Support - Troubleshooting and Tech Support | Page 12 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Support Troubleshooting and Tech Support

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The problem is how can a hardware create software problem.That's very weird.Is there any computer engineer or mechanic known to you?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Btw @kkck don't rush to buy a new router.If it happens that it is actually software problem and you buy a new router and the problem still persists there then it will be bad.

So if possible experiment with another router.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
http://mobile.smallbusinesscomputin...Why-Your-Router-May-Be-Blocking-Web-Sites.htm
Seems like they gave solutions for your very problem
Not immediately... I don't intend on buying a new router just yet.

That seems a bit old timey.. They mention windows 95. My computer has windows 10 and in my router settings I didn't even find the wan setting they mention.

Styx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Ok, made a breakthrough: I grabbed the cable which gives internet to my router and connected it directly to my computer and.... it worked perfectly. And then when I used the wifi again it stopped working. So... it seems like my router specifically is the problem. I have tried changing some settings but nothing has made a difference so far.
Sounds like flood protection or something. What router do you have, and can you log into it?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Sounds like flood protection or something. What router do you have, and can you log into it?
I can log into it. It's a Cisco.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I can log into it. It's a Cisco.
Alright, that's good news.

I have some things you can try, but what is the model number of the Cisco? It can help lead to options that could be causing the issue (though it might be a 871W). Each router has different options, restrictions, bugs or issues etc. Knowing specifically what router model it is can help me determine some options to give you to try. For example, it could be as easy as changing your router channel (some channels are specifically designed to overlap with neighboring connections, weakening your connection, especially if you are in a densely populated residency) or by disabling power saving options or WMM. Heck, it could even be that you need a driver for your wireless card/chip from your motherboard or device manufacturer.

You can usually find router model numbers on the back. If it doesn't give an actual name, it should give a string of numbers after "Cisco". That's what I'll need. :)

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Ok, so I am having trouble streaming but the situation is kinda weird.

1- Youtube works perfectly well. It is basically non youtube streaming sites that don't work (so no anime for me)...
2.- Same thing happens using different browsers though with maybe slight differences in performance.
3.- I have tried updating my laptop drivers and enabling flash and a bunch of settings but they make no difference.

Since it seems to be the same deal across browsers I thought it could be something with my internet connection though so far I have no idea of what to do... Any clues?
Did you try restarting your computer? And your router?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Alright, that's good news.

I have some things you can try, but what is the model number of the Cisco? It can help lead to options that could be causing the issue (though it might be a 871W). Each router has different options, restrictions, bugs or issues etc. Knowing specifically what router model it is can help me determine some options to give you to try. For example, it could be as easy as changing your router channel (some channels are specifically designed to overlap with neighboring connections, weakening your connection, especially if you are in a densely populated residency) or by disabling power saving options or WMM. Heck, it could even be that you need a driver for your wireless card/chip from your motherboard or device manufacturer.

You can usually find router model numbers on the back. If it doesn't give an actual name, it should give a string of numbers after "Cisco". That's what I'll need. :)
Ah, I just had a chance to do this thing. It's a linksys E1500. I don't think it is a connection like that. When I plug in my computer to the internet directly rather than use wifi it works perfectly.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Welp, fixed the fucking thing. Turns out it needed a firmware update, it hadn't been updated probably every. Didn't know updates had to be done manually. It is possible it wasn't the firmware update but rather the accompanying reboot though..

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Oh wow, the ISP wasn't updating them? Usually they have server downtime to issue the updates themselves. Was it a beta update?

I'm glad you fixed it though! Slow internet is worse than no internet. :tem

LinaLofts

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
They probably removed the disk while in use without performing "Safely Remove Hardware" procedure. If Windows doesn't assign a drive letter to the disk, the partition table may be damaged. In this case a data recovery software may be the best solution, there're free ones out there such as Recuva and Disk Drill which you can give a try. It seems people have had great results with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard but the free version only recovers 2 GB of data. You can still use it to make sure your files aren't lost, if you have important documents, it may help recover them too.
I agree that a data recovery software can help to solve this problem. As for Disk Drill, I tried it and found it to be really helpful. But there are different versions of this program, personally I used one from https://www.cleverfiles.com/hard-drive-recovery.html. It wasn't free, but I had no issues using it. Also it helped me to get all my lost data back, that is the most important thing, I guess. Maybe you were lucky to find a free version of this program, and though I had to pay for this software, it was worth it.

