Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 215 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I liked some scenes, but that new group seems too random. The author introduced too many characters in a short time and did not develop them better first. If one dies in the next chapters (and probably will, unless s/he is saved by another miraculous keikaku) I don't think I will care.

Anyway, what happened to that chara poll that the series had? Are the results already out?
The entire series is like that? Besides the 3 main children, nobody is developed anyway, you are asking too much from the series. You cannot teach an old dog new tricks.

razerxs

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Republic
Shoseki Ranking 3/5-3/11
1 One Piece #88
3 Blue Exorcist #21
5 Dragon Ball Super #5
6 Black Clover #15
10 Gintama #72
12 Kimetsu no Yaiba #10
13 Twin Star Exorcists #14
15 Kinnikuman #62
20 Robot x Laserbeam #4
21 Moriarty the Patriot #5
36 Kemono Jihen #4
39 Dokyuu ****** HxEros #3
55 Hinomaru Zumou #19

30位20000/50位15300/100位7900/200位4500/300位3000/400位2250/500位1850

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I thought that Kimetsu surpassed Gintama long ago, but I think I overestimated it. Surpass Gintama is symbol of adulthood, it is still just a child.

Tarot

Reaction score
Country
Italy
You can't seriously argue Pierrot is adapting the series well with the pacing being so much slower.

That's some serious cognitive dissonance. One of BC's biggest strengths is the pacing, lol.
Not sure if any of you guys have been keeping up with series but the anime has been adapting 2-3 chapters per episode. That's no different than Naruto or Bleach.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Shoseki Ranking 3/5-3/11
1 One Piece #88
3 Blue Exorcist #21
5 Dragon Ball Super #5
6 Black Clover #15
10 Gintama #72
12 Kimetsu no Yaiba #10
15 Kinnikuman #62
20 Robot x Laserbeam #4
36 Kemono Jihen #4
55 Hinomaru Zumou #19

30位20000/50位15300/100位7900/200位4500/300位3000/400位2250/500位1850
BLack Clover is doing awesomely.

De La Croissant

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
The entire series is like that? Besides the 3 main children, nobody is developed anyway, you are asking too much from the series. You cannot teach an old dog new tricks.
TPN is just a puppy. I need to have hope.
Kimetsu was very fast-paced in the beginning, but the author learned and improved.

Last edited:

Tamil

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I thought that Kimetsu surpassed Gintama long ago, but I think I overestimated it. Surpass Gintama is symbol of adulthood, it is still just a child.
No. I think you underestimated Gintama more so than you overestimated Kimetsu. Also, why/how is surpassing Gintama a sign of adulthood? Yes, Kimetsu is a child but it will enter adulthood once the anime arrives.

Gintama/Kimetsu are completely different series and I doubt Kimetsu will reach Gintama's peak in manga sales, forget franchise success since it's safe to say that Gintama is a rarity in that aspect and expecting other series to come close or surpass it is wishful thinking.

Nemesis

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
About Black Clover anime, production-wise it's dead at this point but we'll have some good points of great animation here and there. Not the series but the production itself it's really fucked. But about the results with the anime with income for Pierrot and the committee, we'll have to wait to see. It's too soon to say otherwise but of course, the anime isn't an Naruto.

Also, Pierrot is investing much more in Boruto and Osomatsu-san right now in it's staff compared to Black Clover so there's another reason.

Caiops

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Whats happening with Black Clover prodution? "development hell"?

Tamil

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
That's really cool for BC anime fans

nonowa

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Anyway, what happened to that chara poll that the series had? Are the results already out?
It was a Line poll and the results were in one of the covers; the main 3, nameless old man and Phil were the top 5.

Nemesis

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
From what I remember, the staff is overworked with different projects and the outsourcing are also pretty demanded but I'm not too sure right now.

Tarot

Reaction score
Country
Italy
The anime is severely understaffed. I remember.seeing the director trying to recruit animators on Twitter because his main team was busy with Fate/Apocrypha. Besides that, it didn't even have a good pre-production considering the core staff is the same as Twin Star Exorcist which ended.6 months before Black Clover started. For a series with 50 episodes, you need MUCH more time than that before your show starts.

Nemesis

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The anime is severely understaffed. I remember.seeing the director trying to recruit animators on Twitter because his main team was busy with Fate/Apocrypha. Besides that, it didn't even have a good pre-production considering the core staff is the same as Twin Star Exorcist which ended.6 months before Black Clover started. For a series with 50 episodes, you need MUCH more time than that before your show starts.
Yep, it was like that. Thanks for the reminder.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
You can't seriously argue Pierrot is adapting the series well with the pacing being so much slower.
As already mentioned, the pacing was slow only at the beginning, now the episodes cover two chapters at a time. To put it all we are at episode 23 and the events of the manga are those of chapter 31.

How is it a strength though? Theres barely any substance or plot buildup because of the pacing.
Is both a strong point (since no time is wasted) that of weakness (often do not leave the fear due to deepen certain characters).

However for the last time, we do not clog the topic. There is an entire section where you can complain.

MangAniMY

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Yeah we should get back on topic and speculate how further down bozebeat will be in this week TOC.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Shoseki Ranking 3/5-3/11
1 One Piece #88
3 Blue Exorcist #21
5 Dragon Ball Super #5
6 Black Clover #15
10 Gintama #72
12 Kimetsu no Yaiba #10
15 Kinnikuman #62
20 Robot x Laserbeam #4
36 Kemono Jihen #4
55 Hinomaru Zumou #19
One Piece is the only one that has not lowered XD

Of course it must be frustrating to debut in the same month that comes out of a small volume of One Piece, you always get the crumbs.

Nemesis

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Anyone know when the cover for the volumes of April comes?

TM2

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Even if the anime does get a entire slew of new animators, even under the most optimistic of circumstances, realistically what will it change? Even if the show does develop a reputation of pumping out great animation consistently, it'll be difficult to overcome the memetically infamous first impressions Pierrot made to say the least.

In my opinion, while a good story can cover up the cracks of bad animation, it is much more difficult for good animation to cover up bad stories. Especially if one is taking into account the rigors of working on animation of long running projects like this.

Last edited:

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Even if the anime does get a entire slew of new animators, even under the most optimistic of circumstances, realistically what will it change? Even if the show does develop a reputation of pumping out great animation consistently, it'll be difficult to overcome the memetically infamous first impressions Pierrot made to say the least.

In my opinion, while a good story can cover up the cracks of bad animation, it is much more difficult for good animation to cover up bad stories. Especially if one is taking into account the rigors of working on animation of long running projects like this.
Again.

There is a topic where to talk about the anime talk to them.

'll answer here.

Status
Not open for further replies.