| Page 79 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Gildarts & Zeref vs. Acnologia? Who wins?

• Gildarts & Zeref

• Acnologia

Results are only viewable after voting.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

The video consists of two songs, the one I mean is the 2nd one playing at half time, but first one is also a good one. The 2nd one is Aomine‘s theme for season 2 :awe He also has a pretty cool theme for season 1, but it‘s more of a mysterious othan an action theme.
Oh yeah, that one is great! Downloaded and added to my playlist. Great track to get hyped. :zomg
Then two other favorites of mine are:

Gyakushuu is not my cup of tea but Triple Team has become my favorite one. Especially the transition at 02:18 is fascinating. :wtf
Thanks a lot for expanding my playlist. :zomg

Love that you enjoyed the movie, and that you also loved all those scenes. Even Midorima who you dislike you still liked his moments. The movie really does try to let the 5 GoM and Kuroko + Kagami all have their moments of shine. Aomine sadly didn‘t have as much scenes as he deserved, but he‘s the only player who played all the 40 minutes of the game. Even Akashi got subbed out at some time, and all other players too, but Aomine stayed all game. They obviously know who they can‘t afford to bench :awe Prolly making all those off screen points for Vorpal Swords.
Kise combining zone and perfect copy to become the best player in the world is cool, but.. there‘s little point to it since he doesn‘t even last a minute until he collapses :XD So despite that powerup he still isn‘t Aomine and Akashi tier. Midorima didn‘t really do anything new, but he already does what he does well perfectly enough. Murasakibara stepped it up and was overpowering and outplaying Silver without any zone, just being good and strong, but then got hurt..
And yeah, emperor eye for everyone :lmao And then Nash‘s one can see every player on the court, then Akashi BSes that by seeing ever further into the future. Idk :catshrug Could‘ve been better ways to do cool stuff than basically pull something even worse than Zone 2.0 of the Seirin Rakuzan game. But oh well, it was entertaining enough.

Jabberwock were also cookie cutter assholes as you said, and 3 were nameless(but it‘s a movie with limited time).

Glad you enjoyed, that you love Aomine too now :awe And can feel for why I spam his gifs and :aomine now :rolleyes:

And those screencaps are great, reminding me of the cool scenes :zomg Thanks syx!
Nah, at no point of time I would trade Aomine for Kise. Overall, Aomine has way more going for him if you consider that you have to play for 40 minutes (and more). Not to mention that he is shown to be a very smart basketball player. Paired with his freestyle nature he can always adapt to new situations and pull off something unpredictable.

Pretty much agree with everything you said. They shouldn't have given Nash an improved Emperor Eye. They drove themselves into a corner, because that way Akashi was destined to get an even more improved Emperor Eye. I don't know what the overall reaction was, but I can see a lot of people giving it a pass just because no one could sympathize with Jabberwock.

In the end, what matters is that the movie entertained us more than it annoyed us. A nice popcorn movie. :nod

For me DGM is a manga that I followed since the very start, so I am quite a loyal reader. However I definitely can understand you! I did that with Nana (or else Farfosh would kill me 'cuz I promised to read it and MW trauma for her =3=) and being very well aware that there won't be a new chapter. So.. that was kinda.... hmmmm... and I wouldn't prolly do it again if someone would recommend me a manga that is on a very long hiatus.
I wouldn't drop a manga either if I had started it since the beginning and actually liked it. These kind of series book themselves a spot in our heart, which makes it almost impossible to drop it. :lmao
Anyway, I can't wait to hear your opinion on PH. That manga is really worth the time and truly wonderful in all kind of ways. The way the artist handled things in her story is really well connected not to mention her improvement in art is really magnificent. One of the best arts (and coloring) that I have seen in a manga. Also as I said before, it might start confusing for you in the beginning however before you know it all the dots will be connected and the ending will not be a disappointment, I can assure you that! Also I forgot to mention that romance does also play a part (not much but you will definitely see it yourself) but I guess that's mostly a normal thing. xD There is more I can possible recommend you but lets see what you will find about this manga. So I hope you will like it! :'D
I'm kinda hyped right now. I don't know when I will start PH, but you can be sure that I will spam the hell out of your thread.

oh god thank you Erin for changing syx's mind :wtf
Hey, I didn't say I will definitely give it another try.

