Discussion - Earth Land Mages-ULTIMATE MAGIC RANKING (FINALE) | Page 31 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Earth Land Mages-ULTIMATE MAGIC RANKING (FINALE)

Favorite rating so far?

• Total voters

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Even after seeing the results, I see nothing special about Enchantment, Mass Manipulation, or Time Magic. The abilities were so poorly used in the story that it makes me wonder why it's so popular. I mean you have Mass Manipulation and Time Magic being countered for unexplained reasons while Enchantment was literally pulled out of nowhere (to the point it seems like Wendy's version and Irene's version are two separate abilities).

Anyways, I really enjoyed this event. Thanks to those who put in the work and effort to keep this running!

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Best overall character of the series maybe :hmm.... though that kinda feels like we are milking it.
Anyways pretty fun rate, nice job by the hosts :verily
Sad to say that i wasnt able to do parody chapters this time, just those two covers.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Poltl about great twists will be great gteat like Zeref being Natsu's brother,Seigreian being Jellal etc.

Last edited:

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Something to note here, and I think I need to clear this misconception I've seen floating around in this rating at least. Jellal's magic, Heavenly Body Magic is named after the fact that he can use Heavenly Bodies in his attacks. Heavenly Bodies are something always present in nature, all that Jellal does is fashion his magic around attacks mimicking more of the same. Meaning he shapes his magic in the form of Heavenly Bodies, which is why he's able to recreate falling asteroids (Sema), or even star formations (Grand Chariot)
Irene DOES NOT use Heavenly Body Magic, at all. I'm not sure where people got this idea simply because she used an attack that was named Deus Sema. Sema literally translates into 'Star Crush'. It's the power of a falling asteroid/star. All that Irene does is enchant, basically affix her magic onto an already present asteroid in space, and brings it down with said magic. This is the power of Master Enchant, NOT Heavenly Body Magic. Enchantment that extends her abilities to the skies and seas. The fact that the moves have the same name means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. Sema is just the series's translation for a falling Meteor.
Another outlier of this is the fact that Jellal calls his attack, "True Heavenly Body Magic:Sema". Irene's is simply referred to as Master Enchant:Deus Sema. Nothing in her spell references Heavenly Body Magic in any manner.
Insinuating nonsense like Enchant is HBM superior to HBM is a fallacy since Enchant isn't HBM.
Erza says its a higher form of Jellal's spell, the spells having the same name is no coincidence.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I have an idea.Did we ever have any popularity poll of our favourite characters?We can have it.

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
I disagree with E.N.D walking through Dimaria's time magic as BS. Base Natsu has already shown the ability to have his fire burn away magic when he burned Stings Egnima spell. Also Atlas flames fire could burn away magic. E.N.D is suppose to be the strongest fire user in the series it would be weird if his flames didn't burn away magic which is what Dimaria's time Stop is. Ultear powers revolve around the manipulation of time so her being able to walk through Dimaria's time Stop and Manipulate it makes 100% sense.

Personally I found both Mass manipulation and Age Seal to be extremely boring magics. What made Dimaria interesting was her takeover in all reality and Brandish was simply a boring girl with big boobs.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Erza says its a higher form of Jellal's spell, the spells having the same name is no coincidence.
This.

Not to mention that the only noticeable difference between Sema and Deus Sema is how the meteor is formed (and if we take Irene's statement of power then Deus Sema >>> Sema). Regardless, I don't think I was wrong to say that Sema was brought back to hype up Irene, even if its not classified as Heavenly Body Magic its still a blatant copy.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
Maybe hosts ranking?
Crescent_jinxgrace is number one:hi
Jinx will always be the number one host.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I have an idea.Did we ever have any popularity poll of our favourite characters?We can have it.
I think there was a popularity poll about our favorite characters it’s just in different tread.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Wooo, that was quite fun, with all the reveals and with the salt :zomg
I thank the hosts for this awesome rate \o/

Please let this be a thing :lmao
Yeah the salt was truly lovely, all the salt it taste so good. I can see most of those asspulls winning this ranking being Erza’s but other wise I do want this to be a thing along with the plot twist ranking.
What about the hotness ranking ?
Yes please let this be a thing my pervert side demand it.

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Best Lucy Stardress? I kind want an outfit theme :redface
How about best outfit overall. Sound's fairer. (we have sub polls for star dress, armor and take over forms.)

Linali

Reaction score
Country
Poland
So this is it! My final words for top 5:

#5 Celestial Spirit Magic - it's a beautiful magic and I like its development throughout the series. At the beginning I wasn't sure, how Lucy can get stronger, but apparently Hiro had few great ideas - posibility of opening two gates at once, summoning Celestial King (through the sacrifise) and finally Star Dresses (who wanna see Yukino wearing star dresses of Pisces and Libra? :question). But still compared to some other magics from this ranking, CS magic seems to be relatively weak :amuse My favourite dress is Leo, btw.

#4 Enchantment - magic that assures countless possibilities to its caster and Irene is a queen of enchantments. I thought about giving it my 12... but Wendy :-_- While I could buy everything Irene's done, Wendy suddenly appearing as enchantress capable of switching bodies or enchanting freaking DS magic into the sword was too much for me. Except for two or three strengthening spells I don't recall her using this magic on higher level, but apparently plot is plot. After I recall it I thought about giving Enchantment 10 or even 9, but I stayed with 11 with dedication for Bel ;)

#3 Mass Manipulation - that's another magic with no 1s :zomg Just like Enchantment, it was my candidate for 12, but I have one big problem with this magic - does it have any limitations? Hiro shooted in his own foot with this magic imo, I can't think of any way to counter it logically. And it seems he also couldn't, since Randi was excluded from serious fights at the very beginning of the war.

#2 Time Magic - Just like with Mass Manipulation I have problem with OPness of Age Seal. There's no way to counter it, unless you're another Time Magic user. But unfortunately for Time Magic, unlike in Randi's case, this time (lol :teehee) I had a comparision to Sawyer and Ultear's magic, which had their limitations and by smart usage of them we got awesome fights (thanks Gray :super). Forgive me, Mari :emocat

#1 Heavenly Body Magic - :zomg Stars! Lights! Astronomy! (my secret love :blush) Hiro had a lot of possibilities with this magic, but decided to focus on Meteor and Grand Chariot instead. Shame on him, but I admit, that he managed to surprise me with GC in Hargeon - it looked really impressive. I like that Jellal has to use different gestures or postures to cast the spells, it seems so mystical and high-leveled, definitely my liking. At first my 11, I changed the score for 12, but tbh, only because there was no other candidate for me ;)

---------------------------------------------------

As always, huge thanks to our hosts - @Gryffindor for collecting and counting the points and @BluePegasus, @Crescent_jinxgrace, @Emperor Spriggan and @MLG Bradman for writing all those posts, great job guys, I really enjoyed this forum event :worship
And thanks to all participants, without you this ranking wouldn't be possible. Cheers! :clingy

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
How about best outfit overall. Sound's fairer. (we have sub polls for star dress, armor and take over forms.)
It would turn into a popularity contest. :notrust unless, we have muliple outfit rankings :redface