Theory - My complete theory of who is "Im". Her history, power, goals. +One Piece description | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory My complete theory of who is "Im". Her history, power, goals. +One Piece description

Infinity Edge

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
First I want to say this. I don't believe Fujitora's devil fruit is rare. Akainu's, Kuzan's and Kizaru's too. It's a misconception.

Fujitora is around 50 years old - clearly, as proven by his actions, voice and general demeanor.
How, does a man like that only eats his devil fruit at age of 50, and still is very powerful with it?
The answer is - by design. If you designate a power for him, like calling down meteors, he will have no problem being strong. Because Fujitora stated himself "I'm still getting used to my power".

So Fujitora's devil fruit can make the world's biggest bitch into a calamity. But do you not think it would be very rare, just like Law's devil fruit? Fujitora's fruit should also be very much sought after.

And also, if all this time in One Piece world there was somebody able to bring down meteors on earth with his power, why has noone ever heard it. Simple - because Fuji's fruit is brand new.

Their fruits got produced. The Logia generals. All of them. Created and designed. Tailored, to fit them. By who? Lady Im.

Yes, I think she has the power to create fruits. But not exectly create, she "bears" them. Lady Im is also a devil fruit user.
The first Devil Fruit user.

Even the name comes from her. "Devil"('s) Fruit. Doesn't she just look like a devil kinda? But let me explain why and how did she became the "Devil".

Im's power would have to be that of a Tree. A Devil Fruit bearing Tree. A tree that even as a husk of it's younger self, can still perservere for centuries. And that's what she is.
A withered, old tree. Full of vengeance and feelings of contempt. Willing and wanting to get back at the ones who have made her into this state.

Oh, and also I forgot to mention why I think Im is female, personally. "Im" or "Imwa-sama" to me just sounds feminine,and her silhuette is very slim, usually like old females look like in One piece (Kureha)

^It also would fit and connect well with this - She is the "Eve" of One Piece world.
Doesn't "Imwa" sound a bit like "Eva" to you? It does to me.

And since she would be "Eve", next you will ask, who is Adam, right? .

Well, I think Adam has to be the first "D." person.

How & by whom were they both created I do not know. Definitely could be called the work of god and the devil, together. But don't quite me on that particular one, please ;))

Anyway, that God made sure that the "D." will be always coming back. Even if the "D." man dies he will come back and he will appear again, and again. Why? Because he is destined for Im. To keep her in balance. To bring her happiness. Except, she doesn't have any room in her heart for hapiness any more.

She lived so very long, due to being a "tree". Perhaps she was happy at the start, but bro, her mind and sanity has been completely "extracted" in the due process, just like when you unpack a .rar file. She experienced too much and grieved for too long. But how and why did she grieve? I do, I do have my answer for that too! As I said, this is my "complete" theory.

So how did this whole mess started. Let's breakdown the simplified history.
Im (Eve) has killed Adam (the first D.). Yep. Because he didn't love her. Adam, was too interested with the world and not with her. And that earned him death. I hope you can equate this to real- world couples dynamics. Looking for partners etc.
Then after Im committed the act, she regretted it. And so she created humans - from monkeys in hope to find companions and - servants. Mostly the latter. But among the servants, she stumbled upon a miracle - she found adam was born, again. And so, she tried to groom him, again and again, but i think it jsut kept failing. Im, by the way has been gifting her servants with various devil fruits to help her with her life and help them develop as a society, to take care of her and themself. Im is living with those said servants even up to now. Yes I mean the government. And she is "gifting" them with new fruits even up to now.

The fruit users eventually died but their fruits remained in circulation, and more and more were recklessly created by her, just to help her suit all her wishes.

Eventually, Eve finally, after centuries of killing and rebirthing, came to find and like the Adam, who, inevitably has found her again, and so after a few centuries on earth passed they finally became a "working" couple. That period was her happiness. At that time their love gave birth to a child - the One Piece. One Piece, because it has both Adam and Eve inside it, because it's their child.