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I agree that a data recovery software can help to solve this problem. As for Disk Drill, I tried it and found it to be really helpful. But there are different versions of this program, personally I used one from https://www.cleverfiles.com/hard-drive-recovery.html. It wasn't free, but I had no issues using it. Also it helped me to get all my lost data back, that is the most important thing, I guess. Maybe you were lucky to find a free version of this program, and though I had to pay for this software, it was worth it.
Welcome to MH. :)

The post you quoted is quite old, I guess Disk Drill was free then but apparently not anymore. The version you linked to is for Macs, I don't know if there's any difference between features. Still, it's good to know, for future reference, that the program worked for you.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
And. yet. again. I. am. having. trouble. with. my. laptop. For. some. reason. my. keyboard. is. typing. in. wrong. characters. obviously. one. of them is. the. spacebar. making. a. dot. another. one. is. my. o. key. taking. the .cursor. go. up. The. L. also. works. as. an. enter. key.

And for some reason while writing this post it started working again. Yesterday that happened but I restarted and then it worked fine. So my worry is that it will happen again. Any clues as to what might cause this and how to stop it from happening again?

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
And. yet. again. I. am. having. trouble. with. my. laptop. For. some. reason. my. keyboard. is. typing. in. wrong. characters. obviously. one. of them is. the. spacebar. making. a. dot. another. one. is. my. o. key. taking. the .cursor. go. up. The. L. also. works. as. an. enter. key.

And for some reason while writing this post it started working again. Yesterday that happened but I restarted and then it worked fine. So my worry is that it will happen again. Any clues as to what might cause this and how to stop it from happening again?
Has your keyboard adopted different language settings? I know mine has done this a few times, changing my @ key to a "

All I had to do was reset my keyboard layout to English (Australia) so try doing that as applies.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Has your keyboard adopted different language settings? I know mine has done this a few times, changing my @ key to a "

All I had to do was reset my keyboard layout to English (Australia) so try doing that as applies.
There haven't been any changes. I am not sure if that would explain my keyboard turning the up arrow into a 9 though.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13

It seems pressing Num Lock + Fn key combination has solved the problems of some users but I guess you've already tried that. Next time it happens you can download PassMark KeyboardTest and check the faulty keys. (You can use it free for 30 days.) There's a Match key code option on the application window, test the same key using both Windows and BIOS key code scheme. For example when you press the up arrow if Windows key code points to 9 (check Last key down for that) and BIOS key code points to the correct key (choose BIOS on Match key code, click on Clear button and press the key again), a Windows application may be interfering with the correct functioning of the keyboard. Otherwise there may be some sort of problem with the driver and/or hardware. KeyboardTest will also make sure a key isn't stuck, also if there's a keyboard application which comes preinstalled on the laptop, you can try closing it to make sure it doesn't cause problems.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I frequently get "400 Bad Request, Cookie Too Large" when I visit the site. I know how to solve it but it's only temporary. It happens again after a few days.

Anyone knows a way to solve it for good?

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm going to assume that you've tried clearing your cache?

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I frequently get "400 Bad Request, Cookie Too Large" when I visit the site. I know how to solve it but it's only temporary. It happens again after a few days.

Anyone knows a way to solve it for good?
Has this problem been happening for the last 3-4 months? Does it occur on a desktop or mobile browser? Do you receive the error after you visit lots of different MH pages or randomly?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Has this problem been happening for the last 3-4 months? Does it occur on a desktop or mobile browser? Do you receive the error after you visit lots of different MH pages or randomly?
It began this month I believe(last week or a bit earlier? I am not sure) and it's on desktop. When I visit lots of MH pages until a certain point it happens. Then I delete the cookies and I can visit the site again. It's with Firefox BTW.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
It began this month I believe(last week or a bit earlier? I am not sure) and it's on desktop. When I visit lots of MH pages until a certain point it happens. Then I delete the cookies and I can visit the site again. It's with Firefox BTW.
If it's on your desktop computer, next time the error occurs, can you open the Network Monitor, choose HTML from the list (All-HTML-CSS-JS etc.) to filter HTML requests, refresh the page, right click on the request (there'll be one), choose "Copy as cURL" and send me the text via PM (don't post it here)? I have an idea what the reason may be but it will help me confirm.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
If it's on your desktop computer, next time the error occurs, can you open the Network Monitor, choose HTML from the list (All-HTML-CSS-JS etc.) to filter HTML requests, refresh the page, right click on the request (there'll be one), choose "Copy as cURL" and send me the text via PM (don't post it here)? I have an idea what the reason may be but it will help me confirm.
It happened to me yesterday. I wanted to do what you said but something happened and I went to sleep after that. I was planning to do just that this morning but it didn't reoccur so I guess you did something?