Life - The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 3 | Page 81 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 3

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
It's probably teenage angst or gallbladder issues.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Is Romayne in love again? :hurr

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I confess that I've had issues dealing with anxiety for a few years now. First it affected my weight through emotional eating which now I've bounced back from, and also has been hitting me hard this holiday season. I try too hard to please everyone and just got overwhelmed by all the shopping and cooking preparation. Tips?
Anxiety usually takes the best of us, if trying to deal with it, change the focus of your attention away from the thing that's getting you anxious. If it's about pleasing people, not everyone will be satisfied with everything one does, there's always someone to criticize/oppose, that doesn't mean it should bother you as long as you're certain you're doing the right thing. It's good to listen to other opinions too, but it doesn't mean people are right all the time. :hug

I confess I feel something growing inside me ..
Is it something good or bad, son? If it's bad, throw it away.

-------
Edit

Sorry, I meant it doesn't mean people are right* to criticize you. @WithYouInSpirit.

Last edited:

MOYcano 0.23

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
My account just got a 7 days suspension in MangaStream for acknowledge the existence of spoilers about Hajime no Ippo.

I didn't provide a direct link; I didn't discuss the content of said spoilers; and I didn't even got the chance to question if translating official releases for a market where translated releases are being distributed still counts like Edited Manga.

I'm not even mad. That's amazing.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
It's one of those days I just wish I could find something else to do in life. I envy those who just know what they want to work as, have a clear goal. I'm just doing my low-paid job aimlessly, trying to keep my wife from getting too exhausted again, and treasuring every moment of laughter with my son. It's not a bad life, but right now feels like this is all it'll ever be, without me ever getting to do anything I want to do with my own potential. It's just one of those days.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Wish I could push you two but I'm kinda stuck myself and understand how it's like to be afraid of taking the leap when we got too many responsabilities to feel like risking it... I hope that when things get more stable we can all try to invest in more exciting things, better times shall come^^

liductan

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's one of those days I just wish I could find something else to do in life. I envy those who just know what they want to work as, have a clear goal. I'm just doing my low-paid job aimlessly, trying to keep my wife from getting too exhausted again, and treasuring every moment of laughter with my son. It's not a bad life, but right now feels like this is all it'll ever be, without me ever getting to do anything I want to do with my own potential. It's just one of those days.
Dissatisfaction is usually a sign of awakening, a time for change. It's not a matter of knowing your goal because you may not know what you're doing. At least we always think we do, naturally, life is not a narrow path.So, as long as you know yourself and have a peace of mind. It's not a contest to swift, wise, intelligent or lazy. We all have a chance to make it, once we realize where we are. You've completed the first step. Knowing you have latent potential is a good reflection and they're not always positive.

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wish I could push you two but I'm kinda stuck myself and understand how it's like to be afraid of taking the leap when we got too many responsabilities to feel like risking it... I hope that when things get more stable we can all try to invest in more exciting things, better times shall come^^
No need of you pushing me...they are making me want to walk out more and more each day.
If i get this loan im applying for...im quitting,no ifs,ands,or whats about it.

liductan

Reaction score
Country
United States
yeah. We always have those worries in the back of our head. Is there a time where they really go away? I always find them to be persistent.
So, waiting for a stable time, may never be the right time, or is there is right now in life? Maybe it's just me but as I get older, I realize there is never a right time. You don't a choice in the matter, life will change its path whenever it wants to. Whether you think you have everything in order or not, time doesn't wait for you and can not be taken back. Do everything diligently, and planning is good but be prepared for your plans to fail. So, I say, do as much as you can now. Whatever is stopping you now, may not exist in the future but who knows what lies ahead? ..
There will always be obstacles to overcome, remember that.

Copy Panda

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
China
I confess that I used to be the kind of person with little sympathy for people who caved under pressure. I guess lately I've started to understand what it means to be under constant duress. I'm not really the kind of person who's good at solving personal problems honestly. I'm a one plan kind of guy, I've never experienced real push back. My stomach honestly turns at every turnabout and by now, after about half a year, I can't tell if I'm being incompetent or if Im suffering burnout. I genuinely cant tell.

Lots of work is fine but it's the emotional part that's somehow most draining. I was gonna type more but by now I already feel it's gonna be a stupid rant about things I can't explain properly anyway. And I can't even complain, I shouldn't, since I chose to do it myself. It's just that I can't really stop or take a break in which I can really relax. Ah I made my bed now I should lie in it huh

U G H