Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 368 Discussion / 369 Predictions | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 368 Discussion / 369 Predictions

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Honestly, I think you or another frequent poster on here was right when they said that FUG could end up being the good guys. It seems like SIU is trending that way and setting up the narrative that Zahard's empire and the 10 Families are worse. We haven't seen much of them but a lot of characters we have run into have had reasons to hate the 10 Families. Not all of them are warranted but it doesn't sound like their regime is good. I am sure this comes back to the path Baam has to walk and hwa ryun's comment about it being a new path.
Wasn't me. I think both Zahard Empire and FUG are bad guys.

I'm with @shaheer. I think Baam will end up forming his own group and those will be the good guys. Which will probably draw people from both sides and defeat both the Slayers and Zahard.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Things are not black and white like that. It's a conflict of interests. FUG wants to kill Zahards and his companions and for this they do anything. I don't believe that SIU will paint Zahard as bad and V as good either. It's too simple. Especially with Garam's story which makes me think about certain things. Where was he when Zahard killed his kid? Did he seriously expect Arlen to follow what he said and join the others? Why did he not try avenge his son? Plus it's so lame for such a legend to kill himself like that. I know for sure that Baam would never do that.

There is no way I can believe V was some kind of absolute good right now. At least we know that Zahard was a boy with good intentions who got corrupted, but I think V had an evil side from the beginning. This guy is fishy.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Agreed.

Though I'm even more untrusting. I'm not sure about Arlene's motives either. I mean, Garam out and out said she was completely insane. I'm no expert but I feel like when insane people bring people back from the dead they usually don't have the best of intentions.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Agreed.

Though I'm even more untrusting. I'm not sure about Arlene's motives either. I mean, Garam out and out said she was completely insane. I'm no expert but I feel like when insane people bring people back from the dead they usually don't have the best of intentions.
The plan seems to sort of have been to have bam revived so that he may dethrone zahard via ass kicking. It's a grey area enough when you revive your baby's corpse so that he fights a way which you lost, ideally a parent does not want a child to do that. That said, this is a potentially already insane arlen that had already been driven to the edge by the sheer amount of bullshit which had already transpired.

HonArie

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Comparing the family heads gets pretty difficult because a lot of them have different specialties. The rankings are supposed to give a general idea of who is stronger. But in different situations and different teams it probably changes things a lot.

Arie Hon is a Fisherman(close to mid range fighter) which is what most of the top rankers are. He's the best swordsman in the tower and the strongest fighter among the 10 family heads.

In terms of Spear Bearers(long range fighters) Eduan is the strongest behind Enryu. Supposedly when he pairs up with Hendo Lok Bloodmadder, who is a Defender, they are invincible. So basically if Eduan has a tank protecting him he's monstrous.

Blossom is actually a Wave Controller(support caster essentially). The second strongest behind Baek Ryun who is the guy currently running Wing Tree and Mazino's best friend.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And some more fun facts about Eurasia Blossom. She's famous for being lazy. Has a child's appearance. And the princess that went crazy due to the 10 month series trap Enne Zahard was her and Gustav's love child. Which can only mean one thing...

Where did you get the idea that Baek is stronger than Blossom? He is just self-taught. Just like Blossom and the other Irregaulars are. Is it due to his ranking?

Also, another note.
The top 5 is probably the most accurate ranking.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
In the ranker's ranking Arie Hon is at 5th place, Eduan is 6th and Blossom is 13th.
Rankings of the family heads is harder to guage because they probably have never fought since the civil war, if they even took part. Hon's fight against Urek was a test. Not very reliable. Eduan has probably been the most active in that regard since he enjoys fighting and stated if anyone defeats him, he'll hand over his family. So, I'm sure people have probably seen a glimpse of his strength more than the others, even if the challengers are rare occasions.

Just as I believe Zahard is stronger than Enryu.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
I do believe Zahard is currently the antagonist but not a villian. In a sense he is used to push the story forward as an opposition. Zahard doesn't seem 'evil' per se.

Ripcord

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not so sure about that.

I mean, the obvious chain of events would be like this right?

1. Zahard and his comrades reach the 135th floor.
  2. The Guardians offer them all immortality and ruler ship of the tower as long as they stop climbing.
  3. Zahard and the 10 Family heads accept that but Alrene and V reject it.

That would be the most obvious way for this whole thing to go down but there are a number inconsistencies with the things we know.

The source of immortality is a contract with the Guardians. And Arlene was immortal too. Meaning whatever the deal Zahard and the 10 Family heads agreed too. She did too. If she was with V and he wouldn't do it. Why would she do that?

