Question - What is the role of Urek Mazino? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question What is the role of Urek Mazino?

Sakashi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Urek Mazino has been the most broken character in the series so far and every time SIU uses him he does it in a way to save Baam or someone else. It's like a legal way to use ass-pulls. Furthermore, I would like to talk about what you guys think about Urek Mazino? Personally, I don't have anything bad to say about him since I like the way SIU introduces him every time when there is a problem that the MC can't handle. But, that's just me. We also know that Urek tracked Phantaminum and followed him when he entered the tower. This lead to Urek making a great mistake and got stuck. Furthermore, Urek and Wolhaiksong's wish is to get out of the tower but how will they do it?

As we all know. Baam is the key to get out of the tower but do you guys think that Mazino knows it? Remember when Gustang was talking about Arlene when first meeting Baam. Yuri and everyone else got suprised and started thinking about who Arlene is but we saw no panel of Urek wondering about her. Furthermore, when Urek left Baam and the team, his close friend the guy who gave him the ring told him ''is it really fine to let them go?'' and Urek said that It's okay and that he will surely meet Baam in a higher place. I mean, the information is very vague but there is a chance that Urek might know more about Baam than we know.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
My take on mazino is that in the grand scheme of things he isn't meant to be too important in the story. Realistically speaking mazino is insanely powerful and could actually do all the stuff bam is meant to do. Maybe even easily. Though I don't personally think mazino would have an easy time with zahard at least. Basically mazino is what will keep things from getting beyond what bam or his friends can handle. Sort of like, if bam is going to confront zahard its going to be mazino that stops the loyal family heads from supporting zahard directly. Or if bam has to face a high ranker before he is competent enough to handle it its going to be urek that gets in the way. Which is also a role yuri has. Though of course yuri will be bam's equal long before urek.

I also kinda get the impression that urek might take a central role in whatever SIU is planning after tog. We know there is a whole universe out there and the series ending with mazino (and bam?) leaving the tower is not all that unlikely. That said, I don't think urek's "knows" that bam is the key to leaving the tower nor do I think that is the case. Why would we think bam is the key to leaving the tower? Bam leaving the tower and returning to the cave would be an adequate ending of course but nothing we know suggests bam is a a way or path to leave the tower.

Also worth noting, urek being after phantaminum is a rumor. It's not necessarily the case....

Sakashi

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I think that The rumour about Urek and Phantaminum is true due to what Urek said to Baam when Baam told him that he is a Irregular. The words that Urek exchanged with Baam showed that Urek seems to know more about the tower as in depth. Furthermore, I agree that this argument that I’m using may be vague but if there is a chance that all of this is true, then I’ll believe in it.

Now back to Baam. Baam is the child in Arlene’s prophecy that is said to bring truth to the tower, defeat the greedy king and lead people to new heights. When I read TOG, I personally made the conclusion that if you climb higher then the chances of you getting out are higher. I don’t know what conclusion you guys made but this is what I believe. Furthermore, Arlene showed a weakness in my argument by writing in her diary that she found a way out of the tower but how? We got to know that Arlene was seen at the floor of death before she got out so how is this possible?

And I also agree on the part Where you said that Urek is going to be the one to handle very strong opponents that Baam will surpass at the end of TOG. Right now, Baam is nowhere near that kind of power level.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I think that The rumour about Urek and Phantaminum is true due to what Urek said to Baam when Baam told him that he is a Irregular. The words that Urek exchanged with Baam showed that Urek seems to know more about the tower as in depth. Furthermore, I agree that this argument that I’m using may be vague but if there is a chance that all of this is true, then I’ll believe in it.

Now back to Baam. Baam is the child in Arlene’s prophecy that is said to bring truth to the tower, defeat the greedy king and lead people to new heights. When I read TOG, I personally made the conclusion that if you climb higher then the chances of you getting out are higher. I don’t know what conclusion you guys made but this is what I believe. Furthermore, Arlene showed a weakness in my argument by writing in her diary that she found a way out of the tower but how? We got to know that Arlene was seen at the floor of death before she got out so how is this possible?

And I also agree on the part Where you said that Urek is going to be the one to handle very strong opponents that Baam will surpass at the end of TOG. Right now, Baam is nowhere near that kind of power level.
Was that said? I don't recall that. The floor of death as we know it would not even be a thing by the time arlen escaped. It was well after her escape that enryu showed up and defeated the administrator.

