Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 396 Discussion / 397 Predictions | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 396 Discussion / 397 Predictions

Sun Wukong

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Evankhell's rank was confirmed at 60. Kallaban will be considerably higher (Guessing around the low 30's) Will be interesting to see how the story progesses as the hype for the last station battle is LIT.

OneEye

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Cameroon
Parakwell's revolution is finally about to begin in the last station : the Tower itself will witness the return of Jue Viole Grace (though I still believe he won't have sufficient killing intent ), and the long lost soul devouring slaying monster, White; along with other Fug monsters ...(Fug couldn't dream of better days, this will be a major event in its history ). At last, the voice of the weak and lowly, all those whose frustrations and despair in the Tower simply reduced them into Fug members will see the Tower tremble at the last station and have a glimpse of hope (as Baam will make his show and escape alive).

Long live Parakwell

Vitala

Reaction score
Country
Cape Verde
BTW guys what kind of match up did you expect?
1)kallaban vs jinsung?
2)ha chunhee vs yuri?
3)white vs HR cheon dorian franc and phonsekal d'rak(laure cousin or brother)?
4)karaka vs ,colonel misebichi and colonel paolo

i don't think evankhell and YHS are already there, i don't find match up for the others rankers of zahard army.
Also who noticed ranker colonel paolo looks exactly like rak but with red skin?

Zmsp

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
BTW guys what kind of match up did you expect?
1)kallaban vs jinsung?
2)ha chunhee vs yuri?
3)white vs HR cheon dorian franc and phonsekal d'rak(laure cousin or brother)?
4)karaka vs ,colonel misebichi and colonel paolo

i don't think evankhell and YHS are already there, i don't find match up for the others rankers of zahard army.
Also who noticed ranker colonel paolo looks exactly like rak but with red skin?
It's very hard to say. Baam's team actually seems stronger on paper considering YHS and Evankhell actually show up, so Kallaban needs to be the equalizer. I'm expecting him to be the strongest person there by quite a bit, making it seem like Baam's team is gonna lose and have YHS and Evankhell save them and allow them to escape. But it's really anyone's game right now, but that's what's actually cool and hyping up this next few chapters. I just hope someone of importance dies, the story needs some drama.

Turtle hunter

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
Yuri certainly not , she is just a neewly HR , but yes White can surely defeat ha junsung . To defeat White , it was required arie haghipherione Jahad a genius in her own family , one of the 2 people who took arie hoon test . And even if she is her daughter , it hasn' t lower the difficultie of the test . Secondly she is ranked 42 . Third all slayer have potential have a potential far superior than ha jinsung , and White have lived thousand of years , with is ralent no matter how many time Jinsung has lived , White should have surpass him . Only the new slayer or candidate can't defeat jinsung , because he has limit .

OneEye

Reaction score
Country
Cameroon
Yuri certainly not , she is just a neewly HR , but yes White can surely defeat ha junsung . To defeat White , it was required arie haghipherione Jahad a genius in her own family , one of the 2 people who took arie hoon test . And even if she is her daughter , it hasn' t lower the difficultie of the test . Secondly she is ranked 42 . Third all slayer have potential have a potential far superior than ha jinsung , and White have lived thousand of years , with is ralent no matter how many time Jinsung has lived , White should have surpass him . Only the new slayer or candidate can't defeat jinsung , because he has limit .
It's true that the events of the battle to come are very hard to predict; Baam's side really seems to have an ultimate upper hand:
-Baam himself is a freak of nature, with all what he has in his body.
- Karaka virtually has a "cheat code" that allows him to attack almost anyone and come out alive.
- Yuri can activate her two weapons again.
- YHS, Ha Jinsung and Evankhell are on the way
-White will possibly grow even stronger with all the delicious souls that will fall during the battle.
- and all the regulars in the train can now be considered as the strongest D-class regulars.

Unless all the rankers around Kallaban are top 50, or that some other Zahard rankers come in, victory over the train riders may be farfetched.

PainTendo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Hagipherione is ranked 36 i think. White is strong but has a limit just like jinsung or any other non-irregular. I don't know why you said that he surpassed jinsung, we don't know that, he was stopped by that princess but we don't have the details of the fight, maybe it was a crushing defeat. Hwa ryun told us that even slayers cannot take jinsung lightly and FUG listen to what he have to say plus he is from the 10 families too. The thing with white is that he depends too much on the souls he consumes, he has never built his own strength and that is why he will always lose to the People on the top.

