Discussion - Least Favorite Aspects/Dislikes of NNT | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Least Favorite Aspects/Dislikes of NNT

T25

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
She could let the war end by letting Mel absorb the commandments and call of the alliance.
What makes you think he would do that?
Oh and how does that stop ludo who has Margaret hostage?

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
What makes you think he would do that?
Oh and how does that stop ludo who has Margaret hostage?
Because he's absorbing the commandments to break her curse. I never understood why people assumed he would continue the war after becoming DK.

T25

Reaction score
Country
United States
Because he's absorbing the commandments to break her curse. I never understood why people assumed he would continue the war after becoming DK.
Where is your logic in saying that breaking her curse is why he will stop the war? This guy said he will kill anyone in his way? Ludo is here to bring war, which you don’t seem to consider when you say Eli started this, and Mel will magically not combat his forces? The dk ain’t dead. What role does he play considering he would probably be equal or so to Mel? Mel has been portrayed as having limited cares. Furthermore how are you factoring in the sd? Will Mel propose a truce to her? How would she answer?

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
Where is your logic in saying that breaking her curse is why he will stop the war? This guy said he will kill anyone in his way? Ludo is here to bring war, which you don’t seem to consider when you say Eli started this, and Mel will magically not combat his forces? The dk ain’t dead. What role does he play considering he would probably be equal or so to Mel? Mel has been portrayed as having limited cares. Furthermore how are you factoring in the sd? Will Mel propose a truce to her? How would she answer?
But once the commandments are absorbed, why would there be further fight? It's too late to stop Mel and fighting further would just cause more death and pain for nothing.

lindananahayashida

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Ban & Elaine = Irrelevant

Liz = (Mel) ← :wub => Due to curse

Masters

4C Mael = :smack = King

Diane = Wasted

Upcoming Power creeps
( Aka. Rue / Liz = Mel tier )

overlordpringerx

Reaction score
Country
Spain
One word: Meliodas

MasniBog

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
1. Way too overpowered protagonist
2. Very small development of some sins made into irrelevance almost(Ban , Diane)
3,Ten Commendments very bad developed as a villain group and got defeated way too easily.
4.DK who started it all got irrelevant really easily.
5.Non existent development of goddess clan
6.Power scaling

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
1. Way too overpowered protagonist
2. Very small development of some sins made into irrelevance almost(Ban , Diane)
3,Ten Commendments very bad developed as a villain group and got defeated way too easily.
4.DK who started it all got irrelevant really easily.
5.Non existent development of goddess clan
6.Power scaling
5. Yeah the goddess arguablke got shafted worst then the giants. The giants atleast aren't really tied to teh main plot nor has Diane really taken her throne so their treatment is atleast understandable.

=/ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\=

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Created this thread to discuss our dislikes about nanatsu no taizai.

Here, I'll begin :cheez:

- How Meliodas gets so much emphasise that it ends up ruining other characters repeatedly. Gloxinia and Drole powers? Nah let's have Meliodas fodderized them. Zeldris being hyped up as the strongest demon of all time? Nah let's have Meliodas fodderized him with a brand new power that was never foreshadowed properly.

-Human Clan became irrelevant and is boring.

-Giant Clan has gotten literally zilch development besides Matrona, Diane and Drole. Besides Diane, the other two didn't get much.

-Fairy Clan is more relevant than Giants, but barely since only the Fairy royalty matter, everyone else is irrelevant. Gerheade had such a unique and interesting personality to me, think about the potential she had concerning the 3000 year history she has etc.

-King and Gloxinia spirit spear still have unrevealed forms, or powers removed because they were simply too strong. Dahlia is just a name..

-Goddess clan just has fodder, Four Archangels, a God, and a princess who has yet to have her full powers revealed.

-Supreme Goddess is no where to be found and is really just a name mostly.

- The respective realms for the races haven't been explored yet.

-Elaine is just a tool for Ban to remain happy. 22k and she's stuck in bed because Nakaba doesn't want to kill her off. Literally ruining her character.

-Mael.

- How the Ten Commandments were handled.

-Chandler and Cusack coming out of nowhere..

- Diane, King, Ban, Gowther getting little to no feats after the Kingdom arc. Last time Diane did anything "wow what the fuck" was when she deleted Helbram. King? Against Albion. Gowther? Mind fucking Dreyfus? It seems like they always get pushed to the side for Escanor and Meliodas to come save the day.

