Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 405 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamil

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
It will end up with Pierrot after BC. You heard it here first.
Wow, BC is already on episode 32 too. Time flies.

My ideal studio for Kimetsu is Shaft.

ChocoBar9

Reaction score
Country
United States
The visuals aren't what you should be concern about its the director honestly. Occultic;Nine was...to put it in the most broadest terms...shit. Children of the Whales was a big disappointment as well. I don't think the guy can pull of the feel of Neverland well but honestly given the amount of people who wanted fucking studio WIT to work on it I'd gladly take this.

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
The visuals aren't what you should be concern about its the director honestly. Occultic;Nine was...to put it in the most broadest terms...shit. Children of the Whales was a big disappointment as well. I don't think the guy can pull of the feel of Neverland well but honestly given the amount of people who wanted fucking studio WIT to work on it I'd gladly take this.
From what I’ve heard Occult;Nine started off bad, but was really good as it went on. Personally based on the first 3 episodes I thought it was okay. Not as bad as ppl who didn’t like it claimed, but not great.

But I think Neverland is probably easier to adapt source material

ChocoBar9

Reaction score
Country
United States
From what I’ve heard Occult;Nine started off bad, but was really good as it went on
Wouldn't say it becomes good but more so doesn't get as bad as the first episode again.

nonowa

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Neverland's staff is genuine good. Honestly has potential to be the best Jump adaptation since Haikyuu.

Tanzo

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I had 3 directors in mind when thinking about the Neverland anime before.
Ryousuke Nakamura (Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash), Masashi Ishihama (Shinsekai yori + the best OPs), and Ishiguro.
If we're lucky enough, we might see Ishihama do the OP or ED for TPN.
inb4 someone points out P5 as a reason to not have him

Nemesis

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Someone who makes a "In defense of Toei Animation" video and says the TPN anime is in good hands isn't reassuring.
Because they kinda need when there's so many misinformation about them and such things in the internet.

Also, hugtto is easily one of the best show of the year, with Kitaro being pretty in there too..

Pretty good staff for Neverland. If it's true, there's everything to be good.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Neverland's staff is genuine good. Honestly has potential to be the best Jump adaptation since Haikyuu.
And My Hero

Nemesis

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Shaft with their many problems in production? There's better ones if you want to dream.

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Shaft with their many problems in production? There's better ones if you want to dream.
David Pro is the best for me but not going to bother since I rather have them work on part 5 after CT.

Shaft is also known for making a lot of changes in the BDs so no not really. Other popular studio picks seem unlikely in general.

Nemesis

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
David Pro is the best for me but not going to bother since I rather have them work on part 5 after CT.

Shaft is also known for making a lot of changes in the BDs so no not really. Other popular studio picks seem unlikely in general.
The BD change in almost all of their projects is the proof that they have problems in their productions..

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Noah's Notes has fallen in total irrelevance so I'm not surprised it is in axe danger.

Tarot

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
TPN's staff is the best assembled team I've seen for a Shonen Jump title since the staff for Bleach was first announced. As long as they don't get restrained like in MHA, the anime will easily be the best Jump adaptation like Haikyuu.

nonowa

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Will Act-Age be the next Sesuji/Samon?

susanoo13

Reaction score
Country
Israel
As one who didn't grow up on captain tsubasa, do you think the whole manga needs/will get a reboot or only the first part?
I also wish for David productions to get to Jojo part 7 already but I also wish for them to grow as a studio and be able to add under their belt more than just that. A reboot of Eyeshield 21 by them though...that would be a treat.
TPN's staff is the best assembled team I've seen for a Shonen Jump title since the staff for Bleach was first announced. As long as they don't get restrained like in MHA, the anime will easily be the best Jump adaptation like Haikyuu.
In what way is MHA anime restrained?

Nemesis

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Will Act-Age be the next Sesuji/Samon?
I hope so.

Yeah, it's a pretty good staff. I'm interested to see the designs since they picked one of the best ones in the industry.

And also the committee but that's only when it launches.

Haru Hana

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

As heartbreaking as it is I think the scenery that Pierrot/Toie will get KnY is very possible for a sub-150k sales manga. That hurt me real bad because if that the case then my hope for a good adaptation is completely gone. But before the anime/studio is official announced I will keep pray that studio Bones will get KnY, let's me dream!

Tarot

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
In what way is MHA anime restrained?
The people working on MHA are really talented but some of them aren't able to show off their skills because they're using the manga as storyboards. For example, compare it with Bones other adaptations like Kekkai Sensen season 1 or Mob Psycho. Both were amazing because the directors were allowed to go wild and not just copy paste panels. Both took advantages of the anime medium to surpass the source material.

Status
Not open for further replies.