The ultimate Estarossa origin theory | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The ultimate Estarossa origin theory

Scylidose

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
So I'll share a theory that comes directly from that french youtube video : along with my speculations.

There he explain that Estarossa is Mael, but Gowther changed his memory with the memories of Zeldris, Meliodas and Elizabeth (personally I don't think that Elizabeth memories were put). That's why Estarossa doesn't look like none of his brother (tall, beard, grey hair, ...).

The part where Estarossa admired Meliodas is the memories of Zeldris admiring his older brother, Meliodas saying he'll try to arange things between Estarossa and Elizabeth could be Zeldris memories but with aranging Zeldris and Gelda.

Meliodas memories could be the part where Meliodas was always with Elizabeth and Estarossa developed love for her with that.

Estarossa wasn't affected by GrayRoad commandment when he killed Meliodas, ... There is plenty of clues, post a comment if you saw one ! :D

Let's not forget everybody else, to stop this Holy War, Gowther altered the memory of everybody concerning Mael, and created Estarossa, that's why the Demon king, Meliodas, Elizabeth couldn't remember properly Estarossa.

We don't even know how look Mael (he just have long gray hair, Estarossa maybe have long hair but he cut it to look like Meliodas).
Gowther always looking guilty talking about Estarossa and Mael.
https://imgur.com/rN5Zov0

I think if he did that was to restore the balance between the two clans again, by "killing" the strongest archangel and adding a new commandment, the balance was restored but the war was still raging and it needed to end in one way or another (this is where the goddess were sacrified).

Let me think what you think about this and let's debate together ! :)
And sorry for my poor writing skills ^^'

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
So I'll share a theory that comes directly from that french youtube video : along with my speculations.

There he explain that Estarossa is Mael, but Gowther changed his memory with the memories of Zeldris, Meliodas and Elizabeth (personally I don't think that Elizabeth memories were put). That's why Estarossa doesn't look like none of his brother (tall, beard, grey hair, ...).

The part where Estarossa admired Meliodas is the memories of Zeldris admiring his older brother, Meliodas saying he'll try to arange things between Estarossa and Elizabeth could be Zeldris memories but with aranging Zeldris and Gelda.

Meliodas memories could be the part where Meliodas was always with Elizabeth and Estarossa developed love for her with that.

Estarossa wasn't affected by GrayRoad commandment when he killed Meliodas, ... There is plenty of clues, post a comment if you saw one ! :D

Let's not forget everybody else, to stop this Holy War, Gowther altered the memory of everybody concerning Mael, and created Estarossa, that's why the Demon king, Meliodas, Elizabeth couldn't remember properly Estarossa.

We don't even know how look Mael (he just have long gray hair, Estarossa maybe have long hair but he cut it to look like Meliodas).
Gowther always looking guilty talking about Estarossa and Mael.
https://imgur.com/rN5Zov0

I think if he did that was to restore the balance between the two clans again, by "killing" the strongest archangel and adding a new commandment, the balance was restored but the war was still raging and it needed to end in one way or another (this is where the goddess were sacrified).

Let me think what you think about this and let's debate together ! :)
And sorry for my poor writing skills ^^'
Well he maybe Mael but him not being affected by Grayroad's commandment is nothing surprising. No Commandment gets effected by other Commandment's commandment.

Scylidose

Reaction score
Country
France
Well he maybe Mael but him not being affected by Grayroad's commandment is nothing surprising. No Commandment gets effected by other Commandment's commandment.
Oh alright I didn't even understood this, thanks for the precisions ^^

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Oh alright I didn't even understood this, thanks for the precisions ^^
In a simple language a commandment (let's say Zeldris) will not be effected by another 10C's(let's say Estarossa) commandment like love.So however hatred Zeldris may bear he will not be powerless from love.So Estarossa will not be effected by Grayroad's commandment in the same way.

Scylidose

Reaction score
Country
France
In a simple language a commandment (let's say Zeldris) will not be effected by another 10C's(let's say Estarossa) commandment like love.So however hatred Zeldris may bear he will not be powerless from love.So Estarossa will not be effected by Grayroad's commandment in the same way.
Yep I understand now, but maybe this protection is from the Deity bless given for Mael and not by the demon king commandment (just speculations)

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
But I don't believe the memory of Estrossa being born without darkness being a scrub and when endowed with the commandment of love received the power of darkness & started to go a bit crazy....Interrsting theory im only reluctant to my speculation of an angel being stripped of his power then being granted the power of darkness hmmmm idk...Estraossa supposed pass is obviously fake though..& I think it's hard for me to think Sariel n Tamriel wouldn't find resemblance in Estrossa or carry such a hate for someone that killer mael....

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I had a similar idea, I wrote about it at the chapter discussion thread. Estarosa for some reason being mael would begin to make sense of some things though the question is what exactly happened to the real estarosa. Did he actually die fighting mael? Where their souls swapped or merged? Is the real estarosa possessing mael? It does seem like gowther chikanery is required to explain the memory bit though. Not to mention that we are talking about a spell sufficiently powerful to affect even the gods for as astonishing amount of time. In other memory manipulation cases we have seen memories tend to return within a few years apparently as was the case with gowther.