-Elizabeth never using her wings to: fly away from her cursed lover, Chandler and his cheeks and from every other threat realistically. Theres really no reason to deactivate them, yet she does?

-Demon Clan getting everything.

Discuss :cheez
This. This post basically sums up my problems with the series. I just feel like the development in general needed to be handled better whether it was the characters, fantasy setting, or plot progression.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The main problem i have with Nakaba's writing is that his set up is so great, yet the execution is so poor.
This is why some aspects of how the series has been handled have been so disappointing. I also really wish that the development was more evenly distributed when it comes to world building. I loved some characters that are demons but Nakaba has been so biased to the clan itself, sacrificing the world building for other races, that I am tired of seeing any demons. I just don't care about them at this point.

As much as I enjoy Nanatsu no Taizai, I could probably write an entire book ranting about all the issues that I have with this series lol.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Created this thread to discuss our dislikes about nanatsu no taizai.

Here, I'll begin :cheez:

- How Meliodas gets so much emphasise that it ends up ruining other characters repeatedly. Gloxinia and Drole powers? Nah let's have Meliodas fodderized them. Zeldris being hyped up as the strongest demon of all time? Nah let's have Meliodas fodderized him with a brand new power that was never foreshadowed properly.

-Human Clan became irrelevant and is boring.

-Giant Clan has gotten literally zilch development besides Matrona, Diane and Drole. Besides Diane, the other two didn't get much.

-Fairy Clan is more relevant than Giants, but barely since only the Fairy royalty matter, everyone else is irrelevant. Gerheade had such a unique and interesting personality to me, think about the potential she had concerning the 3000 year history she has etc.

-King and Gloxinia spirit spear still have unrevealed forms, or powers removed because they were simply too strong. Dahlia is just a name..

-Goddess clan just has fodder, Four Archangels, a God, and a princess who has yet to have her full powers revealed.

-Supreme Goddess is no where to be found and is really just a name mostly.

- The respective realms for the races haven't been explored yet.

-Elaine is just a tool for Ban to remain happy. 22k and she's stuck in bed because Nakaba doesn't want to kill her off. Literally ruining her character.

-Mael.

- How the Ten Commandments were handled.

-Chandler and Cusack coming out of nowhere..

- Diane, King, Ban, Gowther getting little to no feats after the Kingdom arc. Last time Diane did anything "wow what the fuck" was when she deleted Helbram. King? Against Albion. Gowther? Mind fucking Dreyfus? It seems like they always get pushed to the side for Escanor and Meliodas to come save the day.

-Elizabeth never using her wings to: fly away from her cursed lover, Chandler and his cheeks and from every other threat realistically. Theres really no reason to deactivate them, yet she does?

-Demon Clan getting everything.

Discuss :cheez
The Zeldris thing is a lie. No one ever said he was the strongest Demon of all time or even implied. No one ever even implied that he was stronger than Meliodas who we already knew defeated him in the past.

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Zeldris was just mentioned to be the strongest demon after Meliodas' betrayal. That is true, but Meliodas was just too much of an anomaly.
Regardless, Assault Mode Meliodas did tell Escanor that his little brother put up a similar fight (at that time, we weren't sure if it also hinted at Estarossa's power, but now it's clear that Estarossa never existed) so Zel should still be pretty darn good.
Let's see how he does against Ludociel.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’ve been looking back and while it’s a small detail, I hate how Fraudrin’s death was handled. His love for Griamore doesn’t change everything else. Merlin even says he didn’t deserve to die in the way he did but he totally deserved and she should be ashamed because she knows who Liz is. That last minute attempt to make him some sort of tragic character sucks. I get that it was also supposed to emphasize how much of a Jerk evil Mel was but that could’ve been done without trying to elicit sympathy from Fraudrin who deserved none. I can understand being uneasy because Meliodas loves torturing him but the genuine care for Fraudrin is too far.

Estarossa173

Reaction score
Country
United States
Pointless deaths.

Denzel, Drole, Gloxinia, Monspeet, Derieri, Wild. All of these character’s deaths have been absolutely pointless.

Shit, you could even add Sariel and Tarmiel to that list considering how they went out.

Last edited: