TV - RWBY | Page 30 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

TV RWBY

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
So yeah, I don't think Blake's childhood was that bad.
I was sarcastic :D

No one from the main four had a good childhood Blake either: she spends her first 12 years of life ( and later didn't leave WF ) in the WF with her parents going around the world and take part in manifestations and meeting with Racism towards her all over again + Kali and Ghira as leaders of the WF could also not have that much time for her

They're the best parents in the show but they also mess up horribly child shouldn't be raised in such environment and later they didn't try to bring her back despite they know what kind of people Adam and Sienna are..

Like @Elusia said:cookiehand

Yes, I know Blake's childhood wasn't sunshine and rainbows but she had friends
Someone like Adam is hardly even a human being.

he was descriminated against but she lived in a place for faunus and was safe there.
You know how much time Blake lived in Menagerie? The time she spends there in Vol.4 and Vol.5 it was mentioned 2 or 3 times that she wasn't live there with her parents :blush

Juviii

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I know all of that and still think she didn't have the worst childhood. That spot belongs to Nora.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Those comments about blake's childhood don't pass the smell test for me. We saw her parents, they are clearly normal loving parents. Blake wasn't thrown into a life of hardship by random things, she did that to herself. At god knows what age though. Her parents took blake with them initially but it was blake's choice to run away and remain with the WF. All so that she could follow adam around at that. And then she realized adam lost his shit and bailed to attend a fancy school. It doesn't seem like blake's hardships actually include adversity... It's not like she was ever hungry or anything. She abandoned her loving family that provided everything to her to stay with the white fang which presumably provided everything. And of course, being poor and hungry isn't the only form of adversity but when you consider her actual lifestyle and choices then blake having the most adult or troubled childhood seems like a stretch. Specially compared to weiss whose dad is an actual controlling and abusive asshole. I guess adam could have done either or both of those but TBH we have no reason to think he did any of those during the time he an blake were together. He could have done both but the impact is different if we haven't seen or been told about it.

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Yes, I know Blake's childhood wasn't sunshine and rainbows but she had loving parents and friends. Yes, she was descriminated against but she lived in a place for faunus and was safe there. Fighting for your rights is undoubtedly hard but it's a proud experience. The other girls experiences were more traumatic imo.
And don't even get me started with Nora and Ren. :XD
Family, I can agree but not friends. Adam and Ilya were victims of discrimination and both did a lot of horrible things. Blake seemed to follow in Adam's footsteps until pre-Volume 1.

About the place, she complained in Volume 4 about being cramped and shows that they cannot be as equal as the humans and while fighting for rights is hard, it is not something to be proud of when progress was slow. This is why the faunus decided to do brute force rather than peace and it seems to be working.
Someone like Adam is hardly even a human being.
Don't forget Ilya, who tried to murder her parents :cookiehand

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
@kkck because the WF fang was the only world Blake knew at that time she spends her first 12 years of life in the WF by the decision of her parents..

Yeah Blake wasn't throw in the life hardship by the random things her parents did it and after 12 years of being in WF she was given a choice:

- Leave it with her parents go to Menagerie and live there happy life finally
- Put others before herself push away the good life that waiting for her and stays in the WF

We can agree to disagree but at least I tend to stick to a character backstory as it is told dunno why people think " Blake lived on Menagerie whole time and then that stupid brat decides to join WF " when the story told then 3 or 4 times that she never lived on Menagerie.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And we definitely need more Blake/Ruby interactions.
Ok but imagine if this was an ending ship after all :XD:

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Are Maidens a curse? sure the whole random thing where does it go may go that way because sometimes powers can get into a hands of the people that don't deserve such power..

It was a common knowledge once according to Glynda and tbh Maidens can give people so much in terms of protecting them against the Grimms or other dangers why was it hidden then? ( The negative emotions when someone will spill the truth for everyone will be large Maidens/Relics/Students are the guardians of the relic against the Relic without them knowing that secret organisation is planning to kill them or hunt them down when they end up they training )

My main Question is how did Ozpin fail over a decade with 4 Maidens and Relics at his disposal..

Silver Eyes seems to be effective against the Grimm I will cling to that unless proven otherwise ( Raven wasn't affected in the hall at all )..

But if we go that route and Silver Eyes counter Maidens ( created by Ozpin magic ) then I stay by my words and say that SE was created by Salem.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The only curse that I will label to Maidens thing is that Randomness tbh because of it decide about your life whatever you want it or not:

- You're Hunted by Salem group automatically
- If you will use your powers for yourself or you will not want to collaborate with Ozpin group you're hunted by two groups

<<< In other words, your life sucks :XD

Raven and Qrow had a choice Maidens ( at least most of them ) doesn't.

PS: I hope that we won't see such bullshit like Weiss mother being Winter maiden and Summer being Summer we have Raven that's enough :epicfacepalm

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Perhaps silver eyes are an anti magic weapon? Grim are not normal animals, them even being properly alive is questionable. In that sense magic being what moves them so to speak is not a stretch. Alternatively the implication would be that grimm and maiden powers are far more deeply connected than the series has cared to reveal so far.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
PS: I hope that we won't see such bullshit like Weiss mother being Winter maiden and Summer being Summer we have Raven that's enough :epicfacepalm

Cinder Fall
Summer
Rose
Winter Schnee
Why do you think they're going to Atlas next volume? :teehee

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Cinder Fall
Summer
Rose
Winter Schnee
Going to a giant popsicle to find someone whose name is spring.... sounds legit.

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Going to a giant popsicle to find someone whose name is spring.... sounds legit.
Vernal = Spring ( perfect decoy :P )

Cinder Fall
Summer
Rose
Winter Schnee
It's more how stupid it will be that 3/4 maidens are relatives ( Parents ) to MC...

But well if we go that way and later RWY will gain maidens powers from Parents then we know that B will kill either Cinder/Emerald

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I was kidding :XD
The Winter and Summer Maidens should be completely new characters imo, the Raven twist can only work so many times. Not to mention after Cinder dying the series is in dire need of a new best villain girl :pout

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I was kidding :XD
The Winter and Summer Maidens should be completely new characters imo, the Raven twist can only work so many times. Not to mention after Cinder dying the series is in dire need of a new best villain girl :pout
I don't expect winter to be a maiden. She isn't part of ozpin's inner circle meaning which wouldn't make sense if she was a maiden. The winter maiden should be under james' care assuming she is at atlas in which case I wouldn't rule out winter and her being familiar though.

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Perhaps silver eyes are an anti magic weapon? Grim are not normal animals, them even being properly alive is questionable. In that sense magic being what moves them so to speak is not a stretch. Alternatively the implication would be that grimm and maiden powers are far more deeply connected than the series has cared to reveal so far.
But then Silver eyes would affect Qrow ( Bird thing ) and Raven ( Bird thing and Maiden ) but it doesn't

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Now that I think about it, they were pretty right about Blake always worrying aside from the small moments in early vol 3 :XD

And she has every right to be considering her situation with the White Fang.

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
And she has every right to be considering her situation with the White Fang.
It also leads to how fucked up at end of Vol.3 Blake must have felt ( she doesn't know about Cinder or Salem in her eyes Adam was working with someone and the WF bring a destruction to Beacon ) in Volume 2 she made she was pushing herself to her limits to stop the WF and how did that worked out in the end with WF + Grimms destroying Beacon/people dying and Yang got injured ( Blake as well ) by her ex-boyfriend..