Request - Delete my account | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Request Delete my account

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I want someone to delete my account. Since I want to go back to go back to being a silent reader and I don't want to deal with toxic fandoms any more.

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
I want someone to delete my account. Since I want to go back to go back to being a silent reader and I don't want to deal with toxic fandoms any more.
Delete your account?? :gwah
Why would you want that:arf
I mean , waddya mean by toxic fandoms?

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
Delete your account?? :gwah
Why would you want that:arf
I mean , waddya mean by toxic fandoms?
What I meant by toxic fandoms I meant comments from other users.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Why not log out?
I rather have the account deleted since I'm quitting forums so I can go back to being a silent reader and I can't duel with toxic comments any more since their effecting mu mood.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Also I have no interest in forums anymore.

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay
What I meant by toxic fandoms I meant comments from other users.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I rather have the account deleted since I'm quitting forums so I can go back to being a silent reader and I can't duel with toxic comments any more since their effecting mu mood.
Admins dont delete accounts unless it is an extremely severe and rare case which requires that action, so the only option, and easiest, would be simply log out as demon said.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
Admins dont delete accounts unless it is an extremely severe and rare case which requires that action, so the only option, and easiest, would be simply log out as demon said.
Look the real reason I started my account was because so could let my step brother know about what went on in Fairy Tail manga since he only watch’s the anime.

Last edited:

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
As others have stated, we don't delete accounts due to various reasons including technical ones. If one can't resist the urge to log in and reply to posts, I suppose they could simply register a new account and do the same which wouldn't solve the problem anyway. I can change your password to something random if you want but the permanent solution is to ignore anything that bothers you.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
As others have stated, we don't delete accounts due to various reasons including technical ones. If one can't resist the urge to log in and reply to posts, I suppose they could simply register a new account and do the same which wouldn't solve the problem anyway. I can change your password to something random if you want but the permanent solution is to ignore anything that bothers you.
Just a question born from curiosity: In what ways does removing accounts from the database cause issues? Does it disrupt forum traffic metrics or something?

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Just a question born from curiosity: In what ways does removing accounts from the database cause issues? Does it disrupt forum traffic metrics or something?
Basically if an add-on keeps its own records and refers to user information in its own tables, when a user is deleted, it may potentially cause database errors when the corresponding record is processed by the add-on. We have quite a lot of add-ons installed and not all add-on authors are careful enough to take such issues into account. Rather than spending our time on finding out the source of such problems and fixing them, we simply refrain from deleting users to avoid them in the first place, especially if it's a longtime member with lots of activity on the forum.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Basically if an add-on keeps its own records and refers to user information in its own tables, when a user is deleted, it may potentially cause database errors when the corresponding record is processed by the add-on. We have quite a lot of add-ons installed and not all add-on authors are careful enough to take such issues into account. Rather than spending our time on finding out the source of such problems and fixing them, we simply refrain from deleting users to avoid them in the first place, especially if it's a longtime member with lots of activity on the forum.
This makes more sense to me than I first thought it would. I mean, are these addons even editable through open source or something? Even if they were I don't think it would be worth the trouble.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
This makes more sense to me than I first thought it would. I mean, are these addons even editable through open source or something? Even if they were I don't think it would be worth the trouble.
Yes, they're PHP scripts and source code is therefore visible and fully editable but it's no joy to go through someone else's code and make necessary changes, so it's usually easier to avoid deleting user records unless there's a very good reason to do so.