Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 388 Discussion / 389 Predictions | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 388 Discussion / 389 Predictions

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
He used 2 just now to escape Jahad, awake or not he used two when he was exhausted. the way he use them both now and the way to use torns perfectly is different.
I don't think it can be said that he did it when he was unconscious. Even the others said that it activated so that Baam could escape, implying that it was not Baam himself who was doing it. I think it was the work of one of the Thryssa inside him.

Brian Taboada

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think it can be said that he did it when he was unconscious. Even the others said that it activated so that Baam could escape, implying that it was not Baam himself who was doing it. I think it was the work of one of the Thryssa inside him.
I think that is splitting hairs. To say Baam has the power of an administrator then stop short of saying that he used the second thorn because it was the administrator inside him who did it? I think the activation of the thorn is no different than certain reflexes. We don't have to be conscious to do it but we are still the ones who do it.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I think that is splitting hairs. To say Baam has the power of an administrator then stop short of saying that he used the second thorn because it was the administrator inside him who did it? I think the activation of the thorn is no different than certain reflexes. We don't have to be conscious to do it but we are still the ones who do it.
Baam never did something like that unconsciously before though. I don't remember it at least. He did everything he could against Data Zahard and was extremely tired, he doesn't even control one fragment well and suddenly he is able to use two like that while being unconscious? Even if he is an Irregular, that would be too much for me.

SIU said that Baam can't use the full powers of the Thryssa inside him as he is right now, he can only use a part of it. And the first time he used the Orb with the Thorn he said the overflowing power was being controlled by someone else. So, the Thryssa taking control of the unconscious Baam's body to open a portal in space and save him makes perfect sense to me.

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
regardless if he did it unconciously or not. the thorn activated inside him. As far as we know if it merged with him it wont get out ofhim unless he is killed off and if thats where SIU is going then SIU has gone mad.

Brian Taboada

Reaction score
Country
United States
Baam never did something like that unconsciously before though. I don't remember it at least. He did everything he could against Data Zahard and was extremely tired, he doesn't even control one fragment well and suddenly he is able to use two like that while being unconscious? Even if he is an Irregular, that would be too much for me.

SIU said that Baam can't use the full powers of the Thryssa inside him as he is right now, he can only use a part of it. And the first time he used the Orb with the Thorn he said the overflowing power was being controlled by someone else. So, the Thryssa taking control of the unconscious Baam's body to open a portal in space and save him makes perfect sense to me.
On the floor of test where he protected Rachel when Hwa Run attacked. The shinsoo appeared to attack on its own was as it was described.

I agree with your second statement but like to think that Baam as the vessel is still responsible for it all.

paulbee

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hei, i have a bad feeling..
Because the stingray ate the bracelet, so there is a low change for Baam to win the "treasure hunt" challenge with Gustang or Rachel. (I mean a condition when Baam have that bracelet in his hand to be given to Gustang)
Meanwhile, Rachel has a high change to win the challenge if she is aware that "her" stingray ate it.
So, what I want to discuss here is do you remember the challenge's reward?? o_o)
I just don't want to imagine Rachel have that thorn while Baan is the one who nearly dead trying to take that bracelet FROM THE KING!

Man.. I miss khun and beta, is he okay stuck in that box this entire arc? I really hope khun willn't die..
I'm sorry for my bad English.
As I recall there is no reward. Rachel was an unwitting participant, and Bam went to the HF as a favor to Gustang for him saving Rachel. Furthermore I suspect the thorn, since it activated cannot be removed from Bam without killing him.

Megatronacc

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
wow after reading 385 chapter I started searching for spoilers and found 3 chapters more ha made my day :) Zahard is really the worst and powerful protagonist ever now things are gonna get so bad I hope Gustang , Fug and Urek attacks Zahards army

JyuiGrace

Reaction score
Country
England
This is the season 2 chapter 305 postscript. For those who haven't seen it.

For this week..
I drew kids watching the power of outside Zahard..

Actually, my enteritis relapsed a few days ago
So even now, I am fighting with my stomachache as I am writing this postscript ha ha
Gastritis and enteritis are taking turns to make me suffer(...)

It looks like the battle with Zahard is done now.
Not so much of "Actually data Zahard is a good guy after all!.."
But more of "Actually data Zahard is an adventure freak!" kind of ish ^^;

Rachel, this time again, was given a role of backstabbing(...)
But compared to the past, she came off as a more bold villain(?)
She had her own reason.. and was more active in her action;;
Whether that's good or not
Clearly, she is changing.
For various reasons,
I assigned a lesser volume of the story to this side than I originally planned to
So it has become more difficult to make the plot progression sometimes
Still, I will try my best to end it well.

The outside Zahard, or rather, the real Zahard.
Made an appearance a little earlier than expected ^^;
How can I put it.. It feels like the final boss has appeared in front of noobs.
To be honest, it's just a part of outside Zahard's power that's been converted into data,
so saying it's "real" isn't so accurate
By the setting, the ten House Heads are in fact tall and bulky
But this time, I drew him even bigger.
I hope you have felt Zahard's threatening power.

