Discussion - What should SH Power Levels be by the end? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion What should SH Power Levels be by the end?

Kato756

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hi guys, how are yall doing?

This is a thread to talk where you think, or wish to see, the combat capabilities of the straw hat pirates will be by the end of the series. While I know the PL discussion on the community is a bit, ech (looking at you, Admiral VS Yonkou), we can still have some safe guesses:

Luffy = PK, strongest
Zoro= Yonkou level, since he wants to be stronger than Mihawk, and Mihawk = Shanks

But what about the rest?

Where Jinbei and Sanji will rank? Especially after the WC arc, can you see Sanji getting Yonkou level to keep up with Zoro?
And the Weak trio, Nami just got a huge power up and usopp has awakened his haki, but where will that lead them?

Again, this is not a "Current" PL discussion, but where do you realisticly see them being in the final arc/end of series

ThatOtherGuy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Algeria
I'm going to put each strawhat in a group of who I think will be similarly powerful characters:

Group 1: Luffy, Roger, Whitebeard, Blackbeard, Akainu.

Group 2: Zoro, Rayleigh,Admirals, Mihawk, Kaido, Shanks, Big Mom, Garp, Dragon, Sabo.

Group 3: Sanji, Jinbe, Benn Beckman, Katakuri, Marco, Doflamingo, Jack.

Group 4: Franky, Brook, Nami(+Zeus), Kuma, Oven, Daifuku.

Group 5: Robin, Chopper, Usopp, ??????????, I have no idea!

KimCorrea

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I see them plot level stronger than everyone that dares fight against them and with The ability to command even stronger people! Well joke aside.
I do think will be something like luffy above everyone obviously, Zoro and sanji on the same tier, I don't think above admiral, but strong enough to don't die or lose. Ill say slightly under admirals, but then again it's all about match ups!
It's hard to give tiers to the rest of the crew. But let's say their bounties will be all over 200 million I think.

Deleted member 169696

Zore slightly under an admiral? First of all admilars are not equally strong. That's that. And also, just by looking at the current power levels we clearly see that Rayleigh is past his prime so he can't fight as he used to, but even with that in mind he still managed to stood his ground against Kizaru and was said to be a living legend and even was kinda put in the same league with WB.

He is definitely up there with some of the strongest pirates of all time. And keeping in mind that Zoro intends to surpass Mihawk, who we can assume was an equal of a yonkou Red Haired Shanks at some point in time, it is basically out of question whether Zoro will be above admirals power-wise or below them.

These things are kinda obvious because it is usually a given that main characters in manga tend to surpass the generation before them and it is very easy to draw parallels here.

For the sake of speculation only. If we'd assume that Kaido is the strongest currently, then 100 = Kaido's power level, ~85-90 = around admiral level, ~65-70 strong VA level like Momonga/Vergo:

Luffy – 103-105
Zoro – 92-94
Jinbei/Sanji – 84-87
Franky – 69-71
Robin/Brook – 57-59
Nami/Usopp/Chopper – 49-51

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I see them plot level stronger than everyone that dares fight against them and with The ability to command even stronger people! Well joke aside.
I do think will be something like luffy above everyone obviously, Zoro and sanji on the same tier, I don't think above admiral, but strong enough to don't die or lose. Ill say slightly under admirals, but then again it's all about match ups!
It's hard to give tiers to the rest of the crew. But let's say their bounties will be all over 200 million I think.
Your obviously kidding right?

Zoro and Sanji in same tier???
Zoro below admiral???

First of even the most diehard Sanji fanboy can see clearly the direction Oda is taking in regards to how powerful Luffy and Zoro are above Sanji, so him being close to Zoro will never happen im afraid.
We have an admiral swordsman and a yonko swordsman who by default are below the WSS so thinking the future WSS will be below random swordsman who are below the current WSS is borderline stupid!

Anyway if i were to put it in numbers their overall strength it would go like this :

Luffy : 100
Zoro : 98
Marco : 75
Jimbe : 60
Sanji : 58
Franky : 50
Brook : 48
Carrot : 45
Usopp : 40
Chopper : 35
Robbin : 32
Nami : 30

There will be a clear difference between the real monsters and just the strong people in the world!

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
this post... I just... I just dont know where to start
Lets do it sis, thats the fun of being in a manga forum XD

One thing that has changed with the latest chapter is the possibility of Franky getting way stronger than what I had imagined when I wrote this post.