Why were Arlene and V so dead set on continuing the climb? If they just wanted to raise a family that's not the way to do that. I get the desire for freedom and all that but the Tower is not exactly a hellscape. And why is the organization born of his rebellion FUG so evil in everything they do?

Why did Zahard scatter and hide the key to the tower like he did instead of destroying or protecting it himself. It's not like he lacks confidence in his own abilities. So why the deception?

Then there is this data Zahard. Why did he quite suddenly change from chunni adventurer to tyrannical king? Why did he suddenly view his friends as enemies and try to eliminate them. This is a data world. He knows that. What's the point in conquering this place? What does he gain by doing that other than spending an eternity alone?
I think the main reason data Zahard erased his companions is to protect “it” since all of them together would pose a big threat to him. And I would guess that “it” poses a threat to Zahard in some way. Perhaps the real Zahard has an inkling that his old friends don’t like him and they’d try to steal “it” at some point... which is true, look at what Gustang is doing.

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
What interests me is how did YHS know about V? I doubt even fug slayers know about V. Baam never heard about arlene or V and he is one of the slayer candidates. YHS wasn't even one of the main Fug guys when he entered the mirror world yet he knows so much.

Brian Taboada

Reaction score
Country
United States
What interests me is how did YHS know about V? I doubt even fug slayers know about V. Baam never heard about Arlene or V and he is one of the slayer candidates. YHS wasn't even one of the main Fug guys when he entered the mirror world yet he knows so much.
The only way I can make sense of this is if the members of FUG had roles to play and YHS role was to secretly prepare the way for Bam. This was likely kept a secret from all, including those in fug.

YHS is a mystery yet strong and calculating. Then we learn that as a low rank regular he knew so much more than rankers did about the tower history. Not sure if he is related to Grace Mirchea Luslec in some way, but he had to be chosen very early on for this mission of his life by him. I wonder now that the cat is out of the bag for Baam and friends, if we will see more of YHS in the upper floors.

HonArie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The only way I can make sense of this is if the members of FUG had roles to play and YHS role was to secretly prepare the way for Bam. This was likely kept a secret from all, including those in fug.

YHS is a mystery yet strong and calculating. Then we learn that as a low rank regular he knew so much more than rankers did about the tower history. Not sure if he is related to Grace Mirchea Luslec in some way, but he had to be chosen very early on for this mission of his life by him. I wonder now that the cat is out of the bag for Baam and friends, if we will see more of YHS in the upper floors.
Maybe YHS is a descendant to one of the people that aligned themselves with V and Arlen.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Where did you get the idea that Baek is stronger than Blossom? He is just self-taught. Just like Blossom and the other Irregaulars are. Is it due to his ranking?
Baek is ranked 9th. Blossom is ranked 13th.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I think Baek has greater influence than Blossom. Yuri is ranked way behind Evan but is in all certainty much more powerful than him. Baek might be much more talented in wave control than blossom because blossom is very less driven or so and thus didn't explore the capabilities as she should have, Gustang I think says so as well. In terms of knowledge, Gustang trumps all I believe.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Baek is a character I am very interested in. Because what little we know about him makes little to no sense at all. According to the information we have he was born in the middle area and learned shinsoo naturally. But learning shinsoo naturally isn't a thing. You either are an irregular who has permission to use it by default or a regular who relies on contracts for permission. At best you can be a member of the 10 families and have whatever permission members of the 10 families get.... So baek learning shinsoo on his own is a rather exceptional scenario. How did he get permission to use shinsoo before being a regular?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Baek is a character I am very interested in. Because what little we know about him makes little to no sense at all. According to the information we have he was born in the middle area and learned shinsoo naturally. But learning shinsoo naturally isn't a thing. You either are an irregular who has permission to use it by default or a regular who relies on contracts for permission. At best you can be a member of the 10 families and have whatever permission members of the 10 families get.... So baek learning shinsoo on his own is a rather exceptional scenario. How did he get permission to use shinsoo before being a regular?
He's an orphan supposedly right? I bet it has something to do with who his parents are.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
May be he was created by midoclorion like entities for shinsoo like anaken was born in star wars universe. Thus he was natural in shinsoo and those narrations about him might have much myth in it. His powers and influence is undisputed, Wing tree can go head to head with any of the 10 great family . And so far we have seen the strongest characters of the manga from WT, The full extent of the organization's power is totally unknown they are the only organization with 2 of its member in the top 10 of high rankers, and he is the leader.
But yeah i am very interested in him more than Urek, Urek is by default powerful he is irregular he can rip apart anyone cause havoc in tower if he wants because he is supposed to be that powerful, Baek is a strange case.

