t let the series degrade with stupid shit that doesn’t do anything for the story, like shipping or the power system. That stuff is cool to discuss and play around with but I’ve seen people go the extreme with it in Naruto’s and FT’s fandom to point I wonder if people need help or real life love cause of how attached they are to a fictional couple. Keep it to the subtle and gradual stuff like in 163 and we’re good. I’m not too worried about the power scaling, there’s no Chakra or Ethernano in MHA so things are much more grounded where someone doesn’t feel shook by someone’s presence. Eri is in care so not worried about her.

Last edited:

Nakurawari

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
One's Justice Gameplay

Koi Kage

Reaction score
Country
United States

Your estimation sounds about right especially given how the plot of the series is progressing since some of the readers think the characters are in their second year anyway(which in my opinion they should be but that's neither here nor there). I know some readers don't want an extended time skip but one is coming pretty soon, in my opinion, from how this arc seems to be setting up which could throw the series into endgame territory. Though personally I think that possible length is closer to the 2 year mark then 3 Horikoshi could possible stretch it to the three but the story may start experiencing the plot dragging.
I’d like 7-8, series should no where be near Bleach or Naruto, the world is small and an arc to America or outside Japan seems more doubtful than likely. Just hope my n***a Hori doesn’t let the series degrade with stupid shit that doesn’t do anything for the story, like shipping or the power system. That stuff is cool to discuss and play around with but I’ve seen people go the extreme with it in Naruto’s and FT’s fandom to point I wonder if people need help or real life love cause of how attached they are to a fictional couple. Keep it to the subtle and gradual stuff like in 163 and we’re good. I’m not too worried about the power scaling, there’s no Chakra or Ethernano in MHA so things are much more grounded where someone doesn’t feel shook by someone’s presence. Eri is in care so not worried about her.
In my opinion there is "power scaling" in this series by looking back at the villains that have been fought against by Deku: around 50 fodder characters surrounding Deku during the USJ invasion, Stain was leagues higher then the USJ villains Deku for all intent and purposes won with help, which in my opinion probably wasn't Horikoshi's first choice in how that fight went down but I have no proof so it doesn't matter, Muscular who I believe is way strong a villain then stain and Deku still won through deus ex machina plot power, and then we have the newest addition to the roster in Overhaul who if given the chance could almost certainly defeat AFO in combat with his seemingly all powerful quirk and was only defeated thanks to the walking deus ex machina Eri that allowed Deku to win. Eri's very existence in my opinion hurts the series just because you have a case where at any moment Horikoshi could puller back into the story to fix what ever major injury the Heroes could acquire in the near future
One's Justice Gameplay
This maybe just the PV or the fact I don't often play fighter games, but the controlling of the characters look really stiff and delayed between the actions the characters preform. This is just personal opinion but I don't like the way the background look it's kind of flat border line cardboard cut out like.