Anyway, the Tower of God has been one thing after another, Zahard after data Zahard
Is it Baam's destiny to suffer no matter how strong he gets
Hope you guys will check it out next week.
For me, I will take a better care of myself.. and return ^^
I feel sorry to readers saying that I'm sick every time
Have a happy and healthy week !
See you next week
I'm so thankful for those who continue reading and visiting me.

Thank you
All credits to the TOG wiki page

Scooptywoop

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Enryu’s hair color being red or the shinsoo around him being red doesn’t automatically mean that he used the thorn, for all we know the thorn is enryu’s powers crystalized.

A theory is that enryu is just a regular person or was but then when he saw the desecrated floor he couldn’t stand it so he absorbed the thorn used it to fight the followers of zahard and the guardian and then put it back out for baam

Brian Taboada

Reaction score
Country
United States
When this chapter publishes on line we need a thread for 'Who will Wangnan kill". I bet the weapon is specially made for Gustang. Though it should be interesting that rankers are coming to kill all the train inhabitants and Wangnan was promised that the weapon will save all his friends.

mcnasty996

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think @kkck and @Brian Taboada mentioned it but I'd hazard a guess to say that Thorn works like an Inifnity Gauntlet of sorts. The first one being equivalent to the power stone among whatever Baam is doing(i.e. pushing his physical stats a la when he went bezerk on the Train Station or boosting his Flow Control) while the second one works like the Space Stone being able to directly manipulate space(Opening a gate back to the train).

Makes one wonder how the other two function but it does make sense how with the whole thing you can essentially become a god among admins in the Tower.

OneEye

Reaction score
Country
Cameroon
When this chapter publishes on line we need a thread for 'Who will Wangnan kill". I bet the weapon is specially made for Gustang. Though it should be interesting that rankers are coming to kill all the train inhabitants and Wangnan was promised that the weapon will save all his friends.
It makes no sense that Wangan is charged with the task of killing a family head.
His target can only be a regular like himself
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Looks like this is when Hoaquin will really absorb his last clone.
I'm pretty sure it's her who'll come begging to be absorbed.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
The very fact that a high ranking princess from the Ha family with two 13 months is involved means that that entire family will be dragged into this war.

Last edited:

Aegrus

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Enryu’s hair color being red or the shinsoo around him being red doesn’t automatically mean that he used the thorn, for all we know the thorn is enryu’s powers crystalized.

A theory is that enryu is just a regular person or was but then when he saw the desecrated floor he couldn’t stand it so he absorbed the thorn used it to fight the followers of zahard and the guardian and then put it back out for baam
If Enryu was just a regular person, then why would he think about leaving the Thorn behind for someone else while he himself has enough power to probably defeat anyone in the tower.

paulbee

Reaction score
Country
United States
I believe it was stated that Enryuu is the servant of The God outside the tower and as such he is not a regular person.

As seen above Enryu appeared through a portal in the sky, specifically to give Bam the thorn for him to use against Zahad

Last edited:

JyuiGrace

Reaction score
Country
England
I have a question although I feel like I'm over thinking this. The question is what is Baam shinsu quality?. Is the orb both is shape and quality? Or is it simply just a shape and the black stuff the quality ?.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I have a question although I feel like I'm over thinking this. The question is what is Baam shinsu quality?. Is the orb both is shape and quality? Or is it simply just a shape and the black stuff the quality ?.
For Baam it's just Orb. No ice, rock or anything with it. Only pure Shinsoo.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It makes no sense that Wangan is charged with the task of killing a family head.
His target can only be a regular like himself
Could be Baam though considering the situation, and Baam is not a Regular.

JyuiGrace

Reaction score
Country
England
For Baam it's just Orb. No ice, rock or anything with it. Only pure Shinsoo.

Could be Baam though considering the situation, and Baam is not a Regular.
I've never thought of it that way. Now another question are those wings his second shape/attribute?

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I think Enryus quality was the Thorn. Similarly Bams is Orb. For both of them activating their type just enhance their power takes them to abnormal stage where they can even threaten beings like Admin (Bam havent but give him time)

Siya101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I think @kkck and @Brian Taboada mentioned it but I'd hazard a guess to say that Thorn works like an Inifnity Gauntlet of sorts. The first one being equivalent to the power stone among whatever Baam is doing(i.e. pushing his physical stats a la when he went bezerk on the Train Station or boosting his Flow Control) while the second one works like the Space Stone being able to directly manipulate space(Opening a gate back to the train).

Makes one wonder how the other two function but it does make sense how with the whole thing you can essentially become a god among admins in the Tower.
cool ass theory wonder what the other two thorns will activate

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I think Enryus quality was the Thorn. Similarly Bams is Orb. For both of them activating their type just enhance their power takes them to abnormal stage where they can even threaten beings like Admin (Bam havent but give him time)
The Thorn? Don't you mean Spear? He was fighting by throwing red spears and he was a Spear Bearer, the Thorn mosty boosts the wielder's abilities.

I've never thought of it that way. Now another question are those wings his second shape/attribute?
These wings are an evolution of Blue Oar, under the influence of Baam's unique powers(absorption and stuff, things are still a bit unclear about his abilities exactly). SIU said it'll be possible for Baam to make them accelerate and attack with them in the future.