Life - The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 3 | Page 85 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 3

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Thanks. I didn't notice that :lmao
Honestly, you can't go wrong picking what you believe could make you happy. As long as you do stuff and LIVE it'll be fine. Study, work, go for new experiences, anything, just avoid getting "stuck". If later you feel the path you took ain't the right one, then at least you learnt from that "happy little accident" and developed a better idea of what you aspire to be.

I felt the same as you, but rather than picking something I could like I aimed too high for what I was willing to commit effort-wise (went for engineering without any attachment with the subjects involved), which led me to lose opportunities and time (however I was and am fortunate to have a very supporting family and still am young '-') but the biggest loss was emotional. I took too long to admit my mistake, felt forced to keep butting my head against the wall, even if I knew I was unhappy. I kinda wish someone would had taught me that from the beginning (...and that I would had listened, lol) but gladly things turned out for the best. I do hate the school I'm attending (...online) and I do have a hard time studying (which is going slowly BUT IT'S GOING WOOO) but I'm happy and look forward to tomorrow rather than worry about it (or worse, being indifferent).

I feel something else that happens to us is that we desire to leave a huge mark in the world and this extremely high expectation bites us in the ass. I suffer from perfeccionism (the inactive one, I tend to not do things unless I feel I'm delivering a great product, so I drop a lot of stuff and am constantly "affraid" of mistakes -...do as I say not as I do btw lmao-) so that was exponentially bad on me. Now I know that we should try to leave little marks instead, starting from us, but it's still hard '-'''

Sorry for the long post, I kinda lost the plot somewhere in there. Wish you the best.
It's fine. Thank you :hug

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yerr but the problem is that I can be too impulsive
If its brand new...wtf is the problem besides price?
When buying used ofc you should be less accommodating...i suggest bring someone with you who knows abit about cars.
But my advice would be that if you are shopping...major name brand lots sell used cars with extended warranties.
If its not an immediate issue of transportation....then take your time and get what you want and can afford.
:edumacated

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
If its brand new...wtf is the problem besides price?
When buying used ofc you should be less accommodating...i suggest bring someone with you who knows abit about cars.
But my advice would be that if you are shopping...major name brand lots sell used cars with extended warranties.
If its not an immediate issue of transportation....then take your time and get what you want and can afford.
:edumacated
Price, and making sure I'm not getting a lemon or being fleeced.

Would love to get used if it's cheaper though

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
bitch I overthink tons of stuff

because if I don't, I get either impulsive or scare other people and get yelled at even though I know what I'm doing

Lomahongva

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi guys.
I'had never thought that one day I'll be posting something in this thread... But I need to vent this pain in my chest.

Well, the thing is that my sentimental life is a completely mess and I'm of the opinion it's all my fault.

This summer, one of my friends who's been working abroad for the last five years was at home for his birthday. And I was able to go to his party.

A couple of days after the party, one of his friends (who was also there and with whom I've been only an acquitance since we were introduced, years ago. Just a hello or a what's up? every time we came across each other in the street or convention), texted me saying that he had asked our mutual friend for my phone number.

Ok. It surprised me and I thought that he had a little thing for me. Please, understand me: the method he used, I had used it as a teenager too. And, after chatting a little, he invited me out for a coffe.

Ok. At this point I didn't reply him, thinking of doing it in a couple of days because I was really busy at work. I know I was mean to him, but I was unsure since he's a very passionate movie/comic/boarding game fan and we didn't get along the first time we met. He contacted me again, a couple of days later, saying that he wasn't asking me for a date, bc he almost didn't know me enough. That he had seen me as an interesting person and wanted to know/talk to me.

I apologized and we met... and it wasn't that bad. He refrained himself, we chatted, we get to know each other a little... I think we managed to get along this time. And agreed to meet again some other day.

We exchanged some texts and once, he mentioned that he had planed to go out at night but he finally couldn't, but he would have liked if I had gone with him and some friends .

Then, I didn't hear from him for a week. I just wanted to be nice and sent a message. He replied that he was busy atm and was about to ask me to meet. (My inner me thought You wasn't.) But I agree to go out and, after some days, seeing no messages from him, I took the lead and asked him. We went out the following day, spent some time talking and then we went out at night with one of his friends.

I was nervous and feeling uneasy bc I didn't understand my feelings. I was unable to say if I was a little in love, or thinking of him as a friend or little brother or if it was just tenderness towards him...

In one moment, his friend wanted to know what he had been doing (they hadn't met for a while). I had the impression, only the impression, that my friend pointed me out with his head and his friend looked at me. I turned my head blushing bc I was caught looking at them. Once my friend excused him for some minutes, his friend asked me if we were on date which I denied, embarrased. The thing is my friend came back early than I expected and I'm not sure if he saw us talking and me embarrased.

The rest of the night was cool. He texted me the next day to know if it had been fun. I apologized for not being extremely talkative and he gave me some advices and how he had surpased the same problem when he was younger.
Now, I haven't heard from him for another week, again. But today, talking with another friend he said that what he had said about not having a priori love interest in me was the correct thing. That he has no potential interest in me.

Now I feel ashamed of me for not understanding my own feelings, being delusional, thinking that in fact we don't get along and he's only nice to me out of commitment... The fact that we have a mutual friend makes me feel more embarrased.

Thank you guys and sorry in advance for this block of text and endless details.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The worst thing it's that i'm overthinking everything despite of knowing i should be patient and openminded.

Last edited:

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Hey @Lomahongva

Don't feel embarrassed because, well, you didn't do anything wrong, I mean you didn't hurt or deceive that person, it's just that you guys didn't click, it happens. I suppose you think you practically forced the guy into going out with you, messaging him twice after long silences (which is usually not a good sign I admit) but he could have said "I'm really busy now, maybe later" assuming that he had already decided he wouldn't take the next step. Remember, things will only look weird if you act like something is weird, try to stop worrying about it, act normal and move on because I'm sure that's the exact same thing he would have done if you had refused his first invitation.

Just my two cents.

Lomahongva

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Thanks for your answer and advice! :awe

Yeah, that's how I felt the second time. And that's also the reason why I added a "If you can't now, it's ok" line...

Remember, things will only look weird if you act like something is weird, try to stop worrying about it, act normal and move on because I'm sure that's the exact same thing he would have done if you had refused his first invitation.

Just my two cents.
This is how I'll act from now on. In a more relaxed way, trying not to overthink everything.

Just one more thing... he's just asked me if we could go to the cinema together. But this time I'm not going to worry about meaningless things and just enjoy the time!

What will be, will be.:cheerbunny

SupremeMod

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just showed Naruto Sasuke final fight to my friend.

Copy Panda

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
China
Can I confess this whole community award thing is really wholesome?

Everyone is being sweet and cutesy and complimenting each other. Not even superficial things, but actually commenting on the things that user does or has done.

A little sappy, I know, but this community stuff does make me :feelsgoodman

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Can I confess this whole community award thing is really wholesome?

Everyone is being sweet and cutesy and complimenting each other. Not even superficial things, but actually commenting on the things that user does or has done.

A little sappy, I know, but this community stuff does make me :feelsgoodman
STFU!!!!

:clingy

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
STFU!!!!

:clingy
that emoji made me wonder if that's how you are like with your offspring: "LET ME FUCKING HUG YOU, SPAWNS!!" "No dad, we're too old!!"

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
'I only produced you monkeys so I could cuddle with you'

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country