Do you know why was it so hard for her to love Adam? Because Adam represents Sea. Eve (Imwa) Represents the Land. That's why men in One Piece are so adventurous. That's why it was very hard for her to bring Adam, away from adventure, and to be with her. Typical man woman dillema, even in real life. Anyway, I think that is also why Imwa currently stays in a place so high above the Sea. Beacuse she has completely abandoned he primary goal.
She currently wants to be as far away from the Sea as she can.

And guess what happened afterwards.
Adam got killed. Either by accident or a elaborate plot. His life got forfeited. That made Im very, very sad and spiteful. She stopped caring at that point. She just wanted to bring wrath upon those who hurt her lover. After all these years her "work" in making a perfect Adam for herself got destroyed, imagine how angry that must have made her. Maybe that's what ultimately brought her the "Devil" title.

Wars probably ensued, wars which Im has mostly won and in which she established that actions of humans will be tightly surveilled and controlled, so that a tragedy which sheexperienced would never again happen.

Also, Imwa maintains that she already has her lover, even though he is dead. As we were shown it, She keeps his body in a criogenic chamber so that he may never rot away. Therefore she doesn't care anymore about all those other Adams because she believes in a poisonous illusion ant is not a trure resolution to her fate.

And somewhere down the line you may ask, if One Piece that's their child, then who is Mihawk? My answer to that is - He is also Im. Mysteriously, yes but would explain his eyes and go in line with the many "D." people being born. I think, basically each time Adam or Eve dies, a two new versions of them are born. That's why there is sooo many "D." people. Unfortunately they are adventerous and naive, and have to fight an already 1000+ years old enemy. They don't have a high chance to win and survive.

Lady Im died once, during the Void Century. Who killed her? The Joy Boy. The only successful hero. That's why it has been the "happy time" and "prosperous nation" killing her has for a short period of time created a paradise. Then she made sure to scratch out every last bit of that paradise, off the face of earth. "Joy" Boy literally means what his name implies, he brought the joy for earth for a century. Unfortunately killing Imwa does not solve the recurring "reborn "D.'s" problem. You see Eve, just like Adam, if killed, simply gets reborn in another human some time after. This is their fate. This is the One Piece world's fate, of the two biggest powers fighting eachother, and being unable to make compromise.

And so here I will insert my last piece of this theory - What is the power of "One Piece", or like I said, Adam and Eve's child. Well One Piece is....their hapiness. When mistress Im finally found a suitor she wanted and loved, their love created a solution to their problem. A swan's song. An end to their, sad fate. The pirates from the Joy Boy's forgotten country have taken away the One Piece person and are keeping them away from Imwa now. Because One Piece has the ability to bestow great power onto a human. Particularly she/he can do it for a "D." only I think, although Edward Newgate also received it's blessing somehow.

So what exactly is One Piece's power - I'm pretty sure it simly makes you a superhuman. Incredible strength, stamina and agility. That is why, Roger was called the strongest man. And then he died from a disease. But Whiteberad was also called to be his only rival. And Whitebeard also died consumed by a disease. Hmmm, coincidence? I think, I mean I beg you Oda, It's not! (lol)

One Piece's power makes you able to do all this great stuff, in order to defeat Im and conquer her.
It's a granted amazing power to make you able to become the strongest and do heroic deeds, however, it overcharges you, giving your body the disease in the process. So if you have the power granted by One Piece, you unfortunately cannot live for too long. Shanks knows that, and he chose to avoid getting it, knowing he is not the one to utilize it well. Instead he decided to find and mentor a D. person (who among others turned out to be Luffy) in order to be able to use One Piece's full potential correctly.

And once Imwa is conquered, with the power of one Piece she can be somehow brought to happiness and make her, finally ascend to heaven. Unfortunately this might also be meaning the same for her "conqueror" (who is in a turn of events gonna be Trafalgar D. Law :P he will sacrifice himself)

As you might've guessed, Imwa's perfect Adam mightve been reborn in elbaf, hence why his straw hat is so big, because he was a giant. And Imwa has grown a giant tree there to talk with him.

Also this is why it is already cemented why Luffy will in the end be her new "Adam", because Luffy wears the exact same item on his head as her beloved one did also wear - the straw hat.