(Please, empashis on POSSIBILITY)

Mainly because of that whole "Vegapunk invented something that can make the Shichibukai obsolete". If that is indeed a combat tech, and Franky can steal some of that, oh boy.
Sure would be nice for him to go into Shichibukai+ leves of power.

Also, this is just a thought, but maybe both Usopp, Franky, and Nami could be better AoE fighters than Luffy and Sanji by the end of the series? I mean in sheer range and area of attack, since while Zoro has been shown to able to cut mountains, and Jinbei is able to do some sea current stuff, neither Luffy or Sanji have shown great AoE feats (Conqueror´s haki not withstanding)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
As for Chopper, I have no idea where he could go.

Maybe with awakening he could turn stuff into clones of himself? Tho this is Robin territory

KimCorrea

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
yup, i was joking about the whole thing, just trying to get things started!
i think your list is fine, i just dont think we can really measure things in number to put things in perspective...

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
So first off, the Mihawk = Shanks equivalent has long since been debunked. They were rivals *once* not currently.

Moriah and Kaido were once rivals you won't find a single person say that currently Kaido = Moriah. they were rivals *once*

While I think Mihawk is as close to a Yonko's individual strength as you can get, a Yonko he is not.

I addressed this first because it has been a common mosconception for years.

Now. Where do I see the strawhats power level by the end of this manga? That's harder, mostly because I want incorporate headcannon into this while at the same time wanting to equate them to currently active/I active pirate. I'm going to throw out this first list to see how well it is recieved and then go from there.

*Luffy = Yonko lvl pirate in strength. I cant equate him to a particular Yonko as they are all vastly different from each other

Zoro = Old Reyleigh (NOT PRIME REYLEIGH)

Sanji = Diamond Jozu (A physical fight who has a particular weakness for tricky df/ opponents

Jinbei = Jinbe (His strength speaks for itself)

Franky = pre time skip PX 0 modifications.

Robin = Soomthie-type command. Not a front line fight, but more than skilled enough to be one if needed. I see her in more of a tactical roll

Ussop = Master sniper equal to Van Auger/Yassop. CQC nearly nonexistant.

Chooper = a sulong mode mink

Nami = Since her attacks were closely equivalent to Enel lvl attacks and now that she has Zeus I am considering a weaker/non logia Enel level combatant.

Brook = Charlotte Amanda level fighter. below yonko commander

a very loose list with forseeably bad equivalents, but I'm not married to these lol. just for fun

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So first off, the Mihawk = Shanks equivalent has long since been debunked. They were rivals *once* not currently.

Moriah and Kaido were once rivals you won't find a single person say that currently Kaido = Moriah. they were rivals *once*

While I think Mihawk is as close to a Yonko's individual strength as you can get, a Yonko he is not.

I addressed this first because it has been a common mosconception for years.

Now. Where do I see the strawhats power level by the end of this manga? That's harder, mostly because I want incorporate headcannon into this while at the same time wanting to equate them to currently active/I active pirate. I'm going to throw out this first list to see how well it is recieved and then go from there.

*Luffy = Yonko lvl pirate in strength. I cant equate him to a particular Yonko as they are all vastly different from each other

Sanji = Diamond Jozu (A physical fight who has a particular weakness for tricky df/ opponents

Franky = pre time skip PX 0 modifications.

Robin = Soomthie-type command. Not a front line fight, but more than skilled enough to be one if needed. I see her in more of a tactical roll

Ussop = Master sniper equal to Van Auger/Yassop. CQC nearly nonexistant.

Chooper = a sulong mode mink

Nami = Since her attacks were closely equivalent to Enel lvl attacks and now that she has Zeus I am considering a weaker/non logia Enel level combatant.

Brook = Charlotte Amanda level fighter. below yonko commander

a very loose list with forseeably bad equivalents, but I'm not married to these lol. just for fun

Dunno , I still think that Mihawk is Yonkou level, because for freaking "old ass having seen a lot of shit in this life" Whitebeard to remember your duels as something that still echos in his ears, it had to be a freaking epic duel.
And even with Oda stating that current Shanks is as strong than when he had both arms (I think it was in a SBS?), for Mihawk to not want to battle him anymore implies that the current, Yonkou Shanks is slighty weaker than Mihawk´s Rival Shanks.

While I do think Luffy will be the strongest, from the way Big Mom talked about Roger, it does not look like he had a direct (or at least till almost death) fight with her...

