Voting Round 3 - 2B vs. Hiyori Iki | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 3 2B vs. Hiyori Iki

Who wins?

• 2B

• Hiyori Iki

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juviii

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
First of all, if you missed my campaign, in the previous round where I explained who is Hiyori, here it is:
Hiyori Iki vs. Fubuki

Now let's keep talking about Hiyori, shall we:

• Hiyori is a woman of one's word

• She's determined and has a strong sense of justice
Example: When Yato refused to save a suicidal man she decided to jump in and do it herself.

• She's empathetic

She was able to understand what Yukine needed and asked Yato not to treat him like a tool but as a human.

• She's caring

• She's playful

• Those motherly instincts:XD

• She can kick ass

• She's a neko :hurr

Last edited:

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Well this one will be hard to choose form, neko or 2booty :hmm

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
First of all, if you missed my campaign, in the previous round where I explained who is Hiyori, here it is:
Hiyori Iki vs. Fubuki

Now let's keep talking about Hiyori, shall we:

• Hiyori is a woman of one's word

• She's determined and has a strong sense of justice
Example: When Yato refused to save a suicidal man she decided to jump in and do it herself.

• She's empathetic

She was able to understand what Yukine needed and asked Yato not to treat him like a tool but as a human.

• She's caring

• She's playful

• Those motherly instincts:XD

• She can kick ass

• She's a neko :hurr

Sold!:redface

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well I don't really have the time for a long campaign post I fear, but I will say a few things at least. Like mentioned earlier, it's a bit difficult to talk about 2B, because you enter massive spoiler territory if you aren't careful.

What I can say is that 2B appears stoic on the outside at first, think Mikasa Ackerman (they even have the same Japanese VA :XD). Just by a quick look they share a number of traits. Stoic, strong-willed, a very capable fighter. She's more independent though, in the sense that she isn't fixated on one guy, like Mikasa is. But I don't really like comparing characters, so I will talk about 2B specifically.

What's the most important thing to her is protecting humanity. She's a part of YorHa, an android unit made to protect the human race. Their credo is "For the Glory of Mankind", and that's what they live by.

Their opponents are mainly machines, as said before. As you probably can imagine, a huge theme of the game is what exactly makes a person human or a machine, but it also questions if being human is actually a good thing/desirable. YorHa units aren't allowed to show emotions (one of the reasons they wear a blindfold), and they put great emphasis on the fact that they are not humans but inferior soldiers meant to protect them.

This is something 2B struggles with a lot, during the whole game. On the one side, the mission to protect mankind, the very reason they were created for, and on the other side emotions that she desperately tries to ignore because they could get in the way of their mission. A lot of this isn't spelled out in the game directly, but always hinted at, even in the beginning of the game.

That's why slowly but surely, she becomes a very complex and fascinating character. If you look below the surface, she's playful and kind, but the state of the world doesn't really allow her the small happiness she wants. I realize I'm being pretty vague here and maybe I will go into a bit more detail later on, but it realy is very very difficult to say much without big spoilers :XD (yes, I know I'm repeating myself)

The game actually has a song dedicated to her character, so that might give you some further insight while only hinting at certain elements. And it's a great song, too :blush

Additionally, here's some nice fanservice for those who prefer the looks ;)

And if you're a bit more curious about the game, here's one of the best tracks (the OST is amazing):

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Honestly, it's hard mission to campaign without spoiling anything and convince people to vote for 2B or not 2B :lambirb

Both 2B and Hiyori are worthy to pass this round... I'm leaning more toward 2B atm ( sry @Juviii :emocat )

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
From what I understood, one is something like a half ghost (with a human body) and the other is an android. That alone makes me lean towards some real flesh, but considering I also prefer the way Iki was portraited, I'll go with her.

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
From what I understood, one is something like a half ghost (with a human body) and the other is an android. That alone makes me lean towards some real flesh, but considering I also prefer the way Iki was portraited, I'll go with her.
not even close.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore

Hiyori because she demonstrates all the virtues of being a good wife and mother.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
From what I understood, one is something like a half ghost (with a human body) and the other is an android. .
Think female Yusuke Urameshi :XD

(Not in attitude, mind you)

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
For how much I love Hiyori, 2B is my choice here.

Reactions: Nii

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Hiyori saving Yato:

P.S: Friendly reminder that this is a waifu contest, no matter how awesome a character is, it's their waifu qualities that should be held to account.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Let's be honest hiyori was the reason for yato and yukine bond AND even their survivor as they could be long dead, she will do her best to support both of them the best she can.
As for 2B impossible to describe without any spoilers but I want to share this for anyone who knows her full story especially after ending E ( a continuation and it's not known so here )
Btw turn on the sub titles.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm aware that this is about waifu qualities for the most part, 2B definitely has them :nod

She's cute (likes to pat her pod, can't find the ingame version atm so this will do for now :arf)

She supports

She kicks ass

She protects

And... And.. And obviously there's way more but I don't wanna go full out with the spoilers :arf

@Asako I read that script but didn't know there was a perfomance as well, nice! Thanks for sharing :zomg

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
don't know at all noragami, so dont know both of them, Hiyori and 2B seems to be both strong contenders, but according to the art and the personnality i got from the campaign, 2 B is the kind of character i like, she reminds me somehow Re-l :zomg and also i gave my word and theres no way i go back on it,

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Easy Hiyori vote...:oh

Sorry @niichan, but unlike Krillin I don't have a thing for robot wifes...:pjsalt:evil

Status
Not open for further replies.