Discussion - How will Baam and his friends climb when Jahad wants them dead? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion How will Baam and his friends climb when Jahad wants them dead?

Sakashi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
As the title says.

I've been thinking a lot about how Baam and the rest of his friends will climb now when the King of the tower is after them and I would really like to hear your opinions about it since It's pretty interesting and can open up some new thinking-ways for me and maybe for other people aswell.

CantiOG

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
They can take Administrator tests to avoid the Empire and climb floors. I hope they do! That was one of the best parts of 2F.

Vitala

Reaction score
Country
Cape Verde
It will be very interesting how SIU will handle it, because even if they take administrators tests, they will not take it for all the floors it will become boring very fast, also don't forget that others people can participate in guardians tests like ren in 2f.
But i don't think zahard or the empire will know everyone who was on the train atleast they can retrace all those who boarded with the tickets passangers.
Anyway we know that even if they are targeted by the empire it will be regulars who will be after them or they will try to trick them in tests.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think it’ll be a few things: first off only FUG really knows who all of Bam’s companions are right now, so I think many of them can get around without trouble (Yiwah, Shibisu, etc). At least until they interact with Bam in a traceable way.

The second is Wolhaiksong. They don’t want all out war but maybe they can offer Bam and his friends some help.

Third: the other great families. Maybe they won’t step in but I would bet that some of the families will splinter from Zahard in a visible way, which will cause all around chaos but that will provide cover for Bam to climb.

Last, FUG - they are really great at remaining hidden. Maybe that’ll be harder to do now but I’m sure they still have some tricks left.

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I think admin tests would likely be an upgrade to current test mechanics. They can ask for anything no matter how unreasonable It may be, not subordinated to ranker and 10 families hierarchies or politics. And they are spectators watching everything, much like us readers. They can have preferred characters or situations they want to see concerning the unfolding current story.

Also, like said in above posts, there is always the chance that rankers might intervene negatively amidst these tests, making It all 3-dimensional plot wise.

Being Hunt by Jahad will force them to take unexpected routes and adjust Bam's climbing difficulty to his current skills.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
One other aspect that makes it interesting if Bam starts interacting with the administrators:

The 2nd floor admin wanted Bam to be hidden from Zahard and it wanted Bam to receive that power in the wine glass. Where do their loyalties lie? With Zahard or with the Tower?

Sakashi

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I personally think that each Administrator of every floor has their own reasons. Let's take an example. Let's take F.U.G who are working against Jahad and the 10 families because they want to see them dead. This can also apply to some Administrators because these Administrators doesn't like the change that Jahad and the 10 brought to the tower. Furthermore, there maybe are Administrators that are on Jahad and the 10's side and also perhaps there are some that are neutral to all this.

The ones that doesn't like Jahad's change and the neutral ones want to most likely see what Baam offers to the tower and that's why they are probably letting him get away by helping him but then again the contract that Jahad made? Who did he do it with and what were the exact details because if this contract included all Administrators than why is the second floor Administrator helping him and maybe there are more Administrators to come to help Baam.

If we can get to know the details on the contract then we can jump to conclusions but at the present time It's hard to say what the details are and if all the Administrators are included in this so called ''Contract''.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Personally i think this will be resolved by administrator interference. Zahards army is doing way too much over a number of battlefields and the number of high rankers that could get involved keeps increasing. At some point they will step in and force them to stop imo. It remains to be seen whether bam will climb the tower normally or simply take tests directly from the administrator.

OneEye

Reaction score
Country
Cameroon
Tbh, Baam's team won't be that much in danger on higher Floors! I mean, the Tower opens its doors to what it needs, then KEEPS IT ALIVE.

For instance, Baam's crew are not the first to be targeted by Zahard; Fug members survive amidst that threat, Anak has been climbing just like other regulars with a target Mark on her back; Fug rankers, especially Slayers easily decline their identities with the full knowledge that they can be hunted by Princesses on sight. so then, just how serious can the Zshard army's threat be taken seriously?

To focus just on Baam, so far he survived the 21st Floor despite a ranker who wanted him dead because the floor administrator was on his side; he survived the Workshop because Gustang (among others) was on his side; he survived Hoaquin because the last clone was on his side; he survived the FOD because Yuri and Urek were with him; survived Data Zahard thanks to data Edhan and Hansung. ... do you get the picture? Baam will keep climbing the Tower almost like other regulars because the Tower itself does not want him dead (Admins, family heads and Princesses like Maschenny inclusive ).

