I know love. The convenience store was selling it. For 298 yen. | Page 203 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

I know love. The convenience store was selling it. For 298 yen.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
The series wasn't received that well, I think. A second season would be a stretch.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yes but I really want to see that animated. My heart went doki doki.
At least the novel will get a western release starting in may.

Also welcome back.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
A lot of stuff would make go doki doki.
That reminds me, I need to start reading Horimiya-san again.

Tadaima.

Reactions: Sky

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yes but they had sex and SHE wanted it. He had no chance to say no. We all need such a girl in our lifes.
Err I mean... That confession scene looked so cute!

How have you been? This thread has been lonely.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Calm down, brother.
I will toss her your way if I run into such a girl. Sharing is important.

* Finished Grisaia no Kajitsu. Yet to play sequels. 105h final play time.
* Here is an anime evaluation list I made for Hank:

Early season heaven:
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san (nice middle school comedy-romance, something like Tonari no Seki-kun shorts, in a sense, as it's about desk-neighbour students)
Citrus (gotta say it could not be for all people as the kissing has been pretty intense so far by shoujo ai tag standards - yes, they have already kissed)
Overlord II (Shalltear \o/)
Hakumei to Mikochi (slice of life about two "little" humans in a tiny world setup, healing anime as of first episode)
Koi wa Ameagari no You ni (hard to describe, but it's about a high schooler's crush on a much older guy, but first episode seemed like a good catch)
Violet Evergarden (super hyped series of the season, can be good if you enjoy awkward lead characters)
Yuru Camp (as the title suggests, a laidback camping anime, consider it a long version of Yama no Susume if you heard of that)
Sora yori mo Tooi Basho (story about highschoolers trying to get to Antarctica, interesting premise and characters are likable)

Early season limbo:
Kokkoku (first episode was an interesting sci-fi about a power to stop time and space, can be good or go downhill)
Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku (classic get into RPG world setup, but hey, the MC is a programmer of the game himself)
Dagashi Kashi 2 (too bad this S2 is getting half-length episodes, losing so much power)
Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu (not much happened in this S2 opener)
Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens (lots of assassins involved in the first episode, but some of the characters felt a tad off, still can be good later)
Ryuuou no Oshigoto! (shogi anime, but not as dramatic as 3-gatsu no Lion, which I haven't caught up with despite being better)

Early season hell:
Beatless (sci-fi stuff, thought this could be Chobits-like, but characters were kinda bad)
Märchen Mädchen (wandering into a magical world and joining an academy of theirs, been there done that)
Slow Start (school anime with four girls doing little, not that bad, but this hasn't been a must-watch level by any means so far)
Ito Junji: Collection (thought this would be some scary stuff, but it has been mostly gore at most, and comical at times)
Mitsuboshi Colors (grade schooler girls trying to protect the peace in a peaceful city, mostly boring kids stuff)
Takunomi (boarding house resident women, not sure what it aims to be, but mostly bland in the first episode)

* Have been working more lately.

How about you?

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Calm down, brother.
I will toss her your way if I run into such a girl. Sharing is important.

* Finished Grisaia no Kajitsu. Yet to play sequels. 105h final play time.
* Here is an anime evaluation list I made for Hank:

Early season heaven:
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san (nice middle school comedy-romance, something like Tonari no Seki-kun shorts, in a sense, as it's about desk-neighbour students)
Citrus (gotta say it could not be for all people as the kissing has been pretty intense so far by shoujo ai tag standards - yes, they have already kissed)
Overlord II (Shalltear \o/)
Hakumei to Mikochi (slice of life about two "little" humans in a tiny world setup, healing anime as of first episode)
Koi wa Ameagari no You ni (hard to describe, but it's about a high schooler's crush on a much older guy, but first episode seemed like a good catch)
Violet Evergarden (super hyped series of the season, can be good if you enjoy awkward lead characters)
Yuru Camp (as the title suggests, a laidback camping anime, consider it a long version of Yama no Susume if you heard of that)
Sora yori mo Tooi Basho (story about highschoolers trying to get to Antarctica, interesting premise and characters are likable)

Early season limbo:
Kokkoku (first episode was an interesting sci-fi about a power to stop time and space, can be good or go downhill)
Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku (classic get into RPG world setup, but hey, the MC is a programmer of the game himself)
Dagashi Kashi 2 (too bad this S2 is getting half-length episodes, losing so much power)
Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu (not much happened in this S2 opener)
Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens (lots of assassins involved in the first episode, but some of the characters felt a tad off, still can be good later)
Ryuuou no Oshigoto! (shogi anime, but not as dramatic as 3-gatsu no Lion, which I haven't caught up with despite being better)

Early season hell:
Beatless (sci-fi stuff, thought this could be Chobits-like, but characters were kinda bad)
Märchen Mädchen (wandering into a magical world and joining an academy of theirs, been there done that)
Slow Start (school anime with four girls doing little, not that bad, but this hasn't been a must-watch level by any means so far)
Ito Junji: Collection (thought this would be some scary stuff, but it has been mostly gore at most, and comical at times)
Mitsuboshi Colors (grade schooler girls trying to protect the peace in a peaceful city, mostly boring kids stuff)
Takunomi (boarding house resident women, not sure what it aims to be, but mostly bland in the first episode)

* Have been working more lately.