As far as my own conclusions... I am confused regarding several things to be honest. The information we have on post floor 134 stuff is weird. Going by the lore the implication seems to be that high rankers can do to floor 135. but isn't that the floor which zahard closed off? How are rankers allowed to go there if the place has been closed of? I call shenanigans....

Sakashi

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Was that said? I don't recall that. The floor of death as we know it would not even be a thing by the time arlen escaped. It was well after her escape that enryu showed up and defeated the administrator.

As far as my own conclusions... I am confused regarding several things to be honest. The information we have on post floor 134 stuff is weird. Going by the lore the implication seems to be that high rankers can do to floor 135. but isn't that the floor which zahard closed off? How are rankers allowed to go there if the place has been closed of? I call shenanigans....
Yeah, and I completely agree with you but what I meant was how it is possible to get out of the tower from floor of death. That floor is in the 40s, while we still got 90+ floors left. It’s very weird and not logical in my opinion. Furthermore, Jahad himself is on floor 134 so if she went up there to get out she would most likely die. There is also a chance that Gustang might have had a hand in Arlene getting out but that is just pure speculation so far..

I can also think of two ways that she got out:

1. Due to Enryu killing the administrator the connection to the outside got weak.

2. Arlene used a spell to get out.

These two are very vague but I can’t help it.

We should keep this thread on the Urek subject btw XD.

Back to Urek again. Urek was even the fastest climber in the history after Jahad and his friends entered. I know that it’s logical to argue here and say that he was already strong when he came in but in my opinion I see more than that.

- The rumour about him and Phantamium.
- The words he exchanged with Baam about being himself.
- He didn’t get suprised when Arlene’s name came up and he also didn’t ask Gustang about it.
- He was the fastest climber in the history of the tower. Climbing to the top in 50 years.
- He made Wolhaiksong in order to get out of the tower.
- The rumour about him getting in to the Administration ranking Office to try surpassing Phantamium in the ranking.

Last edited:

Hussy1234

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Hmm.. I dont have any idea of how arlene get out of the tower but I don't think that urek is schemer type of guy. He is the most straight forward and open type of guy. Who said what he like and dont afraid of any consequences. If he think that Bam is the key he will then directly will ask Bam.

I mean upto now we have seen urek is the most powerful charcter who dont have any bad intention and who don't care to scheme. He do what he like and he is not afraid of anyone.
He is the powerhouse and so broken that.. While he was climbing the tower always represnted so strong that.. In data world his mere presence created a bug room and mirror was not able to creat his enemy correctly and as the god of gurdains said when urek met him he was already stronger than him.

Sakashi

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hmm.. I dont have any idea of how arlene get out of the tower but I don't think that urek is schemer type of guy. He is the most straight forward and open type of guy. Who said what he like and dont afraid of any consequences. If he think that Bam is the key he will then directly will ask Bam.

I mean upto now we have seen urek is the most powerful charcter who dont have any bad intention and who don't care to scheme. He do what he like and he is not afraid of anyone.
He is the powerhouse and so broken that.. While he was climbing the tower always represnted so strong that.. In data world his mere presence created a bug room and mirror was not able to creat his enemy correctly and as the god of gurdains said when urek met him he was already stronger than him.
Well, he will maybe tell Baam when he sees him next time. Jahad is after Baam now so next time Urek appears, Baam will most likely tell him everything.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Yeah, and I completely agree with you but what I meant was how it is possible to get out of the tower from floor of death. That floor is in the 40s, while we still got 90+ floors left. It’s very weird and not logical in my opinion. Furthermore, Jahad himself is on floor 134 so if she went up there to get out she would most likely die. There is also a chance that Gustang might have had a hand in Arlene getting out but that is just pure speculation so far..

1. Due to Enryu killing the administrator the connection to the outside got weak.

Back to Urek again. Urek was even the fastest climber in the history after Jahad and his friends entered. I know that it’s logical to argue here and say that he was already strong when he came in but in my opinion I see more than that.

- He didn’t get suprised when Arlene’s name came up and he also didn’t ask Gustang about it.
- He was the fastest climber in the history of the tower. Climbing to the top in 50 years.
- The rumour about him getting in to the Administration ranking Office to try surpassing Phantamium in the ranking.
As far as how is it possible to get out of the tower from the FOD.... We don't have any reference of that ever happening. The FOD as a tower exit is not a thing which has been mentioned or implied so far.

Dunno, I don't specifically get the impression urek is particularly connected or aware of bam's.

