Mag Talk - Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan) - Part 2 (2015 - 2021) | Page 113 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan) - Part 2 (2015 - 2021)

Your opinion about the 1st episode of Komi-san, wa Komyushou desu?

• Amazing

• Very Good

• Good

• Average

• Bad

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heiji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
表紙 : 小栗有以
卷頭 : 『探偵ゼノと7つの殺人密室』
#34 :
Cover : Yui Oguri
Lead color : Tantei Xeno to 7-tsu no Satsujin Misshitsu

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Issue #33 TOC
Sorry it's late, currently at AX.

Major 2nd by Takuya Mitsuda (Lead color pages/Chapter 145)
Marry Grave by Hidenori Yamaji (Chapter 28)
Daiku no Hatou by Michiteru Kusaba (Chapter 57)
Hatsukoi Zombie by Ryou Minenami (Chapter 133)
Detective Conan: Zero's Tea Time: Supervised by Gosho Aoyama/ Art by Takahiro Arai (Chapter 9)
Amano Megumi Suki Darake! by Nekoguchi (Chapter 130)
Hoankan Evans no Uso ~Dead or Love~ by Mizuki Kuriyama (Color page/ Chapter 62)
Gopun go no sekai by Hiroshi Fukuda (Chapter 11)
Tonikaku Cawaii by Kenjirou Hata (Chapter 22)
Aozakura Bouei Daigakkou no monogatari by Hikaru Nikaido (Chapter 96)
Maiko-san chi no Makanai-san by Aiko Koyama (Chapter 75)
switch by Atsushi Namikiri (Chapter 13)
Memesis by Takuya Yagyuu (Chapter 19)
Komi-san wa komyusho desu by Tomohito Oda (Chapters 150/151)
Maoujo de Oyasumi by Kagiji Kumanomata (Chapter 108)
Shinobi no by Rokurou Ogaki (Chapter 48)
Kimi wa 008 by Syun Matsuena (Chapter 20)
Sokyuu no Ariadne by Norihiro Yagi (Chapter 29)
Souboutei Kowasubeshi by Kazuhiro Fujita (Chapter 109)
Tantei Xeno to Nanatsu Satsujin Misshitsu: Story by Kyouichi Nanatsuki/ Art by Teppei Sugiyama (Chapter 30)
Saike Matashitemo by Tsubasa Fukuchi (Chapter 119)
Be Blues by Motoyuki Tanaka (Chapter 339)
K.O.I King of Idol by Tamaki Wakaki (Chapter 51)
Zettai Karen Children by Takashi Shiina (Chapter 510)
Youkai Giga by Satsuki Satou (Chapter 60)
Tokaichi Hitoribocchi Nouen by Yuuji Yokoyama (Chapter 30)

No Conan, RYOKO or Magia. (Have they just given up on that last one?)

As Heiji said, Yui Oguri will be on the cover, and Xeno gets lead color. Ariadne also gets a color page for it's next volume, and same for Daiku no Hatou. I'm done trying to figure out Magia, Hatou or the TOC in general. It just defies prediction at this point. Also, Major 2nd has reached a six million sales milestone as of volume 14.

Aipom626

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Issue #33 TOC
Sorry it's late, currently at AX.

Major 2nd by Takuya Mitsuda (Lead color pages/Chapter 145)
Marry Grave by Hidenori Yamaji (Chapter 28)
Daiku no Hatou by Michiteru Kusaba (Chapter 57)
Hatsukoi Zombie by Ryou Minenami (Chapter 133)
Detective Conan: Zero's Tea Time: Supervised by Gosho Aoyama/ Art by Takahiro Arai (Chapter 9)
Amano Megumi Suki Darake! by Nekoguchi (Chapter 130)
Hoankan Evans no Uso ~Dead or Love~ by Mizuki Kuriyama (Color page/ Chapter 62)
Gopun go no sekai by Hiroshi Fukuda (Chapter 11)
Tonikaku Cawaii by Kenjirou Hata (Chapter 22)
Aozakura Bouei Daigakkou no monogatari by Hikaru Nikaido (Chapter 96)
Maiko-san chi no Makanai-san by Aiko Koyama (Chapter 75)
switch by Atsushi Namikiri (Chapter 13)
Memesis by Takuya Yagyuu (Chapter 19)
Komi-san wa komyusho desu by Tomohito Oda (Chapters 150/151)
Maoujo de Oyasumi by Kagiji Kumanomata (Chapter 108)
Shinobi no by Rokurou Ogaki (Chapter 48)
Kimi wa 008 by Syun Matsuena (Chapter 20)
Sokyuu no Ariadne by Norihiro Yagi (Chapter 29)
Souboutei Kowasubeshi by Kazuhiro Fujita (Chapter 109)
Tantei Xeno to Nanatsu Satsujin Misshitsu: Story by Kyouichi Nanatsuki/ Art by Teppei Sugiyama (Chapter 30)
Saike Matashitemo by Tsubasa Fukuchi (Chapter 119)
Be Blues by Motoyuki Tanaka (Chapter 339)
K.O.I King of Idol by Tamaki Wakaki (Chapter 51)
Zettai Karen Children by Takashi Shiina (Chapter 510)
Youkai Giga by Satsuki Satou (Chapter 60)
Tokaichi Hitoribocchi Nouen by Yuuji Yokoyama (Chapter 30)