Fug itself has developed a number of ways to enable unwanted regulars to climb the Tower : change of names, control of floor tests, assistance of a Fug guide, ...

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Tbh, Baam's team won't be that much in danger on higher Floors! I mean, the Tower opens its doors to what it needs, then KEEPS IT ALIVE.

For instance, Baam's crew are not the first to be targeted by Zahard; Fug members survive amidst that threat, Anak has been climbing just like other regulars with a target Mark on her back; Fug rankers, especially Slayers easily decline their identities with the full knowledge that they can be hunted by Princesses on sight. so then, just how serious can the Zshard army's threat be taken seriously?

To focus just on Baam, so far he survived the 21st Floor despite a ranker who wanted him dead because the floor administrator was on his side; he survived the Workshop because Gustang (among others) was on his side; he survived Hoaquin because the last clone was on his side; he survived the FOD because Yuri and Urek were with him; survived Data Zahard thanks to data Edhan and Hansung. ... do you get the picture? Baam will keep climbing the Tower almost like other regulars because the Tower itself does not want him dead (Admins, family heads and Princesses like Maschenny inclusive ).

Fug itself has developed a number of ways to enable unwanted regulars to climb the Tower : change of names, control of floor tests, assistance of a Fug guide, ...
The issue for the time being seems to be the loopholes zahard's army has found so as to be able to target the hell train's passengers. And whatever it is that allows zahard's army to act against regulars, odds are the administrators won't permanently overlook it. On the other hand a number of pretty strong people are gather at many places and are about to duke it out. That's the sort of thing which administrators tend to frown upon as far as we have seen. This will be settled once administrators get involved and force zahard's army to cut the crap. And once that happens, bam will once again enjoy his regular protection.

As for anak, she has been climbing but SIU has made the point that even for the empire she only becomes a problem if she becomes a ranker. Otherwise she can just be left behind. Even lo po bia ren only targeted her because he wanted more prestige for his family or something.

OneEye

Reaction score
Country
Cameroon
The issue for the time being seems to be the loopholes zahard's army has found so as to be able to target the hell train's passengers. And whatever it is that allows zahard's army to act against regulars, odds are the administrators won't permanently overlook it. On the other hand a number of pretty strong people are gather at many places and are about to duke it out. That's the sort of thing which administrators tend to frown upon as far as we have seen. This will be settled once administrators get involved and force zahard's army to cut the crap. And once that happens, bam will once again enjoy his regular protection.

As for anak, she has been climbing but SIU has made the point that even for the empire she only becomes a problem if she becomes a ranker. Otherwise she can just be left behind. Even lo po bia ren only targeted her because he wanted more prestige for his family or something.
it's true that Baam's team may latter find a simple way to keep climbing, but that, for now a strong intervention is needed at the last station.

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Bam can perfectly have problems If he is up against Jahad test admins. We Saw Mule Love causing trouble for Viole intentionally. He was scolded because his superior was secretly FUG. But most test supers are likely aligned to Jahad and 10 families. I believe climbing might even be banned by regular means If Jahad orders so. Test supers have the authority to judge who is worthy of climbing, Admins give them that much without bothering. They probably can deny Bam and co.that right If they want.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Bam can perfectly have problems If he is up against Jahad test admins. We Saw Mule Love causing trouble for Viole intentionally. He was scolded because his superior was secretly FUG. But most test supers are likely aligned to Jahad and 10 families. I believe climbing might even be banned by regular means If Jahad orders so. Test supers have the authority to judge who is worthy of climbing, Admins give them that much without bothering. They probably can deny Bam and co.that right If they want.
I really doubt this is the case. If stopping a regular from climbing the tower was so easy then it would be easy to block a known slayer nominee from climbing. Rankers would simply have them automatically fail the test. It's not just the guy for whom mule worked for, there would have been many floors from where fug didn't have that amount of influence and thus the rankers there could have stopped him. Zahard's means of control when it comes to regulars appear to be underhanded and kept out of sight for the most part. It's likely the case that the administrators would only tolerate so much....