TheMoa

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I also kinda get the impression that urek might take a central role in whatever SIU is planning after tog. We know there is a whole universe out there and the series ending with mazino (and bam?) leaving the tower is not all that unlikely. That said, I don't think urek's "knows" that bam is the key to leaving the tower nor do I think that is the case. Why would we think bam is the key to leaving the tower? Bam leaving the tower and returning to the cave would be an adequate ending of course but nothing we know suggests bam is a a way or path to leave the tower.

Also worth noting, urek being after phantaminum is a rumor. It's not necessarily the case....
If I remember correctly, on the FoD Baam told Rachel that he was going to leave her behind, climb the tower, find the key and to get out of it beating zahard, fug and the 10 families if necessary

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
"The Tower only accepts that which it needs".

Repellista's Guide said something like that.

Urek has a role to play in the Tower, he is one of the strongest, is the leader of Wolhaiksong etc.

We can't really know what role he is supposed to play exactly but I am sure he'll become some kind of big brother for Baam in the future as a fellow Irregular, who is more experienced and doesn't share the views of the others.

I wouldn't really say that Baam is the key to get out of the Tower.

Sakashi

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
"The Tower only accepts that which it needs".

Repellista's Guide said something like that.

Urek has a role to play in the Tower, he is one of the strongest, is the leader of Wolhaiksong etc.

We can't really know what role he is supposed to play exactly but I am sure he'll become some kind of big brother for Baam in the future as a fellow Irregular, who is more experienced and doesn't share the views of the others.

I wouldn't really say that Baam is the key to get out of the Tower.
Well, the best chance of getting out of the tower is to join Baam.

Brian Taboada

Reaction score
Country
United States
It was said somewhere that Gustang knew the way out of the tower. Urek went to him to get this information and left infuriated by Gustang's coyness.

paulbee

Reaction score
Country
United States
1) Re. The floor of death, it is where Arlene gave birth to Bam, maybe also the place where Zahad killed him.
2) We were never told where exactly Arlene was when she found the exit from the Tower.
3) Interestingly, Irregulars came from outside the tower, only to climb the tower to find yet another exit from the tower. This to me implies that Irregulars come from a space Lower than the Tower, but not contained in it. Perhaps the Tower is analogous to a Hell type Realm (caves and dark), followed by an Earthly/Purgatory type Type realm (inside the Tower), filled with labor and danger, where one works/struggles in order to ascend. And finally a Nirvana type realm at the top of the Tower., with Jahad being the final Boss, or trial to overcome.
4) It's interesting that Phantaminium went as high as Zahard's floor and faced up to Zahard, but left , perhaps announcing Zahard's doom at the hand of a child he had once killed? The same is true of Urek who has stopped ascending the tower and instead has joined Wolhaiksong and created a place of refuge and respite for climbers. Perhaps Urek knows that Bam is meant to open the way upward, not himself.

It seems that Urek's role is to be a beacon and rare protector to Bam. Maybe even a true "rival" for Bam to train with and level up for his up comming Messianic fight against Zahard? There is a lot of symbolism in this tale, it seems.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
1) Re. The floor of death, it is where Arlene gave birth to Bam, maybe also the place where Zahad killed him.
2) We were never told where exactly Arlene was when she found the exit from the Tower.
3) Interestingly, Irregulars came from outside the tower, only to climb the tower to find yet another exit from the tower. This to me implies that Irregulars come from a space Lower than the Tower, but not contained in it. Perhaps the Tower is analogous to a Hell type Realm (caves and dark), followed by an Earthly/Purgatory type Type realm (inside the Tower), filled with labor and danger, where one works/struggles in order to ascend. And finally a Nirvana type realm at the top of the Tower., with Jahad being the final Boss, or trial to overcome.
4) It's interesting that Phantaminium went as high as Zahard's floor and faced up to Zahard, but left , perhaps announcing Zahard's doom at the hand of a child he had once killed? The same is true of Urek who has stopped ascending the tower and instead has joined Wolhaiksong and created a place of refuge and respite for climbers. Perhaps Urek knows that Bam is meant to open the way upward, not himself.

It seems that Urek's role is to be a beacon and rare protector to Bam. Maybe even a true "rival" for Bam to train with and level up for his up comming Messianic fight against Zahard? There is a lot of symbolism in this tale, it seems.
One thing though, it has never been said that irregulars enter the tower merely to escape it. We don't actually know for a fact why any of them came in to begin with.

