Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 241 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarot

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
The people responsible for working on Bleach are either dead (Kazunori Mizuno, Hiroki Takagi) or moved on to other bigger projects like Yuzuru Tachikawa who's directing mob psycho, Noriyuki Abe is the Chief director for Boruto, Masashi Kudo the character designer now only directing shows like Sanrio Danshi. The likelihood for Bleach's anime returning is zero.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Waiting for the cody wall-text explaining because he doesn't want Toei to be the Noah Notes studio.
inb4 multi paragraph rant from cody about why japan has shit taste and that they would be stupid to not jump on the opportunity to adapt kimetsu
Lol! Don’t make this a meme :D. Regarding who could be first out of the 2017 jump push I think WNL has a high chance of getting an announcement first. Romances are seemly made for quick adaptations due to the episodic theme of the genre.

TheEnhancedExe

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I’m pretty sure anime producers and distributors like Aniplex and Toho would care about disc sales too. And it all depends on contract terms. A production committee can decide the split the revenue earned however they agree upon. Shueisha makes not just the money from manga sales, but as one of the rights holders, they may earn a slice of the disc sales as royalties. Again, we have no way to know.

Similarly, studios that are not part of the production committees or do not rank high enough on the production committee lists don’t get their revenue from disc sales. They only get whatever their contracts say. Yuri on Ice sold tonnes of disc, but MAPPA, being last on the production committee and invest very little, made very little in return from the disc sales.
Tbh, I don't think Shueisha would get that much money from the disc sales. I think rather than that they probably get a lot of money from the merchandise. This is much more plausible to me since the studio animated the anime. Of course Toho and Aniplex earn their fair share.

Aniplex on top of that owns A1 and Aniplex itself is part of Sony Music Entertainment. So basically if A1 does the anime, Sony Music Entertainment and Aniplex are in the production committee, all the revenue goes to Sony and they probably pump a big part of that into A1 again.

As for studios that aren't part of production committees, that's the vast majority of all studios. I know that, apart from Aniplex that owns A1, Sunrise is part of production committees and otherwise I don't know of any other studio. Not even Toei or Pierrot are part of production committees as far as I'm aware of, although especially Toei is often called a rich studio. Although they might just not want to invest any of the money they make. I wouldn't be surprised about that.

Tarot

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Not even Toei or Pierrot are part of production committees as far as I'm aware of, although especially Toei is often called a rich studio. Although they might just not want to invest any of the money they make. I wouldn't be surprised about that
Toei and Pierrot are always part of the production committee. They're big enough to invest in shows they animate. Sometimes they're even part of committees for shows they're not animating. Best way to see who's in the committee is to check Opening and Endings for anime.

TheEnhancedExe

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Toei and Pierrot are always a part of the production committee. They're big enough to invest in shows they animate. Sometimes they're even part of committes for shows they're not animating. Best way to see who's in the committee is to check Opening and Endings for anime.
Sorry, my fault. I was just confused since they weren't listed as producers on MAL, but Sunrise isn't listed as a producer either.

MangAniMY

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
With all the announcement we got, a Jojo part 5 announcement soon is not impossible lol.

AnimeJapan man, this weekend is going to be hype.

I would also want a Mx0 and Psyren anime ,but that would be too much of a dream.

Last edited:

Luca11

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Wake Island
Sorry, my fault. I was just confused since they weren't listed as producers on MAL, but Sunrise isn't listed as a producer either.
MAL doesn’t list production committees. The Producers section on MAL are different from production committees. Most studios are on the committee, but they are usually so very low on the list.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
You have to look at the animes credit sequence to see the committee...no ones gonna tag them all on mal.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
MAL is good for looking up info on anime, everything from the commentators who seem to hate themselves to their ratings are bogus. I give credibility to crunchy and ann more when it comes to a feel thing on western opinions. Btw what's AnimeJapan? Does it cover every magazine company and anime studio?

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
MAL is good for looking up info on anime, everything from the commentators who seem to hate themselves to their ratings are bogus. I give credibility to crunchy and ann more when it comes to a feel thing on western opinions. Btw what's AnimeJapan? Does it cover every magazine company and anime studio?
A yearly jpn anime industry convention showcase of new and old anime shows where at stage events surprising announcements of new anime are often made. Tons of pvs are revealed, voice actor talks, and staff talks etc.

Caiops

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Its impressive we still didn't get a new Slam Dunk anime, lol.

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Rokudenashi Blues anime should happen, please

I would also like Astro Kyuudan anime. That Jump baseball manga from 70s almost got an anime in 90s. It deserves it.

Last edited:

TheEnhancedExe

Reaction score
Country
Germany
You have to look at the animes credit sequence to see the committee...no ones gonna tag them all on mal.
So basically noone's ever bothered to make a full list of production committee members for some popular anime? And basically, I have to be able to read japanese to find out? I mean, I'm learning japanese right now, so that won't be an issue in a year or so, but isn't there any website with a full list of committee members for some popular anime. I mean there are enough people interested in stuff like that, so how come it seems noone did that so far if it is so easy to get that information.

Would also be interesting to know, but do they actually tell you in the credits which company is part of the production committee and which isn't? I mean, it would make sense to highlight the companies that invested money. Or do they only highlight the most important committee members? The latter would explain why there are no full lists available anywhere. Or at least I can't find them.

OfficialHxH

Reaction score
Country
United States

Last edited:

ruggia

Reaction score
Country
South Korea
Would also be interesting to know, but do they actually tell you in the credits which company is part of the production committee and which isn't? I mean, it would make sense to highlight the companies that invested money. Or do they only highlight the most important committee members?
The credits only name the representative without specifying which company they are from so you have to know how to trace them back.

You can see most of the recent ones here: http://blog.livedoor.jp/anime_in/

TheEnhancedExe

Reaction score
Country
Germany
The credits only name the representative without specifying which company they are from so you have to know how to trace them back.

You can see most of the recent ones here: http://blog.livedoor.jp/anime_in/
Oh, ok that explains why there's are no full lists. I kinda expected that the info isn't as easy to find out as it sounded. Still, wouldn't it be more beneficial for some companies if they made the production committee public? For example afaik Pizza Hut was in the Code Geass production committee. If members were known to the public, they might've made even more revenue.

In Pizza Huts case they were basically advertised throughout the whole anime like Dr. Pepper was in the Steins;Gate anime. But other companies that aren't advertised in the anime itself might benefit from it.

Some people might think "oh company x invested in my favourite anime, let's buy one of their products" or something along the way. Of course this was just a basic example, the thought process is most definitely different, but I bet some people would do that, even if the amount is small. At least, I can't come up with any negative aspects of doing this.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
That poll reminds me, I've caught up to the current anime arc and so far it's better than the dungeon arc. Mars ended up too dry of a villain, he was more Zabuza than Stain, remember seeing comments awhile ago saying Stain arc was MHA's Land of Waves arc lol. Regarding favorites I find Yami my favorite Black Bull by default, I'm really not fond of the main cast and how they are portrayed. However some like Leopold, Mimosa, Fugeloen are cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.