Discussion - Official Baam Discussion Thread | Page 12 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Official Baam Discussion Thread

Sakashi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Well, I'd have to go and say that Baam can take out a ranker depending on which perspective you see it from. The fight between him and Jahad looked like a fight between high rankers to be honest but the question still remains. Is Baam ranker/high ranker material? I'd say that instead of putting our energy on this question, we should put it on: Is Data Jahad ranker/high ranker lvl? From the looks of Data Jahad's attacks, It looked like Data Jahad was atleast slightly higher than a ranker. He was more like a advanced ranker in my opinion. And Baam using both of his thorns combined managed to one shot his arm which proves to us that Baam may be ranker lvl or close to a advanced ranker. Furthermore, there is a advanced ranker on the station and I think that SIU put that guy there for Baam to fight him and show us that he's atleast ranker or advanced ranker material right now but of course not high ranker lvl. For Baam to be high ranker lvl right now at floor 40+ would be too early and it would also be bad writing but I can see him being atleast ''ranker'' lvl. I also think that Baam and the advanced ranker guy is going to fight because I think SIU put him there for a reason and Data Jahad didn't look like a ordinary ranker and not a high ranker.

AAM1232

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India
No way, I doubt that he could even beat Quant or Mule as he is right now.

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Surely not the baam that i want, enry and phanta ? Where is the difference with OPM, they can solo all the tower by themselves.
So you want baam to trash a whole army corp, sqadron is inferior to division so the term is not exact, and you will complain when baam friends become useless or expect them to follow the speed of an irregular.
So Bam when he is fully realizing his potential wont be strong enough to deal with 1 squadron of zahards army? How is he supposed to fight Zahard? Did you even see how powerful Urek is in compared to the rest of the high rankers? Are you seriously saying Bam will be weaker than 1 squadron when he is as powerful as he can get as far his potential goes given current Bam is stronger than the zahard when he was at this stage of the Tower while climbing?

Vitala

Reaction score
Country
Cape Verde
So Bam when he is fully realizing his potential wont be strong enough to deal with 1 squadron of zahards army? How is he supposed to fight Zahard? Did you even see how powerful Urek is in compared to the rest of the high rankers? Are you seriously saying Bam will be weaker than 1 squadron when he is as powerful as he can get as far his potential goes given current Bam is stronger than the zahard when he was at this stage of the Tower while climbing?
Sorry, i thought you were saying he would one shot an army corp by himself soon, of course at full potential maybe he could even take 2 army corps alone.

Sakashi

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
He made a whole floor shake by releasing both of the thorn fragments. Find a ranker who can do that.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry, i thought you were saying he would one shot an army corp by himself soon, of course at full potential maybe he could even take 2 army corps alone.
You know at the end he has to be stronger than Urek right? That means he will be able to take on at least 1000 rankers at once.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Soon is a relative term. We are having 400 chapters of ToG here. I hope before next 400 we will get to see him in his full glory.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Really? I would think he is stronger than both at the moment.

AAM1232

Reaction score
Country
India
He made a whole floor shake by releasing both of the thorn fragments. Find a ranker who can do that.
He doesn't make the floor shake at all, so your point is moot.
Really? I would think he is stronger than both at the moment.
Fact is that we haven't seen an actual Ranker actually fight Baam and lose. Data Zahard is iffy because we don't know how he compares to people like Quant, and both Quant and Mule were handicapped/holding back. Flashy moves don't mean much when the other party has little showings. Until then, I'm not betting on Baam in any fight against a Ranker.

Sakashi

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
He doesn't make the floor shake at all, so your point is moot.

Fact is that we haven't seen an actual Ranker actually fight Baam and lose. Data Zahard is iffy because we don't know how he compares to people like Quant, and both Quant and Mule were handicapped/holding back. Flashy moves don't mean much when the other party has little showings. Until then, I'm not betting on Baam in any fight against a Ranker.
Look carefully at what Data Jahad said when Baam released both of the fragments. He said ''He has the power to shake a whole world/floor''?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
IIRC what zahard said was something along the lines of bam making the shinsoo tremble. But there was no reference to him shaking an entire floor. Not that the hidden floor is actually an entire floor. And it is worth noting that that amount of power would have caused further damage to the hidden floor considering even urek's presence somehow damaged it.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Well Given HR are kind of diverse where you have weak folks like Evan in top 200 there 'maybe' some who Bam can beat some how i guess. If the persons arsenal is mainly spells and it seems spells dont work on Bam he can just beat the crap out that person as the person will have nothing to thrash Bam but honestly speaking, nah i doubt he can beat one now.