No Conan, RYOKO or Magia. (Have they just given up on that last one?)

As Heiji said, Yui Oguri will be on the cover, and Xeno gets lead color. Ariadne also gets a color page for it's next volume, and same for Daiku no Hatou. I'm done trying to figure out Magia, Hatou or the TOC in general. It just defies prediction at this point. Also, Major 2nd has reached a six million sales milestone as of volume 14.
Ah yes, the full effect of the Daiku Super Push! Looks like they're really gunning for Daiku's next volume to break 500 copies sold, or even appear on the Top 500 chart for its release day lol

Torca

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Yee, Marry Grave and Hatou randomly top 3 and then Be Blues in the bottom for the 1st time in ages. Yup, everything makes sense. Though KOI (and ZKC but that won't end without proper announcement before the end I guess) is the one that's most stable in the bottom of the TOC so if we can make something out of it than it would end in ~12 chapters. Marry Grave and other underperformers situation could be similar but at least their random placement means they still feel like they could let them live.

Small update because I feel like everyone forgot Major 2nd got an anime, it seems like in whole it couldn't help manga come back to its best score. I hope Major will not start to drop like a lot of Sunday series and will stay where it's at least.

Also Chrono:Magia 1st volume was moved to the September. Pushing it one month back should suggest that it could be back sooner than later or well, they'll push it like Ryoko 2nd volume each time and then give us notification about hiatus. Hope it's not like that with Magia and that we'll get some update on Ryoko soon cause it's really worrying.
Ah yes, the full effect of the Daiku Super Push! Looks like they're really gunning for Daiku's next volume to break 500 copies sold, or even appear on the Top 500 chart for its release day lol
Kusaba must have contract that will let Hatou survive either to 10th volume or 2 years run which is basically the same thing lul I guess, there's no way they would let it live so long when the circumstances are all against it without some kind of tie they put themselves into.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Yee, Marry Grave and Hatou randomly top 3 and then Be Blues in the bottom for the 1st time in ages. Yup, everything makes sense. Though KOI (and ZKC but that won't end without proper announcement before the end I guess) is the one that's most stable in the bottom of the TOC so if we can make something out of it than it would end in ~12 chapters. Marry Grave and other underperformers situation could be similar but at least their random placement means they still feel like they could let them live.

Small update because I feel like everyone forgot Major 2nd got an anime, it seems like in whole it couldn't help manga come back to its best score. I hope Major will not start to drop like a lot of Sunday series and will stay where it's at least.

Also Chrono:Magia 1st volume was moved to the September. Pushing it one month back should suggest that it could be back sooner than later or well, they'll push it like Ryoko 2nd volume each time and then give us notification about hiatus. Hope it's not like that with Magia and that we'll get some update on Ryoko soon cause it's really worrying.

Kusaba must have contract that will let Hatou survive either to 10th volume or 2 years run which is basically the same thing lul I guess, there's no way they would let it live so long when the circumstances are all against it without some kind of tie they put themselves into.
Not even being able to sell 500 copies per volume is bad even for Sunday standards lol. This is some suspicious veteran bias.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can that number be confirmed for Daiku? Like I don’t doubt it sells poorly (I’m literally the only person i know buying it), but I doubt it’s that low, surely.

