Discussion - Art Contest Discussion Thread | Page 134 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Art Contest Discussion Thread

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
The drawing contest is gonna be interesting. Wondering what kind of approach should I take. Do I come up with my own childrens book moment and characters. Will I illustrate one of my personal favorite stories? Will I go with the classic large double spread style like in the example, or will I go with the style how old school childrens novels are illustrated, with black and white ink pictures. Like in Winnie the Pooh or Astrid Lindgren novels. Or the Moomins. I do always have a great urge to mimic Tove Janssons style.

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
Gratz, guys, on winning the Poems Contest ^^ It seems like you might be fighting for the spot with Orgz quite often, Riki-chan xD
And all hail gag pieces, Panda \o.ov
whats a gag piece D:

anyhow, thanks everyone! and congrats @Organizized and @riki!

mention me when we have to write another poem or story :kappa

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
If that Romance Poem wasn't hard enough to pick, now it's the Rivalry Set. Can't I vote them all? :emocat

That Drawing Contest looks interesting though. Might be able to come up with something :wtf

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Next contest, we will have a seasonal one: Spring Art Contest!

As usual, the submission will be open for three (3) weeks. The theme still hasn't been decided yet. Stay tuned!​

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
Omfg this is basically impossible to vote only for 4 persons in that set contest. Look at all those candidates in that list, freaking hell man.

Okay guys listen carefully..... whoever gives me a delicious cookie gets my vote!

.. Not all at once guys ... *Waiting for the cookies while drinking my milkshake*

I Am Atomic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Omfg this is basically impossible to vote only for 4 persons in that set contest. Look at all those candidates in that list, freaking hell man.

Okay guys listen carefully..... whoever gives me a delicious cookie gets my vote!

.. Not all at once guys ... *Waiting for the cookies while drinking my milkshake*

The best I could do! Not for the vote but can't let someone drink milkshake without cookies......

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Gimme your address and I'll send you guava cookies, Magu '-'/
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It started! The first Seasonal Contest of 2018 ~ Spring! *-*

And we'll be testing a new Category in it: Music. So thanks @Organizized for helping us out by suggesting it. Those will also be awarded with points in the Leaderboard, just like themes suggestions are. If anyone else wants to help us with our "Art Lab", please share your insight here!

I'm personally very excited about this xD I've been missing Music as a thing in the Art Contests for a long while. It's a form of art that is so present in our daily life that I just hope it got here to stay. So I'm counting on you people to embrace it and participate *-* Let's make it a regular Category! I'll be keeping my hopes up for you to join us and show your love for Music as well^^ Don't be shy!

You may check the contest by clicking the banner below:

Pardon my french and have fun '-'v

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Congrats @Ustegius :zomg
And great job to all the people who participated in that awesome contest:cheerbunny

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Thank you all. It was a great set contest - too much awesome to choose from.

The spring contest is gonna be interesting. Only thing I can play well is Super Mario Bros. 3 and even in that 'well' is really subjective. Would be fun to participate, but might be I need to skip this.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Congratulations Ustegius!!:zomg

The music theme looks really interesting, will try to make something fun out of it

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Gratz, Ustie! Your set was rly awesome, great composition pick and the image palette you went with for the .. text (kanji? XD I suck at identifying those) also fit so damn well *-* That's a very pretty piece.

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Congratz @Ustegius for winning!:verily

@Farfalla I'd like to take part in the Spring Art Contest,but i'm having trouble seeing the Example Picture(I think it's supposed to be that at least) in the Explanations Post of yours. If you could maybe Edit that to make it visible please. I'd appreciate it.:hi
And i got a Question regarding the Actual Task,do you want the Contestants to create an Album Cover for a Music Artist of their Choice along with a Song,from scratch?(My English isn't Perfect in any way so i'm just making sure i fully understood what you're asking from us/me. Since you asked to create a Musical Cover in the Post).:hi

Last edited:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
@Farfalla I'd like to take part in the Spring Art Contest,but i'm having trouble seeing the Example Picture(I think it's supposed to be that at least) in the Explanations Post of yours. If you could maybe Edit that to make it visible please. I'd appreciate it.:hi
And i got a Question regarding the Actual Task,do you want the Contestants to create an Album Cover for a Music Artist of their Choice along with a Song,from scratch?(My English isn't Perfect in any way so i'm just making sure i fully understood what you're asking from us/me).:hi
There is no example picture this time ^ ^

So basically you submit your cover of a song, be it:
- sing cover
- instrumental cover, such as: piano cover, violin cover, guitar cover, etc
- combination of aforementioned

Catch my drift?

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
There is no example picture this time ^ ^

So basically you submit your cover of a song, be it:
- sing cover
- instrumental cover, such as: piano cover, violin cover, guitar cover, etc
- combination of aforementioned

Catch my drift?
Oh i see.

Well i still feel a tad confused to be honest,but since there is some time until Voting starts and Deadline for Submissions is over i'll just get back to you in case there are others or still some confusions coming from my Side.
Thanks for the Reply.:verily

Temperance

The Red Spear
Reaction score
Country
France
@Ustegius Congrats Ustie !:zomg
I knew you'd win this ! Though everyone's work was creative and nice too<_>
By the way, thanks for participating so actively in contests this year, it really makes me happy !:blush