I too can see Sanji and Jinbe being Yonkou Commanders (not Yonkou Right Hands, like Katakuri and Marco) levels, my doubt is if they will pass that.
I can see Sanji going in a line like this:

Raid Suit (Yonkou low tier commander think of 10ths and lower WB pirates), Raid Suit + Some special interaction with his Fire Powers (Yonkou Regular Commander, Jozou Tier), and maybe a Franky Upgraded Version to reach Right Hand

About Franky, dunno if a pre-time skip pacifista would be enough...with Vegapunk in the picture, the possibilities for him are endless

Robin no idea, at least in my mind if she had CoA she would be pretty high in the tier list

Usopp and Chopper I agree

A 500.000.000 bounty for Nami seems OK (as that was what Oda said Enel´s would be)

I only disagree on Brook. This is a man that was able to injure a Yonkous Soul, and, if you want to go into anime, was able to fight Oven.
And we don´t even know if he is awakened yet.

Deleted member 169696

They had countless duels, which speaks for itself. To say something is debunked one needs to reference a manga page or Oda's statement or something. Shanks was a yonkou back then as well. Perhaps he has gotten stronger. But same logic can be applied to Mihawk. Mihawk can still be weaker than Shanks at the moment, but that doesn't take away from his strength which is most likely yonkou level.

I know we're doing this for fun, but why would Zoro not be as powerful as prime Reyleigh? Makes zero sense to me.

Kinda agree here but at the same time I hope he will reach the level of an average right hand man of a yonkou. Maybe even slightly above that. It makes sense to me that all of the SH absolutely must surpass those who we can compare them to currently. Like third strongest in WB crew – Jozu. Third strongest in SH crew – arguably Sanji. So Sanji should be one or half tier above that imo.

He is a fkn beast! :-0

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
They had countless duels, which speaks for itself. To say something is debunked one needs to reference a manga page or Oda's statement or something. Shanks was a yonkou back then as well. Perhaps he has gotten stronger. But same logic can be applied to Mihawk. Mihawk can still be weaker than Shanks at the moment, but that doesn't take away from his strength which is most likely yonkou level.

I know we're doing this for fun, but why would Zoro not be as powerful as prime Reyleigh? Makes zero sense to me.

Kinda agree here but at the same time I hope he will reach the level of an average right hand man of a yonkou. Maybe even slightly above that. It makes sense to me that all of the SH absolutely must surpass those who we can compare them to currently. Like third strongest in WB crew – Jozu. Third strongest in SH crew – arguably Sanji. So Sanji should be one or half tier above that imo.

Even before his showing in WCI, ever since Fishman Island, I am fine with Jinbei being stronger than Sanji.

Tho this is pure bias, if there is any crew member I want to be Yonkou level aside from the plot induced Zoro, It´d be Jinbei

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States

This is the problem. how do you know Mihawk was rival to *yonko* Shanks? That not based in fact. Please refer to my Moriah/Kaido arguement.

Being a rival "once" means nothing. If Mihawk was as strong as any of the Yonko the balance of the 3 powers would have long since been unbalanced

But I cant get into this arguement again. people have a way of bringing false facts into this particular arguement and I just can't lol!

as for not being prime reyliegh, old reyleigh was strong strong enough to fight kizaru yo a standstill. Me to expect any more from zoro would be arrogance and wishful thinking on my part

Deleted member 169696

This is the problem. how do you know Mihawk was rival to *yonko* Shanks? That not based in fact. Please refer to my Moriah/Kaido arguement.
Being rivals is one thing, but dueling on a regular basis is a whole different concept. It means they were more or less even, because otherwise one wouldn't be interested to participate in a duel in the first place imo.

As to whether Shanks was a yonko 10-12 years ago, I think it is strongly implied that he was. When Garp talks about the yonkou for the first time he says that there are four kings who maintain the balance in the new world. So at the very least he should have been a yonkou for a while at that point in time, to have his territories and an established fleet. But who knows, not gonna insist...

Being a rival "once" means nothing. If Mihawk was as strong as any of the Yonko the balance of the 3 powers would have long since been unbalanced
Not necessarily. I mean, top commanders in yonkou crews can pretty much tackle with the admirals no problem. I would even argue that right hand men could fight on par with them. Also what really makes yonkou a yonkou is a powerful crew and a fleet/allies. So being individually as strong as yonkou doesn't necessarily make the system unbalanced. Even Weevil is said to be as strong as young Whitebeard.

Me to expect any more from zoro would be arrogance and wishful thinking on my part
Why??