Brian Taboada

Reaction score
Country
United States
Every now and then, an anomaly is born. Someone who possess the talent or intelligence that exceeds those who sired him or even those around him. Sometimes the nature vs. nurture question plays into this too. Here is this orphan Baek who is living amount the forest and has a very special relationship with the forest. Did he learn to communicate with the forest? Did the forest tell him its secretes? This may make a good story someday. However, I already think the story of Baam in the Tower of God is complicated enough before diving into the lineage and development for every character mentioned in the series. I just accept who they say he is an move on even though Baek is a strange case.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
He's an orphan supposedly right? I bet it has something to do with who his parents are.
Yeah, this is a very strong possibility as well. But if he was an orphan from an important family then it is weird no one bothered to pick him up. Someone of baek' talents would be insanely valuable to any family. To me that at least opens up the possibility that he has a "last of his lineage" thing going on. I do think the most likely scenario is that he is simply from a former important family and his talents reflect that.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, this is a very strong possibility as well. But if he was an orphan from an important family then it is weird no one bothered to pick him up. Someone of baek' talents would be insanely valuable to any family. To me that at least opens up the possibility that he has a "last of his lineage" thing going on. I do think the most likely scenario is that he is simply from a former important family and his talents reflect that.
That would explain how he was able to manipulate shinsoo... since his family might have had a contract already. There have been examples of a branch family being targeted by the main family and this may be the case.

HonArie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Baek is ranked 9th. Blossom is ranked 13th.
If anything, Baek is ranked higher than her due to the influence he and Urek have in the tower than Bloossm. Like I've mentioned before the 10 heads barely do anything that showcases their power to even compare their strength yet. The person we know who is the most active among them in that regard - does it by giving tests that rarely takes place.

Seems to be the only plausible explanation that comes to mind.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
If anything, Baek is ranked higher than her due to the influence he and Urek have in the tower than Bloossm. Like I've mentioned before the 10 heads barely do anything that showcases their power to even compare their strength yet. The person we know who is the most active among them in that regard - does it by giving tests that rarely takes place.
Don't really see where your getting that assumption from. I mean, yeah his influence is a big deal but he is a wavecontroller and he is ranked higher than she is. And unlike her he's not immortal or one of the 10 family heads. So until we see otherwise I think we've got to take the rankings word for it on who's stronger than who.

There are exceptions obviously like Evan and Yuri but in that case Evan is a guide and Yuri is a fisherman. They have different roles so it's an apples to oranges comparison. Baek and Blossm hold the same role. So for them it's apples to apples.

That being said it wave controllers aren't the most powerful in a fight regardless. It's a support role.

HonArie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Don't really see where your getting that assumption from. I mean, yeah his influence is a big deal but he is a wavecontroller and he is ranked higher than she is. And unlike her he's not immortal or one of the 10 family heads. So until we see otherwise I think we've got to take the rankings word for it on who's stronger than who.

There are exceptions obviously like Evan and Yuri but in that case Evan is a guide and Yuri is a fisherman. They have different roles so it's an apples to oranges comparison. Baek and Blossm hold the same role. So for them it's apples to apples.

That being said it wave controllers aren't the most powerful in a fight regardless. It's a support role.
My assumptions do not scream otherworldly, Seems reasonable. You're leaning more on indiviudal strength than influence in regard to the rankings due to the number that is placed on them. Which is odd as Baek has no feats aside from being the most gifted regular at using Shinsoo. Not to mention his rank is more based on influence than power. Imo, it almost equates to stating Enne and Adori are stronger than a vast majority of the family heads with the exception of Hon and Eduan only alittle worse. Honestly looks like the rankings are more based on influence than power. Influence taken from either hyperbolic tales or factual tales, or a combination of both, and maybe some other things. Similar to one of the reasons as to why majority of slayers aren't within the top 10 or 17. It's because their influence isn't as great. Which is why I have no idea where you're getting this idea that he is stronger than her. I mean it's hard enough to gauge who is the second strongest among the 10 heads and the gap between one and other.

Well, Blossom isn't a typical wave controller, that would be more reasonable to say about Gustang. She's noted to be an aggressive type of wave controller, more of a fighting in the frontline type than the support role player seeing how it's claimed the others would steer clear of her way.

Based on what we know about Baek, he is one of the top 3 wave controllers in the tower. Probably a better wave controller than Blossom in terms of doing what the position requires the person to do. Therefore, being somewhat of a combination between Gustang and Blossom.

Last edited: