Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 420 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I just hope Hero Academia gets more love in covers. For some reason it usually gets less covers than Haikyuu or Neverland.

Anyways, since nothing remarkable should be for 4th June, I'm curious about what will be in next cover.
#HorikoshiDeservesRest2018 he cant keep drawing all this extra stuff when he barely does his chapters in time.

Nakurawari

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Is it possible if you could explain how these rankings work?. For example is 30 the ranking position and 18500 the sales for the week?.
It's just an estimation, but yes. If a volume ranked 30th then that number is what it is estimated to have sold.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
#HorikoshiDeservesRest2018 he cant keep drawing all this extra stuff when he barely does his chapters in time.
Indeed Horikoshi has delivered only one undefined chapter so far. You get confused with Tabata maybe.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Indeed Horikoshi has delivered only one undefined chapter so far. You get confused with Tabata maybe.
was sure horikoshi has apologized for a previous chapter as well.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Shoseki Rankings (14/5-20/5)
13. Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma #29
17. Black Clover #16
19. Boruto #5
76. We Never Learn #6
89. Robot x Laserbeam #5
231. Hinomaru Zumou #20
322. Act-age #1

30位18500/50位12600/100位8250/200位4450/300位3050/400位2250/500位1850
oh nice v1 of heroaca is still moving 4-8k volumes at least, guess there were still some holdouts after all, three weeks into the new season.

nonowa

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Most of the staff Yonko leaked last week is likely accurate, he only got the CD wrong.

tirakai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Scotland
I'm going to wait and see the actual information, Yonkou has 'confirmed' wrong speculation before (especially here that he's already got one of the staff wrong).

Rica_Patin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yonkou has a habit of exaggerating the amount of information he actually has to add to his image as an "authority" in the community.
Not that he doesn't leak info, but it's usually just glimpses he gets from early leaks of the magazine, nothing actually from inside Shueshia.

ChocoBar9

Reaction score
Country
United States
Also the info didn't really come from him specifically so you can't really blame him if its wrong. We always call him out when he posts actually false shit before but this time around the rumors have been circulating through different forums for a month now since the domain was registered. When Heroaca and BCs anime were announced in Jump were the studios also revealed alongside the announcement or were they revealed at another vendor? I know Gonzo wasn't revealed to be Zumo's studio until months after the anime was announced in Jump.

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I feel like everyone is ignoring that Yonkou said himself that the staff list he posted wasn’t confirmed. He said in his initial post that he was only posting a “rumored” staff list. He never claimed that it was fact

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Also the info didn't really come from him specifically so you can't really blame him if its wrong. We always call him out when he posts actually false shit before but this time around the rumors have been circulating through different forums for a month now since the domain was registered. When Heroaca and BCs anime were announced in Jump were the studios also revealed alongside the announcement or were they revealed at another vendor? I know Gonzo wasn't revealed to be Zumo's studio until months after the anime was announced in Jump.
HeroAca studio and staff was revealed in the issue immediately after the anime was announced. anime announced on cover of Issue 49 and studio and staff in issue 50 of 2015 I believe.

BLack Clover was a special case as its tv anime was announced with the studio at the jump festa stage event

nonowa

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
The first key visual for MHA was shown along with the announcement and people figured it was Umakoshi from that.

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hope we get a visual with the new issue

iceemperor

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
I've finally caught up to the latest issue with Hinomaru Sumou and its dumbfounding that this series sells so less. Putting the Pro saga aside, personally Part 1 is close to Slam Dunk in quality. I understand the character designs might be "ugly" as they're stocky and "not-cute" but the art, paneling and overall depiction of the sport is top notch. This is basically a samurai manga. But now I'm even more worried whether the anime staff will be able to fully depict the intensity of the matches.

ChocoBar9

Reaction score
Country
United States
^They won't. Its Gonzo worst yet revival Gonzo with all its staff gone and the key visual was enough to see they won't be able to capture the art as well in animated form.

Sheep1

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
^They won't. Its Gonzo worst yet revival Gonzo with all its staff gone and the key visual was enough to see they won't be able to capture the art as well in animated form.
Hopefully, they can but even if they can't as long as the anime can give the manga some sort of boost I'm all for that.

yonkouproductions

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
The first key visual for MHA was shown along with the announcement and people figured it was Umakoshi from that.

Actually there were rumors about the MHA staff before it was officially revealed in Jump. Heck even the anime announcement was leaked inadvertently by a Shueisha PR account that posted a cover that had the Anime Confirmation days before Jump leaked.

As for the staff list I posted last week, I posted it purely as rumors, the merit I had in those and why I posted was because I knew for certain CloverWorks was doing the adaptation thanks to some unnamed parties. As for Tanaka's involvement we'll have to see but his denial came because JP blogs weren't exactly reporting that it was a rumor. Plus you have to take into account that he's not even meant to talk about it in the first place lmao.

iceemperor

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
I'd say that change was necessary to drawn in viewers. They also seemingly made Hinomaru slimmer which doesn't bode too well as Sumou wrestlers are supposed to be big and stocky. In regards to staff, sure key Gonzo staff might be gone but the Chief Director has worked on some well animated series. I'd like to think he'll be able to get some of his colleagues from his time on OP to do Sumou but we'll see. Its the director that I'm worried about considering how butchered Jitsu wa Watashi wa ended up being, though that might have been an upper management thing.

Its also worrying that they're doing all of Part 1. I know we already talked about this but you need at least 3-4 cours for that. I can see them putting this after BC for maximum exposure, which means that the schedule will be incredibly tight.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Unfortunately it is to be expected if you do a manga sumo, a sport little followed by Japanese teenagers.

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I've finally caught up to the latest issue with Hinomaru Sumou and its dumbfounding that this series sells so less. Putting the Pro saga aside, personally Part 1 is close to Slam Dunk in quality. I understand the character designs might be "ugly" as they're stocky and "not-cute" but the art, paneling and overall depiction of the sport is top notch. This is basically a samurai manga. But now I'm even more worried whether the anime staff will be able to fully depict the intensity of the matches.
Thinking the same. Hinomaru has very good quality, and their characters are very well written.

EDIT: Otoko Ippiki chapter 4 Edited Manga is out. Man,only 4 chapters and is already one of my Jump favorite all-time titles. This manga is VERY GOOD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.