Discussion - Do you think Lily and Soo-Won will fall in love? How do you want it to happen? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Do you think Lily and Soo-Won will fall in love? How do you want it to happen?

Mini_kinkin

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Hey guys!

So as some of you may know, after Hak X Yona ship, I love Lily X Soo-Won ship. I think they compliment each other really well.

So if you were in Kusa's place, how would you pace their romance? I don't want it to be like a time leap where they just end up being married - I want some legit moments before that. We did get a non-contextual moment recently where he hugs her, but how can one make a character like Soo-Won even fall in love when he is so preoccupied with Kouka :p.

Let me know your thoughts :D

@Aylinn

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I think that he obviously first needs to get some development to snap out of his suicidal thinking and something needs to happen to make him re-evaluate his beliefs. After this, I see no problem with seeing him involved in a romance.

Aniela

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I can much easier imagine how Lili's gonna fall in love with Su-won than the other way round... Though there are moments when he finds her hard to handle, and if it's something he's unaccustomed to, he might find it appealing. I mean, when boys swoon over you so hard that they don't even honestly speak their mind because they worry they offend you or something, it's tiring. On the other hands, boys who stay themselves and seem uninterested, appear more attractive. I guess it could work with the genders swapped too. This is likely why Su-won seems more impressed with the current Yona than her spoiled princess version.

Then again, it's not like I've got any romantic experience. I often feel like I was born into the wrong gender when it comes to this one thing :P

Last edited:

Mini_kinkin

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I think that he obviously first needs to get some development to snap out of his suicidal thinking and something needs to happen to make him re-evaluate his beliefs. After this, I see no problem with seeing him involved in a romance.
yeah, he needs to snap out of those thoughts. I think he has decided he is a horrible person or something, somewhere along the way.

I can much easier imagine how Lili's gonna fall in love with Su-won than the other way round... Though there are moments when he finds her hard to handle, and if it's something he's unaccustomed to, he might find it appealing. I mean, when boys swoon over you so hard that they don't even honestly speak their mind because they worry they offend you or something, it's tiring. On the other hands, boys who stay themselves and seem uninterested, appear more attractive. I guess it could work with the gender swapped too. This is likely why Su-won seems more impressed with the current Yona than her spoiled princess version.

Then again, it's not like I've got any romantic experience. I often feel like I was born into the wrong gender when it comes to this one thing :P
I would love it if Soo-Won is the one who gets feelings for her in subtle ways - like you said she speaks her mind and doesn't seem to be interested in him. He has formed a good friendship with her and can even trusts her with his dark memories like Hiryuu's memorial.

I just hope we get some moments and it's not like a time leap type of situation - which most probably it will be.

Maybe if they send her out of the castle back to water tribe he might miss her or something since he is used to having her as a sounding board.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
It will be but will Soo-woon survive till the end of the series?

SamuelDean

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
I think the only possible way would be a political marriage, since both of them are currently not interested in each other.

Though I see a good possibility that they could like each other.

Mini_kinkin

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I think the only possible way would be a political marriage, since both of them are currently not interested in each other.

Though I see a good possibility that they could like each other.
Yeah, though talks are going on with the Xing sisters right? Would it be more beneficial for Soo-Won to marry one of them since relations are already good with the water tribe?

SamuelDean

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Yeah, though talks are going on with the Xing sisters right? Would it be more beneficial for Soo-Won to marry one of them since relations are already good with the water tribe?
I think that Soo Won is aware that Kouren might accept his existence, but most likely would rather not marry him.
Although there is Kai Empire. If they have a princess that Soo Won could marry, then it will be the most beneficial option.

lindananahayashida

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
as much as i love their chemistry.. n would like to see them together.. doing it without some major changes in story wont be possible..

soo won sacrificing two of his closest people.. n then falling for someone he just met..? is weird..

tho i can see them together at the eos..