Imwa might also be harboring spiteful feelings against other beautiful and royal women, who have in the past dragged "Adam" away from her.
Which is why she targets Vivi and Shirahoshi. Anyway that's all. Whew, I'm super tired. *wipes sweat* I hope you will want to read it all it and I hope you will at least somewhat agree to certain things. I know I still left out quite a few of unknown things like the different races or where to fit Kaido and who, to her is Vegapunk (her lawful guardian -parent after she got reborn maybe?) Anyway that's that, I'm done finito. Until I will add more of course, lol. I hope you will enjoy reading my creation :>

Last edited:

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Great post.

How does this connects to the Treasure Tree Adam?

If Im died once, wouldn't she been reborn as two individuals too?

D. stands for Double?

Infinity Edge

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Great post.
Thanks! I sort of had an epiphany about all this aand I thought I'll just write my mind out.

How does this connects to the Treasure Tree Adam?
Not sure....maybe it is a monument of past she made to him?

If Im died once, wouldn't she been reborn as two individuals too?
Yes, and I already covered this up there, but I understand you may not have caught it in that big ol' pile of text :P
Yes, the were two Ims reborn after Joy Boy defeated her, and one of them we just seen in Mariejois, while the another "Imwa reincartion" is Dracule Mihawk. I know it's mysterious, but it's not impossible.

D. stands for Double?
I actually think D. in their names is like that to mark that a person is an Ad.am

P.S. do you guys remember when Whitebeard said to Blackbeard: "You are not that person.", and nobody knew what it meant that time? Perhaps he was saying Blackbeard cannot connect with Imwa.

Last edited:

woefdram

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I actually really like this theory and think it ties in a lot better with the overall tone of OP than the 'moon people' theory.
The great tree Adam might be where the original Adam was buried and is instilled with his life force, which is why it lends itself so well to bulding ships.

No matter which one is right, I'm just looking forward to two panels which will inevitable come with this big reveal we've been waiting for for 20+ years: one where Luffy tilts his head surrounded by question marks and one where he exlaims he doesn't care about all that and runs off and does his own thing anyway.

keeper1h

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Your theory sounds convincing, but unfortunately Oda won't make Im into an evil ancient immortal female that is also a tree that grows powerful fruits, because everyone will accuse him to have stolen Naruto's ending.

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Keeper is right. No offense, but is it a trolltheory? Thats kinda like "i take the narutoending and write it to one piece".

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Until Mashima reveals where he originally got the idea.:3c

But I do like the idea that maybe Im can produce Devil Fruits. I mean, those have been around far, far, far longer than chakra fruits. :hmph It would make sense that someone in the government could cultivate true fruits instead of SMILES.

Oh wait... Vegapunk can do it, can't he? He made the dragon fruit...

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Too fanfiction-ish to be a good theory unfortunately. I was looking forward to read something about the Eve tree that Oda suspiciously did not show during Levely Arc.

I also didn't watch the Youtube video because I honestly don't think YT One Piece theories are good in general, they are full of clickbait. So I don't know if it reinforces your theory or not.

I do think there is a Tree and that it is Elbaf also is the final island of the Grand Line, based on the the pictures we have seen of it so far. Also, it would then make sense then for the tree to be the Adam Tree, since location wise it would be on the opposite of the Eve tree (dualism theme), and Adam would is used for the best ships and vikings are known to have been the best shipwrights during their age.

But I don't see how you jump to that conclusion that Imu is Eve (of which we have seen the roots illuminating fishman island) and that there is a some love story involved and all that I just don't see it. If you make a theory about who a complete mystery character like Imu is, it is best to stick to elements already revealed that could be related to Imu. The Trees are one of these elements, but Imu can't be a tree, because we have seen the tree that is in Mary Geois, and if you assume Imu transforms at will, that would mean Fishman Island would be in total darkness regularly, which we haven't heard of ever.

Also Imu - Imuwa - Eve is a huuuge stretch.

keeper1h

Reaction score
Country
Italy
But, even if it's Naruto-ish, I still like the "devil fruits" part.

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
So Oda will import Kaguya.. Seems like you somehow put in less effort than Kishi to come up with something clever lmao