Discussion - The Official Relationship/Pairing/Shipping Thread | Page 133 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Official Relationship/Pairing/Shipping Thread

Why do you like your OTP?

• Total voters

azhasnts

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
Yeah I’m going with with Jinx said and say that Natsu is demisexual that leans towards the asexual side. Also even though that’s what the director of the first movie said it’s Mashima who has the say in what Natsu and Lucy’s relationship really is.
In fact, I also think the natsu can be demisexual, but he blushes with any other girl
yes, but it's a big point, he said "Natsu's feelings for Lucy have yet to be clearly depicted in the original work, but I had Mashima-sensei's consent to develop it a little in the movie. , which go a little beyond friendship, through his gaze and movement "

Reebi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I’m pretty sure the whole ‘sexually naïve’ thing that many shonen protagonists are written as having stems from the misinterpretation (or deliberate exaggeration) of Goku’s early characterisation in Dragonball. Goku grew up (until age 12) literally not having seen another human except his adoptive grandpa Gohan... this left him exceptionally naïve about a lot, including even what a girl looked like - let alone any sexual things. It’s not that he was especially dense or absent, he literally just had little/ no experience with other people to begin with. Other mangaka seem to have taken this trait and run with it (indeed pushed it to an even further extreme) in successive characters including Naruto, Luffy and Natsu. The problem is unlike Goku these characters in general really have no reason to be! In Natsu’s case he grew up in the guild surrounded by others of around his age, male and female. He would realistically have had plenty of opportunity to learn about the birds and the bees from someone or even just found out for himself. The romance/ shipping aspect of the series doesn’t especially interest me, but if it had been done in a subtle non intrusive way I think it would have been better than taking the easy (now cliche) way out and just made his naïveté into a running gag... my 2p on the issue anyway :D
It got moved here :)

Astroboy was a child and the first major shonen series. I think it's because Japan is pretty reserved and to have a main character in a series for children be a manslut wouldn't go well. Plus, the main characters represent an innocence meaning they have to be virgins.

It would have worked if he didn't throw Anna in because for his first years he was with a dragon. Although, I'm sure he knew of guildmembers being affected by Larcade :D

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
At the same time it is not very good "" normal "", that a child of 12 years is interested in the sex and the sexual relation.

Or even talk about sex with a child of 10-12 years, he knows the difference between a man or a woman yes but that's it.

In my case, I learned all alone what is sexual, it is not my parents who spoke to me about it.

Until I was 15-16 girls did not interest me more than that, not that I was not attracted but here it is.

So I understand the situation of natsu well.

By cons Natsu is lucky to have lucy, I would have liked to have a girl in love like that at the time or even today T-T.

Goku ended up getting married, yes, but he did not know what marriage was, he kept his promise to fuss, because he promised, but does he really like "" the question again today.

Besides, chichi went from the girl in love, to the authoritarian woman with him XD.

With DBS, we learn that he never kissed fuss, that he was not there, at the birth of gohan.

Soon we will learn that he never made love with chichi XD, she told him to land on the bed and it is she who did all XD or she did that while sleeping XD.

Goku does seem like a bottom :D

However, with that Nalu chain on twitter I think Mashima is saying they are switches.

I think women become interested earlier but they are at the age where they are starting to become interested.

Is true, everyone is unique and decides what is sexual for his/herself.

Gabo

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
I believe that some judge the concept of Romance that can be applied to Natsu under misconceptions.

We must first analyze his way of being, Natsu is impulsive, playful, teasing, someone who does not know how to take pressure situations that have nothing to do with fights.

We have seen this because we know that Natsu does not know what to do when he sees someone cry for reasons unrelated to physical injuries but to things caused by himself, likewise, Natsu is aware that a person is attractive, but does not know what is the love of a couple, we noticed that because Natsu is not romantic, with him we must analyze it based on the behavior of a growing child, a child that bothers those he loves.

I do not agree that Natsu treats Lucy as she would treat a simple good friend, Natsu has already had better friends before and did not behave like that, Natsu behaves like a child who is trying to attract the girl that attracts him. Attention, let who sees how children behave with the girls they like, will see that they tend to be quite cruel, because it is a way to get attention.

Natsu is not asexual, Natsu has what she does not know much about Sexuality since she has not been given a Guide about it and she does not have someone to help her understand that, it is very similar to Staz de Blood Lad, only that unlike Staz who had people who knew the subject and supported him to understand what he felt, most of Natsu's classmates are equal or worse than him.

The most mature of the Group is Gajeel and he is not given to help others on that subject.

The matter of which phrase is more canonical ... Gray's and Natsu's statements confirm to their ways of being what they feel.

Gray told Juvia that her body was his, it's Gray's own way of accepting what he feels for her considering that he's still a Tsundere.

Natsu told Lucy "We'll be together forever" which is a very Natsu way to show your emotions for Lucy, and coincidentally, it's what Lucy dreamed Natsu would tell her when she thought she was going to declare herself by the beginning of Manga , if none said "I love you" but ... Did they really think that with their way of being they were going to use that word if we consider that they have the subtlety of a mosquito?

strikefreedom

Reaction score
Country
France

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
So guys what are the chances that Ivan is adopted I mean when Precht left the guild Makarov was 40 years old at the time and before Precht left the guild Precht told Makarov to find someone so he won’t be lonely just like him. So judging by that information Makarov didn’t seem interested about getting in a relationship until probably sometime Precht left the guild. Also it's possible that Makarov did find a girl he liked but by the time he did this said girl was unable to bear children anymore so Makarov would have been forced to adopted Ivan from one of his friends or some random person.