Scylidose

Reaction score
Country
France
I had a similar idea, I wrote about it at the chapter discussion thread. Estarosa for some reason being mael would begin to make sense of some things though the question is what exactly happened to the real estarosa. Did he actually die fighting mael? Where their souls swapped or merged? Is the real estarosa possessing mael? It does seem like gowther chikanery is required to explain the memory bit though. Not to mention that we are talking about a spell sufficiently powerful to affect even the gods for as astonishing amount of time. In other memory manipulation cases we have seen memories tend to return within a few years apparently as was the case with gowther.
No, the point is that Estarossa existence was a lie, he never existed before the end of the Holy War ! The memory of him child was created by Gowther and implented in the head of everyone, he just rewrite Mael memories to become what we have now, Estarossa.

Last edited:

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
No, the point is that Estarossa existence was a lie, he never existed before the end of the Holy War ! The memory of him child was created by Gowther and implented in the head of everyone, he just rewrite Mael memories to become what we have now, Estarossa.
for what purpose?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
No, the point is that Estarossa existent was a lie ! The memory of him child was created by Gowther and implented in the head of everyone, he just rewrite Mael memories to become what we have now, Estarossa.
Ah ok (I didn't bother and will not bother wasting my time watching a youtube video). It's a plausible scenario as well. It would explain why meliodas cares less about estarosa than about zeldris and why estarosa is suspiciously absent from other people's memories. Not to mention the inconsistencies between estarosa's appearances in flashbacks. Estarosa appears as a kid behind meliodas as leader of the 10 commandments however it would have been impossible for estarosa to be a commandment back then if meliodas' commandment was love... And his meetings with elizabeth.....

I would feel kinda cheated if there never was an estarosa at all though. I personally like "estarosa" so him being fabricated like that is something I am not a fan of.

Scylidose

Reaction score
Country
France
for what purpose?
I suppose to make the goddess loose this war and use the seal.
Or let's think that way : Meliodas betray demon clan and joind stigma, Gowther destroy Mael existence (Mael become now one of the 10 comandment) and is no longer a archangel. This bring balance in the high rank of both clan, Meliodas successor of the demon king, the most powerfull demon leave the demon clan, Mael, the strongest Archangel leave the goddess clan to join the comandment (Influented by Gowther), looks like some kind of balance to me.

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
Or let's think that way : Meliodas betray demon clan and joind stigma, Gowther destroy Mael existence (Mael become now one of the 10 comandment) and is no longer a archangel. This bring balance in the high rank of both clan, Meliodas successor of the demon king, the most powerfull demon leave the demon clan, Mael, the strongest Archangel leave the goddess clan to join the comandment (Influented by Gowther), looks like some kind of balance to me.
what is the point of a balance if it doesn't stop the war.

Scylidose

Reaction score
Country
France
what is the point of a balance if it doesn't stop the war.
In the end the war was stoped tho ?
We had balance between the two clans (the two of them got sealed, and vanished from history during 3000 years)

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
In the end the war was stoped tho ?
We had balance between the two clans (the two of them got sealed, and vanished from history during 3000 years)
The war was postponed, that doesn't sound like a stop.

TarXan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Estarossa also has no feats in the Holy War but when he killed Mael

Gowther implanted the “ he couldn’t hurt even a fly “ because “ Estarossa the Demon “ never existed

Estarossa was featless until Mael died

Raiyan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Mel joined Stigma and Mael joined 10C cause gowther needed to balance the power i don't see how that adds up. If Mael is Esta and joins 10C he looses his grace and the equal power balance you are talking about gets broken cause the grace is what makes him Strongest AA and without it he's like anyother Angles (ofcourse a bit stronger than normal ones).

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mel joined Stigma and Mael joined 10C cause gowther needed to balance the power i don't see how that adds up. If Mael is Esta and joins 10C he looses his grace and the equal power balance you are talking about gets broken cause the grace is what makes him Strongest AA and without it he's like anyother Angles (ofcourse a bit stronger than normal ones).
what does that accomplish? It just returns things to the status quo.

Tragicdeath

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So if Estarossa is Mael therefore Ludo doesnt know his brother as well as Sar and Tar? Interesting. The DK's convo with Mel's emotion was like wtf is going on. Even the DK himself the omnipotent in the demon world couldnt fucking remember anything Estarossa is, this is crazy shit right here. What Im trying to say Estarossa could be the demon king no? If Mel has emotions so as DK. The one whos living in the purgatory is the demon kings emotion. And Gowther knows this Estarossa is the demon king. All the bullshit that hes a weakling was all played. Look Estarossa absorbed 2 commandment, hes suppose to be dead by now. But wait he became eviler. The fuck hes gonna die anytime soon, no no no uh-oh. Hes just getting started of becoming the demon king and the reunion and joyous moment that the DK foreseen will be in reality. Anyhoo, yeah Estarossa is the demon king.

Scylidose

Reaction score
Country
France
I can't still proper explain why Gowther would do this (I just expect to make balance), but we'll see soon or later anyway ^^

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
I can't still proper explain why Gowther would do this (I just expect to make balance), but we'll see soon or later anyway ^^
Gowther wanted to end the war so maybe he did it.