@syx

These damn machines are such a scam. Tried more times to get my Aomine towel than I'd like to admit :emocat A dangerous place for people with gambling problems. Hard to let the Aomine towel go, but can't get it :XD
OH NOOOOOO DON'T TELL ME YOU DIDN'T GET AN AOMINE TOWEL? :pout Ah fuck! I feel so sorry for you. : (
I would try my luck a lot too if I were in your shoes. :darn

Had these too

Japan has all sorts of different machines to play for prizes, and each is more of a scam than the previous one. There's only one type of machine that's actually doable, some timing press with trying to stop a light on the correct spot, short window but doable. But sadly only few things are prizes on those...
:wtf Akashi with a Shogi piece. :wtf

And I can only see one Aomine plush there, looks like we have a clear winner when it comes to the favorite KnB character in Japan. :lmao And to be honest, Aomine has the best expression out of everyone. :zomg

Did you get your hands on anything related to KnB?

And thanks a lot for sharing such great pictures! : )

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Monthly? More like yearly xD

Well in its current state, its not really the most ''clearest'' manga to read at the moment however I wouldn't call it necessary a mess per se when it left the magazine just look it from this pov even if it wouldn't leave it, it would still come in the current state that it is regardless 'cuz of the authors sickness however I can't really blame her, she is just unlucky and yet she is trying so hard to make the best out of it. Seems like a really hard position for her and I must say that she is still doing a really good job for that and especially the improvement in her art like holy freaking god. Its a bit of a shame since DGM had one of the best potentials to be a great manga (which it still is in my eyes but the pacing is actually mostly the problem right now..).

A year ago I started rereading the manga again when the new chap came just to refresh my memories (I moslty do that when I follow a manga thats on Hiatus or when I loved a story so much that I felt like to reread it again) and honestly, most things are quite well connected but the things that does bother me is the pacing obvious (I am pretty certain thats the whole main problem which makes some things really looking confusing because there are still yet things that have to be answered. At least it is going into that direction however its not enough at the moment and this current arc isn't really helping either '-') and the Mana-Neah thing. The split personality would kinda explain things however I need more then that so I kind of consider that as a plothole and of course our wonderful friend, Apocryphos and the heart Innocence, and lets not forget about 34 years ago with the whole betrayal and why Road is so attached to Neah after all, what makes him so precious for him? Why can't Tyki remember Neah? Pretty much the Noah's ''history betrayal'' situation, and of course bookman connection with the Noah's. But yeah those still have yet to be answered so who knows when we will get that. xD Also when I was also rereading it back the author foreshadowed actually quite some things in the early stage of the manga which some things already happened what I really liked since it made me think about a few different possibilies that could possible happen and thats one thing what I did adore about DGM.

Well Syx already stated he won't read mangas that are on hiatus so he wouldn't touch it regardless and I understand him fully however if that wouldn't be the case, I would still recommend him DGM. If we put the things aside that we mentioned, the story itself is still great to read imo but its neglected mostly 'cuz of its pacing and the hiatus, and those are the things that makes it look like a mess since we.. get.. a fucking.. chapter.. one.. per.. year so some current things look like plotholes but we have still yet to get an answer on those which she seems to work on but yeah.. kinda hard atm. xd And don't worry I won't hate you but I can't guarantee if @Erinyes will tho. =3=/
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

=O Those arts are really nice, I haven't seen them before. That's some nice coloring the artist did there. Man.. I am starting to miss DGM..... again. T_T
but why.... !!!

indeed magi-chan , nii kun, bam :arf !!!

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Didn‘t get the towel, was quite sad :emocat But can live without it, and won‘t waste lots of money on it irresponsibly.
As for other KnB stuff, saw some in stores, but I‘m not sure whether I‘ll buy anything and what yet. So far I scouted our the stores and things they have, then will see what I do this upcoming last week. Not much of a collector myself.

I love that transition in tripple team too :zomg I think we may have similar music taste. Gyakushuu also has an interesting part of the OST in the last third of it that really sells it for me, but also had to listen to it a few times until I wanted to add it to my list of songs, so can understand why you wouldn‘t like it.

In the end, what matters is that the movie entertained us more than it annoyed us. A nice popcorn movie. :nod
Exactly, it entertained and gave fanboys of all characters enough to enjoy, so it did what it was supposed to do :nod

Reactions: syx

Kiki

S-Slave
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Please make sheep :pout the funniest one ever :pout
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
oh nvm, I just saw your sheep :lmao

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

yo syx-chan here s some cute tpn stuff :zomg !

Found this gorgeous pic by chance on twitter needed to share it ♥

Pics sources : @cry_mond + pinterest

seey you ! ^^

Your posts are always a sight for sore eyes.