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can that number be confirmed for Daiku? Like I don’t doubt it sells poorly (I’m literally the only person i know buying it), but I doubt it’s that low, surely.
Well, this is just what's being reported on the site I use to track these things, so it's going to be higher since these tracking sites don't get print info from all locations or digital, but it's still a pretty decent indicator.

Daiku volume 1: http://book-rank.net/rank/data.cgi?all=5&word=9784091276919&mode=rank&bt=2
Daiku volume 2: http://book-rank.net/rank/data.cgi?all=5&word=9784091276926&mode=rank&bt=2
Daiku volume 3: http://book-rank.net/rank/data.cgi?all=5&word=9784091278791&mode=rank&bt=2
Daiku volume 4: http://book-rank.net/rank/data.cgi?all=5&word=9784091280961&mode=rank&bt=2

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ah thank you, that’s a pretty useful resource. Digital wouldn’t make a huge difference to its sales anyway, its rank on release on EbookJapan and Kindle is usually pretty tragic.
It’s a shame, because I think it’s a genuinely great comic, but the audience just isn’t there for it right now. Certainly not when Aozakura and (occasionally) Silver Spoon are providing similar experiences in the same magazine, more reliably, and with bigger fanbases.

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ah thank you, that’s a pretty useful resource. Digital wouldn’t make a huge difference to its sales anyway, its rank on release on EbookJapan and Kindle is usually pretty tragic.
It’s a shame, because I think it’s a genuinely great comic, but the audience just isn’t there for it right now. Certainly not when Aozakura and (occasionally) Silver Spoon are providing similar experiences in the same magazine, more reliably, and with bigger fanbases.
I don't think the story for Daiku is bad. To me, it's just alright. I just find it difficult to justify keeping something that sells this poorly around for so long and even giving it CPs and great TOC placement. It just boggles my brain lol

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
I don't think the story for Daiku is bad. To me, it's just alright. I just find it difficult to justify keeping something that sells this poorly around for so long and even giving it CPs and great TOC placement. It just boggles my brain lol
It actually looks like a decent manga, but as you said, there is no justification to keep it around with such bad sales. This is just some sort of a veteran bias and I don't know if I'm ok with it...

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think that’s fair, and I reckon there is something like that to it. It feels like it’s had several points where it could have ended before now and just coasted by them despite all logic.
I mean I won’t look a gift horse in the mouth as a fan of the series but it’s pretty iffy on the face of it for sure

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Issue#33

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaate but still okay. It's really true, it only takes one week to destroy a fine honed routine, but Anime Expo was totally worth it. Hopefully I can get back on time next week and maybe Shougakukan will have some announcements to keep things exciting. please?

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Issue#33
maybe Shougakukan will have some announcements to keep things exciting. please?
Haha, no... :(
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Man I really have to say that some of those pages from Memesis were absolutely fucking breathtaking. Like wow.

Heiji

Reaction score
Country
Japan
#35 :
Detective Conan : Zero Tea Time (Cover & lead color)
Gift : Tôru Amuro post card
To be confirmed, but the oneshot, published in 2007, Susume Giga Green, by Shun FUJIKI (Hajimete no Aku) will become a series. Begins July 23rd in the Big Comic Spirits.

--- Double Post Merged, ---
Chrono Magia 1st volume will be out 18/09.
It's confirmed for Susume Giga Green

iceemperor

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
#35 :
Detective Conan : Zero Tea Time (Cover & lead color)
Gift : Tôru Amuro post card
To be confirmed, but the oneshot, published in 2007, Susume Giga Green, by Shun FUJIKI (Hajimete no Aku) will become a series. Begins July 23rd in the Big Comic Spirits.

Chrono Magia 1st volume will be out 18/09.
It's confirmed for Susume Giga Green
Thank god he improved because that picture is deviantart mid-tier.

Also Issue 35 will probably be sold out, riding on that Amuro wave. This is the chance to promote some lesser known series.

MangAniMY

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Sunday should pour all its money into Tonikaku Cawaii. Best manga ever.
Japan(abe) should put all their money on Tonikaku Kawaii, we just need them making babies

Last edited:

Torca

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I'm with you guys, Tonikaku is quite fantastic. I wasn't sure at the beginning because it felt too simple and kind of one directional (oh) but it have been so consistently good. Kimi ha 008 is also great. I know that people hate Matsuena for the 'plot' but this one is just genuinely fun stuff, hope both of them will flourish even more.

Vizard

Reaction score
Country
Genosha
#34 Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.