Last edited:

Sakashi

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
IIRC what zahard said was something along the lines of bam making the shinsoo tremble. But there was no reference to him shaking an entire floor. Not that the hidden floor is actually an entire floor. And it is worth noting that that amount of power would have caused further damage to the hidden floor considering even urek's presence somehow damaged it.
Cmon now, Don't make me post the picture here? Jahad says it in a panel...

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-304/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=385

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Cmon now, Don't make me post the picture here? Jahad says it in a panel...

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-304/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=385
I took that to mean something different tbh. Something more... metaphorical. If he meant floor then he would have said floor unless that specific part of the translation is bullshit. Which to be fair is not impossible. And even then, we would have to know if he meant floors in general or just the rather fragile hidden floor which we know urek somehow broke.

Sakashi

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I took that to mean something different tbh. Something more... metaphorical. If he meant floor then he would have said floor unless that specific part of the translation is bullshit. Which to be fair is not impossible. And even then, we would have to know if he meant floors in general or just the rather fragile hidden floor which we know urek somehow broke.
I understand what you mean but still.

projectX

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
This is my theory

Baam is mortal with the power of axis within him thanks to his death and rebirth he became the bridge between mortal and immortal.He can swollow anything like a black hole and make it part of himself upgrading his fighting skills and shinso power.He is someting that shouldnt exist like abomination but he is here thanks to Arlene spells and one 1 axis outside the tower who gave him a power that he need to find in himself to became something unique.

Not only this above but he is a prodigy with photogenetic eyes(people with photognetic memory cant remamber anything)That is why Baam can mimic and attack used on him once and avoid the second one.He is marital arts fighter mastered more then 5 styles.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is my theory

Baam is mortal with the power of axis within him thanks to his death and rebirth he became the bridge between mortal and immortal.He can swollow anything like a black hole and make it part of himself upgrading his fighting skills and shinso power.He is someting that shouldnt exist like abomination but he is here thanks to Arlene spells and one 1 axis outside the tower who gave him a power that he need to find in himself to became something unique.

Not only this above but he is a prodigy with photogenetic eyes(people with photognetic memory cant remamber anything)That is why Baam can mimic and attack used on him once and avoid the second one.He is marital arts fighter mastered more then 5 styles.
Some of that is probably true. Still, I think that his shinsoo quality (the black stuff not the orb) is inherited from V.

AAM1232

Reaction score
Country
India
I understand what you mean but still.
Look carefully at what Data Jahad said when Baam released both of the fragments. He said ''He has the power to shake a whole world/floor''?
But the floor doesn't shake. If it did, we would have seen the others feeling it when they don't. So the point is again moot. Hype from the enemy =/= reference to actual power level in this case.

Namchan

Reaction score
Country
Ghana
Bam is at the very least lower ranker level right now as is . He is an irregular fighting the data of an in irregular, this was a high level fight even though of course zahard had not climbed the tower yet. Think about how Bam shut down levi. Though he is a regular , he has the power of a high ranker . And Bam not only shrugged his spells off , he did damage to him only in passing . I think the most dangerous rankers on the field right now , are Evankhell and she would be on Bam side ! The only thing is Bam has such low battle exp, a very smart opponent, or one with tricks would be a problem .

Aegrus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I personally think that the reason to why Zahard didn’t pick a fight with other irregulars was because of that they didn’t care about him. I mean, look at Urek Mazino. Urek told Baam that he wasn’t interested in the seat of the king. The only thing that matters to Mazino is to get out of the tower and that leads to the question: Does Urek know that Baam is his way out of the tower? If he does which I don’t think, it explains why he doesn’t pick a fight with Zahard but that can change in the future if he gets to know the truth about Baam and chooses to protect him against Zahard.

Furthermore, speaking of Enryu. Why didn’t Enryu just fight Zahard and kill him? I see a lot of questions like these on forums. I personally think that there is more to Zahards contract that we don’t know and that could also explain why a Irregular like Enryu killed a Guardian but not Zahard himself despite how strong he is and his unique Shinsoo quality.

Finally, the reason to why Zahard wants to kill Baam is simple. He is the child in Arlene’s prophecy, that is said to bring truth to the tower and defeat the king.
I think the reason for Enryu and Phanta not killing Zahard is because it is not the proper way to fix the problem in the tower. Sure Zahard may be the big bad king, but if he dies, someone like him will probably take the lead and nothing about the Z administration will really change. Therefore they need someone who has garnered the goodwill of the people of the tower and actually be a good leader. Enryu and Phanta are more than strong enough to kill him, but because the people don't know them, the people might assume they are some sort of terrorists. So Baam is the only solution.