It's always heartwarming to see Norman having a place in the arts. Can't wait for him to join the others, we have already waited for far too long for the reuinion. : /

The third from last and the last one are my favorites. :awe Sonia looks badass! :zomg

Thank you so much. I didn't deserve such greatness. >.<

Kiki

S-Slave
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Hi my evil twin

Kiki

S-Slave
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Why the strike though? Clearly, I am the (more) evil one between the two of us. : )

How can I be of help to you?
nah, nothing really important. I was just reminded we were born on the same date lol. Once again finally I found my partner in crime :zomg

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
nah, nothing really important. I was just reminded we were born on the same date lol. Once again finally I found my partner in crime :zomg

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
Okay, someone had this comment on Tumblr ''me on my way to tell people to read Umineko'' and posted this gif

And here after I saw that I was like, ''Syx reading/playing Umineko and on his way to finish it be like

''

~~

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Okay, someone had this comment on Tumblr ''me on my way to tell people to read Umineko'' and posted this gif

And here after I saw that I was like, ''Syx reading/playing Umineko and on his way to finish it be like

''

~~
Aren't you a funny one, heh?

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Magi that implies he's actually progressing, which he didn't do in months... "yeah no worries niichan, will definitely finish Umineko in 2018" he said, and it's almost November now. But without love it cannot be seen, so I will believe until the bitter end!

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
He still has more than 2 months left you greedy monsters!

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
It'd be so funny if syx actually finished Umineko lol. How far are you with it?

After you caught up with To You, The Immortal, I feel I need to repay the favour. Anything you'd recommend.

Nice to see niichan get on board too, well, you should've been first

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
It'd be so funny if syx actually finished Umineko lol. How far are you with it?
Haha, I haven't touched Umineko for months. :lmao
After you caught up with To You, The Immortal, I feel I need to repay the favour. Anything you'd recommend.
You feel obliged to pick up a series just because I read one of your recommendations? That's sweet, Jarred-kun. :shakefist But there is no such rule. Actually, I'm in your debt for recommending me a series which I entertained me a huge lot so far. I would advise you to follow nii's recommendations. However, if you really want to hear me out then let's do this (I don't know what you are looking for though):

Made in Abyss is a great manga in my view, but I saw that you gave its anime a 7/10. Which means our opinions differ by a good margin, hence I wouldn't recommend it to you since the anime is very faithful to the manga.

You also watched Mahoutsukai no Yome and put it on hold after 2 episodes. Any reason for that? I think if the first couple of episodes don't pique your interest, then I guess it's also better to not pick up the manga.

We are both reading One Piece with the same score. :lmao

I started to read Pandora Hearts, but I'm just at chapter 15, which means I don't have a complete (or good) picture of it yet. The series is finished and actually well received. The first 15 chapters entertained me a lot, it's adventure/mystery based as far as I can tell. And the series is hilarious. xD

Shingeki no Kyojin is in your "plan to read" list. But your SnK anime scores tell me that it won't fully impress you. I have the slight suspicion that our overall taste might not match, haha. SnK is one of my alltime favorite manga series.

Toaru Railgun is quite a charming and cool series, but it pales in comparison to other ones I follow.

You also read Vinland Saga, but put it on hold with a score of just 8/10, smh. And you put Yakusoku no Neverland (my favorite ongoing series) on hold with a score of freaking 7/10. :nah

Which only leaves Tower of God as an ongoing series I follow and didn't mention yet. However, it's a manhwa (weekly), has approx. 400 chapters (one chapter stomps a weekly manga in terms of pages and maybe content) and the art might not be everyone's cup of tea. But I tell you... if the term "epic" were a manga/manhwa genre, then Tower of God would be the only series to deserve it.
  • incredible and huge world-building
  • an awesome cast
  • beautiful and capable females everywhere (yes, this needs a separate listing)
  • flashy art and fights
  • many mysterious elements
That's all in regards to ongoing series I follow (except for Pandora Hearts of course). As you can see, the range is very limited. :nomoar

Two series I dropped/finished which I highly praise:
  • Haikyuu (dropped it due to the amazing anime): feel like reading a sports manga with great art, thrilling matches and neat characterization? Then Haikyuu is the series to go. I would have never expected to fall in love with a Volleyball manga series.
  • Orange (finished series): I lost count on how many times this series hit my heart. Oh god, I'm thinking about to wear a Naho-chan set again. It's a drama series with a tiny, tiny bit of science fiction about - how should I describe it without spoiling anything - some students helping a fellow classmate? Gosh, I'm so bad at this stuff. Let me just say one thing: it's an awesome showcase of pure friendship (and everything which comes along with it).

Again, my best recommendation is to follow nii's recommendation. : )

Reactions: Nii