King Dryst

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cobra
Well, Hagipherione is the Princess who put an end to White. That doesn't necessarily mean that anyone weaker than her couldn't potentially have handled him, though. For all we really know, Hagipherione might have dump trucked him without even breaking a sweat. White came from the Arie Family, and was thus that clan's embarrassment. So, accordingly, the ace of the family was chosen to go and put him down when he stepped too far over the line and his atrocities became too much for the authorities to ignore. It was just them cleaning up their own garbage. A different, lower ranking Princess (or some other High Ranker) could arguably have done the same job in her stead.

Mizaistorm

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
What makes the GW so strong?their offsprings are inherently powerful as well but maybe their power is due to the contract,rachel is an outsider yet weak and baam was born inside the tower yet powerful ,he lack physical strenght while his mother was an immortal he is supposed to have the same physical strenght to someone from gf,so if baam was born inside he would be as strong as koon but never as strong as urek if he didn't die.the only difference i see is the reincarnation,those who open the door have somehow come in contact with the god outside ,arlen wouldn't came out if she didn't knew who the god is so did urek ,maybe they all met him at some point.maybe that's how the story will end,if baam come to understand the essence of his strenght he can bestow it on everybody and give them the freedom to do as they please chosen by the adminstrator or not ,they can climb as the please.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
What makes the GW so strong?their offsprings are inherently powerful as well but maybe their power is due to the contract,rachel is an outsider yet weak and baam was born inside the tower yet powerful ,he lack physical strenght while his mother was an immortal he is supposed to have the same physical strenght to someone from gf,so if baam was born inside he would be as strong as koon but never as strong as urek if he didn't die.the only difference i see is the reincarnation,those who open the door have somehow come in contact with the god outside ,arlen wouldn't came out if she didn't knew who the god is so did urek ,maybe they all met him at some point.maybe that's how the story will end,if baam come to understand the essence of his strenght he can bestow it on everybody and give them the freedom to do as they please chosen by the adminstrator or not ,they can climb as the please.
I would argue the 13 warriors were insanely strong and talented simply because they were. It's not that irregulars come from the outside and miraculously become amazing. The situation is that the irregulars that have come generally are this awesome, have THAT amount of talent and so on. And on top of that they have their irregular privileges when it comes to controlling shinsoo and on top of that they have their contracts. Odds are that the 13 warriors, urek and the other irregulars would be huge deals outside the tower as well. Gustang at a minimum hints at that when he mentions urek is a whale caught in a fishtank. And rachel is weak simply because unlike other irregulars she doesn't have or hasn't discovered what her talent is.

As for bam, it is hard to say what he would have been had he not gone through dying and all that. Seeing his heritage he should have the bulk of the stuff his parents had of course though to what degree is unknown. It does seem like his ability to devour stuff is related to his death and resurrection along with the god outside.

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I think outsiders are like "Deus-ex-machina", the "God outside of the machine/System", able to bypass Common rules of the universe.

The Tower likely has a set of rules that enable It to be all that It is, like a Spell. Just like HxH nen, you get something in Exchange for a New rule added. My take on this is that whoever made the Tower wanted something that reality couldn't give by itself as It were. So this person created a confined space with rules in Exchange for Powers that didn't exist before. Namely, inside the Tower things would be able to happen that would be Impossible outside.

Regulars are born within the Tower, and thus they are also bound by the Tower's balance, they gain nothing extra because they can get the bonus but are confined to these rules as well. Irregulars on the other hand can challenge the Tower to get its benefits while not being held by their rules. They only have to complete its rites (tests) in order to access whatever It is that the Tower can Grant you. The higher the difficulties, the higher the rewards.

So imo Bam is a different kind of irregular because he was first born within the Tower, and then considered dead and reborn outside. His birth was limited to the Tower's reality, but he broke Free from these limits afterwards. Hence his Power is growing fast despite having a low starting point. Mazino on the other hand was powerful since the beggining, he was, like his bug, beyond the reality's limits, and could never be born from the Tower as such.

Brian Taboada

Reaction score
Country
United States
Irregulars are those who open the doors of the tower or who the tower chooses to allow the doors to open for. The GW were powerful and able to open the door and the tower may have chosen them for a reason. Same with Urek and Baam. However, the tower did not open its doors for Rachel. Just as there are weak and strong in the tower, I would think it true outside the tower. Rachel only entered the tower on the back of Baam. It also makes you wonder who else came into the tower when the 13 GW entered. Was only one of them chosen by the tower or were they all chosen?

paulbee

Reaction score
Country
United States
Regarding Bam's power, I only just noticed in Chapter 393, when Bam was confronting Rachel, it seems that as Bam was severely angry at Rachel, that the room they were in shook and audibly rumbled. It appears that Bam's anger had a direct effect on the environment itself. Apologize if I am only now noticing what everyone else already saw.
This ability to physically affect the environment isn't something I had seen or noticed in the Manwa before. I wonder if Bam has now obtained some psionic abilities like one may have seen in certain Mutants in the X-men, or is it perhaps more akin to Reed Richards' wife from the fantastic 4?