@Crescent_jinxgrace @azhasnts @Reebi @strikefreedom
0% chance.There is no hint in the manga that Ivan is adopted.He is 100% Makarov's child.Moreover Laxus,Ivan's son has lot of similarity and affinities with Laxus

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So guys what are the chances that Ivan is adopted I mean when Precht left the guild Makarov was 40 years old at the time and before Precht left the guild Precht told Makarov to find someone so he won’t be lonely just like him. So judging by that information Makarov didn’t seem interested about getting in a relationship until probably sometime Precht left the guild. Also it's possible that Makarov did find a girl he liked but by the time he did this said girl was unable to bear children anymore so Makarov would have been forced to adopted Ivan from one of his friends or some random person.

@Crescent_jinxgrace @azhasnts @Reebi @strikefreedom
I always thought Laxus was really Makarov's son. He was just too old to be a father so they called him grandpa. Maybe he slept with Ivan's wife and so that is now the Dreyar family came to be :)

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I always thought Laxus was really Makarov's son. He was just too old to be a father so they called him grandpa. Maybe he slept with Ivan's wife and so that is now the Dreyar family came to be :)
That sounds possible taking in to the fact that Makarov likes to hit on young girls but at the same time I don't think it is since that doesn't fit with Makarov's character.

Last edited:

azhasnts

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
That sounds possible taking in to the fact that Makarov likes to hit on young girls but at the same time I don't think it is since that doesn't fit with Makarov's character. Also what if Makarov/Ivan don't have wife's which would explain why we never saw them or why they were never mentioned.
maybe ivan's mother died when he was born, as makarov's mother
and ivan may have killed his "wife"

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
maybe ivan's mother died when he was born, as makarov's mother
and ivan may have killed his "wife"
I don't think Ivan's mother died after Ivan was born but I do think Ivan killed his mother as when he was a child and Ivan made his mother's death look like an accident. But I do agree with you that Ivan killed his wife and probably killed her the same as his mother and also Ivan killing his mother and wife would explain why Gildarts hates Ivan and the reason why Ivan was kicked out of the guild.

Gabo

Reaction score
Country
Mexico

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
If Laxus is Makarov's son then I guess Ivan's wife passed Laxus off as her son until Ivan found out which could be a reason why Ivan would probably ended up killing his wife possible the same way like his mother and Ivan probably tried to kill Laxus as well because of what happened. Also the only reason I think Ivan killed his wife and mother is because had no problem ripping out Laxus's Dragon Lacrima knowing it might kill him which makes me think Ivan has killed someone before.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
I think you people are thinking about it in complex way.Don't forget Laxus wanted to join his father's guild when Makarov expelled him.Would Laxus have wanted to join it if his father killed his mother?No.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think you people are thinking about it in complex way.Don't forget Laxus wanted to join his father's guild when Makarov expelled him.Would Laxus have wanted to join it if his father killed his mother
I haven’t forgot that Laxus wanted to join Ivan’s Guild though I always wondered how Laxus knew that Ivan started his own guild let along where Ivan was. Also maybe Laxus doesn’t remember that Ivan killed his mother because he made her death look like an accident and Laxus was probably very young at the time so he mostly likely doesn’t remember who his mother is.[/QUOTE]

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
I haven’t forgot that Laxus wanted to join Ivan’s Guild though I always wondered how Laxus knew that Ivan started his own guild let along where Ivan was. Also maybe Laxus doesn’t remember that Ivan killed his mother because he made her death look like an accident and Laxus was probably very young at the time so he mostly likely doesn’t remember who his mother is.
Doesn't look like Laxus was young when his father left the Guild.He was tall teenager back then.He would have surely known if Ivan killed his mother.And do you not think Mashima would have mentioned this important thing it if it really happened even once.But he didn't which makes it clear Ivan didn't kill his wife.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
Doesn't look like Laxus was young when his father left the Guild. He would have surely known if Ivan killed his mother.And do you not think Mashima would have mentioned this important thing it if it really happened even once.But he didn't which makes it clear Ivan didn't kill his wife.
I didn’t mean that Laxus was young when Ivan left the guild I just said that Ivan killed his wife when Laxus was very young and Ivan probably just told Laxus that his mother died in an accident. Just because Mashima didn’t mention it that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen and knowing Ivan’s personally and the fact that Ivan has no problem with killing his own son I wouldn’t be surprised if Ivan killed his own wife. Also In Laxus’s flashback when he was a kid we never saw his mom so it’s possible that Laxus’s mom was already dead by then.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
I didn’t mean that Laxus was young when Ivan left the guild I just said that Ivan killed his wife when Laxus was very young and Ivan probably just told Laxus that his mother died in an accident. Just because Mashima didn’t mention it that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen and knowing Ivan’s personally and the fact that Ivan has no problem with killing his own son I wouldn’t be surprised if Ivan killed his own wife. Also In Laxus’s flashback when he was a kid we never saw his mom so it’s possible that Laxus’s mom was already dead by then.
Unless it is shown in the manga then it is not proven.

If I say Ivan's wife faked her death and is the real villain will it be true if I can't show evidences from the manga or even from Anime fillers of it?Then it will turn into fanfiction.

And would Makarov had waited to expelled Ivan if he really killed his wife?No.

Don't get me wrong.It would have been great twist but as Mashima didn't even hint it,let alone mentioning it is not true.