Also, it does not look like zahard or urek came from places "underground" or analogous to hell. Zahard and urek have made the point they come from vast places. Even if the analogy would be very fun in general, it doesn't seem consistent with other stuff that has been said.

paulbee

Reaction score
Country
United States
One thing though, it has never been said that irregulars enter the tower merely to escape it. We don't actually know for a fact why any of them came in to begin with.

Also, it does not look like zahard or urek came from places "underground" or analogous to hell. Zahard and urek have made the point they come from vast places. Even if the analogy would be very fun in general, it doesn't seem consistent with other stuff that has been said.
I do recall that Arlene wanted to see the stars (which is where Rachel likely got the idea). If we assume that irregulars came from vast spaces, then maybe there are layers upon layers of structures such as the Tower

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I do recall that Arlene wanted to see the stars (which is where Rachel likely got the idea). If we assume that irregulars came from vast spaces, then maybe there are layers upon layers of structures such as the Tower
I have my doubts about that. There being other structures like the tower wouldn't be unusual at all but I don't think the universe is build like that. The wiki actually has summaries and bits of SIU's stuff from before TOG. Comics with axis and stuff.... There is even one with Talse User being the main character... And they speak of people being capable of interplanetary travel and who knows what else. So the tower is technically many times larger than earth but within the context of the outside, where there is apparently a human civilization that spawns over a vast universe, the tower is legitimately minuscule. At the very least, if the old stuff still holds relevance its unlikely the universe in tog is built as you suggest.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States

I highly doubt Arlene actually made it OUTSIDE. She made it to an area that is not under Zahard’s influence (e.g. an area Zahard did not contract with an administrator) but clearly since Rachel had contact with Arlene or someone related to Arlene and Bam was in that place that is NOT outside, Arlene did not make it to what Urek calls outside.

Additionally, floors above 134 are beyond Zahard’s control. It could be that any Rankers are allowed to go up but they die. It could be that Zahard will allow it under a special condition (that he actually made impossible for a Regular or 10 GF head to accomplish). We still don’t know that up means out but given Rachel’s statement about the stars.... I feel it has to be true somehow.

Also, Urek knows about Arlene and all that because Garam or someone else already asked Urek to kill Zahard. You can see that in his reaction to Bam about being true to himself. This has nothing to do with Phanta as far as we know. I have read that Urek came in because of Phanta from the wiki. Unless it’s in a blog I have no idea where it came from. It definitely is not in the manwah text, cuz I just read the beginning to the Hell Train arc recently.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I have my doubts about that. There being other structures like the tower wouldn't be unusual at all but I don't think the universe is build like that. The wiki actually has summaries and bits of SIU's stuff from before TOG. Comics with axis and stuff.... There is even one with Talse User being the main character... And they speak of people being capable of interplanetary travel and who knows what else. So the tower is technically many times larger than earth but within the context of the outside, where there is apparently a human civilization that spawns over a vast universe, the tower is legitimately minuscule. At the very least, if the old stuff still holds relevance its unlikely the universe in tog is built as you suggest.
Given that things can be compressed in the Tower I wouldn’t be surprised if the Towers in the outside weren’t actually that big.

Sakashi

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Well, to be fair we still don't know a lot about Urek Mazino. We only know that he is ranked in the top 5 and that he is the co owner of Wolhaiksong. Furthermore, if Baam can reach the 77th floor it will lead to more secrets getting revealed and in that way we might know more about Urek and Baam. Urek might tell him about how he came in to the tower and that's where we will know if he has a connection to Phants. SIU said that he would deal with Urek's backstory in the later parts of TOG, but when? No idea.

projectX

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Urek want to go out from the Tower.I think he and Baam will have the same goal and will work together after floor 77 when Wolhaiksong became Baam ally.Arlen and V wanted to climb the Tower and not stop.I think Baam will inherit their wish and will clim it to the end but to do this he will need strong people like Urek on his side.Later in the story Enryu will join them too and Gustang.There is no other option when you will need to fight 9 great family heads(Gustang was ordered to be killed) and Zahard plus all his army and defeated them.It will be insane fights between irregulars !

SIU said that the number of irregulars in tower is a secret.Someone else will join Baam,Urek, Enryu and Gustang team.After all they are against 10 irregulars (if not more).

Last edited:

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Provide a Mentor to Bam, Bam learned how powerful an irregular can be first time in the FoD and through Mazino.
Provide a way out of seriously broken situation where Bam might go into.