I think this is Bam's own direct power, not just something he gained from the Thryssa. The way that Rachel trembled in terror might indicate she's seen this before although she could easily just been shaking in shear terror. I could be reading more into this than intended by the author SIU.

Last edited:

Vitala

Reaction score
Country
Cape Verde
Regarding Bam's power, I only just noticed in Chapter 393, when Bam was confronting Rachel, it seems that as Bam was severely angry at Rachel, that the room they were in shook and audibly rumbled. It appears that Bam's anger had a direct effect on the environment itself. Apologize if I am only now noticing what everyone else already saw.
This ability to physically affect the environment isn't something I had seen or noticed in the Manwa before. I wonder if Bam has now obtained some psionic abilities like one may have seen in certain Mutants in the X-men, or is it perhaps more akin to Reed Richards' wife from the fantastic 4?

I think this is Bam's own direct power, not just something he gained from the Thryssa. The way that Rachel trembled in terror might indicate she's seen this before although she could easily just been shaking in shear terror. I could be reading more into this than intended by the author SIU.
i don't think that is a special power, the shinsoo just reacts due to his emotions, it's just a high level of control i think since it was the case with yuri on the second floor when she was angry about ren and SIU even explained it in the blogpost at the time,
Also why always trying to find some new powers to baam when he already has so many, his own power is the power to absorb everything and that is already horrific.

paulbee

Reaction score
Country
United States
Also why always trying to find some new powers to baam when he already has so many, his own power is the power to absorb everything and that is already horrific.
Someone here I think, noted that Bam's "Gluttony" power was probably a result of Arlene's spell. If that is true, then what sort of power did he inherit from Vee and Arlene. What would Bam's power have been like had he not been killed.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Official version of the chapter is out.
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/list?title_no=95

That is a lot of character introductions. I feel kinda bad for those regulars they have no idea what they are about to get themselves into.

Also still really dislike Hwa Ryuns role in all this. "Just trust me and do what I say." :notsure

This is going to be one entertaining fiasco. That's for sure.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So the last station is in floor 44? That would mean earlier translations we had regarding the train were at least inaccurate. I guess the correct way to translate earlier statements would be that the train has stations in six floors or something to that effect. I guess we can't rule out them being teleported to a lower floor after this bit.

So different guides see different things? Not sure I quite understand dwarfs specialty here. It seems like evan sees immediate crossroads... But that seems far less useful than seeing fate.

Also, is evan dumb? "All because of one regular?". come on, the guy saw bam enter the station. He knows he is an irregular and zahard would get each and every one and put their heads on a stake if he could.

Also, whoever gave bam that shirt deserves to be eaten by an administrator.

Its weird to see a regular with children. In most cases regulars are still relatively young... Wonder if his children are relevant. Can they be regulars? I guess they have to be to be there. But that means a regular had children and they were succesful at getting all the way to the 44th floor on their own. That seems like a mean feat for a family.

I kinda feel like a bunch of c rank regulars won't be enough to even deal with androsi, let alone good old bam... Bam defeated kaiser, the strongest d rank regular about 3 powerups ago or so. I could buy a c rank giving him trouble BUT only if its an exceptional c rank. Something like a princess... Unless the c rank category is so wide that it allows for insane power to be there.

Whats up with the pinacle guy? Looks exactly like parakewl... and he is a ranker. I guess there could be more to parakewls ancestry that his shenanigans would have told us.

Ranker misebichi? Mitsubishi? Lel. That powler guy reminds me a bit of rak. Could he also have native one power?

And a phosekal... That seems like an unexpected wild card. Thinking about it the ponsekal have always surrounded bam and given their connection to eurasia they could play out as allies to him.

Poor wangnan.... has he been trapped for a whole month?

That frog guy definitely does not look like a high ranker. I am going to call him frosh from now on.

Gotta wonder how much influence the final clone can have over white. I think hwa ryun might be up to some laddle shenanigans... Reviving a slayer is not something she should object to however if its a slayer that threatens her stupid god then she probably did not do this very lightly.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
"Just trust me and do what I say"- said nobody that could be trusted. Ever. But there isn't much choice though.
There's quite the fire power waiting at the station. Would have been horribly one-sided for the regulars if they didn't have some powerhouses on their side. Yuri, Karaka, Revived White. This is going to be quite interesting, especially with both sides noting the others ability