Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 512 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I would find it ironic if Noah Notes got dumped before any of the Jump Rising lol. Most people including me had it as the safe bet to be the most likely to survive. Noah strikes me as a series that tries way too hard to fit into the subculture introduced in the current generation of Jump’s readership. I wonder what japs are seeing in Jujutsu over it.

Also I hope some kind soul will be able to post some early scans of Volume Origin after the movie debuts in August. Interested in the interview, I hope Hori gives Oda some great advice on how to spruce up the direction of his story.

Koi Kage

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I would find it ironic if Noah Notes got dumped before any of the Jump Rising lol. Most people including me had it as the safe bet to be the most likely to survive. Noah strikes me as a series that tries way too hard to fit into the subculture introduced in the current generation of Jump’s readership. I wonder what japs are seeing in Jujutsu over it.

Also I hope some kind soul will be able to post some early scans of Volume Origin after the movie debuts in August. Interested in the interview, I hope Hori gives Oda some great advice on how to spruce up the direction of his story.
It's still early for Jujutsu I'd let it get placed for a few more issue before saying that Japan likes it as Noah's Note use to place around where Jujutsu is now and well you see where its at now after some time.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Im confused how your first line says safe bet but then your second line says it tries way too hard? That seems the opposite of why you thought it was a safe bet.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
This analysis is more after comparing the first two chapters of the Jump Rising in my perspective. Chapter 3 and beyond Noah Notes’ plot lost me and I became more in tune with Ziga’s plot. Safe bet is moreso saying “if I was an average reader which would I prefer out of the 3”

Nakurawari

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Shoseki Rankings(11/6-17/6)
1. One Piece #89
6. The Promised Neverland #9
22. Gintama #73
40. Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba #11
393. Lycopene the Tamatoy Poodle

30位24800/50位18400/100位8750/200位5000/300位3200//400位2350/500位1950

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Shoseki Rankings(11/6-17/6
Slam dunk domination continues

while HeroAca continues to do the good work with every volume present. Nice. If it can keep up even in the 2nd cour and weeks thereafter it makes a good run towards perhaps being 3rd best selling series of this year.

HxH ametalk boost was incredibly shortlived.

Caiops

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Why is TPN having another boost?

MangAniMY

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
The one piece bag for the august issue of ribon is so... meh

then again, what other design could they had used for a girl magazine

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Pubblicity and curiosity for the anime.

Neverland is one of the most awarded and publicized manga of the moment, logical that with the announcement attract even more curious.

iceemperor

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock

Chuck_Atlas

Reaction score
Country
Peru
We are still not getting all of the new volume covers?

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
Invade You chapter 5 continues to be simple, silly, slice-of-life shenanigans. I've been enjoying it so far, but I think there's a good chance it'll quickly end up a bottom-dweller. Momiji chapter 6 continues to be very average to me. I can't figure out if I'm liking it or not. I haven't felt this neutral toward a series in a long time lol

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Not related but some of the HxH fans are sad for attacking that youtuber just because he didn't agree with HxH being a seinen disguised as a shonen.

Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
guess i missed that it was an aniplex usa anime, no eng dub i guess.

OtterBrigade

Reaction score
Country
Canada
guess i missed that it was an aniplex usa anime, no eng dub i guess.
I don't think it was actually confirmed until now just pretty likely since pretty much 90% of Aniplex shows go to AoA (Franxx is the only exception I can think of)

Status
Not open for further replies.