How about you?
Sorry sorry... The nosebleed suddenly started. I couldn't help it.
I do agree but she would be 3D, no?

Not watching that much yet so:
Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen: Another piece of my childhood has been revived. It is so weird that the VA are still the same.
Citrus: Hell yes.
Dagashi Kashi 2 - New and rather lazy looking art style and only half as long. I am quite disappointed.
Gintama: Well it is Gintama.
Nanatsu no Taizai: Well I know the Manga. The demons look really weird to me. Not a fan of the coloring.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Sorry sorry... The nosebleed suddenly started. I couldn't help it.
I do agree but she would be 3D, no?

Not watching that much yet so:
Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen: Another piece of my childhood has been revived. It is so weird that the VA are still the same.
Citrus: Hell yes.
Dagashi Kashi 2 - New and rather lazy looking art style and only half as long. I am quite disappointed.
Gintama: Well it is Gintama.
Nanatsu no Taizai: Well I know the Manga. The demons look really weird to me. Not a fan of the coloring.
2D, 3D, doesn't matter, I will assist you well.

Dagashi Kashi is indeed disappointing. Nanatsu, well, I'll watch for Ban & King & Hawk. I don't read the manga, so I don't know much.
Agreed on Citrus.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Citrus is so hawt. I love that the gyaru is the plaything of the stoic one.

Yeah I was really looking forward to it. The mix of whacky chars, nice SoL and candy advertising was surprisingly fun. Now we only have the latter and parts of the first.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Citrus is so hawt. I love that the gyaru is the plaything of the stoic one.

Yeah I was really looking forward to it. The mix of whacky chars, nice SoL and candy advertising was surprisingly fun. Now we only have the latter and parts of the first.
It's more like the stoic one is a mess herself. I'd love to see some more emotions.
Also, Harumin best girl.

If less episode time will keep translating into less screen time for Saya and Tou, this will go downhill pretty quickly. Hotaru is not really my favourite character.
On another note, watch Gakuen Babysitters. A true healing potion.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
IOn another note, watch Gakuen Babysitters. A true healing potion.
I know, right? But he didn't want to watch it because the poster had too many "bishounen" on the cover...

It's not... completely realistic I think, in multiple ways, but I guess I can't compare a professional daycare to some club at school to help the parents. That one guy is absolutely horrible though, sleeping while most of the other kids are awake? That's a big fat no-go, at least as long as you're alone in the room. Even then it's still a no-go and most likely would get you kicked out. It's probably my only real issue with the show, because it's played for laughs and the other characters handle that behaviour way too lightly.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
* rubs his eyes *

Nice to meet you, Naked Apron Senpai.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Heh. Someone went google translator on me.
But this did interest me way more. You? A Kumagawa set? Nande?

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Nah, I know what it means because of an OST track.
I've always been a Kumagawa fan, I thought you knew. When I changed my set I felt like going for something I rarely use, so I decided to go for this old classic :D

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
I know, right? But he didn't want to watch it because the poster had too many "bishounen" on the cover...

It's not... completely realistic I think, in multiple ways, but I guess I can't compare a professional daycare to some club at school to help the parents. That one guy is absolutely horrible though, sleeping while most of the other kids are awake? That's a big fat no-go, at least as long as you're alone in the room. Even then it's still a no-go and most likely would get you kicked out. It's probably my only real issue with the show, because it's played for laughs and the other characters handle that behaviour way too lightly.
Well, I had the same impression myself, so, can't really blame him, although it has got nothing to do with bishounen in the end.
Kotarou and Kirin are simply too cute.

You mean the caretaker sleeping? You are looking into it way too professionally, I think. If we are going to nitpick, though, I'd say letting Taka run rampant in the zoo by himself was as big of a crime, if not bigger, since they are in a completely unknown environment.
In the end, I think it achieves what it seems to be aiming towards. This season is fine in terms of slice of life, if not anything else.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Nah, I know what it means because of an OST track.
I've always been a Kumagawa fan, I thought you knew. When I changed my set I felt like going for something I rarely use, so I decided to go for this old classic :D
Otaku powers. Should have known.