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
like I said. assumptions get thrown into the mikawk=shanks arguement.
mihawk and shanks were rivals
kaido and moriah were rivals

now to say that based on a past rivalry that mihawk and shanks are still equal is false and baseless as we have seen a past rivalry with a yonko and shichibukai is meaningless.

You just simply cant base mihawks power based on his fights with shanks. You can keep fighting it, but there is a clear precedence in the manga, that's all I'm saying.

as for the zoro part, prime reyleigh just seems like an over the top power level to bestow on zoro. this is just my opinion.

Last edited:

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
South Africa

now to say that based on a past rivalry that mihawk and shanks are still equal is false and baseless as we have seen a past rivalry with a yonko and shichibukai is meaningless.

You just simply cant base mihawks power based on his fights with shanks. You can keep fighting it, but there is a clear precedence in the manga, that's all I'm saying.

as for the zoro part, prime reyleigh just seems like an over the top power level to bestow on zoro. this is just my opinion.
Ok let me clarify something for you since you seem to be misinformed of something:

Moriah and Kaido were never rivals, Moria went to the new world and got his crew killed off for challenging a yonko, calling Moriah his rival is like calling Squalo rival to Roger or Don Krieg a rival to Mihawk and thats just stupid!

You seem to think Shanks is stronger than Mihawk for some weird reason can you clarify for me please why is that since the story says Mihawk is stronger.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Ok let me clarify something for you since you seem to be misinformed of something:

Moriah and Kaido were never rivals, Moria went to the new world and got his crew killed off for challenging a yonko, calling Moriah his rival is like calling Squalo rival to Roger or Don Krieg a rival to Mihawk and thats just stupid!

You seem to think Shanks is stronger than Mihawk for some weird reason can you clarify for me please why is that since the story says Mihawk is stronger.
This

Also, man, I wish that by the end of this series Odas does release a power ranking.

Do you guys think Sanji will be able to take out a Admiral 1v1 by the end of the series?
I mean, ever since OP 18 (i think), where he was shown fighting Kizaru, haven´t we all expected that?

ThatOtherGuy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Algeria

It's Mihawk who refuses to duel a cripple btw :p

Not that I dislike Shanks, he's awesome. He's just not all he could have been one on one (which is probably why he's not pirate king). And the narrative of the story has been set up so that either of the two could be stronger. I'd be very disappointed if none of the Shichibukai could rival the Yonko one on one. Mihawk is one of the strongest pirates who have chosen to survive alone. Shanks is one the four strongest and most influencial pirate captains out there. Just like Shanks is not competing for WSS anymore, Mihawk has never actually competed amongst traditional pirate captains for Yonko or Pirate King. It's really up to Oda to make a choice on who's stronger near the end, depending on what he needs for the plot, if any.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States

actually, let me clarify something for you since you seem to be misinformed.
Mihawk is not stronger. we dont know who is.

where does it say mihawk is stronger lol?
like I said previously, people have a habit of throwing in false facts concerning this particular arguement...

please don't say it's because mihawk didnt want to fight a one armed man because it has already been established that Shanks did not lose any of his battle prowess.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It's Mihawk who refuses to duel a cripple btw :p

Not that I dislike Shanks, he's awesome. He's just not all he could have been one on one (which is probably why he's not pirate king). And the narrative of the story has been set up so that either of the two could be stronger. I'd be very disappointed if none of the Shichibukai could rival the Yonko one on one. Mihawk is one of the strongest pirates who have chosen to survive alone. Shanks is one the four strongest and most influencial pirate captains out there. Just like Shanks is not competing for WSS anymore, Mihawk has never actually competed amongst traditional pirate captains for Yonko or Pirate King. It's really up to Oda to make a choice on who's stronger near the end, depending on what he needs for the plot, if any.
your okay quoting that mihawk wont fight a cripple but wont quote that Shanks didnt lose ANY of his strength despite losing an arm?

I'm not being biased here. I like both Shanks and Mihawk equally. I honestly dont know which is stronger, and we may never find out. They clearly have put their rivalry in the past as they are comfortable partying with each other now.

signs point to Shanks not even wanting to be Pirate King. Sengoku even says hes not the type of man to make reckless moves. he plays it way to safe to be pk. Big Mom is building alliances, Kaido is building an army, bb is stealing dfs, but shanks??? he's not making any moves to be PK.

strawhatcrew

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
eos
strawhatcrew will be equal, on par or least the level of

luffy - roger
zorro - mihawk
sanji - marco
jinbei - jozu
nami - enel