Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Magazine News & Discussion (2014 - 2021) | Page 116 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Magazine News & Discussion (2014 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RafaFedKilla

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks awful from that short preview. The sketchy style with digital doesn't mix well.

Vizard

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Genosha
#45 Cover:

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I'm a bit interested now. I really like the art style, but I'm not sure if this is the genre of stuff I usually enjoy. I'll have to check out the first couple chapters to get an idea. From everyone's reaction on here, it seems like WSM just scored another pretty well-known author who has a decent likelihood for success. Based on some TOC trends, and while I've noticed they usually mean the least in this magazine, I'd say This Man and Yoru are going to have their work cut out of them to survive. I hope Senryuu Girl doesn't get swept up in the mix since it sells decently, but not quite as highly as many of the other series. I'd say it having a shorter page count helps it out though

Galactic Tomahawk

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'll miss Nakayama's kind of bonkers writing but it's definitely for the better lol. Kodaka seems like a natural fit for him.

Nemesis

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Just reached the more recent chapters of Hitman and man, that's quite a good manga. Also many good information about editors. As right now, it's probably the best work of Seo

Heiji

Reaction score
Country
Japan
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
January for Love x Dilemma anime.

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Looks awful from that short preview. The sketchy style with digital doesn't mix well.
I just read it. It was meh, I enjoyed the art and all but the storyline seems pretty generic for me. I'll hold on to see if it gets better.

How's Atutushi as a writer? Im aware that he's only doing the art for this (which is great) but I haven't read a whole lot of his past works, some of em' seem like they got axed. I heard some good things about Uratarou.

Last edited:

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just read it. It was meh, I enjoyed the art and all but the storyline seems pretty generic for me. I'll hold on to see if it gets better.

How's Atutushi as a writer? Im aware that he's only doing the art for this (which is great) but I haven't read a whole lot of his past works, some of em' seem like they got axed. I heard some good things about Uratarou.
I'd also call the first chapter just ok. I wasn't really won over by the teacher, but I like the main girl. I also really liked the guy and girl that I doubt they'll show anymore considering what happened to them at the end of the chapter. They had a pretty funny dynamic

Tanzo

Reaction score
Country
United States
一花、来週卷頭C:五等分の花嫁
次号予告!! 
応援に感謝して特別企画満載(はぁと)
1 人物人気投票結果発表!!
2 50名様签名複製原画!!
3 TVアニメキービジュアル&豪華Castを大発表!!
Issue 47 (?): Lead CP: Gotoubun no Hanayome
- Popularity Poll Results Announcement
- TV Anime Key Visual & VAs Announcement

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
Issue 47 (?): Lead CP: Gotoubun no Hanayome
- Popularity Poll Results Announcement
- TV Anime Key Visual & VAs Announcement
The internet very well could break depending upon the results for this popularity contest. These results are surely going to generate a ton of discussion on Twitter/Japanese forums/4chan/etc (go Itsuki!)

DJBlitzkrieg

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
The internet very well could break depending upon the results for this popularity contest. These results are surely going to generate a ton of discussion on Twitter/Japanese forums/4chan/etc (go Itsuki!)
It'll be interesting seeing who will get second and third, first place is already evident.

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
It'll be interesting seeing who will get second and third, first place is already evident.
I also think that Miku will probably win, but I've been following the official Twitter pages, and the weekly Tweets involving each of the other 4 sisters have basically caught up to ones about Miku. Several months back, the Miku Tweets on Wednesdays would always get overwhelmingly more activity. Now, the most retweeted/liked post could be any sister in a given week. Of the sisters, Miku will probably take first and I can see Yotsuba and Itsuki being lower. Nino is the wildcard here since the fanbase has really been yoyo-ing on how they feel about her, especially given the past arc or 2.

DJBlitzkrieg

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
I also think that Miku will probably win, but I've been following the official Twitter pages, and the weekly Tweets involving each of the other 4 sisters have basically caught up to ones about Miku. Several months back, the Miku Tweets on Wednesdays would always get overwhelmingly more activity. Now, the most retweeted/liked post could be any sister in a given week. Of the sisters, Miku will probably take first and I can see Yotsuba and Itsuki being lower. Nino is the wildcard here since the fanbase has really been yoyo-ing on how they feel about her, especially given the past arc or 2.
I've also been following Jap twitter too and even though online popularity is pretty much similar across the board (and fluctuating depending on the chapter of the week), the otaku audience that buys the volumes is a pretty different story, to quantificate better the popularity of them you can use C94 as an example, Miku's shirt was completely sold out in the first hour of the sale while the others took almost the entire day to sell out, another example is the recently open store of 5Toubun goods (you can read about it on 5Toubun twitter), Miku's shirt and poster (the swimsuit one with Ichika) were already sold out by the second day of the sale, Yotsuba's and Nino's shirt managed to sell out almost 1 week later. Another important detail to have in mind is that this poll was released with Volume 5 (only those who bought it could vote), so Nino is in disadvantage regardless of her current rise since her most significant moments hadn't happened yet at that point.

In any case, I'm very curious to see Itsuki's place in the poll, I've never figured out exactly how big her popularity is over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.