The sig is awesome. Anshin'in-san looks like she wants to break the 4th wall already.
So now we are... Set-brothers... Heh.
Can you really blame me? Seriously?

Reactions: Nii

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, I had the same impression myself, so, can't really blame him, although it has got nothing to do with bishounen in the end.
Kotarou and Kirin are simply too cute.

You mean the caretaker sleeping? You are looking into it way too professionally, I think. If we are going to nitpick, though, I'd say letting Taka run rampant in the zoo by himself was as big of a crime, if not bigger, since they are in a completely unknown environment.
In the end, I think it achieves what it seems to be aiming towards. This season is fine in terms of slice of life, if not anything else.
Well granted this is aimed more towards women, because women usually have more interest in little kids. In that regard I can't really fault the series, it just tries to attract the crowd that's most easy to get interested. But never judge a book by it's cover, in the end you did give it a try exactly because of that. Ep 2 already had a "cute" female and I see another in the OP, so it's not like Sky has noting to look at :amuse
I agree on Kotarou and Kirin :wtf

Well maybe I am, but I still think it's an asshole thing to do. Even if, let's say, you look after some of your friend's kids (so no professional environment) you wouldn't just go to sleep because they are kids, and kids tend to do dumb stuff because they don't know better. Especially kids from age 1-3.
It just really bugs me, especially considering this guy does get paid for looking after the kids, too. Not like it's a big deal, I still enjoy the show quite a bit, but it made me dislike the guy already.
Oh and yeah, letting Taka out of his sight at the zoo is worse in a sense, but there it simply was a short moment of carelessnes, not willingly going to sleep. Granted if something had happened that would've spelled a lot of trouble for him.

But true, the show is enjoyable and heart-warming.

Otaku powers. Should have known.

The sig is awesome. Anshin'in-san looks like she wants to break the 4th wall already.
So now we are... Set-brothers... Heh.

Can you really blame me? Seriously?
Well you used the same, right? It gave me a good chuckle when I saw you naming yourself Kukyo, so chuuni :toc

Thanks, I like your set too :blush
Not for long I think, but yeah, I guess this is the most similar we ever were ;)

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
I'd have never guessed myself saying this, but, I kinda miss Sky's Rem avy, even though she is not a favourite character of mine.

Well granted this is aimed more towards women, because women usually have more interest in little kids. In that regard I can't really fault the series, it just tries to attract the crowd that's most easy to get interested. But never judge a book by it's cover, in the end you did give it a try exactly because of that. Ep 2 already had a "cute" female and I see another in the OP, so it's not like Sky has noting to look at :amuse
I agree on Kotarou and Kirin :wtf

Well maybe I am, but I still think it's an asshole thing to do. Even if, let's say, you look after some of your friend's kids (so no professional environment) you wouldn't just go to sleep because they are kids, and kids tend to do dumb stuff because they don't know better. Especially kids from age 1-3.
It just really bugs me, especially considering this guy does get paid for looking after the kids, too. Not like it's a big deal, I still enjoy the show quite a bit, but it made me dislike the guy already.
Oh and yeah, letting Taka out of his sight at the zoo is worse in a sense, but there it simply was a short moment of carelessnes, not willingly going to sleep. Granted if something had happened that would've spelled a lot of trouble for him.

But true, the show is enjoyable and heart-warming.
My initial thought was that sort of attraction was going to be emphasized heavily, leaving kids as nothing but background decorations, but having read the synopsis twice, I thought maybe it was a false impression, and I was right to doubt myself.
I thought Sky was a person of moe. If these adorable kids do not warm you heart, you can't possibly be a person of moe. Also, Inomata is indeed a tsun tsun dere tsun.

I get your point. He's an eccentric guy, but it's in line with his character, I guess. Like, in episode two, there was this small talk that implied he himself was a genius looking for chances to slack off. I wouldn't be surprised if he's later revealed to be still secretly overseeing stuff around him while pretending to be sleeping 24/7. For some reason, I don't believe that principal would hire him if not for that kind of awareness.

But until such a development occurs, yeah, he seems to be way too carefree. Even the most irresponsible person would look a bit more alert than that while surrounded by a bunch of little kids xD

Reactions: Nii

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'd have never guessed myself saying this, but, I kinda miss Sky's Rem avy, even though she is not a favourite character of mine.

I thought Sky was a person of moe. If these adorable kids do not warm you heart, you can't possibly be a person of moe. Also, Inomata is indeed a tsun tsun dere tsun.
Daaaaw.
Though I guess you are just not used to me having a male set.

Well I do have a loli shogi Anime on my list.