Football - 2018 FIFA World Cup | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Football 2018 FIFA World Cup

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I hope India gets to host the world cup in 2030.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Spain just fired Lopetegui after the faux pas with Real Madrid. :lmao
My bracket right now:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Canada is hosting the world cup in 2026! :squee:squee:squee
Gonna be honest, it sounds pretty awful logistics wise to hold a world cup in such a massive space. Players had already complained about US 94 and Brazil most recently, and Mexico/US/Canada is taking it to a next level.

Late edit: obviously, it fucks fans in the ass hardcore too.

Last edited:

Reebi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
My bracket right now:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Gonna be honest, it sounds pretty awful logistics wise to hold a world cup in such a massive space. Players had already complained about US 94 and Brazil most recently, and Mexico/US/Canada is taking it to a next level.

The time zones for the players would really suck and different climates. Going from Edmonton to Mexico City would not be fun.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Spain just fired Lopetegui after the faux pas with Real Madrid. :lmao

'94 still holds the attendance record IIRC. The competition will expand to 48 teams too. What's more of a logistical problem there? More travel time or not enough venues? NA's bid has 16 existing venues and more could be added, while Morocco only had 14 (9 of which don't even exist yet). So it was probably a no-brainer, as FIFA only care about the profit margin obviously. We should have been awarded the 2022 cup in all honesty, and Morocco was the best competition this time? Yikes. Not that I wouldn't want to see another CAF World Cup or anything.

At this point I think it'd make more sense to rotate the hosts by confederation though.
@Vici don't wait until the last moment now :wowsoBOB

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
They do, but in this case I think it might not be too heavily weighed towards that. The brackets this time have separate pick phases(Groups and each round of the Knockout), that way if you're completely wrong about who makes it out of a particular group, you can still earn points for picking knockout games correctly. The impact of a Germany or Spain somehow not getting our of their group might be less of a bracket-buster.
They only ask for group winners in the predictions, I guess predicting the teams which will take the 2nd place in groups is usually the harder part. To compensate for this, they ask other questions which are less relevant in the big picture IMHO. Not a big deal but rather out of ordinary.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
They only ask for group winners in the predictions, I guess predicting the teams which will take the 2nd place in groups is usually the harder part. To compensate for this, they ask other questions which are less relevant in the big picture IMHO. Not a big deal but rather out of ordinary.
Yeah I don't like it either, but I guess there's less chance of ties and stuff. Plus I guess it's nice if your picks get wrecked early, you can still earn points in knockout.

Sheep1

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Maaan what are England doing, bid for a World Cup to be hosted here.

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Whoever made this fixture should have fixed it by hand
You would need to change the rules.

The Host ( or whatever you call that ) always play the first match and the draw we are about to potentially have underwhelming start..

But hey sometimes when the two teams like that are playing you get one of the best matches...

But usually, it sucks :XD
@xi0 Cesc is just

For me, he should be in the squad but he always had that problem with national coaches like the previous one was openly telling him that as long he plays in England he has no place in the National team.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Whoever made this fixture should have fixed it by hand. Russia vs Saudi Arabia for the opening game. Jesus..
I was talking to Farfs about it today, and I'm too lazy to research, but the Saudi players will very likely be affected due to Ramadan. Russia picked well.
You would need to change the rules.

The Host ( or whatever you call that ) always play the first match and the draw we are about to potentially have underwhelming start..

But hey sometimes when the two teams like that are playing you get one of the best matches...

But usually, it sucks :XD
@xi0 Cesc is just

For me, he should be in the squad but he always had that problem with national coaches like the previous one was openly telling him that as long he plays in England he has no place in the National team.
A change in the rules is needed. I find it ridiculous that we had group seeds taken in the last WCs by shitty teams like South Africa, Russia and Brazil.

:kappa
--- Double Post Merged, ---
The intro is messy (and a bit cheesy imo) but at least not shameful like Brazil's '-'

No pitbull is already an improvement.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Nvm this is basically just a Robbie Williams concert.

But yay not Brazil bad.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Yeah, but it could have been Russia vs Uruguay and it'd be fine. This is the worst case scenario!

Also, Hardy, Argentina is my #1 team in the tournament. Don't make it easy for me to start cheering for one other with your bm :frankerz

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
The Saudi keeper has a belly bigger than mine.

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I hope it ends that way..

Edit: Ugh.... :D

Last edited:

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Also, there are at least two defenders in Saudi Arabia who were matchfixing in the first half.

Based on gameplay, I will be surprised if Russia scores another goal in this World Cup :frankerz

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Welp Russia just won the WC '-'

I think I predicted a tie fml.

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Dat goal made me wet :hurr ( Fourth one not fifth :P )

Honestly, we will see Uruguay will be the real test for them.

SA didn't even have an accurate shot on goal with 60 % ball possession ( smh.. around that ) and that speaks for itself..